Something To Read

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in men
====Psalm 118:8

TRH
oh not more of this

AngryManatee
so in other words, don't trust the bible since it was written by men, yes?

debbiejo
Mens words can never do justice to what god or what ever that thing is called ..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ESB -1138

But your lord is a man. confused

Boris
Bible verse... wow, the Bible is full of shit.

Gregory
The Lord tells me you're an idiot. I suppose I'll have to take his word for it.

Alliance
Originally posted by AngryManatee
so in other words, don't trust the bible since it was written by men, yes?

Jim Reaper

More nonsense that hinders mankind.

Nellinator
How does that verse hinder mankind?

Symmetric Chaos
I don't trust mankind anyway. I trust god less however.

Alliance
Originally posted by Nellinator
How does that verse hinder mankind?

Because man's philosophy is more egalitarian.

Nellinator
How does that verse portray men as unequal.

Alliance
It dosent, but it points you to something that does...if you take the Bible as God's word of course.

And honestly, if we're only to list to the voice of god, no one should be listening to anyone about faith since Jesus (no one)

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
But your lord is a man. confused
not any more. he is the son of god. he was a mortal man unitl he was crucified.

Alliance
1. People disagree
2. He never taught anything after he died. All you listen to is the man part.

debbiejo
I always like the verse: Come let us reason together.

Meaning stop being a drone and think.

Alliance
Until you come to the verse "Do as i say."

lord xyz
====Psalm 118:8 Since when do we give a shit what the Bible says?

Originally posted by Alliance
Until you come to the verse "Do as i say." It would work if we knew what "I" is and what "I" says.

chithappens
Originally posted by lord xyz

It would work if we knew what "I" is and what "I" says.

Sarcasm?

Alliance
Originally posted by lord xyz
It would work if we knew what "I" is and what "I" says.

We'll thats the best part!

lord xyz
We'll thats the best part! Following something that's most likely shit?

Alliance
Yes.

chithappens
How old was everyone when they started noticing holes in religion like this?

lord xyz
Yes. Well, if that was the case, then I'd follow the people in the Conspiracy Forum -- their logic is very similar to the Bible.

Originally posted by chithappens
How old was everyone when they started noticing holes in religion like this? Around 8 I think.

Alliance

I never really believed in any of it. My parents were ex-Catholics who came to my Church (Congrgationalist) because they had better kids programs. I stopped going to sunday school around the time the stuff really became "real." I was mroe concerned with getting my donut. Then with sports et al, Sunday was my only day off a week and It was good to sleep in.

When I was 10-13 I realized that everything good I learned in church was teaching me to be a good citizen and neighbor, ideas that are hardly limited to Christianity. Christianity was not essential to my life and when it actually tried to become real, I rejected it.

Apparently this isn't totally out of line. My younger brother and sister have done the same.

Nellinator
It dosent, but it points you to something that does...if you take the Bible as God's word of course.

And honestly, if we're only to list to the voice of god, no one should be listening to anyone about faith since Jesus (no one) It is not excluding men from worth. The key is "it is better", it is not exclusive of man. All it says is that God is better.

chithappens
Originally posted by Nellinator
It is not excluding men from worth. The key is "it is better", it is not exclusive of man. All it says is that God is better.

But are not reading the words of God from the writing of men. I think that was what they meant.

chithappens

I think I was about 14, maybe a year younger. My parents never went to church much but considered themselves as Christians. People would ask, "Do you go to church?" and they would shamefully shake their heads as if they had already been condemned to Hell. So when I was told to go to to church, I knew something was wrong from the jump.

It was the people who made me notice the flaws first though.

Too much, "He is all knowing and everything has a reason although I haven't the slightest clue what it is."

lord xyz
Actually scratch that, I wasn't 8, I never got into religion, my town is pretty religious as in, they raise people as light Christians, but I still didn't buy it. 8 is round about the age I stopped believing in God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.