Darth Malak and Darth Bandon vs. Kas'im and Sirak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jollyjim311
The setting is in the hangar on Geonosis seen in Attack of the Clones, where Dooku duels Anakin.

Who wins and why?

Apollo Cloud
Team 1, I'd say. Malak, after being powered up by the Star Forge, literally had the power of an entire race of force sensitive Rakatans (likely numbering in the millions) at his disposal. That would give him a pretty insane force connection, and he's had quite a lot of experience to hone it. He'd have either Kas'im or Sirak beat by a pretty huge margin I'd say. Malak would be able to easily pull this off alone, imho.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
Team 1, I'd say. Malak, after being powered up by the Star Forge, literally had the power of an entire race of force sensitive Rakatans (likely numbering in the millions) at his disposal. That would give him a pretty insane force connection, and he's had quite a lot of experience to hone it. He'd have either Kas'im or Sirak beat by a pretty huge margin I'd say. Malak would be able to easily pull this off alone, imho.

Co-signed

jollyjim311
This is on Geonosis, not the Starforge, just so that you know.

Apollo Cloud
Malak remains powered up no matter where he is. The only advantage he gains from the SF is replenishing his life force from the captive jedi, that's it.

Advent
Where exactly is this stated? Quote, and source, now.

Apollo Cloud
It's not stated anywhere, but it's plain obvious. As seen when Bastilla is powered up by the SF, sparks fly into her and she glows with energy. That type of powerup is something that would stay with you, whether you're at the source or not (kind of like the way Kyle Katarn is powered up by the Valley of the Jedi). It's not like how Dooku was being powered up by Byss (or was it Vjun?), where he actually had to be there to draw power from the source. That was more of a powerup gained from drawing off of the dark presence of the planet, and that's not the case with the SF.

jollyjim311
If it's not stated anywhere, it's just your theory, and I don't see how it's obvious.

Apollo Cloud
Don't be dense JJ, we have firsthand view of how the SF empowers its users as seen with Bastilla; sparks flying into her, and powering her up. The powerup would subsequently be gained from within, so the actual source of the powerup is pretty irrelevant.

Advent
As seen when Bastilla is powered up by the SF, sparks fly into her and she glows with energy.

LMAO, Nebaris! In other words, particles and fairy dust is your proof.

In all candor, there's no definitive proof of such a thing being permanent, nor is there any logical basis for that to hold true. Simply because we see "energy" and the like emit from whatever character, doesn't necessarily mean it will remain with said character forever.

We see Jedi glowing during even temporary boosts, or decreases. For instance, Ulic Qel-Droma is seen encased with blue light, yet the effects of him being severed from the Force were only temporary (at that point). So, there's hardly sufficient evidence to say that it's everlasting.

And Count Dooku's powers were enhanced by Vjun, by the way.

jollyjim311
Regardless of it's permanency, how much did it power him up?

Apollo Cloud
But there's no decline in skill as the match goes on, no evidence of the power waring off, and if we go by Malak, there's seemingly no severe difference between how he is on the SF and how he is on the Leviathan; he even goes on about how the SF has made him so much more powerful, and how they (Revan, Bastilla, and the pilot, forgot his name) were not powerful enough to stop him, on the Leviathan.

There's much more evidence suggesting that the source had no effect on whether its user remained powered up or not, than there is suggesting otherwise, so it's logical to take my stance.

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Regardless of it's permanency, how much did it power him up?

He had the power of an entire race of force users at his disposal.

Advent
But there's no decline in skill as the match goes on, no evidence of the power waring off

Yes, while they are on the Star Forge. It could simply be that, as long as the user is actually located on the tool itself, they remain enhanced.

Nothing indicates that its effects last forever.

During the confrontation on the Leviathan? Where does he mention the Star Forge? Quote, now.

1. Carth Onasi is the name of the pilot, and he's literally a non-factor.

2. It's evident that they weren't capable enough at that time to defeat him. Does that necessarily mean later on they wouldn't have been? Revan defeats Malak, to my recollection, even on the Star Forge.

So, there's an apparent difference in power from confrontation on the Leviathan when compared to the Star Forge (in Revan), since Darth Malak believes all three of them at that point wouldn't have been able to overcome him, and later on, Revan does singlehandedly. Malak on his own might have been simply stronger than that incarnation of Revan.

Provide this supposed evidence then, and no -- as it is now -- it's definitely not logical to assume your position as correct.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but you'll need to provide more convincing proof.

Apollo Cloud
Hold up, I thought we already established that remaining on the source itself has no effect on whether you remain powered up or not. The only valid point you have is questioning whether the effect remains permanently or not, however in terms of having to be at the site of the source to gain the powerup, you have no case in questioning such a thing, simply due to the nature of the powerup as I've explained before.

Lol, quit with the 'now's yeah, I'm not going to play through the entire game again just to get that one quote, given that all my saved game files were on my X Box (which I upgraded), and I'm definitely not going to do it right 'now,' don't be silly. Anyways I'm not a liar, you'll just have to take my word for it (and if you don't, then there's no real point of continuing this, but whatever, just say so if you want an easy way out), as he does indeed bring it up. Directing me to a link of the game script (if there is one, there's not at gamefaqs.com) would be much appreciated in this instance.

No, that wasn't my point; my point was that Malak brings up how the SF has made him so much more powerful, and that they would stand no chance in defeating him, and in this context, it's safe to assume that he was partially attributing the SF powerup to why they wouldn't stand a chance at stopping him. I wasn't arguing that because of the fact that Malak could defeat all three of them on the Leviathan, it's therefor safe to assume that he was powered up on the Leviathan, and remains powered up wherever he goes, lol. It's obvious that Revan's improvement rate from that point onwards was huge, I'd never make an argument like that, and especially not include that random pilot as a real factor.

I've already provided it; there's no evidence of the energy wearing of in the least, and going by Malak's dialogue, he seems to have been powered up on the Leviathan as well as the SF.

darthsith19
Kas'im beats Malak. it's a bit close but I have no doubt in my mind that Kas'im takes it.

Sirak beats Bandon. Again, it's a bit close, but I still have no doubt in my mind that Sirak takes it. He does know multiple forums and can move so fast he's a blur, and was strong enough that people thought he may be the Sith'ari. What is Bandon's greatest feat.?

Advent
1.) Let me make some things crystal clear: you haven't established anything yet.

I don't deal in faith, Nebaris, I go based on presented facts, or logical reasoning (that is backed up by a trustworthy source, or has a basis for being correct). Writing that "Malak sez...", without providing the actual quote in question, is unacceptable. It'd be akin to me believing that the description of the Ancient Sith are "titanic" and "god-like" in Tales of the Jedi, simply because the likes of nearly all the the Antediluvians have said such.

When looking at the source material itself, such accounts are nowhere to be found. And none of the bunch have been known to necessarily lie (albeit, they exaggerate vastly, as do you).

So, as it were, I clearly have a case on whether or not you must be on, or near, the Star Forge to receive its power ups, as you've yet to prove up.

It's not my job to help you find materials to support your argument, the onus is on you to do such. Put up or shut up, it's that simple.

2.) You have lied about being a sock of Nebaris on numerous occasions, even to this day. As well, it's comedic if you think I forgot about Count Kent, the user who literally made up every source he cited (and that was you).

The fact of the matter is: you are a liar. But, that's entirely besides the point, because for all I know, it's merely a case of a misinterpretation on his words. This isn't an uncommon occurrence, you know.

3.) Here are Darth Malak's words verbatim, towards the end of the discussion between Revan and himself:

"Once I defeat you in combat, no one will question my claim to the Sith throne; my triumph will be complete.

The Jedi Council were foolish to let you live. I won't make the same mistake. We shall finish this alone in the ancient Sith tradition; master versus apprentice, as it was meant to be!

Your friends do not give up easily, Revan, you always could inspire loyalty. But even the three of you together cannot stand against my power!"

Now, the majority of his dialogue is associated with how he betrayed Revan, his capture, and what the Jedi Council had done to his memories afterwards. I can post the entire discussion between the two, if need be.

I'd like you to point out to me at which point during their confrontation did Darth Malak comment on this. Is it before Revan's revelation (where he has numerous flashbacks, including the removing of his mask), or is it before/after you engage in combat with Darth Malak?

Let me know, if you can remember. Seeing as when examining the cutscene, he makes no mention of the Star Forge fueling his powers.

No.

Quote, now.

"Easy way out"? *rollseyes*

What you're attempting to do here is asinine, to say the least. You really can't bait me into believing you.

Indeed, it would seem that there'd be no reason in an ongoing argument unless you can produce this alleged quote, or supply anymore evidence. You must realize how often people misconstrue this type of thing, and sometimes they purposefully pervert them.

No, you haven't.

provide, v. to supply or equip

You have supplied your own words, not Malak's own (which is the proof). Until you show me such a quote, I'll maintain the default position of skepticism.

Again, I'm not saying your idea is totally impossible, but you haven't given me sufficient evidence; which things like fairy dust and faith aren't.

Apollo Cloud
A whole hour and ten minutes? I'm kind of flattered that it took so long. laughing out loud Anyways, just so you know, I now have the quote, but I'm not going to provide it until you ask without saying 'now'.

Advent
I'm no pizza delivery service, son. You get what I give when I want to give it.

Anyways, quote, now.

Apollo Cloud
Ask nicely, NOW!!

Gideon
You ought to stop with the 'baiting', Nebaris. It works on Lightsnake, on Darth Sexy, and on you and myself, but it won't work on Advent. As you well know, not everyone on here is without a life. If you'd like, we could start tabulating the time required that it takes you to respond against people.

Not that it matters, but the burden of proof is on your shoulders. If you don't wish to to provide it, it's not going to hurt Advent's feelings. Just your argument.

Advent
Do I look like an arcade? I'm no game, son. So don't try to play me like one. GIVE ME THE QUOTE...

NOW.

Apollo Cloud
OK guys, I think it's fairly obvious that someone is absolutely terrified of me supplying the quote, and simply just won't ask nicely. That someone could prove me wrong though...

Lightsnake
Please supply the quote.
There. Now, if you would...

Apollo Cloud
Not until Advent learns to respect her superiors.

Gideon

If that's the case, she doesn't have to respect anyone here.

Darth Subjekt
Or its fairly obvious that you don't have the quote, hence the delay...if its something that would help you win a debate, I don't think you would hesitate to provide it...

Apollo Cloud
Oh I don't need to win, I've already won, the hour and ten minutes says it all.

Apollo Cloud
Anyways:

Originally stated by Darth Malak
With all the added powers of the Star Forge, you three don't stand a chance against me.

So I take it I win then yeah?

Advent
I'm curious as to at which point in the dialogue he says this, because as far as I can remember, this is what he says:

Oh, and the real proof for that would be: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cY0wVvl-4xk

Apollo Cloud
Malak whispers it to Carth Onasi. Not many people are actually able to hear him, it's very quiet.

Janus X

*Cough* Superiors? *Cough*

S_W_LeGenD
Malak whispers it to Carth Onasi. Not many people are actually able to hear him, it's very quiet.
It was Admiral Saul who did that. He revealed to him the true identity of our main character.

Kadesh
Wow nebaris is getting his rectum torn apart, provide the quote dick head and do as YOUR superiors say(Ls Ds Advent and gideon)

Lord Melkor
Does this Apollo guy you for some reason call Noobaris have an inferiority complex?

Janus X
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Does this Apollo guy you for some reason call Noobaris have an inferiority complex?

Yes.

Btw: Hes called Noobaris, hes originally Nebaris, and socked so many times.

Advent
Originally posted by Kadesh
provide the quote dick head

If it wasn't obvious already, Nebaris was simply making that shit up. Most likely in an attempt to prolong a debate he already knew he would lose. I've already shown what Darth Malak actually says, so there's really no point in arguing further at this point.

Apollo Cloud
Ok, you're just being catty now Advent.

Lord Melkor
What does it mean "catty"?

jollyjim311
Ok, you're just being catty now Advent. Yo mai posts r suck now kthkbai.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by darthsith19
Kas'im beats Malak. it's a bit close but I have no doubt in my mind that Kas'im takes it.
This will be a close fight. Kas'im can defeat Malak in Saber fight but in case of Force mastery, Malak has the edge.

Originally posted by darthsith19
Sirak beats Bandon. Again, it's a bit close, but I still have no doubt in my mind that Sirak takes it. He does know multiple forums and can move so fast he's a blur, and was strong enough that people thought he may be the Sith'ari. What is Bandon's greatest feat.?
I do not understand that how you came to this conclusion?

It is true that Sirak was a promising student in his time but so was Bandon. SW Databank clearly indicates that Bandon was strong in the Force and has killed many Jedi.

Bandon also knew offensive techniques like Force Lightning and Force Drain. While Sirak could unleash Force Lightning but he have not demonstrated Force Drain.

I think that Bandon can possibly defeat Sirak.

Conclusion:

This is a close fight. Team 1 can win in some cases and so can Team 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.