Washington, D.C., Lawyer Sues Dry Cleaners $67 Million For Lost Trousers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
*sigh*

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Story?id=3119381&page=1

The judge should be disbarred and sentenced to a 25-year length in prison...

mad

Fishy
That is without a doubt the most insane lawsuit ever, in the last two weeks.

botankus
After reading the article, I've decided I have just cause to sue JM for $100 million.

chillmeistergen
No offence to America, but only there could this happen.

Starhawk
Yup in Canada we fixed our Civil System to prevent this, Our criminal justice system is still a laughing joke though.

Alliance
"mental suffering, inconvenience and discomfort." << Should never be sued for.

Mindship
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
No offence to America, but only there could this happen. Hey, we love money. That's why we put "GOD" on it. rock

inimalist
pfft, i could get him 75 at least

ragesRemorse
i just have one question. What red blooded american refers to pants as trousers?

The thread starter should be monitored for suspicion of terrorism

Schecter
wow...i hope he gets cancer

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i just have one question. What red blooded american refers to pants as trousers?

The thread starter should be monitored for suspicion of terrorism

If you called them pants here, chances are you'd get battered.

TRH
that is just insane.......only in america

ragesRemorse
If you called them pants here, chances are you'd get battered.

Why, because brits dont like talking about underwear?

Strangelove
Originally posted by Alliance
"mental suffering, inconvenience and discomfort." << Should never be sued for. Agreed

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Why, because brits dont like talking about underwear?

Pretty much, unless they're talking about underwear. It's like me asking for a hat when in fact I want socks.

J-Beowulf

AGREED.

Bunch of money-hungry freaking whiners, it's such BS.

jaden101
Originally posted by Starhawk
Yup in Canada we fixed our Civil System to prevent this, Our criminal justice system is still a laughing joke though.

you're proud of that aren't you?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Starhawk

You are obsessed with Canada. When nobody outside about it could give a shit about your law systems. As far as everyone else is concerned you have weird looking police officers (mounties), Avril Lavigne and a lot of complaining to your name.

botankus
No offence to America, but only there could this happen.

And in America, we'd say that it could only happen in California...that's what is so strange about it. If it had been L.A., I might have been, "meh, those damn Californians again and their lawsuits."

debbiejo
It is very difficult to dismiss a judge. You can't even sue one. To have one removed from a case, the judge himself must approve it. What kind of shit is that! To drag something into the court of appeals only costs more money. Many judges get reelected because people won't take the time to research them. The only thing you can do to a judge is report them to the Judiciary Committee.

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
It is very difficult to dismiss a judge. You can't even sue one. To have one removed from a case, the judge himself must approve it. What kind of shit is that! To drag something into the court of appeals only costs more money. Many judges get reelected because people won't take the time to research them. The only thing you can do to a judge is report them to the Judiciary Committee.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't get Debs started with those judges.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by debbiejo

Of course, your mistake hre is in thinking that he is talking about the judge of thge case.

He's not, he is talking about the plaintiff, who just so happens to also be a judge.

Schecter

i dont like this train of thought. its a legitimate claim in many cases. i could list situations where lost money is far far outweighed by mental anguish, but if you stop and think about it i think you would change your mind on this.

botankus
Reading many of the threads in this forum has caused me mental suffering, inconvenience, and discomfort.

Where's my money?

Nellinator
You are obsessed with Canada. When nobody outside about it could give a shit about your law systems. As far as everyone else is concerned you have weird looking police officers (mounties), Avril Lavigne and a lot of complaining to your name. The mounties (RCMP) are the coolest police force in the world. Canada sucks, but Alberta is mint.

Atlantis001
This is like an episode from Twilight Zone !

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Nellinator
The mounties (RCMP) are the coolest police force in the world. Canada sucks, but Alberta is mint.

I dunno, they look more than a bit batty to me.

Deano
its official.

the worlds gone mad

Janus X
Originally posted by Deano
its official.

the worlds gone mad

I was pretty sure you were going to spew conspiracy crap. You didn't. You get +2 Respect Point.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nellinator
The mounties (RCMP) are the coolest police force in the world. Canada sucks, but Alberta is mint. I liked Due South.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Bardock42
I liked Due South.

lol old school, I still see it sometimes on like ITV3, the huskey's a right genius.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.