Spiderman 3: The Rewrite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thundar
Having already read reviews detailing the plot of Spiderman 3, I have to say I'm a bit dissappointed with the way in which the movie has presented the two most iconic characters to the Spidey mythos, Sandman and Venom. Without further adieu - I will now present my own version of the plot for Spiderman 3, albeit an extremely condensed version, which I believe does the all of the characters in the movies justice.

SpiderMan 3 Rewrite:

Beginning

The movie starts out with Peter, Mary Jane and Aunt May attending Harry Osborne's funeral. Peter is holding Mary Jane's hand with one hand, taking time every several minutes or so to wipe away the tears streaming down her cheeks. His other arm is tightly grasped around his aunt May, who seems to be the most distraught over Harry's death.

Harry was like a second son to her, and the passing of so many close individuals(Her husband, Norman Osborn, and now Harry) within the past several years is more than a woman of her age can bear.

Oddly enough, Peter seems the least distraught over the death of his friend, and his face possesses somewhat of a cold blank-emotionless expression to it, as the pastor reads his best friend's eulogy. The camera now begins to slowly zoom in on Peter's expressionless face as the eulogy continues - and the audience can now hear the sound of Harry's voice, over the now muffled sound of the Pastor's reading.

***Flashback sequence begins****
Harry in the new Goblin costume: You've had this coming for a long time Pete!!

Harry and Peter battle it out, pretty much in the same way Rami portrays their battle in his version of Spiderman 3 -- except Peter is much more agressive in this version, as a now crazed-maniacal and ruthless Harry Osborne has kidnapped Mary Jane, with the intent of killing her as well as Peter because of his father's death.

This flashback of the final battle between Harry and Peter goes on for about 15-25 minutes with the normal superhero fighting fair, ending with Peter eventually having to take the life of Harry, in order to protect the life of himself and Mary Jane.

The final scene of the flashback shows Peter crouched on the ground, holding Harry's near lifeless body up close to his, with Mary Jane standing above them on a nearby rooftop.

Harry then utter's his final words to Peter

Harry: "I always knew you'd be the guy she'd pick -- take care of her Einstein..."

The camera then begins to pan away from Peter and the flashback ends..

***end of flashback******

LORDSIDIOUS01
See the film first. laughing laughing

Thundar
Part 2:

The next scene brings us back to the present, with Peter and his Aunt May just returning home from the funeral. Still distraught over Harry's death, she begins to pound her fists against Peter's chest, and exclaims in a loud voice --

Aunt May: Why do so many people have to die Peter?! Why?!!

Peter doesn't know how to answer, as he can tell in his heart that his Aunt May knows that he had something to do with Harry's death. So instead if answering - he gives her a kiss on the cheek, and decides to depart from the residence, giving her a chance to grieve.

Peter: Good bye Aunt May. I love you. Call me if you need anything.

Scene now switches over to the Daily Bugel - where Jonah begins whining about Parker taking off so much time from the Bugel, and not providing him with any recent Photo's incriminating Spiderman. Just as he starts blathering about Parker's incompentency, his secretary walks into his office:

Secretary: Mr. Jameson
Jonah: What?!!
Secretary: Your interview is here sir...
Jonah: Yeah..yeah..send him in...

In walks a brash-cocky looking young man, about 5 foot 10 in height with a briefcase and camera case --

Young Man: How ya doing Jonah?
Jonah: Jonah's what my friends call me..

The man put's on a rye smile and pulls out some photos from his briefcase...

Young Man: And your friends are the one's who make you money..

Jonah first frowns at the man before, snatching the pictures from his hands -- He then looks at the pictures..and begins to smile.

*note* audience can't see the pictures yet..

Jonah then stands up and shakes the kid's hand, and calls in his secretary again..

Jonah: What's your name kid?
Young Man: Brock..Eddie Brock...Jonah..

Jonah: Let's get one thing straight Brock, only my friends call me Jonah....but the people who make me money..they can call me J.J!!Congratulations..you're the Bugle's no on scene freelance and interview photographer!!

*shouts to secretary*

Jonah: Call HR, tell em Parker's Fired!!

Thundar
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
See the film first. laughing laughing

I'm going to see it, but I can tell they've already f*cked it up..wink

Thundar
Part 3:

Peter is in a NY Police station, going over some things involving Harry's death in one of the detectives offices.

Detective: Osborne had a rap sheet a mile long - problem is we could never prosecute him or his father. Not hard to understand why the guy snapped like he did, just like his father -- embezzlement, stock manipulation, you name it - Harry was into it. I'm starting to think that his problem was more genetic than it was financial. Craziness runs in families ya know..

Peter: Yeah..I know..

The Detective walks up to his office door, looks around - and then quietly shuts it. He then sit's down with Peter.

Detective: Well anyway..you and Mary Jane are completely exonerated of any guilt in this issue, we've checked your stories, and the evidence behind them - and they're consistant. DA's aren't interested in going after anyone on this one anyway, you're practically the city hero to the DA on this one - almost bigger than Spider Man. And even if ya murdered him -- no one in this city would prosecute. The Osbornes were the scum of white collar and only God knows what else, I'm just sorry you and your family ---

Peter: Please Detective..can we just get to the real reason why I'm here...it's been a rough day..my family and I..

Detective: Right..understood kid, anyway -- I brought you here today regarding your Uncle Ben's case. I need you to tell me what you know about your Uncle Ben, his profession -- and anything else you know about him --

Peter: I don't know what he did for a living sir..all I know is that he always put food on the table, and did a good job taking care of my Aunt May and I after my parent's death...

Detective pulls out a photo of a rough looking man, with a crue cut -- wearing a green and black stripped t-shirt, and brown khaki pants.

Detective: Did you ever see this man with your Uncle Ben?

Peter: Peter ponders for a bit...the picture seems familiar...

Detective: Well we believe he may have had something to do with your uncle's death, we think he was the trigger man..

Peter: What?! But..I know I --

Detective abruptly interrupts: I'm sorry Peter, but you really don't know the half of it. Your Uncle had a lot of connections - and well, he was an associate with the "trigger man" in the picture. The trigger man's name is Marko..

Peter: I think I heard Uncle Ben mention that name before..when I was in junior high...i'm not sure though...

Detective glares at Peter solemnly before quickly interrupting...

Detective: Think about it some more..and get back to me if you can come up with anything else. It's getting late kid, I better let you go. Have a nice night.

Peter: you too..

Detective: and remember kid...self defense, isn't murder. Sometimes you have to take a life, in order to save one.

Peter walks out of the police station, and the detective glares at him solemnly out the window, as Peter hops on his scooter on his way home...

Detective to himself: Good luck Parker..you're going to need it in these coming years.

Thundar
Part 3:

Time now shifts several weeks ahead. Mary Jane has just finished auditioning for a part in a play, and is returning to the apartment that she now shares with Peter. Peter now works at Empire State University full time as a Lab assistant to Dr. Connors. Jameson has hired Peter back on at the Bugel part time as a fee-lance photographer, mainly to be used when Brock is away on assignments. There is very heavy competition now between him and Brock at the company.

In addition to all this change, Peter has now become obsessed with his Uncle Ben's murder, particularly this new guy named Marko that the Detective introduced him too. He's been doing exstensive research on Marko and his relation to Uncle Ben during the coming weeks, and the series of events stays pretty consistent with Raimi's SM3, as Peter tracks down the mysterious Flint Marko - known in the underworld as the Sandman, due to a lucky vial of sand he carries with him at all times.

The story now brings us to the scene where Marko gains his abilities, however, with this rendition of the story - Peter now also gains his new suit abilities and amplified powers due to the same accident that gave Marko his.

While in a revenge like crazed state trying to avenge his uncle's death, Peter knocks Marko into a vat of chemicals which give's various organic/inorganic substances the properties of other substances. Marko becomes the Sandman because of this as his entire suit as well as his body now are composed of his "lucky" sand. Peter's body remains unaffected by the mixture, due to it's already mutated state and due to an immunity the radioactive spider bite gives him. However his Spider Man suit has no such immunity. The suit begins to take on the properties of Peter's Peter's Radiactive DNA, copying all his powers, as well as copying his current vengeful personality, all the while giving it a dark vengeful personality all of its own.

Marko get's away using his new sandman powers. Shocked by Marko's mutation and near limitless power, Peter retreats - not realizing that his suit has gone through a transformation as well.

Thundar
Part 4:

Peter returns home to Mary Jane in the black suit which immediately scares her with it. Peter finally recognizes the color change of the suit, and begins to take the suit off before he hops into the shower.

We also get to see more of the antagonism between Peter and Brock at the Bugel, as their rivalry now get's a bit more michevious, particularly when Peter has begun to use the same tricks that cost him his job, back on Brock. Brock looses his position at the Bugel, and we get to see some scenes were Brock is starting to become a bit deranged and angst riddent against Peter after losing his position.

The story from this point delves into the same thing that Raimi did with it, doing the whole "Dark Peter" storyline - as Peter get's cocky with the powers the new suit give's him, not realizing that the suit has become symbiotic until about halfway through the movie.

Once he learns of the true evil nature that the suit now has, he goes to the only person he believes he can help him in this situation, Doctor Curt Connors.

At this point the bond between Peter and Connors has become so strong, that Peter feels comfortable revealing his identity to Connors - particularly due to the fact that he is now in a desparate situation - not being able to separate himself from the suit. Connor's takes a portion of the suit analyzes it, and after several hours(which goes by within minutes in the movie) inadvertently find's out that the suit is vulnerable to sonics with one of the sound amplifiers in the lab, that goes off during the testing.

Peter seems relieved of Connors discovery, however, Conner's exclaims that he doesn't possess the level of sonic devices within his lab that can kill the suit without harming or potentially killing Peter. Peter then has a flashback to Harry's funeral after Connors has said this, thinking about the Cathederal they were at - before Harry was burried, bells begin to ring in the flashback, and Peter hears the voice of his Uncle Ben, and then of the Detective during the flashback:

Uncle Ben: With great power come's great responsability..
Detective: Sometimes you have to take a life in order to save one...

Peter now knows what he has to do. He webslings to the church, and find's his way to the Bell Tower, and the rest remains the same as Raimi's version. Eddie Brock is praying for Parker to get his just due - when the suit envelops him - creating Peter's most dangerous nemesis --Venom!!

Thundar
Part 5:

Brock terrorizes the city for a bit of the story, all the while not revealing his true identity to Peter. They have several encounters during this time, each time Venom getting the upperhand, however, during one of these times Venom displays another one of his weaknessess - that weakness being fire. Still even after finding out this newfound vulnerability, Venom proves to be an extremely difficult - nigh indestructable and cunning foe to Peter, as he makes everyone in NY think that the terrorizing is actually being caused by Spider Man - using the suits mimickry abilities. During this time, Brock also terrorizes Mary Jane, eventually revealing his identity, and even going as far as to mimick Peter for a bit in an effort to destroy their relationship. All of this is Brock's plan to humilate and destroy Peter's life, before he eventually kills him and eat's his brain.(something that the suit causes him to say, as Brock at this point is completely under the suits control)

While all this is going on, Peter still continues to try and track down Marko.

Fast forwarding towards the end of the movie, we find out that Marko was not the triggerman in killing Ben Parker, however, and we learn that the two were actually good friends. Sandman's daughter, wife, and family were being held by some Crime Lord boss, who he and Ben Parker had worked for in the past. This boss had connections all over New York city -- in fact all over the world. And marko was tricked into taking the blame for killing Ben Parker unwillingly.

Peter is still upset with Marko, angry over the fact that Marko knew of his Uncles impending death and could have helped prevent it. He and Sandman continue to battle, Sandman reluctantly so - with Peter being the main agressor. Just as Peter is about to deliver a devastating blow to Marko - it's at that moment when Venom pop's into the equation, taking Peter by surprise due to the suit's ability to override Peter's Spider Sense, and knocking him to the ground with a near fatal blow. While Peter still reeling helplessly from the sneak attack, both Sandman and Venom stand over Peter, and Venom begins a dialogue with Marko.

Venom: Thank you for delivering this tasteful morseful to mee...I'll take over from here..now scat..before I find out what the sand brains taste like..

Marko: I'm not delivering anything to you..Spider-Man and I have business to settle..

Venom: Parker is mine -- and he will die by my hands..
Sandman..however..my other and I are in a frisky mood tonight..so we don't have any problems playing before dinner time....

A battle ensues between Venom and Sandman. The battle eventually involves a very wounded Peter, making it to a gas station as Venom follows him after subduing Marko. Peter then walks up to the gas station attendant:

Peter: Do you have a lighter?

Gas Station Attendant: S..sure..thing Spider Man.

Peter: Turn on pump five..and then get out of here..

The gas station attendant turns on pump five and from the station as Venom approaches and then yells to Venom..to make him aware of his presence

Peter: Hey Venom?

Venom: You're ready to die aren't you..I'll be happy to help you in that endeavor....

Peter: Not today...

Venom lunges as the wounded peter -- peter webs his face with what's left of his webbing, giving him enough time to access pump five...Gasoline is poured all over Venoms body...and throws the lighter at him..a flaming Venom trudges towards him..

Venom: The flame burns...but my hate for you burns stronger......

Venom lunges towards Peter who is paralyzed in fear by Venom's reslience -- unfortunately, Venom is abruptly stopped from tackling Peter by a wall of sand which blocks his assualt, as well as envelops him...

Sandman: Forget about me ugly?

Sandman completely covers Venom with a thick walls of sand..the only thing visible at the top of the sand walls is Marko's head..he then motions to Peter..

Sandman: Peter - I couldn't save your Uncle, but at least I can save you - and maybe your parent's as well...

Peter: My parents?

Sandman: They're still alive..go find them Peter...

Peter: you know I'm?!!!

Sandman: I always knew..find them Peter..before he get's to them and kills them!!

Peter: Who?!!

Sandman: The Cuu..Uhh!!!

Venom begins to get some of his tendrils though the sand wall..

Sandman: Run Peter!! Run!!

Peter Webslings away quickly with his remaining strength..Sandman creates flint rock out of the sand and bashes a whole in pump 5..

Sandman to Venom who's still encased inside of him, struggling to get out: You don't seem to like Fire do you?

Sandman creates a spark out of the flint rock shard he's created with his body, the pump blows - setting off a chain reaction which blows up all the pumps at the gas station, presumably taking Brock along with Sandman with it in the explosion.

Thundar
Final Part:
Several Months have passed by, and Peter has finally proposed to Mary Jane. The two are making wedding plans, and getting over the tragedies of Harry, Venom, and Sandman.

Still, with Sandman and Venom dead or presumably missing - Peter once again finds himself at the police station talking to the same Detective that he spoke with earlier in the movie.

Detective: So let me get this straight Parker, Marko told you that he had nothing to do with your Uncles death, and he stated that someone else is responsible...

Peter: Yes sir..

Detective: And how did you get this information..did Spider Man tell you?

Peter: Yes..I try to get him good press, and he helps me out in different ways when I get him this press..

Another detective knocks on the door as Peter and the original Detective are talking.

Detective: Excuse me for a second Peter.

The detective walks out of the room, and into a separate one with the other detectivve.

Detective 2: I got some good news man, we just found Brock, he was found roaming in a homeless shelter - several days ago..guy has seemed to be loony - off his rocker..keeps chanting the word venom every couple minutes or so...I think we should put him in the joint a bit, there seems to be a dna link between him and some of those murders in the city several months ago

Detective: Good news, book him and keep him in there!! I don't want any lawyers talking to this guy!!

Detective2: Got it...

Detective re-enters the room with Peter --

Detective: It's been a long day Peter, why don't you go home, we can discuss the rest of this stuff later.

Peter leaves the police station..and the detective watches him as he goes...the detective exits the police station, and hops into a cruiser. He drives the cruiser into a building, when he steps out of the cruiser, we see that his clothing and attire have changed, however, we cannot see his face.

He goes to the top floor of the secluded building, all the while his face not being revealed during this time.

Several men bow down to him and great him as he enters the top suite in the building, and the camera finally pans on his face, which is covered in a white chalky substance. A flat headed man bows down to him.

Flat headed man: Greetings Lord Chameleon..did all go as planned?
Chameleon: Yes the order of the sinister six will soon be completed Hammerhead, and our only obstacle -- Spider-Man, will soon be eliminated.

End?

Thundar
Coming Soon: Spider Man 4: The Sinister Six

Summary:

Peter and Mary Jane are married. Her modeling and acting career has taken off. Peter's doing fairly well as a junior researcher at Empire State Universtity, and his boss at empire state, Dr Kurt Connors, has done some unusual things with the sample of the DNA he took from the symbiote - and believes that with it as well as with the DNA samples he's taken from reptiles who can replicate body parts, he may have found a way to duplicate the symbiote's dna replicating and regenerative abilities in humans. Testing this process on himself, Connors inadvertently makes a mistake in his calculations and transforms himself into the nefarious lizard.

The Chameleon has begun forming a Sinister Six recruiting Venom, Hammerhead, as well as several other associates that will form a new order that will take over the world, and manages to convince Connors alter Ego Lizard to join them.

Finding out about Chameleons plan and remembering Sandman's word's regarding the lives of his parents, Peter embarks on a Journey to Find people who can help him against the Chameleon and his Sinister Six, and is lead to Russia where he has been informed of an elite fighting force of Mercanies may be able to help him.

spencerspider
Dude, you should really see the movie it is awesome..

Micheal_Myers
Your re write isnt all that bad.I like the fact that your version gives Venom more screen time.But overall Raimi's is better.

PiruBlood
i liked the fi9lm but if they removed the whole emo peter garbage mixed with adding 2 deaths then we would have a great film. keep harry as the number 1 death but also kill of mj

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Your re write isnt all that bad.I like the fact that your version gives Venom more screen time.But overall Raimi's is better.

There are a lot of people crying on here. Rami's movie made 150 in the first weekend. The script may not be perfect, but it works.

Mobra
I like how you mentioned that Sandman is iconic, and put in the Sinister Six. . .with Hammerhead and Chameleon no less.

I have to be honest, I didn't read all of it I just skimmed around but I can already tell I liked the actual version better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.