The Illegal Alien Situation - Whats happening to our country?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NuclearWinter
"The news is brimming with excitement over today's scheduled illegal-alien demonstrations (which they still carefully mislabel as "immigration protests"wink. Don't know if any will be as big as last year's. Weather here in San Diego is overcast and drizzling, supposed to be that way most of the day.

Word is that one of the reasons for the demnstrations, is the illegal aliens' anger over the stepped-up ICE raids and deportations.

Let me get this straight. A bunch of people who deliberately entered this country illegally, and are subject to deportations if they are caught, are holding PUBLIC DEMONSTERATIONS, en masse, saying they are unhappy the cops keep deporting them???

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?

It strikes me as being very similar to the following situation:

---------------------------------------

A guy breaks into your house. You come home to find him sitting on your couch, watching your TV, eating your food, and fondling your daughter or whatever. You tell the burglar to get out, and he replies that he'll be unhappy if you call the cops to remove him. You call your neighbors, and discover that several of them also have burglars sitting in their homes. The cops show up and start hauling away burglars. But they can't get all of them, there are too many.

Next thing you know, huge numbers of burglars who haven't been caught yet, start marching down the street, waving flags and signs saying "What's yours is mine", snarling traffic for hours, and telling every news camera that shows up that they are unhappy that American cops are enforcing the laws they knew were in place before they broke into your houses, and that the cops' acts of arresting burglars is somehow unfair to the burglars.

The news people start carefully labelling these people "undocumented roommates" instead of burglars. Your local city council begins debating "housemate reform", proposing to pass laws that if the burglars go back to their own homes and pay a fine, they can then legally live in your house and eat your food, which they now have a right to.

You protest that we don't need to change or "reform" our laws, merely to enforce the ones we already have, that have been on the books for decades. Those old laws say things like "No one can break into your house. If they do, they go to jail and get punished; and of course they must get out of your house immediately and pay for any damage." You find youself labelled "racist", "heartless", and "uncaring" in the very media you thought would publish the truth about what was happening."

chillmeistergen
I think someone's slightly paranoid.

NuclearWinter
This answer is very clear and easy to read, but we as Americans aren't figuring it out yet. IMO we need to remove all un-documented persons from this land like yesterday.

We need to have secured our borders like yesterday, this isn't something that needs senate and congress haggling over it is very clear this issue.

But if congress needs more proof or if senate needs more proof. Then make it totally mandatory that they have to spend 2 weeks out in the field, living like the minutemen were you know roughing it while they documented the activity coming across the borders.

After they have completed the training operation I can assure you this wouldn't be an issue any longer. These undocumented people carry no rights in this nation and they have been allowed to stay here and be a burden on every aspect of our system because we are supposed to "need" them to do the manual labors .

Now if these people want to be here legally then they need to do the right thing, if not they should be deported with no questions, they screwed up and didn't "play the game" correctly.

Hell, I don't play the game either, but....this is NOT their country. They do have one you know...even though they are scared of it.

Strangelove
That situation is pretty humorous, actually laughing

NuclearWinter
"As for why the media isn't trying too hard to get out the clear truth about illegal aliens.....

This just in from an illegal-alien demonstration this morning in Houston:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/redrotties/NBCcameraman.jpg

The Constitution may not be perfect, but it's better than the system we're using now."

NuclearWinter
lol. Viva la Mexico?

Wtf?

chillmeistergen
Oh my god he has a flag on his camera, PANIC!!!

NuclearWinter
Strange...handle this sh!t dawg....

Shakyamunison
The majority of illegal aliens are hard working, good people who are just trying to make a better life for themselves.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The majority of illegal aliens are hard working, good people who are just trying to make a better life for themselves.
They certainly are and they are doing it at our expense. American Citizens that is.

But hey...Viva la me-hico brother. Wheres your sombraro anyways? It's Sinco De Mayo in a couple days.

chithappens

Who apparently want no one else in similar situations to get the same chance... This is just mad weird

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by NuclearWinter
They certainly are and they are doing it at our expense. American Citizens that is.

But hey...Viva la me-hico brother. Wheres your sombraro anyways?

Yeah sure, the pennies that you're paying them to do your dirty work. Real expense.

Strangelove
62% of Americans support amnesty for illegal immigrants who already live and work inside the United States. wink

http://letters.washingtonpost.com/W4RH02C3A92A4DCB0412B302831790

Shakyamunison

But hey...Viva la me-hico brother. Wheres your sombraro anyways? It's Sinco De Mayo in a couple days.

Some are doing at our expense, but we let them. We have the responsibility for not stopping them in the past.

chithappens
Originally posted by Strangelove
62% of Americans support amnesty for illegal immigrants who already live and work inside the United States. wink

http://letters.washingtonpost.com/W4RH02C3A99A7DCB0412B302831790

Well they need to also show how many of that 62% do not mind illegal immigrants coming and not passing legislation to stop them.

It would be dumb to say, "No new ones but the old ones are cool!" and yet I bet more than half would be opposed to letting more illegal immigrants come in.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yeah sure, the pennies that you're paying them to do your dirty work. Real expense.

First of all..I'm not payin them squat. My government and our corporations are.

Or wait..are they our corporations or mexico's corporations? I forget.

When you have a staff of 95% illegals it's hard to tell.

Strangelove
Originally posted by chithappens
Well they need to also show how many of that 62% do not mind illegal immigrants coming and not passing legislation to stop them.

It would be dumb to say, "No new ones but the old ones are cool!" and yet I bet more than half would be opposed to letting more illegal immigrants come in. The poll specified illegal immigrants that already live and work in the United States.

I'm sure a majority of Americans oppose more illegal immigrants coming in srug

chillmeistergen

Before I even begin to reply fully, where are you getting these statistics from? I suspect your own deluded head.

chithappens

Are you talking about those companies who load up across the Mexican border and hire aliens? (there is a sociological term for the border but it is not coming to me right now)

I don't think he means all across the U.S.

NuclearWinter
"I keep running into weird argument after weird argument when the subject of illegal aliens is discussed. I'm beginning to think the people who want to eliminate immigration laws and open the borders, have NO rational arguments on their side.

Latest one seems to be, that laws limiting our immigrants are somehow "unfair" to those who don't get the chance to get in.

We built a country here, that everyone else wants to get into. We made laws saying only so many immigrants per year could get in. That's considered "unfair".

Suppose we had built a country instead, that was like, say, Mexico, whose people are risking death by the millions to cross deserts to get OUT of the country. And suppose we then made our country even worse than that somehow. Now NOBODY wants to get in. We set the same immigration quotas... but now they go unfilled because nobody wants to get in.

Are the quotas unfair now? I'd imagine the reconquistas would now say NO.

So what's the difference? Quotas are the same in either case. The only difference, is in one case we built an attractive, desireable country and we're UNFAIR. But in the other case we built a third-world-style shithole, and that makes us FAIR.

So, building a nice country people like enough to want to get in, is UNFAIR???

Tell me, what exactly did we do to the people outside, that was so unfair? If the land that's the United States had sunk under the sea a million years ago and the country we have today never existed, would present-day Mexicans have been better off?

By building a nice country and putting immigration quotas in place, we haven't done a THING to the people south of us. If there was nothing here at all, they still wouldn't have been able to move north.

So stop griping, you reconquista whiners. The only thing that's UNFAIR, is the way your own country is treating you. It's so bad there, that you are killing yourselves in droves trying to get out. Why don't you take your protests there, instead of biting the hand that treats it's people right?

You have a country of your own. Don't blame us because you f*cked it up. And now that you've f*cked it up so badly, the LAST thing we want is for you to come here and try to ruin ours.

We'll let in a few hundred thousand a year, because that's how many we can handle and train to become Americans. And we want those immigrants to become Americans, not just stay Mexican, because we don't want you to do to our country, what you've done to yours.

The problem is not that we want to take in a few hundred thousand. The problem is that you want to send millions. And please exuse me, but that's YOUR problem, not ours. You need to fix the reasons why millions want to flee your country and come to ours.

We fixed it here, as your immigrations desires prove. You'll have to fix the problem there. Or else you'll always have the problem, no matter what we do."

chithappens
Originally posted by Strangelove
The poll specified illegal immigrants that already live and work in the United States.

I'm sure a majority of Americans oppose more illegal immigrants coming in srug

Yeah I noticed when I clicked on the link. I wish they asked that also. That would've been very, very interesting.

I think most Americans oppose more but I this is all a result of globalization and the "pro business climate" supported by the federal government. Anger needs to be directed properly - miseducation in full effect.

NuclearWinter
If you can't march in your own country without being afraid of the consequences, I call that being a chicken-shit. Forgive me.

"Hey Pedro, let's go to America, we can march there without getting hurt."

Binche Carona. lol.

I love hispanics. I dispise illegal alien activity.

chithappens
"I keep running into weird argument after weird argument when the subject of illegal aliens is discussed. I'm beginning to think the people who want to eliminate immigration laws and open the borders, have NO rational arguments on their side.

Latest one seems to be, that laws limiting our immigrants are somehow "unfair" to those who don't get the chance to get in.

We built a country here, that everyone else wants to get into. We made laws saying only so many immigrants per year could get in. That's considered "unfair".

Suppose we had built a country instead, that was like, say, Mexico, whose people are risking death by the millions to cross deserts to get OUT of the country. And suppose we then made our country even worse than that somehow. Now NOBODY wants to get in. We set the same immigration quotas... but now they go unfilled because nobody wants to get in.

Are the quotas unfair now? I'd imagine the reconquistas would now say NO.

So what's the difference? Quotas are the same in either case. The only difference, is in one case we built an attractive, desireable country and we're UNFAIR. But in the other case we built a third-world-style shithole, and that makes us FAIR.

So, building a nice country people like enough to want to get in, is UNFAIR???

Tell me, what exactly did we do to the people outside, that was so unfair? If the land that's the United States had sunk under the sea a million years ago and the country we have today never existed, would present-day Mexicans have been better off?

By building a nice country and putting immigration quotas in place, we haven't done a THING to the people south of us. If there was nothing here at all, they still wouldn't have been able to move north.

So stop griping, you reconquista whiners. The only thing that's UNFAIR, is the way your own country is treating you. It's so bad there, that you are killing yourselves in droves trying to get out. Why don't you take your protests there, instead of biting the hand that treats it's people right?

You have a country of your own. Don't blame us because you f*cked it up. And now that you've f*cked it up so badly, the LAST thing we want is for you to come here and try to ruin ours.

We'll let in a few hundred thousand a year, because that's how many we can handle and train to become Americans. And we want those immigrants to become Americans, not just stay Mexican, because we don't want you to do to our country, what you've done to yours.

The problem is not that we want to take in a few hundred thousand. The problem is that you want to send millions. And please exuse me, but that's YOUR problem, not ours. You need to fix the reasons why millions want to flee your country and come to ours.

We fixed it here, as your immigrations desires prove. You'll have to fix the problem there. Or else you'll always have the problem, no matter what we do."

Your entire rant leaves out all sorts of issues.

Globalization alone makes a much better argument explaining why people are coming to industrialized nations as illegal immigrants.

I don't think people "**** up" on purpose. You leave out lots of history to explain how things got how they are.

In short, your rant is misdirected.

Grinning Goku
Every American is an immigrant. It's just that some got here before others.

chithappens
They mean domestically born in this case

Grinning Goku
I know, just saying.

Fishy
Illegal immigration sucks and all, but let's face it until you give them equal rights to normal Americans company's won't stop hiring them. Fine the company's that don't give them the same benefits as normal Americans, kick out those that have no work and no children that grew up here and keep those that have jobs.

NuclearWinter
Meanwhile we have no plans for stopping the flow of millions and millions per year.

Just great.

Long live America? Not for long.

Alliance
I think someone's slightly paranoid.

And delusional, reactionary, xenophobic, and pretty much downright wrong.Originally posted by NuclearWinter
Meanwhile we have no plans for stopping the flow of millions and millions per year.

Just great.

Long live America? Not for long.

Irish need not apply.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Alliance
And delusional, reactionary, xenophobic, and pretty much downright wrong.

Irish need not apply.

If there are Irish coming here illegally than they apply.

ragesRemorse
"The news is brimming with excitement over today's scheduled illegal-alien demonstrations (which they still carefully mislabel as "immigration protests"wink. Don't know if any will be as big as last year's. Weather here in San Diego is overcast and drizzling, supposed to be that way most of the day.

Word is that one of the reasons for the demnstrations, is the illegal aliens' anger over the stepped-up ICE raids and deportations.

Let me get this straight. A bunch of people who deliberately entered this country illegally, and are subject to deportations if they are caught, are holding PUBLIC DEMONSTERATIONS, en masse, saying they are unhappy the cops keep deporting them???

A guy breaks into your house. You come home to find him sitting on your couch, watching your TV, eating your food, and fondling your daughter or whatever. You tell the burglar to get out, and he replies that he'll be unhappy if you call the cops to remove him. You call your neighbors, and discover that several of them also have burglars sitting in their homes. The cops show up and start hauling away burglars. But they can't get all of them, there are too many.

Next thing you know, huge numbers of burglars who haven't been caught yet, start marching down the street, waving flags and signs saying "What's yours is mine", snarling traffic for hours, and telling every news camera that shows up that they are unhappy that American cops are enforcing the laws they knew were in place before they broke into your houses, and that the cops' acts of arresting burglars is somehow unfair to the burglars.

The news people start carefully labelling these people "undocumented roommates" instead of burglars. Your local city council begins debating "housemate reform", proposing to pass laws that if the burglars go back to their own homes and pay a fine, they can then legally live in your house and eat your food, which they now have a right to.

You protest that we don't need to change or "reform" our laws, merely to enforce the ones we already have, that have been on the books for decades. Those old laws say things like "No one can break into your house. If they do, they go to jail and get punished; and of course they must get out of your house immediately and pay for any damage." You find youself labelled "racist", "heartless", and "uncaring" in the very media you thought would publish the truth about what was happening."

THE MEXICANS ARE COMING...RUN!!!!!!ban

J-Beowulf
This answer is very clear and easy to read, but we as Americans aren't figuring it out yet. IMO we need to remove all un-documented persons from this land like yesterday.

We need to have secured our borders like yesterday, this isn't something that needs senate and congress haggling over it is very clear this issue.

But if congress needs more proof or if senate needs more proof. Then make it totally mandatory that they have to spend 2 weeks out in the field, living like the minutemen were you know roughing it while they documented the activity coming across the borders.

After they have completed the training operation I can assure you this wouldn't be an issue any longer. These undocumented people carry no rights in this nation and they have been allowed to stay here and be a burden on every aspect of our system because we are supposed to "need" them to do the manual labors .

Now if these people want to be here legally then they need to do the right thing, if not they should be deported with no questions, they screwed up and didn't "play the game" correctly.

Hell, I don't play the game either, but....this is NOT their country. They do have one you know...even though they are scared of it.

I agree, actually...

If they want to get payed by American businesses and make American money, they should do it legally. It's not immigration that I have a problem with, it's ILLEGAL immigration.

OMG I agree with Nuclear... WTF

chithappens
If corporations did not want cheap labor this would have been finished long ago.

This is again about "pro business" climate and the threat of capital flight

Darth Jello

That's not feasable, the buses would stretch from mexico the canadian border. The best solution would be to dump pesos, ban americans (tourists included from entering mexico and basically level trade sanctions and embargos against them till the government either liberalizes or gets overthrown and replaced by a better one, then they won't have any reason to come over here. Or better yet, just arm the zapatistas.

Devil King
There is but one word that "illuminates" this situation. "Illegal".

Alliance
If there are Irish coming here illegally than they apply.

Lots of old immigrants came illegally too...and the didn't speak English...and they had other cultures...and they "took jobs" from hard-working Americans for zero salaries...

I'm still waiting for the system to collapse buddy...

Random fact: When high schools generally became public in teh early 1900s, school lunch programs were instituted...not becuase it was healthy, but the government felt it was necessary to acustom all the immigrant groups to American food.

BackFire
Did anyone say "Dey tuk ur juuuobs!!"

If so, sorry.

Devil King
Originally posted by BackFire

If so, sorry.

I'm sure they did. Just not with so many "questionable" letters.

Alliance
I want to know how many middle class whites are concerned about the migrant worker business beyond what they have to pay at the grocery store

chithappens
Lots of old immigrants came illegally too...and the didn't speak English...and they had other cultures...and they "took jobs" from hard-working Americans for zero salaries...

I'm still waiting for the system to collapse buddy...

If corporations did not want cheap labor this would have been finished long ago.

This is again about "pro business" climate and the threat of capital flight

Devil King

I disagree. They took jobs they were "qualified for". It's only in modern times that we have associated "qualification" with "being from the US from the beginning"

Schecter
THEY TOOK OUR J-....

Originally posted by BackFire

If so, sorry.

damnit. wtf. *leaves*

chithappens
Originally posted by Devil King
I disagree. They took jobs they were "qualified for". It's only in modern times that we have associated "qualification" with "being from the US from the beginning"

Cheap labor

Devil King
Cheap labor

That simply is not th e case. Just because we have redefined the measure of "cheap labour", doesn't mean we've changed the definition of 'cheap'.

Alliance
Cheap labor

...thats capitalism. And guess what, they're rise up into the middle class just like every other immigrant group in history.

SHOCKING!

How did YOUR immigrant family start...

headrek1
Nuclear Winter you're dead on. When you express an opinion that's not popular, people automatically put the blinders and ear muffs on and the "you're stupid"s start to come out. But, I've never understood why Illegal imigrants have power in this country, they are demanding health care, immigration reform, better eductaion, what f!@@#%^ grounds do you have to stand on and demand these things!?! Why should citizens who are legal support you with our taxes!?! I'm black and I know this is coming: "Well, you being a black man should be extra sensitive to the plights of these people." Well, I'm not! It's not a Hispanics thing either, it just so happens that the majority of them (illegals) are. This affects my community (and obviously those Hispanics who are legal) even more than other ethnicities in this country. Because unfortunately, many of the jobs these "illegals" are taking are blue-collar jobs that the mother (who's not trying to be a welfare-queen) with three kids and no husband had, or the guy who wants to make his money and not turn to the streets to do so had. Now, granted a lot of this is due to lack of edcuation which is truly a shame (and not entirely some of our faults), but why should congress spend resources helping people who are technically "squatters", and not help its citizens (everyone who is legal, not just blacks) who are also in need of govt. assistance? If they want to be Americans I have no problem with them doing so through the legal means that are already established (@#$$ a new iimigration reform). Those who don't qualify need to go about affecting change in their own countries to make their lives more comfortable. They need to make their govt's work for them, they only have themselves to blame when there are dictatorships who control them, how di the dictators get in office? In countries with millions of people one person doesn't just rise to power without some degree of popular support. When people collectively band together for change no govt can keep them down forever (proof? the fall of the Kremlin, the french revolution, the American revolution, the anit Apartheid movement in S. Africa, and even the Civil rights movement in America) and losses will be inevitable, but putting their burdens on us just isn't going to fly.

Goddess Kali
Ummm...Nuclear.....you are aware of the fact that United States stole Texas and other territories from Mexico, long ago, right ? erm

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Ummm...Nuclear.....you are aware of the fact that United States stole Texas and other territories from Mexico, long ago, right ? erm

Texas seceded from Mexico on their own accord, and was accepted as a state afterwards. The real controversy comes from the fact that Mexico had not officially recognized the secession when the United States annexed the territory as a state. For all intents and purposes, Texas was its own territory.

At the end of the war, which the United States won, California and New Mexico came as a part of the treaty signed at the end of the war. Then, Southern Arizona came in the form of the Gadsden purchase.

You can argue over the war all you'd like, but I believe that the United States did not steal land from Mexico at all.

JacopeX

You protest that we don't need to change or "reform" our laws, merely to enforce the ones we already have, that have been on the books for decades. Those old laws say things like "No one can break into your house. If they do, they go to jail and get punished; and of course they must get out of your house immediately and pay for any damage." You find youself labelled "racist", "heartless", and "uncaring" in the very media you thought would publish the truth about what was happening." You are pretty much dreaming or exaggerating. When an illegal is legal and gets all the papers and documentation, they are legal, period. What is it doing to the country? Nothing. Nothing at all. Shortage of jobs? Well look at the world leader before us that is causing a shortage of Jobs. Not immigrants. It is actually getting harder and harder for them to find work now days.

And no, you are not going to be labeled racist for asking a minority to leave the house or call the cops on them. Your mind says "RAAAH!!!!" But it really is saying "Paranoid".

Before I even begin to reply fully, where are you getting these statistics from? From his exaggerating ass.

Hell, I don't play the game either, but....this is NOT their country. They do have one you know...even though they are scared of it. You see, cognress and the senate connot change "We the people" Which means everyone. What is an american in your definition? An american is not white, black, hispanic, or native american. It has no ethnicity.

The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is a free country and a country for all. Did you ever take civics courses in high school? Because it seems you have none.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by JacopeX
You are pretty much dreaming or exaggerating. When an illegal is legal and gets all the papers and documentation, they are legal, period. What is it doing to the country? Nothing. Nothing at all. Shortage of jobs? Well look at the world leader before us that is causing a shortage of Jobs. Not immigrants. It is actually getting harder and harder for them to find work now days.

And no, you are not going to be labeled racist for asking a minority to leave the house or call the cops on them. Your mind says "RAAAH!!!!" But it really is saying "Paranoid".

From his exaggerating ass.

You see, cognress and the senate connot change "We the people" Which means everyone. What is an american in your definition? An american is not white, black, hispanic, or native american. It has no ethnicity.

The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is a free country and a country for all. Did you ever take civics courses in high school? Because it seems you have none.

Perhaps you forgot what the word "illegal" means. Or perhaps you just don't care.

And if that's the case, go to Mexico illegally and see what happens to you when a police officer takes notice of you.

In Mexico, they don't play around. Why should the USA?

Right now, I'd have to call the United States a pussy on this issue. And the illegals are running scared from Mexico because they are AFRAID to take a stand there. Why? Because compared to the United States when it comes to this, Mexico is the "bad-ass".

Why do you think Mexicans have so much pride for their country? Even when they run from it? Why would so many of them rather wave their flag and burn ours?

Because the truth is folks, that they look at the United States as a dollar sign. And as a country that can't even enforce it's own laws properly. And they laugh all the way to the bank because of it.

Schecter
here we go again with this copout horseshit circular argument.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/ILLEGAL.gif

PiruBlood
people talk and no ****in action.

Sadako of Girth
In my book, I have little problem with immigration,
but the illegal part leaves me more concerned.
Its not "They took our jobs" thing, more of a "think that our countries should at least know who they have coming into them."

Thats all..

Violent K
It's funny really. So many times, our country(America) is labeled as crap. Yet...

(1) More illegal Aliens come in
(2) Refuse to be deported
(3) B!tch about how America sucks.

~Forever*Alone~
maybe if you wanted less illegal aliens you should make it easier to get a visa smile

mighty adam
Perhaps you forgot what the word "illegal" means. Or perhaps you just don't care.

And if that's the case, go to Mexico illegally and see what happens to you when a police officer takes notice of you.

In Mexico, they don't play around. Why should the USA?

Right now, I'd have to call the United States a pussy on this issue. And the illegals are running scared from Mexico because they are AFRAID to take a stand there. Why? Because compared to the United States when it comes to this, Mexico is the "bad-ass".

Why do you think Mexicans have so much pride for their country? Even when they run from it? Why would so many of them rather wave their flag and burn ours?

Because the truth is folks, that they look at the United States as a dollar sign. And as a country that can't even enforce it's own laws properly. And they laugh all the way to the bank because of it. you have a big point the usa has become weak.shit soon they will out number us better get your gun ready time to kill some border hoper's yeeeee Haw!!!!!!!!!!

Alliance
*yawn*

*Mutters somthing about historical context and Ameriacn xenophobia*

Violent K
America ain't weak. They be blowing up Iraq and shit.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Violent K
America ain't weak. They be blowing up Iraq and shit. droping bombs on them b#tches all day baby.usaflag

Alliance
^^^ Actually I think any percieved weakness comes form people like you.

Devil King
*yawn*

*Mutters somthing about historical context and Ameriacn xenophobia*

You know, there was another class of people in the United States that used to do the jobs Americans "wouldn't do".

mighty adam
^^^ Actually I think any percieved weakness comes form people like you. WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
Texas seceded from Mexico on their own accord, and was accepted as a state afterwards. The real controversy comes from the fact that Mexico had not officially recognized the secession when the United States annexed the territory as a state. For all intents and purposes, Texas was its own territory.

At the end of the war, which the United States won, California and New Mexico came as a part of the treaty signed at the end of the war. Then, Southern Arizona came in the form of the Gadsden purchase.

You can argue over the war all you'd like, but I believe that the United States did not steal land from Mexico at all.

No, Mexico fully recognized Texas as its own entity, but part of the two countries' deal was that Texas would not become part of the United States.

leonheartmm
LMAO!!!!!! the guy who opened this thread is an idiot. obviously nuclear winter does not understand basic economics. MOST of the illegal aliens that enter america through borders{im talkin over 90 % atleast} because they cant support themselves due to their best efforts in their own country. ALL of these over 90% people work for americans with NO BENEFITS, no social security, no services and BELOW minimal wage pay as the employers threaten{amercian employers} them due to their illegal position. they CONTRIBUTE to the economy, welbeing of the american public and do the jobs most americans wudnt do themselves. in every way they give more than they cud possible ever hope to take. theyr exploited merely by the stereotype of ILLEGAL ALIEN and due to the consensus of a large portiion of the general public{people like u} on the stereotype. america gets a lot more out of them than it ever gives back and its parallel to slave labour. THEN it shows its prejudice by deporting them!!!! these people are BENEFACTORIES of america, NOT ITS BURDEN!!!!!!!!

furthermore america is responsible for a LOT{more than any other contry in the world} for actively working towards the downfall{economically, socially, politically etc} of many many different regions of the world{africa, southern asia, china, russia, south america, mexico etc etc} and the tactics used are nothing short of brutal{waging hidden genocides etc} if u only knew where to look. at the very leats, its people who dont on the surface actively perpetrate such acts have a duty to take care of and provide for refugees{which they dont do for the so called illegal aliens} and as a human, dont u have a responsibility to the wrest of the human race to atleast willingly share some of ur luxuries{most of which are TAKEN from the wrest of the world and most pof which most of the world's population will never expirience} with a needy person who means no ill will?! really this type of attitude disgusts me. one reason why i HATE patriotism. its a vice.

Alliance
Originally posted by mighty adam
WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

You.

Starhawk
I think we need to control our borders better. I have no problem with immigration, but we need to keep our population under control for the legitimate citizens of this country.

agent 667
I think someone's slightly paranoid. Well it's obvious you don't live in California.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by leonheartmm
LMAO!!!!!! the guy who opened this thread is an idiot. obviously nuclear winter does not understand basic economics. MOST of the illegal aliens that enter america through borders{im talkin over 90 % atleast} because they cant support themselves due to their best efforts in their own country. ALL of these over 90% people work for americans with NO BENEFITS, no social security, no services and BELOW minimal wage pay as the employers threaten{amercian employers} them due to their illegal position. they CONTRIBUTE to the economy, welbeing of the american public and do the jobs most americans wudnt do themselves. in every way they give more than they cud possible ever hope to take. theyr exploited merely by the stereotype of ILLEGAL ALIEN and due to the consensus of a large portiion of the general public{people like u} on the stereotype. america gets a lot more out of them than it ever gives
back and its parallel to slave labour. THEN it shows its prejudice by deporting them!!!! these people are BENEFACTORIES of america, NOT

That's the biggest load of crap I've ever suffered to read. Illegals bring wages down since they are pretty much encourage cheap labor.The reason they get so much support from the Main-Stream media is because Big business wants these that. Not to mention americans are taxed for social welfare for immigrants.

Illegal aliens are not required to have insurance or a drivers license and when police pull them over and they can't speak English the cops just let them go. This is commonly accepted and we have talked directly to police who have admitted the fact that they are ordered to release illegal aliens. It's one law for American citizens and another for the precious illegals.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/7newsinvestigates/10945705/detail.html

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/8/19/150601.shtml

Illegal aliens can cash checks, get credit cards and open bank accounts without a social security number or any other documentation besides an easily obtained card from the government of a different country, yet American citizens are shunned if they don't have all their papers in order. Organizations like Bank of America reward criminals for entering the country illegally and give them a clear incentive to stay.

Meanwhile, border agents who attempt to apprehend drug smugglers attempting to sneak into the United States are jailed and subsequently beaten for violating the illegal alien's civil rights! This is the message the Bush administration sends to the border patrol - if you do your job then you'll get punished for it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/03/27/dobbs.ramos/index.html

Naz

Agreed. I have no problem with people wanting to live and work in the US, but having our borders unprotected like this does leave us vunerable to terrorists who decide to use the US-Mexico border to enter the country. erm

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Naz
Agreed. I have no problem with people wanting to live and work in the US, but having our borders unprotected like this does leave us vunerable to terrorists who decide to use the US-Mexico border to enter the country. erm

I agree, we should protect the border, but we should not demonize the Mexican people.

Fishy
I agree, we should protect the border, but we should not demonize the Mexican people.

Of course you should, it's fun. Besides illegal aliens create huge downsides for the American economy, I am all for letting people in your country if they will get killed in their own country or if they have the ability to work in the US. The problem is that they are working below minimal wages, making it both dangerous for them and hard for the American public. Paying them all the exact same as the US citizens with the same responsibility's from both the company's and from them would certainly help, and then all you would have is people filling in your work force.

Downside of that however is the likely huge unemployment rate in the US from Mexicans who can't find a job...

mighty adam
You. i just feel like us Americans need to look after our own. i feel like most illegal alien's just want to come here make money and take it back to their countries to help their families. they could give two ****s about becoming a American or helping out by becoming a tax paying civilian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.