Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Anyone keeping up with the latest in the Wolverine run?

Apparently, he isn't human. He isn't homo superior...

He's Lupus Superior. The way humans and apes share a common ancestor, Logan and Wolves share a common ancestor. As does Sabretooth, Wild Child, and all the other pseudo-Wolverine-Characters.

Interesting....

Not to mention the fact that Logan was, apparently, alive in ancient Rome.

Interesting...

CasanoVa
Crap.

erm

Swanky-Tuna
So now we have a time when Wolverine was:

An anthropomorphic wolverine
A man in a kitty suit with claws on his gloves

And now a mutant

Validus
Originally posted by Soljer

Interesting...
Not really.

llagrok
I call bullshit on that. What the hell was origin about? Are they completely ignoring that?

srankmissingnin
The point of the story wasn't that Wolverine is part of the lupus-sapien evolutionary strand, it was that mutants in general are... At least that is Black Panthers theory on the matter.

Homo sapiens = man
Lupus sapiens = mutants

The Rome thing isn't that much of a shocker. Wolverine has had at least four previous lives... one of which implied he was being reincarnated since Biblical times to combat Ba'al.

King_Mungi
were they even implying Sasquatch is a Lupus?

and Thornn and Feral were shown as depowered so why were they in the rag tag animal zoo group?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by King_Mungi

and Thornn and Feral were shown as depowered.

All mutants are Lupus superior and I imagine that there would be Lupus sapiens who have dormant or x gene or lack one all together... but I think the only reason Sasq was there is because he has Alpha Flight/Wildchild connections.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
All mutants are Lupus superior and I imagine that there would be Lupus sapiens who have dormant or x gene or lack one all together... but I think the only reason Sasq was there is because he has Alpha Flight/Wildchild connections.

I meant Thornn and Feral were shown earlier as depowered and were actual humans, but now their back to being furry

We shall see as in vol.1 it hinted that Sasquatch was WC father.

grey fox
This is bullshit , they tried it in earth x and it failed.

Must they **** up wolverines history even MORE !

Soljer
The point of the story wasn't that Wolverine is part of the lupus-sapien evolutionary strand, it was that mutants in general are... At least that is Black Panthers theory on the matter.

Homo sapiens = man
Lupus sapiens = mutants

The Rome thing isn't that much of a shocker. Wolverine has had at least four previous lives... one of which implied he was being reincarnated since Biblical times to combat Ba'al.

Meh, it seemed as if they were saying that the Lupines were simply the mutants with a wolf-like mutation. To think that ALL mutants were lupus sapien? erm.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
This is bullshit , they tried it in earth x and it failed.

Must they **** up wolverines history even MORE !

Well....yes.

That's what the character is for. A ****ed up history....

stick out tongue.

srankmissingnin
I meant Thornn and Feral were shown earlier as depowered and were actual humans, but now their back to being furry

We shall see as in vol.1 it hinted that Sasquatch was WC father.

Loeb doesn't care about continuity, it just gets in the way of his brilliant ideas. sad

grey fox
Loeb doesn't care about continuity, it just gets in the way of his brilliant ideas. sad

Loeb needs a friggin slap

Black Adam
Originally posted by Validus
Not really.
LOL Loeb.

guy222

He's Lupus Superior. The way humans and apes share a common ancestor, Logan and Wolves share a common ancestor. As does Sabretooth, Wild Child, and all the other pseudo-Wolverine-Characters.

Interesting....

Interesting...

Its a good series

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by guy222
Its a good series

Its a series... so you're half right. wink

King_Mungi
Well I'm glad he brought back Wild Child back and not bald, so props for that. Everything else...blargh!

jasofisc

hahahahah best observation about loeb I've seen yet

capt it up
hell I am kinda glad there doing this. The story was cool so far and a lot of actaion.

origins made no senses any ways and controdicted many many past idea's and such. Logan was always ment to be far older then a 100. Logans other origins go to gather in a sense, but origins does not fallow any of his other origins and was simply crap

Board Walker
Loeb is a good writer.....loeb is a good man!

CasanoVa
Good man? Maybe.

Good writer? Sometimes, consistent? No, some characters he writes are pretty good (like his Fallen Son: Wolverine was pretty good but Fallen Son: Avengers sucked).

Big Sexy
The series is ok
Great art except for the covers(funny its usually the other way around)
The whole race of lupines(not a bad idea but Wolverine in ancient Rome I can live without)

Grimm22

Wasn't Wolverine born in the 1800's confused

Maybe Loeb needs to do his history research, seeing as how Ancient Rome was nowhere near the time when Wolverine was supposedly born

Soljer
Originally posted by Grimm22

Maybe Loeb needs to do his history research, seeing as how Ancient Rome was nowhere near the time when Wolverine was supposedly born

He used to be. Now? Not so much. Seems that Wolverine was around in prehistoric times...

xmarksthespot
What the ****...

srankmissingnin
His current body is the body of James Howlett who was born in the late 1900s, but he has lived previous lives (four of which have been accounted for to date). So far we know he was reincarnation the original "Hand of God" who battled with Ba'al as well as the reincarnation of no less then three Japanese people in Feudal Japan... this Loeb arc just expands on all that I guess. Think Hawkman.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by capt it up
hell I am kinda glad there doing this. The story was cool so far and a lot of actaion.

origins made no senses any ways and controdicted many many past idea's and such. Logan was always ment to be far older then a 100. Logans other origins go to gather in a sense, but origins does not fallow any of his other origins and was simply crap roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please, this idea sucks, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Terrible, terrible idea.

xmarksthespot
Think utter crap.

Evil_Ash

Interesting....

Interesting...

What the f**k?

snikt snikt bub snikt bub bub bub snikt bub snikt snikt snikt bub bub snikt snikt bub bub snikt bub snikt bub snikt snikt snikt bub snikt bub snikt bub bub snikt snikt bub snikt snik bub bub snikt snikt bub bub bub snikt bub snikt snikt bub snikt bub snikt snikt bub bub snikt bub bub snikt bub snikt bub snikt snikt snikt!!!!!!!

WrathfulDwarf

1800 BC....313

Soljer
His current body is the body of James Howlett who was born in the late 1900s, but he has lived previous lives (four of which have been accounted for to date). So far we know he was reincarnation the original "Hand of God" who battled with Ba'al as well as the reincarnation of no less then three Japanese people in Feudal Japan... this Loeb arc just expands on all that I guess. Think Hawkman.

Not to mention all the lupine flashbacks which seem to indicate a time period of pre-history.

Symmetric Chaos

This is why we need to start killing muties. When they get magical past lives things have simply gone too far.

God clearly cannot be trusted to play God.

capt it up
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please, this idea sucks, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Terrible, terrible idea.
why? Why does it suck please educate me becuase you know so much about wolverine. You act like it some new thing. This is not some new idea.

I love people like you. You think somthing crap just becuase it wolverine even though your knowledge on wolverine is very limited.

capt it up
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This is why we need to start killing muties. When they get magical past lives things have simply gone too far.

God clearly cannot be trusted to play God.
Again it not a new thing. The whole rencarnation thing goes back to one of logans first runs mean back during the 80's early 90's.

capt it up

maybe you should brush up on your knowledge of wolverine........

Symmetric Chaos
Again it not a new thing. The whole rencarnation thing goes back to one of logans first runs mean back during the 80's early 90's.

I didn't say it was new. I just said once mutants appear that reincarnate we need to either get rid of the muties.

I mean reincarnation is basicly magic. Many mutants have quasi mystical abilities but past lives is magic. Thats just stupid IMO.

capt it up
I didn't say it was new. I just said once mutants appear that reincarnate we need to either get rid of the muties.

I mean reincarnation is basicly magic. Many mutants have quasi mystical abilities but past lives is magic. Thats just stupid IMO.
why? Why is it stupid. It just wolverine it not any one else. Hell ther enot even sure wolverine is a mutant. He is immortal that much is known and if it due to his mutant powers then who cares? We know he was the choosen fighter for god that much is known. We also know that in the past though he comes up as not human he has also come up as neither mutant. Iam not sure why people care that he has recarnations I see nothing wrong with it. Thats better then being unable to die like deadpool or mister immortal and makes for much more interesting stories.

masterbruce

I agree...but then what about the Scarlet Witch?

Symmetric Chaos
why? Why is it stupid. It just wolverine it not any one else. Hell ther enot even sure wolverine is a mutant. He is immortal that much is known and if it due to his mutant powers then who cares? We know he was the choosen fighter for god that much is known. We also know that in the past though he comes up as not human he has also come up as neither mutant. I nto sure why people care that he has recarnations I see nothign wrong with it. Thats better then being unable to die like deadpool or mister immortal and makes for much more interesting stories.

You think that being a chosen warrior of god who has an incredible healing factor and who is reincarnated if he ever actually dies is more reasonable than MrImmortal or Deadpool?

Originally posted by masterbruce
I agree...but then what about the Scarlet Witch?

Quasi-mystical power. They at least tried to give that a scientific explanation of probability manipulation.

capt it up
You think that being a chosen warrior of god who has an incredible healing factor and who is reincarnated if he ever actually dies is more reasonable than MrImmortal or Deadpool?

Quasi-mystical power. They at least tried to give that a scientific explanation of probability manipulation.
yes I do. Yes lets see mr. immortal is immortal becuase he evolved past dieing......

deadpool is immortal becuase thanos is jelous death loves him..........

those both some how make more sense then wolverine being choosen by god as a warrior to defeat the demon ba'al.............

im sorry but god making wolverine immortal by recarnating him makes more senses to me.

capt it up
immortality with in the soul makes more senses to me.

Brutacus
Depands iff you don't believe in god, than you might thing that evolving past death make's more sense.

capt it up
Originally posted by Brutacus
Depands iff you don't believe in god, than you might thing that evolving past death make's more sense.
true I for one believe in god so wolverine being gods warrior and such makes more sense to me

Brutacus
true I for one believe in god so wolverine being gods warrior and such makes more sense to me

Also it sounds a bit like he's marvels best or most important guy.
Iff you know what I mean.
"Choosen by god"

capt it up
Originally posted by Brutacus
Also it sounds a bit like he's marvels best or most important guy.
Iff you know what I mean.
"Choosen by god"
lol. He the hand of god. He supose to be a forces of destruction. His main purpose was to deal with Ba'al and other evils. He not the best nor the most important he just serve a certain purpose.

Darth Macabre
why? Why does it suck please educate me becuase you know so much about wolverine. You act like it some new thing. This is not some new idea.

I love people like you. You think somthing crap just becuase it wolverine even though your knowledge on wolverine is very limited. Oh, please, give me a break. People like you try to aggrandize Wolverine to the point where no one cares any more. This is a ridiculously stupid idea, that comes from the bottom of the barrel writer like Loeb. You want a good back story for Wolverine? He was born in 1885, to a prominent family named Howlett. His mother, Elizabeth, had a child out of wedlock 3 years before marriage. Wanting to be close to her first born son without the shame of having him to a man that wasn't her husband, she convinces Thomas to become the groundskeeper of the estate. Yada, yada, yada, Dog Logan grows up to become Sabretooth, James becomes Wolverine, and they fight all the time.

I never said any of it was new, all I said was that it was stupid. So, next time you try to condescend to me make sure you know what you're talking about, and being able to spell and type would help, as well.

capt it up

Darth Macabre

capt it up
roll eyes (sarcastic) Never once did I said that ANY OF IT WAS TRUE. I simply just made some crap up that was better than anything that Loeb made up. See? Learn how to comprehend what is said, rather than just reading the little letters, okay?
please do nto try and weasal your way out of it. You put down incorrect information that you got wrong. Again Leob is not the first person to say wolverine was a recarnation. What he doing is telling the past between sabertotoh and wolverine and why they hate eachother. The recarnation just further empathizes why they clash with one another.

What wrogn with the story? Honestly there nothign wrong with it you just dislike the fact that logan was rencarenated.

The story has not even come to conculsion how about you wait untill it does instead of calling it crap.

by the way origins was crap and they should have done it better and gone along with the character more.

You read wolverine could have fooled me.

Darth Macabre
please do nto try and weasal your way out of it. You put down incorrect information that you got wrong. Again Leob is not the first person to say wolverine was a recarnation. What he doing is telling the past between sabertotoh and wolverine and why they hate eachother. The recarnation just further empathizes why they clash with one another. Weasel my way out of what? I never said it was true, so theres nothing to weasel out of. Again, I never said any of it was new, I just think it's stupid. Man, get over it. Someone thinks Wolverine's back-story is stupid, not the end of the world.

No, I actually like the fact that he was reincarnated. I have a problem with him not being a human mutant, thats all. Reincarnated? Sure. Some stupid "Lupus Sapien"? No, I dislike that a lot.

So I can't like how something is going, and say where its headed? Okay, thanks, I'll remember that for next time.

I never really like Origins execution, but I liked the concept of it, that's all.

capt it up
Weasel my way out of what? I never said it was true, so theres nothing to weasel out of. Again, I never said any of it was new, I just think it's stupid. Man, get over it. Someone thinks Wolverine's back-story is stupid, not the end of the world.
you were implying it was true. If you think the abck story is stupid thats fine with me.

No, I actually like the fact that he was reincarnated. I have a problem with him not being a human mutant, thats all. Reincarnated? Sure. Some stupid "Lupus Sapien"? No, I dislike that a lot.
see here we can agree sorta. I like the recarnation. I am not sure about the who lupus thing. It been good so far the story, but having sas and ferral there was dumb. I hope it remains as well done as 50 and 51. This could be good, but it could also be bad. I dislike earth x and I hope this is not a repeat.

I never really like Origins execution, but I liked the concept of it, that's all.
I agree I liked the concept the execution I disliked. I thought they could have done thing differently and it would have been much better

Darth Macabre
you were implying it was true. No, sorry if you thought that, but that wasn't my intention.

That's what I fear: that its going to be an Earth X repeat.

What would you rather have them do to make it better?

capt it up
No, sorry if you thought that, but that wasn't my intention.
no porblem man sorry if I came off like an ass whole.

That's what I fear: that its going to be an Earth X repeat.
The first two issues did nto worry me, but the last issue did. I hope they do not copy earth x and keep the story as action back and interesting as the first two issues.

What would you rather have them do to make it better?
maybe made it a later time period. Tied in the whole recarnation thing. Made it more exciting. I just could neevr picture wolverine as some rich kid. I will have to think more on it. How about yoru self?

Darth Macabre
no porblem man sorry if I came off like an ass whole. Its alright, I never took offense to anything. And I am sorry, myself.

Yeah, agreed. 50 and 51 were good, but now...erm

See, I think having him be a rich kid during his childhood makes his story all the more tragic, and better as a result. To see that he could have had a pampered, luxurious lifestyle contrasts to his "ruggedness", and ferocity.

Soljer
I don't have time to read all this shit.

Look; Capt, be more respectful. Seriously. It's your opinion that it's good writing, it's their opinion that it's piss poor writing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no reason to get so upset just because it's your boy.

capt it up
Its alright, I never took offense to anything. And I am sorry, myself.

Yeah, agreed. 50 and 51 were good, but now...erm

See, I think having him be a rich kid during his childhood makes his story all the more tragic, and better as a result. To see that he could have had a pampered, luxurious lifestyle contrasts to his "ruggedness", and ferocity.
no biggy man it was my bad.

ya 52 was nto as good, but was good untill the very end. The ending sucked and kinda left it in a way that it seemed we were going to have another earth x. Hopefully the next issue will be good liek the first two.

that true that it does make it more tragic. That did make it better, but the whole dog thing and him just running into the woods was a sorta turn off. It like how logan was he in the woods for and what the hell happen to dog lol

grey fox
Heres the thing though , I can understand Wolverine having a screwed up , ridiculous , shitty past.

But now their just screwing with ALL mutants, and while I may despise the X-men with every fiber of my being....even THEY dont deserve this kinda shit.

Wolverine is too convoluted , they need to cut their losses and get this shit straight.

xmarksthespot
Wait so this Lupus bullshit applies to all mutants?

And capt, I'm not of the opinion it's utterly stupid because it's Wolverine. I'm just of the opinion it's utterly stupid written by oft-times shitty writer.

capt it up
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Wait so this Lupus bullshit applies to all mutants?

And capt, I'm not of the opinion it's utterly stupid because it's Wolverine. I'm just of the opinion it's utterly stupid written by oft-times shitty writer.
I know.

I like the first two issues the third was good untill the end. I just hoping not another earth x. They were doing a good job hopefully it will remain good. I just waiting to see what they will come up with.

srankmissingnin
Sorry Capt but Loebs run on Wolverine sucks. The story is bad and Wolverine's dialogue makes him come off as a parody of himself.

Honestly Wolverine hasn't had anything resembling a good run in going on five years now (maybe more). Sure some times we get great stand alone issues like Wolverine 41 and "fun" runs like EotS... but when was the last time Wolverine had a good, must read story arc? Law of the Jungle by Frank Tieri? Not Dead Yet by Ellis? Its been awhile regardless. Wolverine's books have been mismanaged for a long, long time now. You'd think he'd be due for a good run... even if it happens by accident. Someone needs to sight down and decide what the want to do with Wolverine; both of his solo titles need to be reworked and he is in desperate in need of retcon.

capt it up
Sorry Capt but Loebs run on Wolverine sucks. The story is bad and Wolverine's dialogue makes him come off as a parody of himself.

Honestly Wolverine hasn't had anything resembling a good run in going on five years now (maybe more). Sure some times we get great stand alone issues like Wolverine 41 and "fun" runs like EoS... but when was the last time Wolverine had a good, must read story arc? Law of the Jungle by Frank Tieri? Not Dead Yet by Ellis? Its been awhile regardless. Wolverine's books have been mismanaged for a long, long time now; you'd think he's due for a good... even one that happens by accident. Someone needs to sight down and decide what the want to do with Wolverine; both of his solo titles need to be reworked and he is in desperate in need of retcon.
I like it, but I will agree he has not had a great run in a long time. he had some good ones, but nothing like his ba'al runs like back in the early days. He really needs a great run. I actaully really liked issue 31 by miller,but thats just me ( I mean the nazi one)

llagrok

Co-sign

Alfheim
Taking the ****ing piss. Give it a rest with the ****ing retcon.

DarkCrawler
Anyone want to try and invent time machine, so we could go and abduct Claremont from 80's and force him to write Wolverine? Those Wolverine stories put every Logan thing that appears nowadays to shame.

Grimm22
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Anyone want to try and invent time machine, so we could go and abduct Claremont from 80's and force him to write Wolverine? Those Wolverine stories put every Logan thing that appears nowadays to shame.

Wolverine? Pft, Claremont wrote the best Prof.X ever!

He didn't take any sh*t from anybody cool

Grimm22

So now Wolverine is basically a cheap ripoff of Hawkman dots

Except without all the cool history and whatnot

DarkCrawler
Wolverine? Pft, Claremont wrote the best Prof.X ever!

He didn't take any sh*t from anybody cool

He also wrote (notice the past tense) the best Shadowcat, Rogue, Colossus, Storm, Magneto...and pretty much every X-character he got his hands on. Nowadays, he is pretty senile or something, because his recent stories suck ass.

Grimm22
He also wrote (notice the past tense) the best Shadowcat, Rogue, Colossus, Storm, Magneto...and pretty much every X-character he got his hands on. Nowadays, he is pretty senile or something, because his recent stories suck ass.

True Enough yes

capt it up
So now Wolverine is basically a cheap ripoff of Hawkman dots

Except without all the cool history and whatnot
when did hawlk man come out......also I not sure it wasa rippoff since well there not that similar lol

capt it up
im with you as long as we can steal a few other writters to. also if we can yell at mark miller and tell me to remain writting like he was back then

Juntai
when did hawlk man come out..... 1940

capt it up
Originally posted by Juntai
when did the recarnation thing start?

Juntai
when did the recarnation thing start? It was part of his character from the start I'm pretty sure.

Juntai
Hawkman first appeared in Flash Comics # 1 (1940), and was a featured character in that title throughout the 1940s. This Hawkman was Carter Hall, a reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian prince.

Skeets
Originally posted by Juntai
Hawkman first appeared in Flash Comics # 1 (1940), and was a featured character in that title throughout the 1940s. This Hawkman was Carter Hall, a reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian prince.
Do you think Nabu served him back then?

Juntai
Originally posted by Skeets
Do you think Nabu served him back then? When Jay Garrick went to the past early in the last series of JSA, he met Prince Khufu, Nabu, and the champion Teth Adam.

Prince Khufu being Hawkman.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Skeets
Do you think Nabu served him back then?

Yeah he did and so did Black Adam, scans from the respect thread.

---------------------------------------------
Past Lives
---------------------------------------------
JSA #21-22 : Prince Khufu Kha-Taar & Kendra Saunders
Flash goes over 3500 years back into the past to ancient Egypt where he runs into Hawkman's original life as the ruler of Egypt. Here Khufu explains where they first found the nth metal and his servants Nabu and Black Adam follow ever order he makes. Nabu eventually gives Jay the Claw of Horus to take back to the present as Hawkman will be returning from death to fight Synn. This also explains the life and the aftermath of Kendra which resulted in her becoming the new Hawkgirl.

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa21-16.jpg
2. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa21-17.jpg
3. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-01.jpg
4. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-02.jpg
5. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-03.jpg
6. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-04.jpg
7. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-05.jpg
8. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-06.jpg
9. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-07.jpg
10. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-08.jpg
11. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-09.jpg
12. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-10.jpg
13. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-11.jpg
14. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-12.jpg
15. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-13.jpg
16. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-14.jpg
17. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-15.jpg
18. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-16.jpg
19. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-17.jpg
20. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/jsa22-18.jpg

SpunkySmurph
It may have been mentioned, but I'll ask again.

Has it been revealed why Wolverine and Sabertooth are getting these lupine memories now? I understand the lupine-mutant thing, but why are the memories being triggered now, as opposed to five years ago, or ten years from now?

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
It may have been mentioned, but I'll ask again.

Has it been revealed why Wolverine and Sabertooth are getting these lupine memories now? I understand the lupine-mutant thing, but why are the memories being triggered now, as opposed to five years ago, or ten years from now?

It seems that Sabretooth has known all along, but Wolverine's been, more or less, amnesiatic his entire life. Up till HoM which restored all of Logan's memories.

long pig
What. The. ****.

So, my wolverine from the late 80's is pretty much as dead as Tupac, now? sad

capt it up
Originally posted by long pig
What. The. ****.

So, my wolverine from the late 80's is pretty much as dead as Tupac, now? sad
not at all since during the 80's.........is when the whole recarnation thing came out........

long pig
not at all since during the 80's.........is when the whole recarnation thing came out........
But, in the 80's he was just a really cool fallen samurai with a really bad temper and claws that cut through anything. Now, he's an immortal, nuke eating werewolf who just so happens to be BFF with God.

sad
Well, at least Cyber is back. Anything new been shown about him?

capt it up
But, in the 80's he was just a really cool fallen samurai with a really bad temper and claws that cut through anything. Now, he's an immortal, nuke eating werewolf who just so happens to be BFF with God.

sad
Well, at least Cyber is back. Anything new been shown about him?
it called evolution........why do people get so annoy when wolverine gets up graded......but not other characters.........

also the immortal thing been around since the 90's if not the 80's.

the hand of god thing came out in the 80's...........hell it was wolverine first comic run.........

capt it up
havent been to the comic shop yet so I am not sure if any things new with cyber

Darth Macabre
So, my wolverine from the late 80's is pretty much as dead as Tupac, now? sad Tupac's not dead. shifty

Martian_mind
Sigh,just when you think Wolverines origin can't get more convoluted...

grey fox
it called evolution........why do people get so annoy when wolverine gets up graded......but not other characters.........

also the immortal thing been around since the 90's if not the 80's.

the hand of god thing came out in the 80's...........hell it was wolverine first comic run.........

Evolution involves natural selection , Ie Weak dieing, strong surviving. Not the strong suddenly realising he's part of another f*cking species all together !

And to Sabes having these memories but not telling anyone....I call bullshit ! thumb down

llagrok
Capt thinks we hate this because Wolverine might become stronger, and not because of the fact that it's obvious bullshit and one of the crappiest storylines ever.

srankmissingnin
Tupac's not dead. shifty

He heard one of his own cds and he was so embarrassed he faked his death... can you blame him? evil face

Grimm22

Wait, suddenly Wolverine is a prophet of god?!? What the f**k?

Last time I checked, Wolverine didn't even believe in god, and now he's the spectre of the Marvel Universe?!?

grey fox

Last time I checked, Wolverine didn't even believe in god, and now he's the spectre of the Marvel Universe?!?

Where did you get prophet from ?

BFF = Best Friends Forever.

snoopdogg

and Thornn and Feral were shown as depowered so why were they in the rag tag animal zoo group? How can Sasquatch be classed with them? I thought he was using a Tanaraq's body? Who happens to be a godly creature.

llagrok
Originally posted by snoopdogg
How can Sasquatch be classed with them? I thought he was using a Tanaraq's body? Who happens to be a godly creature.

I don't think Loeb cares.

capt it up
Originally posted by grey fox
Evolution involves natural selection , Ie Weak dieing, strong surviving. Not the strong suddenly realising he's part of another f*cking species all together !

And to Sabes having these memories but not telling anyone....I call bullshit ! thumb down
oh all you care about is the species part? oh I can live with that I even find it stupid in some ways

capt it up
Originally posted by llagrok
Capt thinks we hate this because Wolverine might become stronger, and not because of the fact that it's obvious bullshit and one of the crappiest storylines ever.
no not at all my friend. Though thanks for talking out your back end.

I don't care if you hate the story. It the reasons for hating it.

capt it up

no he the hand of god.......choosen warrior.......it been around since the 80's.........man and you say your read wolverine..........

King_Mungi
Originally posted by snoopdogg
How can Sasquatch be classed with them? I thought he was using a Tanaraq's body? Who happens to be a godly creature.

Scott Kolins read #53 and was not impressed

Originally posted by Scott Kolins
Glad most of you are really enjoying #2. #3 is going to crank things up another notch - brace yourselves!

BTW- has anyone else seen the Sasquatch appearance in Woverine #53? WTF? I'm going to have a talk with that Loeb fellow.

scottk

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=2080&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45
----
Now THAT'S awesome

Symmetric Chaos
no not at all my friend. Though thanks for talking out your back end.

I don't care if you hate the story. It the reasons for hating it.

I don't think people dislike Wolvie getting upgrades. I think it's more that the upgrades seem to have little to do with what the character originally was.

Making him more powerful is fine but him being the hand of god doesn't make any sense.

capt it up
I don't think people dislike Wolvie getting upgrades. I think it's more that the upgrades seem to have little to do with what the character originally was.

Making him more powerful is fine but him being the hand of god doesn't make any sense.
it been part of his character since his first solo title..........so to say it does not make sense with the character is BS since it was part of the character since the beggining..........

sorry but the recarnation...choosen warrior and so on was what the character was supose to be and has been around since the begginning.......

Why can't we have people comment on wolverine that actaully read him........dam..no offense, but most of the people who comment about what he shoudl be no about jack shit about wolverine........it bee like me telling some one what green lantern should be.

Symmetric Chaos
Didn't Logan have quite a bit of continuity before his first solo run?

capt it up
Didn't Logan have quite a bit of continuity before his first solo run?
nope actaully it was quite undeveloped........there was almost nothing known about his past.......

King_Mungi
nope actaully it was quite undeveloped........there was almost nothing known about his past.......

Indeed, especially as it wasn't revealed later on that he had the claws himself and they wern't from gloves as people thought.

Kind of hard to give him a past when he doesn't remember it.

capt it up
Indeed, especially as it wasn't revealed later on that he had the claws himself and they wern't from gloves as people thought.

Kind of hard to give him a past when he doesn't remember it.
very true. Hell his healign factor was not even shown untill like his 20th apearence or more if not mistaken. He originally was not even said to be a mutant.

true though I find it funny people think the hand of god stuff is new since it actaully one of the oldest known things about wolverine.

King_Mungi
very true. Hell his healign factor was not even shown untill like his 20th apearence or more if not mistaken. He originally was not even said to be a mutant.

true though I find it funny people think the hand of god stuff is new since it actaully one of the oldest known things about wolverine.

Yep it wasn't till the Brood arc did Wolverine finally get fleshed out and started to really unveil all his secets.

I read it, but don't remember it vividly. I don't have much of a problem as it's nice as it goes with in Wolverine #52 Wolverine defended god instead of evolution. Wolverine usually sits on the fence with that, but Nightcrawler always preachs to him.

capt it up
Yep it wasn't till the Brood arc did Wolverine finally get fleshed out and started to really unveil all his secets.

I read it, but don't remember it vividly. I don't have much of a problem as it's nice as it goes with in Wolverine #52 Wolverine defended god instead of evolution. Wolverine usually sits on the fence with that, but Nightcrawler always preachs to him.
One the reasons wolverines makes such a good warrior of god is the fact he not religous though in times of direr need he has been shown to pray to god.

also he also he pritty much made for fighting demons...he can take what they dish out and his adamatium is very dangerous to demons plus he has shown through out his career that he has a 6th sense when it coems to senseing demon type energies.

Validus
I lol'd at Kolins getting on Loeb.

King_Mungi
One the reasons wolverines makes such a good warrior of god is the fact he not religous though in times of direr need he has been shown to pray to god.

also he also he pritty much made for fighting demons...he can take what they dish out and his adamatium is very dangerous to demons plus he has shown through out his career that he has a 6th sense when it coems to senseing demon type energies.

and those are the times I love the character of Wolverine as no matter what he has done in the past praying for guidance and forgiveness on certain things adds to his characters

Metal in general protects against certain magics , but yes I agree.

Originally posted by Validus
I lol'd at Kolins getting on Loeb.

haha, yeah I thought that was pretty cool.

capt it up
and those are the times I love the character of Wolverine as no matter what he has done in the past praying for guidance and forgiveness on certain things adds to his characters

Metal in general protects against certain magics , but yes I agree.
me too.

ya shaman said it when wolverine went to help him free sas and puck from mind control right?

King_Mungi
ya shaman said it when wolverine went to help him free sas and puck from mind control right?

You got it, the metal helps him from being possessed by demon magic.

Grimm22
no he the hand of god.......choosen warrior.......it been around since the 80's.........man and you say your read wolverine..........

You're right, I only read books that don't suck wink

capt it up
You got it, the metal helps him from being possessed by demon magic.
ya and it been stated it one of the few things that really hurt demons too.

capt it up
You're right, I only read books that don't suck wink
that don't suck? It consider one of the greatest wolverine comic to ever been written hell that whole era of wolverine is consider some of the best writing ever for comics.

so that tell you how much you know. Not to mention you profess to love classic wolverine and yet you call that bad writting when it is infact classic wolverine.........

Jimmy Buggs
I say hulk kills wolvie at least once. No matter how much they upgrade him.

Symmetric Chaos
I have a question actually.

What benifits does Logan get from being the hand of god? (other than reincarnation)

grey fox

What benifits does Logan get from being the hand of god? (other than reincarnation)

Disciples ?

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

capt it up

Not sure never stated. He just the choosen warrior and has been recarnated. Nothing more other then like an ability to sense demonic energy which could simply be due to his mutant powers.

Grimm22
that don't suck? It consider one of the greatest wolverine comic to ever been written hell that whole era of wolverine is consider some of the best writing ever for comics.

so that tell you how much you know. Not to mention you profess to love classic wolverine and yet you call that bad writting when it is infact classic wolverine.........

I was reffering to current Wolverine no expression

Not Claremont's and Miller's work on Wolverine

capt it up
I was reffering to current Wolverine no expression

Not Claremont's and Miller's work on Wolverine
yet you talk crap about wolverine being recarnation of hand of god..........when that came out in the 80's and has not been ment in any current wolverine run...........yup you really do talk out your ass.

srankmissingnin

Wolverine first appearance was The Incredible Hulk 180 in 1974, we discovered he had a healing factor in The Uncanny X-Men 142 in 1981. Before that the only thing even resembling any mention of a healing factor was a one liner in UXM 116 (maybe) where he said something like "Don't worry, I heal fast". Wolverine was present in comics for seven years before we found out what his mutant power was... sad

Grimm22
yet you talk crap about wolverine being recarnation of hand of god..........when that came out in the 80's and has not been ment in any current wolverine run...........yup you really do talk out your ass.

I never said I liked ALL of the stuff from back then no expression

I don't even understand why you are trying to defend such crap writing. I mean considering its only bastardizing his character, I would think you would be against it.

I know if Marvel tried to do something like this to one of my favorite characters, I would be VERY pissed.

Grimm22
Wolverine first appearance was The Incredible Hulk 180 in 1974, we discovered he had a healing factor in The Uncanny X-Men 142 in 1981. Before that the only thing even resembling any mention of a healing factor was a one liner in UXM 116 (maybe) where he said something like "Don't worry, I heal fast". Wolverine was present in comics for seven years before we found out what his mutant power was... sad

You mean ONE of his mutant powers right? confused

He was always shown to have animal senses and reflexes

capt it up
wow that long dam I should have none that lol

capt it up
I never said I liked ALL of the stuff from back then no expression

I don't even understand why you are trying to defend such crap writing. I mean considering its only bastardizing his character, I would think you would be against it.

I know if Marvel tried to do something like this to one of my favorite characters, I would be VERY pissed.
dude your being an idiot.

I not even talking about the new stuff when you comment at my post I was talking about an event that took place in the 80's. I even told you that and still you thought it was a new thing. Dude you don't read wolverine you never did and you just full of BS.

I not defending the new event im talking about a past event.

srankmissingnin
You mean ONE of his mutant powers right? confused

He was always shown to have animal senses and reflexes

I might be wrong but don't think the hyper senses were brought up until the Brood... or maybe even Mutant Massacrer storys. All we knew about Wolverine was that he was a mutant (even though it was suggest that he really wasn't in UXM 98) and he had a adamantium skeleton... it was never really mentioned what it was that made him a mutant. He had some crazy durability... but that was chalked up to having and adamatium skeleton.

capt it up
grimm22 you just prove your bias against wolverine every time you post in here and it annoying since you have no diea what you talking about

masterbruce
I don't think the hyper senses were brought up until the Brood... or maybe even Mutant Massacrer storys. All we knew about Wolverine was that he was a mutant (even though it was suggest that he really wasn't in UXM 98) and he had a adamantium skeleton... it was never really mentioned what it was that made him a mutant. He had some crazy durability... but that was chalked up to having and adamatium skeleton.

What's your opinion on the direction they're taking Wolverine...to the super healing powered immortal he is today?

Grimm22
dude your being an idiot.

I not even talking about the new stuff when you comment at my post I was talking about an event that took place in the 80's. I even told you that and still you thought it was a new thing. Dude you don't read wolverine you never did and you just full of BS.

I not defending the new event im talking about a past event.

And like I said, I think its crap writing.

If that makes me an "idiot" then so be it, but thats the way I feel.

Oh and "I not just full of BS"

srankmissingnin
What's your opinion on the direction they're taking Wolverine...to the super healing powered immortal he is today?

As far as I'm concerned Wolverine has been immortal since 1991 in Barry Windsor-Smith classic Weapon X story in the pages of MCP... and his current healing factor isn't that far out line with how it was portrayed in that story.

capt it up
And like I said, I think its crap writing.

If that makes me an "idiot" then so be it, but thats the way I feel.

Oh and "I not just full of BS"
but you are. You don't even know the issue im talking about and your full of shit all the time. You read classic wolverine yet you never read is first solo run? wierd. Not to mention you simply hate every thing about wolverine becuase it wolverine and it funny becuase you gett proven wrong all the time like assuming events are new that arnt and then making a huge deal about them only to find out the event took place 20 years ago.

capt it up
As far as I'm concerned Wolverine has been immortal since 1991 in Barry Windsor-Smith classic Weapon X story in the pages of MCP... and his current healing factor isn't that far out line with how it was portrayed in that story.
same people make to much of a deal about wolverine. Haft the things being whine about are like 20 years old yet they think there new.

example every one whined about Logan being immortal yet he been immortal since 91 yet they all act like Logan all of a sudden being over powered it rediculous.

It funny how many people whine about wolverine and act like he been so up graded yet have no problem with ice man, spiderman and so on.

My favorit when they whine about logans healing factor yet they think DP healing factor is fine and awosome

masterbruce
same people make to much of a deal about wolverine. Haft the things being whine about are like 20 years old yet they think there new.

example every one whined about Logan being immortal yet he been immortal since 91 yet they all act like Logan all of a sudden being over powered it rediculous.

It funny how many people whine about wolverine and act like he been so up graded yet have no problem with ice man, spiderman and so on.

My favorit when they whine about logans healing factor yet they think DP healing factor is fine and awosome

1. Spiderman has not been upgraded as much. Iceman has potential, but he still isn't uberpowerful.

2. Did DP ever take a nuke directly and heal almost instantly? Yeah I thought not.

capt it up
1. Spiderman has not been upgraded as much. Iceman has potential, but he still isn't uberpowerful.

2. Did DP ever take a nuke directly and heal almost instantly? Yeah I thought not.

your an idiot..........

first spiderman started at 10 tons.......then went to 15.......now he 20 tons

spiderman agility and reflex as were up graded. His spidersense has been up graded twice if not 3 times. he now has organic webbing oh and he can see in the dark......not to mention the whole stinger thing and healing factor increase.....but ya spiderman has no were near wolverines up grades...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Iceman not Ubber powerful are you a morron he can surve as mist........he does not even ened a body.......he has full control of matter manipulation.......your an idiot if you think wolverine has been upgrade more then Iceman.

Has DP taken a dirrect hit by a nuke? Nope put he got eaten then thrown up and healed instantly......not to mention healing froma hand instantly....amoung others.....

Logan did not heal instantly from the nuke attack.

It funny that you have this vendetta against Logan and hold this standered for him ,but no one else. it also funny when you let your bias gett in the way of good judgement. The comments you made above made you sound like a complete and utter morron.

masterbruce

It funny that you have this vendetta against Logan and hold this standered for him ,but no one else. it also funny when you let your bias gett in the way of good judgement. The comments you made above made you sound like a complete and utter morron.

LOL...so you think I have a vendetta against Logan? Why would I have a vendetta against a comic book character? confused

Tha C-Master
your an idiot..........

first spiderman started at 10 tons.......then went to 15.......now he 20 tons

spiderman agility and reflex as were up graded. His spidersense has been up graded twice if not 3 times. he now has organic webbing oh and he can see in the dark......not to mention the whole stinger thing and healing factor increase.....but ya spiderman has no were near wolverines up grades...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Iceman not Ubber powerful are you a morron he can surve as mist........he does not even ened a body.......he has full control of matter manipulation.......your an idiot if you think wolverine has been upgrade more then Iceman.

Has DP taken a dirrect hit by a nuke? Nope put he got eaten then thrown up and healed instantly......not to mention healing froma hand instantly....amoung others.....

Logan did not heal instantly from the nuke attack.

It funny that you have this vendetta against Logan and hold this standered for him ,but no one else. it also funny when you let your bias gett in the way of good judgement. The comments you made above made you sound like a complete and utter morron. Spiderman has went up in strength and other aspects slowly in his career, he hasn't done anything to remove the suspension of disblief from his character. They were all described and revolved around a specific arc. He didn't just "get them" from another writer. It makes sense for a character to grow throughout his career slowly. Like Colossus or anyone else. But to make a character who was once just normal, something absurd (for any character noone specific), is just annoying to the readers because they should work on character more than powers when it comes to a character, I'm sure you would agree.

Furthermore most people complain about Spiderman's upgrades, even his fans. erm

capt it up
LOL...so you think I have a vendetta against Logan? Why would I have a vendetta against a comic book character? confused
becuase your always against him............and you act like he so over powered to the point were you make retarded comments like wolverine more powerful and has more upgrades then iceman...........spiderman and has a better healing factor then deadpool...........

Tha C-Master
becuase your always against him............and you act like he so over powered to the point were you make retarded comments like wolverine more powerful and has more upgrades then iceman...........spiderman and has a better healing factor then deadpool........... From what I've seen Masterbruce pretty much stupidly defended Wolverine, even so far as to use the Nuke thing last year quite often, saying that Logan couldn't be killed.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
From what I've seen Masterbruce pretty much stupidly defended Wolverine, even so far as to use the Nuke thing last year quite often, saying that Logan couldn't be killed.

haha yeah good point...I did defend Logan alot

capt it up
Spiderman has went up in strength and other aspects slowly in his career, he hasn't done anything to remove the suspension of disblief from his character. They were all described and revolved around a specific arc. He didn't just "get them" from another writer. It makes sense for a character to grow throughout his career slowly. Like Colossus or anyone else. But to make a character who was once just normal, something absurd (for any character noone specific), is just annoying to the readers because they should work on character more than powers when it comes to a character, I'm sure you would agree.

Furthermore most people complain about Spiderman's upgrades, even his fans. erm

ya becuase logans healing factor boost did not have to do with any story such as have his adamtium ripped out..........or having it ripped out again........and then been stated to have evolved further in his evolution track...........ya but he absurd.

im sorry,but logan has not been upgrade further then spiderman not even close and he had reasons for it just like spiderman.........

capt it up
haha yeah good point...I did defend Logan alot
no you dont you make the dumbes comments alive about him.......you even made a thread about wolverine vs vulture purely so you can have lgoan lose to a shitty character..........and failled miserriably.............

Tha C-Master
ya becuase logans healing factor boost did not have to do with any story such as have his adamtium ripped out..........or having it ripped out again........and then been stated to have evolved further in his evolution track...........ya but he absurd.

im sorry,but logan has not been upgrade further then spiderman not even close and he had reasons for it just like spiderman......... You are stringing points that I didn't make again.

First you point was noone complained about Spiderman, do I have to pull out how many people complained about his organic webbing or stingers? Now we know people complain about his upgrades and now the issue is that Logan hasn't been upgraded much.

Wolverine has definitely been changed more, very few of his changes have been written. Which isn't all a bad thing. He was once a guy with a glove on his hand. Then he got stronger and stronger over the years for his popularity.

I'm not even talking about the aspect of his powers growing, there's nothing wrong with steady physical growth. What I'm talking about is retconning a character. Say for instance if someone changed Spiderman to be an alien from a distant planet that was the real Peter Parker, I'd be annoyed myself.

masterbruce
no you dont you make the dumbes comments alive about him.......you even made a thread about wolverine vs vulture purely so you can have lgoan lose to a shitty character..........and failled miserriably.............

that logan vs vulture thread was a complete joke thread...obviously Vulture stood no chance.

Tha C-Master
haha yeah good point...I did defend Logan alot Do you not anymore?

Darth Macabre
Spiderman to be an alien from a distant planet that was the real Peter Parker ...wait, he isn't? shifty

masterbruce
Do you not anymore?

well, depends on who he's up against. Capt It Up thinks I have a vendetta against Logan for some reason, which is really funny.

capt it up
You are stringing points that I didn't make again.

First you point was noone complained about Spiderman, do I have to pull out how many people complained about his organic webbing or stingers? Now we know people complain about his upgrades and now the issue is that Logan hasn't been upgraded much.

Wolverine has definitely been changed more, very few of his changes have been written. Which isn't all a bad thing. He was once a guy with a glove on his hand. Then he got stronger and stronger over the years for his popularity.

I'm not even talking about the aspect of his powers growing, there's nothing wrong with steady physical growth. What I'm talking about is retconning a character. Say for instance if someone changed Spiderman to be an alien from a distant planet that was the real Peter Parker, I'd be annoyed myself.
well the stingers are just dumb you have to agree there. I liek the organic webbing though.

actaully it got weaker as he got more popular.......in strength at least.

recconns mean didily I talking character upgrades. reccons are reccons they don't really matter at all they jsut fixing events.

Tha C-Master
Stigners do feel out of place, organic webbing makes sense.

Well Logan's stats might be different, but his showings have gotten better over the years, examples of this are guys like Namor and such.

Well Logan being his current descent is kind of a "fix" in writing, that could be "fixed" later. But we'll just agree to disagree, later man.

Tha C-Master
...wait, he isn't? shifty cool

Tha C-Master
well, depends on who he's up against. Capt It Up thinks I have a vendetta against Logan for some reason, which is really funny. We all do. sad j/k

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>