Knightley 'wants to quit acting'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pirategirl85
Knightley 'wants to quit acting'

Knightley described the Pirates of the Caribbean filming as gruelling
Actress Keira Knightley has said the pressures of being a celebrity may force her to quit acting for good.
In an interview with Elle magazine the Oscar-nominated actress said she was particularly worried about being featured on pro-anorexia websites.

The star of films like Pirates of the Caribbean and Pride and Prejudice said being famous was "completely crazy".

She added she did not want naturally thin women to be a "scapegoats for promoting a mental illness".

I made a decision very recently that I wanted a life instead

The 22-year-old actress says being the centre of media attention had forced her to reconsider her acting career.

"I think I just have to move away or give it up altogether," she said.

"I couldn't have kids in the situation I'm in now. But I could just do something else.

"That's probably what's going to happen. I'm just not so hungry any more. I made a decision very recently that I wanted a life instead."

Being featured in articles on anorexia had left her "devastated," she admitted.

She said well-known pictures of her in a bikini were taken after a gruelling shoot for Pirates of the Caribbean, where they were filming in soaring temperatures.

"You are wearing a wetsuit underneath a load of corsets. You are fighting with heavy weights in the water.

"Can you imagine a more advanced cardio workout?"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6616253.stm

IheartPocky
I read an article like that today, but it didnt make it sound like that one. It sounded more like "I almost want to quit acting" this one sounds like "Im going to quit"

PirateDiva
Wow thats soooo Sad....I Love Keira....she cant quit!!! sad

willofthewisp
Aw, whatever makes you happy, Keira! You'll always be Elizabeth Swann and Elizabeth Bennet to me!

Maybe she'll be a stuntwoman like the POTC stunt team wanted her to be.

Does she realize even if she quits she won't have the "normal" life because people will still recognize her? I think if she took a few years off, maybe made some movies that were less physically taxing, she would be refreshed. She just sounds exhausted to me. She's already thin to begin with and she's out in the hot sun doing physical work all the time (not THAT kind of physical work, you perverts), so she's probably losing more weight and that's hard on a body.

May you find your horizon, Keira! (raises glass) To Elizabeth!

katelovespirate
I doubt she would honestly give it up. She's brilliant. She's one of the best actresses we've seen in a long time, not to mention how beautiful she is. I'm sure everyone goes through hard aspects of their career, where they honestly think "this particular thing COULD make me give it up," but that doesn't mean they will just walk away from it. Magazine articles (as we all know) always emphasize/overdramatize things the person has said to make for a more interesting/engaging read.

willofthewisp
Everyone knows who she is! She couldn't possibly have a normal life even if she quit. I'm pretty sure her parents are in the business. Maybe they'll help her through it. She should do a low-maintenance romantic comedy or something to help her relax after AWE.

ivebeendepped43
i have to admit, Keira cannot quit acting. even if i dont like her too much. but then again, i wouldnt blame her if she did

PirateDiva
Ya everyone know who she is...i mean come on she has a BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE MOVIE TRILOGY under her belt and was an Oscar Nominee....she's a total A-LISTER....so if she Quits, ya she so wouldnt have a normal life!!!

JacksSweet

willofthewisp
ha ha ha, Jonny and Keira in another movie together. So hard to imagine.

Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley IN

"Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money."

Lonestar Jr.: Who are you?

Dousche: I am Dousche, distant cousin of Princess Vespa, your mother.

Lonestar: Cool

Dousche: What do you suggest we do to stop the evil Lord Helmet?

Lonestar: Find me the chest of Davy Jones and we'll go from there!

Director: Cut!

Johnny: I'm so sorry. Force of habit.

PirateDiva
lmao lmao lmao!!! laughing

Arachnid1
She looks fine to me.
http://galleries.lycos.co.uk/d/14692-3/keira-knightley.jpg

ivebeendepped43
well, in some pics she does. i know theres one that she looks really anorexic, but i dont have it.

JaehSkywalker
gah! she's so thin! i don't really wonder why she's on pro anorexic sites or whatever.... but, she's been so thin althroughout her career, and it didn't look like it was caused by anorexia or some other sickness or disorder or whatever. it looked natural; she shouldn't worry about others think, but then, you can't really say it's that easy is it, especially if you're an actress....

i don't think her quitting would be an answer to anything, as all your posts suggest.. big grin

ADarksideJedi
Good for her.Not of actess will say what she says.I hope she remains with the movie.And acting.She is one of the best and hollywood would be horrible without her.jm

Dinglehopper
I think she is brilliant, but when it comes down to it; it is what makes her happy. If she wants to quit and that will make her happiest then I say go for it. I will her acting, but atleast she will be a happier person.

ivebeendepped43
tho Johnny says he salutes her in quitting if thats what she wants to do

PirateDiva
becaUSE jOHNNY HAS OFTEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT HIMSELF!!!

ivebeendepped43
lol every 11 minutes for the past 20 years to be exact! lmao! he is so AWEsome!!

PirateDiva
lmao....LoVe Him!!!

willofthewisp
I bet if she just took some time off she'd be re-energized.

Ericadawn
Perhaps she could do a play like Orlando's going to do...

aniron
my prayers have been answered lmao!!!!

aniron
to be honest she is blatently suffering from an eating disorder no matter what she says, it is impossible according to doctors to be that thin naturally. Being anorexic wont make her a bad person so i dunno why ppl deny it! She's obviosuly got caught up in the celebrity world like all the other actresses and it goes from watching what you eat to a full blown obsession. maybe a break is SAFER more than anything!!!! By the way kiera and her mum are going to be not far from where I live filming a film about Dylan Thomas (lord knows why he's crap!). so if u live in or near wales and wanna spot her thats where she is!

IheartPocky
Originally posted by aniron
to be honest she is blatently suffering from an eating disorder no matter what she says, it is impossible according to doctors to be that thin naturally. Being anorexic wont make her a bad person so i dunno why ppl deny it! She's obviosuly got caught up in the celebrity world like all the other actresses and it goes from watching what you eat to a full blown obsession. maybe a break is SAFER more than anything!!!! By the way kiera and her mum are going to be not far from where I live filming a film about Dylan Thomas (lord knows why he's crap!). so if u live in or near wales and wanna spot her thats where she is!

Hey hey hey!

None of that now!!!

Look at the girl's legs geez she is not anorexic..

Bwa Ha Ha
....................maybe she's just............really really thin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.