Mutant Rancor vs Mace Windu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Just bored, curious to, but mostly bored.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Who is Mutant Rancor?

kamikz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWIXH8ufLeI

This badboy. ^

Janus X
Mace gets eaten and Rancor uses the lightsaber as a toothpick.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Janus X
Mace gets eaten and Rancor uses the lightsaber as a toothpick.

LORDSIDIOUS01
A Jedi Knight versus a dinosaur. Thats a new one. Master Windu slices and dices.

Riverollv
Mace easily.

Burnt Pancakes
Mace uses shatetrpoint and drives his lightsaber into the Rancor's one weakspot.

overlord
Mace dies a slow and painful death by digestion.

kamikz
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
Mace uses shatetrpoint and drives his lightsaber into the Rancor's one weakspot.

What weakspot? Do we know if it even has one?

Janus X
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
A Jedi Knight versus a dinosaur. Thats a new one. Master Windu slices and dices.

This ain't a regular dinosaur. Did you see that vid?

Riverollv

The video means nothing. The Mutant Rancor in the game was obviously designed invulnerable, so we actually don't know how powerful a Mutant Rancor really is.

Janus X
Originally posted by Riverollv
The video means nothing. The Mutant Rancor in the game was obviously designed invulnerable, so we actually don't know how powerful a Mutant Rancor really is.

If it was designed to be invulnerable, it was created to be invulnerable. Which means, since Rancor's first appearance is in Jedi Academy and was invulnerable, he is canonically invulnerable.

Riverollv
Yes, I guess you could say that, but I think that sucks. Making a Mutant Rancor invulnerable to everything is just stupid.

Janus X
Yes, I guess you could say that, but I think that sucks. Making a Mutant Rancor invulnerable to everything is just stupid.

Actually it's not all that invulnerable.

WOOKIEPEDIA:

The rancor was released as Jaden arrived. It chased Jaden around the facility, possibly the location of its creation, destroying all obstacles in its path, and eating any disciples that it encountered. Finally, Jaden managed to kill the beast by pinning it between a force field and a large crate on a conveyor belt.

Riverollv
I don't consider Wookiepedia a trustable source of information, but I guess it's enough to believe the Mutant Rancor is not invulnerable. Well then, Mace beating this monster depends on the setting of the fight.

kamikz

WOOKIEPEDIA:

The rancor was released as Jaden arrived. It chased Jaden around the facility, possibly the location of its creation, destroying all obstacles in its path, and eating any disciples that it encountered. Finally, Jaden managed to kill the beast by pinning it between a force field and a large crate on a conveyor belt.

Well, basically, it wouldn't matter even if you put the death stars armour/metal in the way, it would get crushed between that as well. But you're right, it's not invulnerable, but just damn strong and resistant.

And Riverollv, the thing Wikipedia states is true, it happens in Jedi Academy.

vader11
Mace easily.

kamikz
Do tell why! (Not entierly disagreeing with you, but wondering about your reasons)

Spidervlad

WOOKIEPEDIA:

I played the game and beat it. And yes, you kill the Mutant Rancor althought it was extremly difficult, and that Mutant Rancor can take down a big number of dark jedi. (Not talking about the video)

jollyjim311
He lifts it up with the force (seeing as how he could stop several hundred tons of rocks in an avalanche), and then drops it, and it collapses under the impact of the fall because it's so big.

LORDSIDIOUS01

I don't think that matters. Mace can outwit and outfox that dino and slice him up.

Janus X
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I don't think that matters. Mace can outwit and outfox that dino and slice him up.

So? Mutant Rancor is almost completely resistant to lightsaber no expression and had many Dark Jedi's for lunch.

Apollo Cloud
Malasia for the win.

overlord
lol LORDSIDIOUS01 actually thinks Mace can take him on? Shouldn't he be a sidious fanboy or something instead?

Council#13
Originally posted by kamikz
What weakspot? Do we know if it even has one?

Da groinz. raver

kamikz
Originally posted by jollyjim311
He lifts it up with the force (seeing as how he could stop several hundred tons of rocks in an avalanche), and then drops it, and it collapses under the impact of the fall because it's so big.

I doubt it's as easy to move something living like that, I mean, he has to concentrate and such to lift it, it could easily whack him to bits or spew out the acid on him before he manages to lift it, or lift it very high at least.

Also, it gotta be a pretty damn long height doesn't it?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Didn't Luke Skywalker kill one of these?

kamikz
No... confused

Advent
No, because they make no appearances outside of the Jedi Academy game itself.

He killed (termed loosely; he used the environment) a rancor, not a 'mutant' rancor, which is apparently stronger, among other features (spewing acid was one).

Janus X
Originally posted by Advent
No, because they make no appearances outside of the Jedi Academy game itself.

He killed (termed loosely; he used the environment) a rancor, not a 'mutant' rancor, which is apparently stronger, among other features (spewing acid was one).

Advent has posted in -my- thread? I am honored.

Praise Koon

kamikz
YOUR thread? I think I just go hi-jacked.

Janus X
YOUR thread? I think I just go hi-jacked.

Damn right. Plo-Koon gave me the power to Hi-Jack it.

kamikz
Plo Koon's a phony.

Janus X
Plo Koon's a phony.

Your going to Pell.

kamikz
Nu uh.

Janus X
Nu uh.

Silence! I am lvl 98 Plo-Koon Reverend!

kamikz
No fo'.

Janus X
No fo'.

homie , don' make me git out muh ma fvckin Mac-10
you know das right!

kamikz
You're wrong. "Cries"

......... Anyway, who wins, seriously?

Janus X
Mutant Rancor.

Spidervlad
Jaiden preety much throughout the game survives Boba Fett, then at the end he can kill both about 15 Jedi and Sith (If you choose the dark side that is) and then after that he can take on a body of Tavian that was invaded with Marka Ragnos's spirit. The spirit also used a Sith Sword. After all that, Jaiden also kills Kyle Katern. Yet he couldn't kill that dang Mutant Rancor except by using the whole shield thing.

kamikz
He doesn't kill Kyle, he actually is about to lose the duel, but takes Ragnos staff, and shoots the beam right in his face, then sends the roof down on him. But if you watch any part of the ending, you'll see that Kyle gets out of there and talks to Luke.

But the dark side ending is non-canon, so it doesn't matter.

jollyjim311
The rancor would die of dehydration before he could even attempt to fathom catching Mace. Mace just finds a shatterpoint and takes him down.

vader11
Ya, Mace takes this.

Janus X
The rancor would die of dehydration before he could even attempt to fathom catching Mace. Mace just finds a shatterpoint and takes him down.

C'mon dude...Mutant Rancors are almost completely resistant to lightsabers amd he eaten his way through many Dark Jedi's. Mace doesn't stand a chance.

jollyjim311
I take it you haven't read Shatterpoint or seen the Clone Wars cartoons.

Janus X
I take it you haven't read Shatterpoint or seen the Clone Wars cartoons.

I also take it that you didn't play Jedi Academy. And wheres the evidence that Shatterpoint works on a creature like Mutant Rancor?

Burnt Pancakes
The shatterpoint can show the weakspot of thsi type of diamond so that it can be destroyed by a mere tap. The diamond is also made out of the hardest material in the Star Wars Universe, or one of them.

So if the shatterpoint enabled Mace to destroy an item made out of the hardest material in the Galaxy, then the Rancor shouldn't prove to be a problem.

vader11
I also take it that you didn't play Jedi Academy. And wheres the evidence that Shatterpoint works on a creature like Mutant Rancor? Aren't you acklay fanboy said acklay can beat Rancor? laughing

Janus X
Originally posted by vader11
Aren't you acklay fanboy said acklay can beat Rancor? laughing

Aren't you that Rancor fanboy that thinks it can take on the mighty Acklay? It is Plo-Koon's finest insect breed!

@ Blax: Yes, but this is a Huge. Acid Spewing. Moving. Rancor.

vader11
But acklay got pwn by obi laughing
I bet you acklay fanboy would say that acklay can beat mutant rancor laughing out loud

vader11
@ Blax: Yes, but this is a Huge. Acid Spewing. Moving. Rancor. It still loses sad

Burnt Pancakes

@ Blax: Yes, but this is a Huge. Acid Spewing. Moving. Rancor.

Irrevlevent. Rancor moves slower then dirt. Now that it's been established that Mace CAN punch through it, especially with his Lightsaber, he just uses his insane speed to dodge it's attacks and drive his Lightsaber into wherever it's weakspot is.

Satauros
like those green tanks on it's back? wink

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
The shatterpoint can show the weakspot of thsi type of diamond so that it can be destroyed by a mere tap. The diamond is also made out of the hardest material in the Star Wars Universe, or one of them.

So if the shatterpoint enabled Mace to destroy an item made out of the hardest material in the Galaxy, then the Rancor shouldn't prove to be a problem.

Eh, not that I care too much for this debate, but you're comparing different principals. The Corusca Diamond is a man (or alien I guess) made diamond that was created by people far from being infallible, and subject to making mistakes in the construction of the diamond. The Rancor is natural born life, not created by man, or alien. I'm not saying that the Rancor Skin can't possibly possess a weakness, but I don't think your example applies, especially when considering that the hardness of the material has no relation on whether a shatterpoint could be found of exploited.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
Eh, not that I care too much for this debate, but you're comparing different principals. The Corusca Diamond is a man (or alien I guess) made diamond that was created by people far from being infallible, and subject to making mistakes in the construction of the diamond. The Rancor is natural born life, not created by man, or alien. I'm not saying that the Rancor Skin can't possibly possess a weakness, but I don't think your example applies, especially when considering that the hardness of the material has no relation on whether a shatterpoint could be found of exploited.

That's ridiculous. Shatterpoint is something that shows weaknesses in materials, creatures, people, situations, etc. To assume that a mutant rancor is the perfect creature with no weakspots just because it is living (like other things Mace has used Shatterpoint on, like Sidious and Jango) is... dumb.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, how about reading what I said again: 'I'm not saying that the Rancor Skin can't possibly possess a weakness, but I don't think your example applies.' I'm not saying that it can't possibly have a weakness, I just don't agree with his reasoning.

Something naturally made would be much more likely to not possess such weaknesses than artificially made products, that's obvious.

Disregarding the fact that your entire argument is a Strawman argument, these examples are invalid, given that the shatterpoints Mace spotted in your examples were to do with flaws in the way they were fighting, not natural weaknesses on their skin or in their bone structure, which is with what I was comparing the Diamond and the Mutant Rancor.

kamikz

You don't care for my thread? sad

jollyjim311
Yeah, how about reading what I said again: 'I'm not saying that the Rancor Skin can't possibly possess a weakness, but I don't think your example applies.' I'm not saying that it can't possibly have a weakness, I just don't agree with his reasoning.
Okay.

Obvious? Living things have vital organs and nerves and such. They are also subject to being slowed thanks to pain. Also, diamonds are natural, they are just shaped, unless that's not what you're talking about.

First of all, they weren't flaws in their fighting, it's Mace's gift, but, whatever. I think it's fair to say that Mace can run circles around the rancor and Mace is a better fighter. Then it's just finding a shatterpoint that will bring it down. I take it you haven't read the book.

Or: Originally posted by jollyjim311

Apollo Cloud
No, I was talking about how susceptible their skin is to being broken or cut through, though maybe that single assertion was pretty silly coming to think about it.

Poor wording on my part, my bad.

No, Mace doesn't simply see weaknesses that aren't there. There has to be a flaw or weakness for Mace to see, for Shatterpoint to take effect, which is what happened in both cases, and which is what enabled Mace to disarm Sidious and defend against and decapitate Jango.

vader11
That Rancor can be killed in the game. Then how come it doesn't have weaknesses? If it is a perfect creature which doesn't have any weakspots, it can't be killed then.

kamikz
It CAN be killed without a special weakpoint, if it's skin is penetrated by for example, heavy artillary or something else. Doesn't need a specific weak point which makes it break. Could have, doesn't need to have.

vader11
Then his skin would be its weakpoint. Anyways, games are always unrealistic.

kamikz
Yes, unfortunatley for Mace, it's skin is lightsaber resistant, so that is not it's weakpoint in this fight.

vader11
But alot of Jedi can kill the Rancor, so his skin can still be hurt.

kamikz
... Since when? There has only been one, and he tore through 10's of dark jedi's with ease, and Jaden was defenceless against it. A rancor can be killed by jedi, a mutant rancor has never been.

vader11
Have you played the game? You can spawn alot of jedi using codes like you see in that video. Hundreds of Jedi Knight can kill the mutant rancor.

kamikz
Lol, yeah, and 10 jedi could kill Mace Windu...

I can spawn, and when you're facing the Mutant Rancor canonically you cannot kill it. The spawned Rancor can be killed, but it takes a shitload of time, doesn't talk any less towards it's lightsaber resistant skin. (Note I didn't say lightsaber immune, lightsaber resistant)

vader11

I can spawn, and when you're facing the Mutant Rancor canonically you cannot kill it.That why games are unrelistic. 2 identical rancor, one can be killed, while other cannot. Still, where says it doesn't have a weakspot? If it has, Mace can sense it & kill it.
BTW, this game has so many things that are so unrealistic. (Kyle is stronger than Luke in the game...)

vader11
BTW, anyone know the fastest way to kill the mutant rancor(the spawned one)?laughing

kamikz
That why games are unrelistic. 2 identical rancor, one can be killed, while other cannot. Still, where says it doesn't have a weakspot? If it has, Mace can sense it & kill it.
BTW, this game has so many things that are so unrealistic. (Kyle is stronger than Luke in the game...)

I never said it didn't have a weapoint, I said that it could or could not have one, it should be up to you to prove it really.

And I'm not arguing gameplay, not at all, I'm arguing with the character "mutant rancor" not it's gameplay variant who could beat over 100 dark jedi in 3 minutes.

Hmm, well I killed it by using force speed a hell of a lot (like when it caught me), then I used the most powerful style, and stood very close to hit, and jumped over his grabs. Took about 10 straight minutes of hacking and slashing until it was dead.

vader11
So Mace may have a chance.
BTW, there's a way the spawned mutant rancor can be killed in 5 seconds laughing

vader11
edit.

kamikz
Yeah, I think Mace will win this eventually.

How? Is it by spawning those sand creatures to eat it? stick out tongue

vader11
Ya, that's a way, though not so realistic laughing

Violent K
But acklay got pwn by obi laughing
I bet you acklay fanboy would say that acklay can beat mutant rancor laughing out loud

And a Rancor got pwned by Luke. Thats worse. Acklay beating a MUTANT Rancor? Thats overkill. Mutant Rancor looks at the Acklay and Acklay drowns in its own piss.

Apollo Cloud
Vader11 uses the laughing smiley way too much.

vader11
Can't I? laughing

jollyjim311

I can spawn, and when you're facing the Mutant Rancor canonically you cannot kill it. The spawned Rancor can be killed, but it takes a shitload of time, doesn't talk any less towards it's lightsaber resistant skin. (Note I didn't say lightsaber immune, lightsaber resistant)

Mace would beat 10 average Jedi, seeing as how Sidious beat three very powerful Jedi in a few seconds while focusing mainly on Mace.

In Battlefront 2 there's no way to kill a normal rancor. Does that mean they're unbeatable? No, let's be realistic. Who here has actually read Shatterpoint? Who here has seen the Clone Wars cartoons?

Apollo Cloud
Who here has seen the movies?

kamikz
Mace would beat 10 average Jedi, seeing as how Sidious beat three very powerful Jedi in a few seconds while focusing mainly on Mace.

In Battlefront 2 there's no way to kill a normal rancor. Does that mean they're unbeatable? No, let's be realistic. Who here has actually read Shatterpoint? Who here has seen the Clone Wars cartoons?

That logic does not work unfortunatley. Let's say you got one person with half Obi-Wan's skill, and they face off. Obi wins.
Then you have two persons of Obi-Wan's skill, does that mean they stalemate? Hardly, seeing how they are two persons, who could easily find an opening somewhere, and because of their numbers, push him back alot more, even make him change his strategy.

Point is, that if there were 10 jedi facing of Sidious, he wouldn't kill them as quickly as 3 powerful ones, because he wouldn't really have the room to. They could easily surround him and subdue him, the entire fight is not the same at all.

And although Mace COULD probably defeat them through tactics, the entire fight is different. You cannot go "Sids defeat three with super ease, so he beats 10 with some difficult", because they way you put your offense has to be completley different. And the room Sids fought those 3 jedi in was actually to his advantage, they had no room to step beside eachother or swing out wildly. And after all, Sidious and Mace do not have the same styles, strategies nor personalities, so it doesn't apply anyway.
I'm not denying Mace can have a chance against 10 jedi, but I do not support your way of thinking, nor support that he WILL beat 10 jedi.

And I never said that the Mutant Rancor was freaking invinsible, I was countering what Vader said when he replied "I killed the rancor before". In the level, you cannot kill it without doing what you are supposed to do, Jaden is not capable. Never did I say it couldn't die, at least that is not what I meant at all. I even said I thought Mace would win this after a tough fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.