Radio producer fired for skit about Allen Iverson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chithappens
Story here

I'm not out to scream racism. Don't care all that much for the word, but I had to post this because unlike the Imus comments, this is blantly offensive.

I can not believe someone would even publish this for public view. I'm looking for the skit now but this is just... Wow 4 real?

I know people would say things like this privately but damn! Public! Just wow.confused

Bardock42
W-what's the big deal?

Gregory
I am unimpressed. From the description, it's not even obvious what was racist about it, unless when you hear "drugs" and "murder of homeless people," you immediatly think "black." In which case the problem isn't on radio dude's side.

chithappens
I'm just not sure why he thought this was fine to put out publicly. The thought of this being "ok" is really weird.

Gregory
Also, Iverson appears to, in fact, be a drug-user or former drug-user who has allegedly brandished a semi-automatic weapon at his cousin and threatened to murder him. So he's hardly some pure, innocent victim.

Bardock42
Originally posted by chithappens
I'm just not sure why he thought this was fine to put out publicly. The thought of this being "ok" is really weird.

Because it is a joke?

chithappens
Originally posted by Gregory
Also, Iverson appears to, in fact, be a drug-user or former drug-user who has allegedly brandished a semi-automatic weapon at his cousin and threatened to murder him. So he's hardly some pure, innocent victim.

Source please

chithappens
Originally posted by Bardock42
Because it is a joke?

Anything can be a joke to you?

Fishy
Even if it's not, what is he really doing accept accusing somebody of something? That should get him sued with slander or something not get him fired...

I would also hardly call it racism...

chithappens
Didn't call racism. I just wonder how the hell anyone thinks this is ok to publish openly.

Gregory
Source please

Well, Wikipedia I guess. If you type "allan Iverson" cousin into Google you'll get news results about the event, too.

And it's obvious that someone thinks this is a racial issue, since the only thing the article bothers to mention about him is that he's black.

Fishy, don't know what it's like on your side of the pond, but in America, making fun of a public figure like Iverson is not slander, especially since I doubt he actually claimed Iverson did the things he was depicted doing in the skit.

Fishy
Didn't call racism. I just wonder how the hell anyone thinks this is ok to publish openly.

Yes I do, if he was lying he could be sued for it, if he wasn't then there should be no problem should there?

If he didn't even claim those things then I am seriously wondering what the hell all this crap is about?

Gregory
The article gives almost no details. It's hard to make any sort of judgment based on it.

lord xyz
I don't see the racism in saying "having sex with "mexicans"." or "illegal aliens" as it isn't refering to a race or anyone specifically. To me, that's a stupid article.

chithappens
Originally posted by Fishy
Yes I do, if he was lying he could be sued for it, if he wasn't then there should be no problem should there?

Lying? He obviously didn't shoot an immigrant and there is nothing even on Wikipedia about looking for Mexican women along the river.

What are you talking about?

chithappens
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2007/04/richard_oliver_9.html

Jeff Vexler and Walter Pasacrita, co-hosts of an afternoon sports talk show on KTKR-AM 760, The Ticket, have been disciplined after a controversial skit the show ran Wednesday that included a faked interview with Nuggets star Allen Iverson.

According to one Spurs source who heard the segment, it included a faux chat with Iverson in which it's mentioned that San Antonio was sluggish in the opening game because he and teammate Carmelo Anthony gave the opponents something from their "special stash." Additionally, there is a mention of Denver players cruising the Riverwalk looking for sex and of Iverson firing a pistol into the air to celebrate the opening victory, with the bullet coming down to hit a homeless person.

The segment included several references perceived to be racist by the Spurs and sources close to the station.

"We thought the skit was highly offensive and very inappropriate," Spurs spokesman Tom James said this afternoon. "As a result of that skit, we don't want them involved in any way, shape or form with Spurs programming."

As a result, James confirmed that the team has severed all ties with the hosts and their show, and head coach Gregg Popovich will no longer do his weekly appearance for the station through at least the remainder of the playoffs.

"I don't like nothing negative like that," Iverson said after Game 3. "I don't smoke weed and I'm married. For them to put out something like that is awful. It shows what type of class (the Spurs) have as an organization (to separate themselves from the show). And for the guys that did that it shows what type of class they got."

Attempts to reach George King, the station's operations manager, were unsuccessful. Both Pasacrita and Vexler also were unavailable, and those reached at the station declined to comment.

The Spurs hold sponsorship and contractual relationships with Clear Channel, which owns KTKR. It is the reason, James said, that the team felt it could pull the station's credentials for its postseason games.

"Obviously, we are not in the position to dictate control with every media outlet," he said. "But in this situation, it's a bit different. We felt strongly enough about the content of that skit that we deemed action was necessary."

With Vexler, one of the usual Spurs game-night studio hosts, sidelined, Andrew Monaco is handling the duties tonight.

------------------------------------------------ ---------

Took forever to get that shit to work...

----------------------------------------------------------

Edit: This is from the link that would not work. Includes a few details not mentioned above:

Additionally, the bit had the fake Iverson talking about firing a gun into the air to celebrate being picked No. 1 by the Philadelphia 76ers, with the bullet falling to hit a homeless person. That turned out OK, the impersonator said, because the man turned out to be an "illegal alien."

"I don't like nothing negative like that," Iverson, a veteran player who was traded to Denver in December, said in reaction.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I can not find a link to the skit to figure out which bit about the gun is accurate.

King Nothing
The Answer lied his ass off, he smokes weed, cheats on his wife (some times with other famous peoples wives), and he was an offensive rapper. I don't see it as a racist skit, I just see it as someone making fun of The Answer.

Bardock42

Dunno, maybe he read some stupid piece of paper that said something like "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Might be a possibility.

botankus
Correct me if I'm wrong, but on pay stations like XM or Sirius radio, you can say whatever you want, including what Imus or this guy said about A.I.?

If that's true, then I don't really see the difference, as you have to "choose" to listen to free radio just as much as you "choose" to pay for those stations.

Alfheim
I dunno man its seems like a joke to me. If it were me I would be offended, but its just seems like they were having some fun.

You wanna know what offensive is......South Parks showing of the Crocdile Hunter after he died...now thats offensive.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alfheim
I dunno man its seems like a joke to me. If it were me I would be offended, but its just seems like they were having some fun.

You wanna know what offensive is......South Parks showing of the Crocdile Hunter after he died...now thats offensive.

Nah, that was just hilarious.

Alfheim
Nah, that was just hilarious.

Your joking right?

Bardock42
Your joking right?

No, it amused me greatly. Why is it offensive to you?

Alfheim
No, it amused me greatly. Why is it offensive to you?

Again, are you joking? Uh like stupid question. Are you a sadist?

Bardock42

No, I doubt Steve Irwin did mind.

Alfheim
No, I doubt Steve Irwin did mind.

Well obvoulsy im going to ask you if your mother was killed an accident and somebody made fun of it would you find it funny?

Bardock42
Well obvoulsy im going to ask you if your mother was killed an accident and somebody made fun of it would you find it funny?

Hmm, no. Is Steve Irwin your father?

Alfheim
Hmm, no.

Exactly.

Is Steve Irwin your father?

Not the point. What do you think it better, to try and put yourself into other people shoes or laugh at other peoples misery? Yeah thats what I thought.

Bardock42
Exactly.

Not the point. What do you think it better, to try and put yourself into other people shoes or laugh at other peoples misery? Yeah thats what I thought.
Laugh at other people's misery...if it's funny.

But dude, let me ask a question...would you like it if your father was called a killer that looks for sex over the mexican boarder?

Rogue Jedi
W-what's the big deal?
exactly. when you are a celebrity, whether an athlete, author or an actor, you have to be prepared to be bashed.

Alfheim

But dude, let me ask a question...would you like it if your father was called a killer that looks for sex over the mexican boarder?

Ok why dont you just answer the question, I asked you before which you didnt answer. wink

Alfheim
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
exactly. when you are a celebrity, whether an athlete, author or an actor, you have to be prepared to be bashed.

Thats bull****; that doesnt make it right. Thats like saying its ok for a person to be mugged if he goes out at night because thats what happens at night.

I actually thought it was quite funny.

Rogue Jedi
his mom and dad were killed in a freak gasoline accident.

botankus

Exactly how long have you "known" Bardock?

Alfheim
Originally posted by botankus
Exactly how long have you "known" Bardock?

Yeah I know hes a sadist but I thought id ask the question anyway.

Bardock42
Ok why dont you just answer the question, I asked you before which you didnt answer. wink

W-which one?

Rogue Jedi
there you go with that stutter, B.

Alfheim
W-which one?

What do you think it better, to try and put yourself into other people shoes or laugh at other peoples misery?

Bardock42
Oh, you mean the one where I replied

to?

Rogue Jedi
i must admit that going over the border looking for sex has never had an appeal to me.

Alfheim
Ok so the world would be a better place if people were less considerate.

Would I find it funny if my father was called a killer for trying to find sex other the mexican border?

Rogue Jedi
i have called my pops worse things.

Kram3r
I got a question here. In what way are you offended by Steve Irwin being on South Park?

Alfheim
At any rate this is my point.

Hmm, no.

Exactly.

Bardock42
At any rate this is my point.

It's just a moot point. As to every joke there will be someone who won't like it.

Ok so the world would be a better place if people were less considerate.

Would I find it funny if my father was called a killer for trying to find sex other the mexican border?

Not necessarily, in part.

Also, please answer the question instead of repeating it.

Rogue Jedi
It's just a moot point. As to every joke there will be someone who won't like it.

good point....germans suck. wait, i'm german. confused

Alfheim
It's just a moot point.

Its a very important point. You should not be considerate of other peoples feelings.

As to every joke there will be someone who won't like it.

Crap point. Some people may find date rape funny. So just because some people find it funny its ok. Whats that...I didnt think so.

Not necessarily, in part.

Also, please answer the question instead of repeating it.

Well I wouldnt find it funny.

You thought that South Park making fun of Stve Irwin was funny. I asked you would you find it funny if somebody made fun of your mothers death. Case closed really.

Rogue Jedi
Its a very important point. You should not be considerate of other peoples feelings.

i am pretty sure B has little if any consideration for others feelings. stick out tongue

Alfheim
i am pretty sure B has little if any consideration for others feelings. stick out tongue

True.

Rogue Jedi
not exactly a secret.

Bardock42

You mean you should be, right?

Crap point. Some people may find date rape funny. So just because some people find it funny its ok. Whats that...I didnt think so.

And talking about it is. Freedom of Speech.

Well I wouldnt find it funny.

You thought that South Park making fun of Stve Irwin was funny. I asked you would you find it funny if somebody made fun of your mothers death. Case closed really.

Not at all. Though I would myself not find it funny, I would not force others to not talk about it. It is their right. As it is my right not to listen to it.

As for the consideration thing....and I damn well don't need to. If you want to care, be my guest, but don't force others....you have no right to take their free expression away.

Rogue Jedi
somebody needs a nap.

Alfheim
You mean you should be, right?

Well your the one who said you wouldnt find somebody making fun of your mothers death funny

And talking about it is. Freedom of Speech.

So what?

Not at all. Though I would myself not find it funny, I would not force others to not talk about it. It is their right. As it is my right not to listen to it.

So you should have the right to make other people feel horrible?

As for the consideration thing....and I damn well don't need to. If you want to care, be my guest, but don't force others....you have no right to take their free expression away.

Well ok then I dont have to be considerate of your feeling. I could make fun of you on TV, publish stories of you in the newspapers and generally make your life hell, because its my right to make you feel like ****

Bardock42
Well your the one who said you wouldnt find somebody making fun of your mothers death funny

So what?

So you should have the right to make other people feel horrible?

Well ok then I dont have to be considerate of your feeling. I could make fun of you on TV, publish stories of you in the newspapers and generally make your life hell, because its my right to make you feel like ****

Well, if you don't slander me you have every right.

I would even argue for your right to do it while slandering me. But, the law doesn't agree.

Rogue Jedi
B doesnt get off on making others feel horrible. he just doesnt pull any punches.

Alfheim
Well, if you don't slander me you have every right.

I would even argue for your right to do it while slandering me.
But, the law doesn't agree.

That depends on how bad it is. Lets say for example its not just you it members of your family. How about I slander when you leave your house.

Maybe some people have more tolerance but what if slander is affecting people making them suffer depression and making people suicidal. If its harming people it shouldnt be allowed.

B doesnt get off on making others feel horrible. he just doesnt pull any punches.

Maybe.

Bardock42
B doesnt get off on making others feel horrible. he just doesnt pull any punches. Does that even make sense?

That depends on how bad it is. Lets say for example its not just you it members of your family. How about I slander when you leave your house.

Maybe some people have more tolerance but what if slander is affecting people making them suffer depression and making people suicidal. If its harming people it shouldnt be allowed.

Maybe.

Maybe, but even goiong by that, showing Steve Irwin stung by a stingray attending Satan's Sweet Sixteen just doesn't fit into that. They don't have to watch South Park.

Rogue Jedi
Does that even make sense?

if you have the attention span of a pimple, no.

botankus
Maybe, but even goiong by that, showing Steve Irwin stung by a stingray attending Satan's Sweet Sixteen just doesn't fit into that..

Man, Bardock almost wrote "gooing," which would have cause a context nightmare!

Bardock42

You are a fan of GGG, too?

Alfheim

Maybe,

Maybe, maybe what? Maybe you should have the right to make people depressed or suicidal? What are you maybing to I said alot.

but even goiong by that, showing Steve Irwin stung by a stingray attending Satan's Sweet Sixteen just doesn't fit into that. They don't have to watch South Park.

They shouldnt have done it in the first place.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Maybe, maybe what? Maybe you should have the right to make people depressed or suicidal? What are you maybing to I said alot.

They shouldnt have done it in the first place.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The only part the maybe could possibly apply to.

Why?

botankus
I average about 1 eyeroll response per day. I'm good until tomorrow.

Alfheim
The only part the maybe could possibly apply to.

Well there were two bits. One specifically about you, the other about people in general. You did not specify which one you were refering to.

Why?

Stupid question.

Bardock42
Well there were two bits. One specifically about you, the other about people in general. You did not specify which one you were refering to.

Stupid question.

Not really.

Well, give an answer regardless.

Alfheim
Not really.

Not...."really". So there could be considered to be two parts. Well I did anyway.

Well, give an answer regardless.

Well I think maybe they shouldnt have dont it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

At the end of the day we should not harm people. Harm is not always physical.

Bardock42
Not...."really". So there could be considered to be two parts. Well I did anyway.

Well I think maybe they shouldnt have dont it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

At the end of the day we should not harm people. Harm is not always physical.

And you know for a fact that a) the family of Steve Irwin got harmed and b) that South Park would not have been harmed by not having this incredibly funny joke?

Alfheim
And you know for a fact that a) the family of Steve Irwin got harmed and b) that South Park would not have been harmed by not having this incredibly funny joke?

No but thats not the point. If they did find out about it it would be very offensive.

If I steal from you and you dont find out, it doesnt make it ok.

Hell if I got the right to uspet people why shouldnt I have the right to slap you in your face?

Bardock42
No but thats not the point. If they did find out about it it would be very offensive.

If I steal from you and you dont find out, it doesnt make it ok.

Hell if I got the right to uspet people why shouldnt I have the right to slap you in your face?

That is what you say. Maybe they appreciate that he is remembered even if it is in a joke, that is not even that offensive. It was a great sketch.

But your reasoning is idiotic. For all I know you might find it offensive if I tell my friend something about the bible. Am I not allowed to say it because you might be offended?

You can try, I might hit back though, then your friends come and beat me and then my come and we have a war. But well, we decided we don't want wars and we also don't want to be physically harmed so we drew a line their and you are not allowed to physically harm me by law.

Alfheim
That is what you say. Maybe they appreciate that he is remembered even if it is in a joke, that is not even that offensive. It was a great sketch.

Oh see let me get this straight somebody as twisted as you wouldnt find it funny if somebody made fun of your mothers death but they would? Bull**** maybe?

But your reasoning is idiotic.

Oh see let me get this straight somebody as twisted as you wouldnt find it funny if somebody made fun of your mothers death but they would? Bull**** maybe?

For all I know you might find it offensive if I tell my friend something about the bible. Am I not allowed to say it because you might be offended?

Nothing wrong with debating if you think the Bibles crap, its your right to say so and debate.

You can try, I might hit back though, then your friends come and beat me and then my come and we have a war. But well, we decided we don't want wars and we also don't want to be physically harmed so we drew a line their and you are not allowed to physically harm me by law.

Why stop at physical harm? Im not saying that we should have the right to beat the shit out of each other. Im just saying every once in the while I get to slap you in your face, its not like you're going to die. If anything it will have the same affect as get you verbally upset you will get red in the face and get pissed off. If it has the same affect as getting you upset why not allow it?

Bardock42

Nothing wrong with debating if you think the Bibles crap, its your right to say so and debate.

Why stop at physical harm? Im not saying that we should have the right to beat the shit out of each other. Im just saying every once in the while I get to slap you in your face, its not like you're going to die. If anything it will have the same affect as get you verbally upset you will get red in the face and get pissed off. If it has the same affect as getting you upset why not allow it?

Because we agreed that we would not allow it. If you want to petition to allow it, that's absolutely fine with me. Doubt you will get much support.

Alfheim
Maybe you didnt respond to this post because you agreed what you said is crap

Because we agreed that we would not allow it. If you want to petition to allow it, that's absolutely fine with me. Doubt you will get much support.

Yeah so what? Im asking you im not asking you what everbody else thinks.

Slapped face = pissed off Bardock with a red face

Taking the piss out of your mothers death on TV = pissed off Bardock with red face

If they both have the same result why shouldnt I have the right to slap you in your face?

Bardock42
Maybe you didnt respond to this post because you agreed what you said is crap

Yeah so what? Im asking you im not asking you what everbody else thinks.

Slapped face = pissed off Bardock with a red face

Taking the piss out of your mothers death on TV = pissed off Bardock with red face

If they both have the same result why shouldnt I have the right to slap you in your face?
I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say. I might quite possibly be sad if my mother died, I might do jokes about it, I don't know, seeing as my mother never died before. What is your point?

For one they don't have the same effect. The one actually creates pain. Also, with the slapping you can not just ignore it or switch the channel.

Do you think it was South Parks intention to hurt the family of Steve Irwin? And more importantly, do you even think that South Park joke did really hurt the family of Steve Irwin?

chithappens

Come the **** on.

Bardock42
Come the **** on.

What? It was hilarious.

chithappens
Let's say you had a sister in high school and she sucked some guy off and he told everyone who would listen about it.

Is it fair if years later she still has that stigma as a (insert whorish name here)?

Alfheim
I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say.
I thought you were smart?

I might quite possibly be sad if my mother died, I might do jokes about it, I don't know, seeing as my mother never died before. What is your point?

Look dont **** about. You already said if somebody made fun of your mothers death you wouldnt find it funny. Lets leave it at that.

For one they don't have the same effect.

They are both similar but not the same. An apple and an orange different but they are still fruits.

The one actually creates pain.

So emotional pain is not important. You do know that emoitions can affcet your health?

Also, with the slapping you can not just ignore it or switch the channel.

Yeah so what? I slap you get a red face and you walk off.

Do you think it was South Parks intention to hurt the family of Steve Irwin?

Stupid question.

And more importantly, do you even think that South Park joke did really hurt the family of Steve Irwin?

Stupid question.

botankus
The only thing that offends me are people who get offended.

Bardock42
Let's say you had a sister in high school and she sucked some guy off and he told everyone who would listen about it.

Is it fair if years later she still has that stigma as a (insert whorish name here)?

What is this fair you guys talking about? What has it to do with anything?

I don't know whether it's fair, but Id on't see why the guy can't tell that she sucked him off...

And what does it matter whether it is my sister or not.

I thought you were smart?

Look dont **** about. You already said if somebody made fun of your mothers death you wouldnt find it funny. Lets leave it at that.

They are both similar but not the same. An apple and an orange different but they are still fruits.

So emotional pain is not important. You do know that emoitions can affcet your health?

Stupid question.

Stupid question. **** you. If you don't answer my questions why should I talk to you.

botankus
And what does it matter whether it is my sister or not.

Because he's trying to give you a situation that might hit close to home, but it's obviously not working.

Kind of like if I said the dude in your avi reminds me of Al Bundy.

Alfheim

**** you. If you don't answer my questions why should I talk to you.

Hey man im just behaving like you. wink

I might respond to it later but im eating right now.

Bardock42
Hey man im just behaving like you. wink

I might respond to it later but im eating right now.

Not really. I answered every single of your idiotic questions to the best of my knowledge. You are behaving like a stupid five year old. If you are in for a fair debate you might try it again, but stop telling me that my questions are stupid...even if they are, just answer them or piss off.

That is, if you waqnt to debate with me. If you just want to do what you do now, go ahead, I won't participate though.

chithappens
Because he's trying to give you a situation that might hit close to home, but it's obviously not working.

He is immune to emotion. I guess I'll excuse him from now on.

Bardock42

Kind of like if I said the dude in your avi reminds me of Al Bundy.

Oh okay.

I don't see why it matters whether it is my sister or not, it won't change my general view on the matter...

Alfheim
Not really. I answered every single of your idiotic questions to the best of my knowledge. You are behaving like a stupid five year old. If you are in for a fair debate you might try it again, but stop telling me that my questions are stupid...even if they are, just answer them or piss off.

Hey man **** you. Im just giving you a taste of your own medicine. Your the one who said that if somebody made fun of your mothers death you wouldnt find it funny, but the family of Steve Irwin would? Stupid.

Furthermore when you think something is stupid you say it. I shouldnt...whats that....yeah thats what I thought. What happened to freedom of speech?

That is, if you waqnt to debate with me. If you just want to do what you do now, go ahead, I won't participate though.

Ok im in for a proper debate and i'll debate later.

Bardock42
Hey man **** you. Im just giving you a taste of your own medicine. Your the one who said that if somebody made fun of your mothers death you wouldnt find it funny, but the family of Steve Irwin would? Stupid.

Furthermore when you think something is stupid you say it. I shouldnt...whats that....yeah thats what I thought. What happened to freedom of speech?

Taste of my own medicine? Do you even realize that you are just behaving stupidly?

I did say that I would probably not find it funny if someone made fun of my mother on TV. Where did I say that I would want it banned?

Oh I see, so you can't read. That's good. But as I said, you have every right to call them stupid, just, if you want me to debate with you, you answer my questions whether you think they are stupid or not. Just as I do with yours. You can just call them stupid, I won't stop you from doing it, but I won't debate you if you are just going to do it. See how it works? My freedom and yours...and everyone is happy.

botankus

You're never going to get a proper debate because one of the participants has textbook morals while the other has zero morals.

Bardock42
You're never going to get a proper debate because one of the participants has textbook morals while the other has zero morals.

Oh come one...Alfheim has some, they are just screwed.

botankus
Oh come one...Alfheim has some, they are just screwed.
Not sure if you are joking or not, but I meant the other way around.

Bardock42
Not sure if you are joking or not, but I meant the other way around.

Yes. Quite. Indeed.

Alfheim
Taste of my own medicine? Do you even realize that you are just behaving stupidly?

Yeah like you do sometimes.

I did say that I would probably not find it funny if someone made fun of my mother on TV. Where did I say that I would want it banned?

I-I know you didnt, but I guess your probably going to say I didnt get that point. This was my point you said categorically stated that you wouldnt find it funny, therefore to think that Steven Irwins family would find it was stupid. The point was about being upset not banning. Simple.

Oh I see, so you can't read.

Er just sounds like your getting pissed to me. Considering that I know you didnt say anything about banning your putting words into my mouth.

That's good. But as I said, you have every right to call them stupid, just, if you want me to debate with you, you answer my questions whether you think they are stupid or not. Just as I do with yours. You can just call them stupid, I won't stop you from doing it, but I won't debate you if you are just going to do it. See how it works? My freedom and yours...and everyone is happy.

B-But thats not what you said actually.

but stop telling me that my questions are stupid...even if they are, just answer them or piss off.

If you understand what you said. Stop saying your questions are stupid. Either:

A) Answer them

OR

B) Piss off

I know thats what your saying now, but thats not what you said before. Just thought id point it out.

Bardock42
Yeah like you do sometimes.

I-I know you didnt, but I guess your probably going to say I didnt get that point. This was my point you said categorically stated that you wouldnt find it funny, therefore to think that Steven Irwins family would find it was stupid. The point was about being upset not banning. Simple.

Er just sounds like your getting pissed to me. Considering that I know you didnt say anything about banning your putting words into my mouth.

B-But thats not what you said actually.

If you understand what you said. Stop saying your questions are stupid. Either:

A) Answer them

OR

B) Piss off

I know thats what your saying now, but thats not what you said before. Just thought id point it out.

We should maybe first make it clear that you are a liar. Now, to prove that you are a liar, here what I actually said:

See how it was referring to debating with me. See how I said that you could continue, but that I won't under such conditions? See how you can't read?

Alfheim
We should maybe first make it clear that you are a liar. Now, to prove that you are a liar, here what I actually said:

See how it was referring to debating with me. See how I said that you could continue, but that I won't under such conditions?

My bad missed the last bit.

See how you can't read?

Neither can you actually.

Where did I say that you wanted anything banned?

Bardock42
My bad missed the last bit.

Neither can you actually.

Where did I say that you wanted anything banned?

I did not say you said I was talking about banning it. I said you use my agreement that I might not find it funny as an agreement to the whole issue which is whether it should be allowed or not.

See?

-----------------

You state it should not be allowed because the family might find it offensive

I say I disagree it should be allowed.

You say, would you find it funny if your mother died and it happened.

I say no.

You say case closed

--------------------

And here is the thing. The case is not closed at all. And why is it not closed? Because I never said it should not be allowed.

Do you see now? It is really a pretty easy line of thought.

Alfheim
I did not say you said I was talking about banning it. I said you use my agreement that I might not find it funny as an agreement to the whole issue which is whether it should be allowed or not.

See?

-----------------

You state it should not be allowed because the family might find it offensive

I say I disagree it should be allowed.

You say, would you find it funny if your mother died and it happened.

I say no.

You say case closed

--------------------

And here is the thing. The case is not closed at all. And why is it not closed? Because I never said it should not be allowed.

Do you see now? It is really a pretty easy line of thought.

I hate to admit but your right. Anyway I was just trying to piss you off, anyway back to proper debating.

Bardock42
I hate to admit but your right. Anyway I was just trying to piss you off, anyway back to proper debating.

Fair dos. What would you like to debate about now?

Alfheim
Well just carry on where we left off.

As for your other question about wether it was their attention to upset tha family. Well its like this...they dont give a shit. Thats like asking if somebody spat in your face were they trrying to piss you off.

Bardock42
Well just carry on where we left off.

As for your other question about wether it was their attention to upset tha family. Well its like this...they dont give a shit. Thats like asking if somebody spat in your face were they trrying to piss you off.

Actually I believe they were trying to make a point. The point being that it is alright to make fun of someone. That is the freedom we get. And if people don't find it funny or are offended they can switch the channel.

Alfheim
Bro...you see this is why I started acting like an ***hole. The other questions????

Actually I believe they were trying to make a point. The point being that it is alright to make fun of someone. That is the freedom we get. And if people don't find it funny or are offended they can switch the channel.

Ok did you ask them that?

Bardock42
Bro...you see this is why I started acting like an ***hole. The other questions????

Ok did you ask them that? No, but it seems to be their general approach to the matter. Seeing the Cartoon Wars Episode and others.

"Look don't **** about. You already said if somebody made fun of your mothers death you wouldn't find it funny. Lets leave it at that. "

I clarified, I suppose we can leave it at that indeed.

"They are both similar but not the same. An apple and an orange different but they are still fruits."

Okay, but they are still different.

"So emotional pain is not important. You do know that emotions can affect your health?"

No, it is important, it's just that they are not exposed to it. They can ignore it. No one forces them to ever watch the Episode.

"Yeah so what? I slap you get a red face and you walk off."

Where is my possibility not to be slapped in the face.

Alfheim
No, but it seems to be their general approach to the matter. Seeing the Cartoon Wars Episode and others.

Fair enough.

I clarified, I suppose we can leave it at that indeed.

Yeah and you were trying to wiggle out of it. Nevermind

Okay, but they are still different.

Yeah but this the thing eventhough they are different they will still be classified in the same group. Its like this if I say the journey of a 1000 miles starts with the first step and im doing it to encourage you to building a house and you say....thats stupid im building a house not walking....well you get my point...walking and building a hiuse are different but they are similar enough to be grouped together. Even identical twins have some differences.

No, it is important, it's just that they are not exposed to it. They can ignore it. No one forces them to ever watch the Episode.

"Yeah so what? I slap you get a red face and you walk off."

Where is my possibility not to be slapped in the face.

Well ok but sometimes stuff can be hard to ignore for example if you put stuff in the papers and its all other the news, if your living in modern society in fcat you would not be able to ignore certain things.

Bardock42
Fair enough.

Yeah and you were trying to wiggle out of it. Nevermind

Yeah but this the thing eventhough they are different they will still be classified in the same group. Its like this if I say the journey of a 1000 miles starts with the first step and im doing it to encourage you to building a house and you say....thats stupid im building a house not walking....well you get my point...walking and building a hiuse are different but they are similar enough to be grouped together. Even identical twins have some differences.

Well ok but sometimes stuff can be hard to ignore for example if you put stuff in the papers and its all other the news, if your living in modern society in fcat you would not be able to ignore certain things.
Yes, as I said I do not agree that they are similar enough to group them together for reasons I stated before.

And where do you draw the line. What falls under freedom of speech/press...what doesn't?

Alfheim
Yes, as I said I do not agree that they are similar enough to group them together for reasons I stated before.

Yes but I also stated that sometimes things in the press can be hard to ignore if you are living in modern society.

And where do you draw the line. What falls under freedom of speech/press...what doesn't?

Well what if I stand outside your house and make fun of you?

Bardock42
Yes but I also stated that sometimes things in the press can be hard to ignore if you are living in modern society.

Well what if I stand outside your house and make fun of you?

Maybe, but it is their right to say what they want. And I wouldn't say it is impossible to ignore it.

Well, that depends on how you act. I would say if you are staying of my property and keep your distance...then go ahead.

Now answer my question for a change:

What are people allowed to be offended by what not?

Alfheim
Maybe, but it is their right to say what they want. And I wouldn't say it is impossible to ignore it.

True but it can be very hard. for example I think the stuff they do with the Royal family is wrong. The only way to avoid that **** is to live in the jungle and they would still be followed. It could be argued that if some stuff in the press makes you shut yourself from socitey it is affecting your freedom.

Well, that depends on how you act. I would say if you are staying of my property and keep your distance...then go ahead.

Yeah but ok not if it causes emotiona distress. Could something like that could be hard to ignore.

Now answer my question for a change:

What are people allowed to be offended by what not?

Ok this is what I think. I think in the grand scheme of things. South Park should have the right to amke fun of Steve Irwins death. You know why, because if you ban things like that you will get relgious nuts trying to say "Hey you insulted my religon." In an ideal world it should not be allowed.

I think it should not be allowed if your intentionally trying to make somebody life miserable and it is casuing the person alot of distress. I guess a perfect world would be boring. hope that answers your question im getting a little tired now.

Bardock42
True but it can be very hard. for example I think the stuff they do with the Royal family is wrong. The only way to avoid that **** is to live in the jungle and they would still be followed. It could be argued that if some stuff in the press makes you shut yourself from socitey it is affecting your freedom.

Yeah but ok not if it causes emotiona distress. Could something like that could be hard to ignore.

Ok this is what I think. I think in the grand scheme of things. South Park should have the right to amke fun of Steve Irwins death. You know why, because if you ban things like that you will get relgious nuts trying to say "Hey you insulted my religon." In an ideal world it should not be allowed.

I think it should not be allowed if your intentionally trying to make somebody life miserable and it is casuing the person alot of distress. I guess a perfect world would be boring. hope that answers your question im getting a little tired now.

Okay, well I disagree in the idealized world thing, but apparently we agre on the specifics in the world we live in.

Alfheim
Okay, well I disagree in the idealized world thing, but apparently we agre on the specifics in the world we live in.

I guess its ok if you can ignore it but what do you think if its all over the media. I have feeling you dont want to have this conversation.

but apparently we agre on the specifics in the world we live in.

Basically.

Bardock42
I guess its ok if you can ignore it but what do you think if its all over the media. I have feeling you dont want to have this conversation.

Basically.

Well, it depends, if it is facts then it shouldn't matter, if it is more of a slander, that should possibly be outlawed.

Yeah, it is deeply tedious to me.

Alfheim

Yeah, it is deeply tedious to me.

forget it then.

J-Beowulf
Honestly, I see nothing racist about the article, at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.