My belief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Oblivion
Im expecting the worst with this one:

It is my belief that though there is a possibility that there may be some all powerful god somewhere in this or even some other universe, it is not very likely. I do not reject the idea of a god, but I refuse to accept such a prospect. And furthur along that argument is heaven and hell. Do they exist? or are they just lies spread by the church to scare us into believing in the almighty. I would say the latter rather than the former. Buddism and hinduism are the closest to what I believe. No real belief in a true almighty god. The only thing is, Im not spiritual either so I cant be one of those. That's my story and Im sticking to it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Oblivion

It is my belief that though there is a possibility that there may be some all powerful god somewhere in this or even some other universe, it is not very likely. I do not reject the idea of a god, but I refuse to accept such a prospect. And furthur along that argument is heaven and hell. Do they exist? or are they just lies spread by the church to scare us into believing in the almighty. I would say the latter rather than the former. Buddism and hinduism are the closest to what I believe. No real belief in a true almighty god. The only thing is, Im not spiritual either so I cant be one of those. That's my story and Im sticking to it.

I understand. I was in the same position for many years. big grin

Boris
Originally posted by Darth Oblivion
It is my belief that though there is a possibility that there may be some all powerful god somewhere in this or even some other universe, it is not very likely.

A very, very, very, very low probability.

Of course the church used Heaven and Hell to keep people in line, if you don't do this or think that, you're going to Hell. Scare mongers. Hinduism is total bullshit like the rest, you really believe in reincarnation and all those gods that Hindus do? Please... they're the same as the Abrahamic God of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, total bullshit, they, like he, do not exist.

ThePittman

Boris
Yeah, Aliens!

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Boris

Of course the church used Heaven and Hell to keep people in line, if you don't do this or think that, you're going to Hell. Scare mongers. Hinduism is total bullshit like the rest, you really believe in reincarnation and all those gods that Hindus do? Please... they're the same as the Abrahamic God of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, total bullshit, they, like he, do not exist.

Hindus do not beleive in the Gods...the Gods are mythological metaphors which characterize human nature.

Buddhism is pretty much a revision of Hinduism, minus the gods and minus the hypocrisy.

FeceMan
What.

mr.smiley
I think, to a point all beliefs are a bit crazy but that's what makes them interesting.

debbiejo
Yes very interesting in relation to peoples actions to them. However, I do believe that there is something huge that we can't even imagine.

pcp
Get a grip.

Alfheim

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ok that seems you have the same beliefs as me. So you belive in God just not a Christian God?

confused How would that mean he has the same beliefs as you. He could believe in a totally different non-Christian god.

debbiejo
Originally posted by pcp
Get a grip. It's big, like really BIG

Most likely the biggest. Immensely huge, Gigantic even.

laughing out loud

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
confused How would that mean he has the same beliefs as you. He could believe in a totally different non-Christian god.

Well yeah hes not going to have exactly the same beliefs as me, but essentially the same in the sense there is a God but we wont go into details.

Darth Demise
Originally posted by FeceMan
What.

im...complicated big grin

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Darth Demise

I do not believe that God uses fear tactics on anyone. God is Love and perfect love casts out fear.

Let me give you an illustration Darth Demise that I know you will relate to. You are traveling down a dark twisted road that has lighting which is very few and far in between. Suddenly, you encounter a good samaritan who motions for you to stop. You stop and the good samaritan walks over to the driver side of your vehicle. You very cautiously roll down your window just enough to hear what the good samaritan has to say. The good samaritan informs you that the bridge is out less than a mile from where you are, and that if you continue traveling on the road that you are on you will perish. You say thank you and proceed down the winding road, gradually increasing your speed.

Question: did the good samaritan use fear tactics to warn you about impending danger up ahead? Did the good samaritan threaten you in any way? Did the good samaritan instill fear in you about the situation? So then what did the good samaritan do? Glad you asked. All the good samaritan did was demonstrate concern for your well-being by warning you of a future reality. Similarly, God warns you about a future reality: His just, holy, righteous wrath against sin and the reality of Hell for those who are not saved from God's wrath against sin. God is holy, and He is Judge of the universe (transcending all earthly judges). Since God is holy, He must punish sinners (if God does not punish sin then He will cease to be holy, just, and righteous). If you are a judge and you fail to sentence a convicted person for their heinous crimes then you will cease to be qualified for that highly responsible position any longer. You will have compromised your integrity and failed to uphold the oath that you took to render righteous and just judgment in accordance with the laws that you are bound to uphold as judge.

So, warning someone about impending danger is not using fear tactics. If warning someone about imminent danger was a fear tactic then police officers, the news media, parents, friends, spouses, employers, relatives, emergency medical technicians, doctors, lawyers, firefighters, the armed forces, federal law enforcement, and anyone else who warns you of immediate danger should be ignored because they are just using fear tactics to save and spare your (valuable) life.

sad

Badabing
I believe in God. I find the precision of Life, Earth, Solar System and Universe to be too complex to be explained as a random occurrence. I respect everybody's opinion and enjoy reading the different ideas and posts. I would only ask the people who absolutely don't believe to contemplate the possibilities of existence.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
I do not believe that God uses fear tactics on anyone.

So then you'd be working for the devil then?

Badabing
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
So then you'd be working for the devil then? No, he's working for...........durfist!

Starhawk
Originally posted by Darth Demise

I believe that the world was created by a fart from a 60 foot tall carrot named Skeebol.

All hail Skeebol!

Badabing
Originally posted by Starhawk
I believe that the world was created by a fart from a 60 foot tall carrot named Skeebol.

All hail Skeebol! Ewww! sick

laughing

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Boris

Honestly....what was your purpose in joining KMC? no expression

Healing Artisan
laughing out loud @ Boris for showing no compassion for religion or faith.

i disagree but respect your view.

Boris
Well, Religion deserves no respect or compassion whatsoever.

Talk about movies! But then I found the religion forum - much more fun.

Alliance
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Buddhism is pretty much a revision of Hinduism, minus the gods and minus the hypocrisy.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.