Toy Guns to be banned in London

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starhawk
In my city, they are going to issue a ban preventing the sale of toy guns that are close in appearance to real guns. I for one applaud this as we have had situations of people being shot due to brandishing such toy guns.

Agree or Disagree?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Starhawk
I for one applaud this as we have had situations of people being shot due to brandishing such toy guns.

Well who's fault is that?

You should never pretend to be packin', especially with a damn toy. If you point a toy gun at some one, even if youre being funny, dont be surprised if they blast you.

Ushgarak
In my city, they are going to issue a ban preventing the sale of toy guns that are close in appearance to real guns. I for one applaud this as we have had situations of people being shot due to brandishing such toy guns.

Agree or Disagree?

Your city?

Starhawk
I didn't mean "My" to imply ownership.

Strangelove
I thought you were Canadian erm

Ushgarak
I didn't mean "My" to imply ownership.

One normally assumes you use it to mean that you live there, you know? In which case, in the absolute best of circumstances, this thread title is misleading.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Strangelove
I thought you were Canadian erm

I'm pretty sure he means London, Ontario. no expression

Lord Melkor
Well, I agree that if real guns are banned as a rule, than it should extend to realistic toy guns as well. You can terrorize someone with toy gun as much as with real.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I'm pretty sure he means London, Ontario. no expression Right no expression

Well with a name like London you'd be well-advised to specify erm

WrathfulDwarf
So what are they going to ban next? Pictures of guns? wowzers!

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Well, I agree that if real guns are banned as a rule, than it should extend to realistic toy guns as well. You can terrorize someone with toy gun as much as with real.

Not sure where you live, but toy guns in America can't look realistic by law... So if someone is "terrorized" by a plastic neon green Luger, they deserve it.

chillmeistergen
How exactly are the fantastic Mountie brigade going to enforce this? Throw any infant with a toy in the back of a police van, and later interrogate them?

Fishy
Actually for once I don't think that this law is that bad. If somebody can threaten somebody with a gun fake or not that is just wrong. Toy guns that appear to be real should be subject to the same rules as real guns.

Secretus
Well, here in the US most toy guns sold have the tip of the "fake" weapon painted red so it can be identified of being a toy. Of course it was red when it was sold but can easily be manipulated with paint. Who really cares though, if someone commits a crime with it, it's not like they can hurt anyone with it. At maybe the worst, a child bringing it to school ..but still they couldn't cause any harm.

Fishy
Originally posted by Secretus
Well, here in the US most toy guns sold have the tip of the "fake" weapon painted red so it can be identified of being a toy. Of course it was red when it was sold but can easily be manipulated with paint. Who really cares though, if someone commits a crime with it, it's not like they can hurt anyone with it. At maybe the worst, a child bringing it to school ..but still they couldn't cause any harm.

Still what's the difference between walking into a bank with that gun or a rael gun if you don't intent on killing anybody? You can still commit the crime even if your gun is fake.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Fishy
Still what's the difference between walking into a bank with that gun or a rael gun if you don't intent on killing anybody? You can still commit the crime even if your gun is fake.

True, you can be charged with armed robbery even if what you are armed with is a banana.

Fishy
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
True, you can be charged with armed robbery even if what you are armed with is a banana.

Yes okay. but you can hardly prevent people from eating banana's you can prevent them from carrying real looking toy guns...

Secretus
The thing is, no one dies. Except maybe the moron with the fake gun. So even if they ban toy guns, maybe bb guns next or pellet guns? How about super soaker's?

chillmeistergen
Yes okay. but you can hardly prevent people from eating banana's you can prevent them from carrying real looking toy guns...

Yeah, I agree with preventive measures I just don't see how they can be enforced indiscriminately. Maybe there should be legislation to prevent the manufacturing of such toys.

ragesRemorse
The thing is, no one dies. Except maybe the moron with the fake gun. So even if they ban toy guns, maybe bb guns next or pellet guns? How about super soaker's?

well you can fill super soakers with toxically fatal chemicals, so...yes.

Nellinator
London, Ontario, eh? I once pushed someone across the highway in a shopping cart there... good times.

I assume this means you attend Western?

snoochyboochies

And I'm sure most of us would be traumatised if held at gunpoint, believing that the gun was real. The trauma people cause in bank robberies is life changing. Some people can't get over it becasue its such a terrifying experience. The power that having a gun or something that others perceive to be a gun is huge.

Fishy

Because even if you could change those things to weapons nobody would believe they are and it wouldn't work, and if they would then they are idiots.

Now of course the chance exists that you would turn such a thing into a weapon and use it to kill people, but you could just as well buy a gun then, a hell of a lot easier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.