David Yates to Direct HBP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
David Yates, director of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix told SciFi Wire today that he is confirmed in directing the next installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

According to Yates, "I am doing Half-Blood Prince, and I'm doing it because I love the world, I love the characters. I think I have more business with this world and these characters.

I've made a kind of tonal shift with the fifth film, which I want to continue and develop into the sixth film. And I can see the fifth story evolving into the sixth story in a really interesting way. So I'm on a journey with this material and this world, and I'm keen to complete it."

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which is now in preproduction, is scheduled for release November 21st, 2008.

Courtesy me. smile From The Leaky Cauldron.net

Rogue, you really shouldn't have done this, my ego's inflated a hundredfold now that I don't have to thank Mugglenet for my news anymore. big grin

Barker
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Rogue, you really shouldn't have done this, my ego's inflated a hundredfold now that I don't have to thank Mugglenet for my news anymore. big grin
You can say that again.

siriuswriter

Barker
haermm

RoguePw25
I'm so glad David is doing HBP! The Order of Phoenix looks like it's going to be totally good so I hope he works his magic with the next film as well.

Yay siriuswriter! You're doing a FANTASTIC job with the site! big grin

Neha
happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.