Ideas about World Changes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
I was wondering if the way the world is structured would make a difference on different levels. There would be pros and cons of course and I thought it would make for a good discussion.

By dissolving country boundary lines the people would no longer feel the "Us and Them." syndrome. I understand that people are proud of their heritage and history, but combining everyone to live, marry, mingle and eventually appreciate everyone could be a great thing.

Also economical jobs could be more distributed fairly if changes in tariff laws and free enterprise laws were set up.

Religion is also another area. This would be a harder thing to accomplish, and views on this would be appreciated also. Maybe doing away with the name "church, synagogue, temple" and establishing a newer name of something like "Peace Assemblies" that would have to encompass all beliefs.

I know there are many other factors that could be added but I just thought these ideas would make for an interesting discussion.

Fishy
Originally posted by debbiejo
I was wondering if the way the world is structured would make a difference on different levels. There would be pros and cons of course and I thought it would make for a good discussion.

By dissolving country boundary lines the people would no longer feel the "Us and Them." syndrome. I understand that people are proud of their heritage and history, but combining everyone to live, marry, mingle and eventually appreciate everyone could be a great thing.

Also economical jobs could be more distributed fairly if changes in tariff laws and free enterprise laws were set up.

Religion is also another area. This would be a harder thing to accomplish, and views on this would be appreciated also. Maybe doing away with the name "church, synagogue, temple" and establishing a newer name of something like "Peace Assemblies" that would have to encompass all beliefs.

I know there are many other factors that could be added but I just thought these ideas would make for an interesting discussion.

Impossible, if only because of rich and poor then you have the obvious culture differences.

The European Union or the UN can't even agree on anything real important, let alone stand the entire freaking world. Never going to happen.

grey fox
Eu is a joke and a farce. I'm hoping it collapses in on itself soon enough , all it's caused is rampant stupidity and major annoyance.

Religion will never intermingle , their is only two ways to deal with it. Create one unified religion which indefinitely proves that those who join it will truly be placed in salvation. Or destroy them , completely annihilate any and all religion.

You'd notice a good chunk of wars cease to happen.

botankus

Why don't you guys merge with Wisconsin and see what happens. I don't think they'd be too thrilled about getting all your crime while you were swiping all their cheese.

debbiejo
Ok, ok I'll make it more simple. How could we dissolve the Counties borders?

Fishy
We couldn't.

debbiejo
Why not?

If I can think it, then why can't it happen.

Mindship

The organization of our world is a reflection of the organization of our common mindset, the human mindset. Civilization really doesn't evolve until that mindset changes first.

A global mindset comfortable in a world without boundaries (eg, geographical, religious, economic), is probably several centuries away, and it will be largely influenced not only by what we discover about the universe but also what we learn about ourselves.

debbiejo
Guess I'm ahead of my time... whistle

Mindship
That would explain many things... wink yes

debbiejo
Well I think you'd be just fine in this new world. The others can stay on the old planet... yes

Maybe section off a Continent for them to argue over.....

ragesRemorse
we will awalys need class systems for successfull societies.

debbiejo
Why?

ragesRemorse
Why?

because we are human.

debbiejo
That's not a really good answer though. no

Can you think of a better one??

~Forever*Alone~
i dont think any one person could change the world, and i dont think any ideas on this forum would be viable.

as long as there is individualism, the world shall never change.

debbiejo
but this is supposed to be a discussion on how to get it to happen not if it would work...

Alliance
Guess I'm ahead of my time... whistle

Actuall, all your doing is destroying any capacity to regulate.

debbiejo
We're never going to get anywhere with this kind of attitude ya know. roll eyes (sarcastic)

~Forever*Alone~
okay, to change the world we must get rid of the individual.

debbiejo
Why?

ragesRemorse
That's not a really good answer though. no

Can you think of a better one??

Through every civilization in history there have been structured calss systems, not only for economics, but for individual growth. Todays world has been influenced by yesterdays world, yesterdays world was a world of classes. The hippie dream of free love and holding hands in a classless society is dead for a reason. Communism is the closest the world has to a classless system, and that structure still rewards the rich, and denies the poor.

To answer your question more simply....money

botankus
Ok, ok I'll make it more simple. How could we dissolve the Counties borders?

The County Sheriff's Department would have a problem with that.

GCG
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
i dont think any one person could change the world, and i dont think any ideas on this forum would be viable.

as long as there is individualism, the world shall never change.

Al Gore would like to disagree with you

debbiejo
People wouldn't have to give up being individuals. They could still be proud of their heritage, but as history has shown us over and over again, it's become a problem in relations, world relations. Why not just merge. Become ONE people.

Mindship
but this is supposed to be a discussion on how to get it to happen not if it would work...
How? Ultimately, get rid of Death Terror. The effects of that will trickle up into the conscious mind, wherein the human mindset will change.

Now, how to get rid of Death Terror...
1. Genetic engineering. Advantage: relatively quick compared to method #2. Disadvantage: ethically, even pragmatically, questionable.
2. Meditation. According to every esoteric school of thought, higher consciousness brings unity. Advantage: natural way to put the individual, death and the cosmos in perspective. Disadvantage: you're probably looking at several hundred years, at least, for this to have a significant, worldwide effect.

inimalist
People wouldn't have to give up being individuals. They could still be proud of their heritage, but as history has shown us over and over again, it's become a problem in relations, world relations. Why not just merge. Become ONE people.

on simply an organizational, pragmatic or beuracratic level, this wouldn't work

It is a nice thought experiment, I personally prefer the idea that each little city or community get its own "nation" status (ie, democratic change and political power is is redistributed from the federal to municipal levels),

Like, in both cases, it sounds really nice. People together as one people, one nation united. Its just not how the world works. Even if we suppose that it was possible to implement, there is no real reason WHY it is important that people in Tibet are following the same law or reporting to the same ruling body that I am.

That and world governments terrify me.

debbiejo
weep

*kicks everybody off planet*

Mindship
weep

*kicks everybody off planet*

If we all get kicked off, then we'll never learn to change. hug

debbiejo
Ok.....

sadangel

at least I tried

lol

pcp
Forget about dissolving country boundaries, let's just dissolve countries. Get rid of Wales, it solves no positive purpose. Get rid of Canada 'cos there's too many trees, bouffant haircuts and bears that steal picnics i.e. Yogi Bear. Also get rid of Narnia - for the obvious reasons. In fact let's just get of everything, that would be great wouldn't it Debbiejo?

debbiejo
What's wrong with dissolving border lines? People could chose where to live and work and it would free up commerce more fairly, if done right. There would no longer be border controls because all wages would be on an equally base.

ADarksideJedi
That is a pretty interesting thought.You are right there will be still pros and cons but it may just work.The world maybe a better place for everyone if we do that.
Yea I know I sound like a hippy!jm

Fishy
What's wrong with dissolving border lines? People could chose where to live and work and it would free up commerce more fairly, if done right. There would no longer be border controls because all wages would be on an equally base.

And what would that wage be? The average wage for somebody in Europe is about 500 times higher then that for somebody in a third world country... They can't afford our wages, we wouldn't be able to live from something that comes close to theirs, so what would we do then?

Besides what is to stop all those people from moving to North America, western Europe and the richer parts of Asia? The roads, hospitals and schools are of high quality already in those area's.

Mr Parker
well for there to be any hope at all for the future of the country-at least in the united states,there needs to be a thrid party created.The democrats and republicans sleep in bed together and have the same agenda of whats only good for big businesses and corporations instead of whats good for the people.when your a president who cares about the people,you end up like kennedy so unless there is a third party created,theres just no hope for the future of the country.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.