Kyo Kusanagi vs Oro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Through one of his father's contacts, Kyo Kusanagi finds out that Ryu is training in the Amazon rainforests of Brazil.

Sure enough, he finds Ryu, but what he sees shock even him: Ryu, in the horse stance, holding a massive boulder above his head. Kyo quickly gets over his shock.

Kyo: I finally found you, Ryu! I want our rematch!

Ryu: (strained) I'm...a bit busy here...Kusanagi...

Kyo then hears someone chuckling. On top of the boulder, is an old man, seated Indian-style, tossing a smaller boulder with one hand.

Oro: So...you must be the latest Kusanagi descendant. I've seen better.

Kyo is insulted by this remark from the Sennin.

Kyo: What did you say?!

Oro: Don't get too cocky, boy. I've seen worse too. You think you're on top of the world because you posess the Magatama flames? (Kyo is surprized) Yes...I know all about the Magatama flames, as well as the blood feud with Yagami. I even know about your battle with Orochi. You pretty much got off light. If you didn't have those flames of yours, you'd be dead by now.

Kyo is fuming.

Kyo: I came here to fight Ryu, not to be insulted by an old man!

Oro: I may be 140 years old, but I am in prime form, boy. (tosses his boulder aside and hops down).

Kyo: Are you kidding me? I am not going to fight a one-armed old man.

Oro: One arm you say? I still got the other one, but I'd much rather fight with one hand, since I might kill you with both hands.

Kyo: Many have tried to kill me. And since you want a shot at the title, you're on old man! Ikuze!

Oro: In your case, Kusanagi, I'd give you twenty years before you're ready to fight Ryu.

P-Geyser
Wow Snafu you really create such threads.

I would have to say Oro.

brainchild81
Oro beats the shit out of him.

King Nothing
Originally posted by brainchild81
Oro beats the shit out of him.

shin_remy
oro

Xenogears
Loves to prove my point, doesn't he?

Sado22
From KoF, the only guy from the regular cast that can beat Oro is Iori Yagami. Aside from him, they may put up a fight or may get squashed.
Kyo is of the former category and will definitely impress Oro. After all Kyo has lots of great battles to his credit and lots and lots of stamina.

regardless, Oro beats him up and sends him tied up to Iori as a challenge invitation. now Iori-Oro would be a good fight....and I'm pretty sure Iori will win.

~Sado

Superboy Prime
I don't think Iori would beat Oro.

BTW Oro curbstomps Kyo.

Sado22
i think Iori will even beat Akuma actually

~Sado

Superboy Prime
You're giving him way too much credit IMO, but hey fine by me.

King Nothing
Sado is just joking. . .I hope.

Emperor Ashtar
Sado, is most likely serious.

lightness
no way iori or kyo would last against oro. probably not even both at the same time.

shin_remy
sado is overhyping again

no offence dude

brainchild81
I think both Kyo & Iori would impress Oro, but that's about it. He still beats the shit out of them w/one arm

Sado22
seems emperor here knows me best! big grin
yes, people I'm being very serious. i know it seems i'm giving Iori too much credit but if we think about it, its not really that out of question:
-storywise Iori is the strongest character in the regular cast
-in fact he is actually a boss character, made into regular cast only because of his popularity.
-Iori was even stronger than Geonitz in KoF96, literally spat at Omega Rugal and was pwning the entire cast of KoF97 in a weaker state.

now...to me that clearly shows that he will at the very least promp Oro to become serious.

oh and you people want to hear something very, very, very frustrating. By the time SNK went bankrupt and Playmore took over.....Garou MOTW TWO was in production! in fact it was 70% complete!!!!!
Playmore took over and decided they were better off working on KoF and Samurai Showdown! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! mad

~Sado

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Sado22
seems emperor here knows me best! big grin
yes, people I'm being very serious. i know it seems i'm giving Iori too much credit but if we think about it, its not really that out of question:
-storywise Iori is the strongest character in the regular cast
-in fact he is actually a boss character, made into regular cast only because of his popularity.
-Iori was even stronger than Geonitz in KoF96, literally spat at Omega Rugal and was pwning the entire cast of KoF97 in a weaker state.

now...to me that clearly shows that he will at the very least promp Oro to become serious.

oh and you people want to hear something very, very, very frustrating. By the time SNK went bankrupt and Playmore took over.....Garou MOTW TWO was in production! in fact it was 70% complete!!!!!
Playmore took over and decided they were better off working on KoF and Samurai Showdown! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! mad

~Sado

Overhype, and unsupported, considering...
- Ash cherrypicked Riot Iori so his claim is hardly admissable.
-He had help (The best help he could ask for against a fullblood orochi like Goenitz, (so at the time he certainly WASN'T stronger than Goenitz.) Current Iori is stronger, but not at the time of the fight...
-neither Kyo nor Iori have any feats that can match up to Akuma, the ones they do have are backed upby their plot device against Orochi's, whitch are their biggest ones.
-Iori was NEVER a boss character (Exeption being Riot Iori), nor was he a boss calibur character at any particular point in time in comparison to the bosses att the time; Iori wasn't up to taking on O.Rugal single handed, and he needed help to take on Goentiz and Orochi. We don't see much of him during the NESTS affair, and then ge gets blindsided by Ash...

One other thing, you still havn't explained why Riot Iori is weaker than Regular Iori. ashe's vague quote won't cover that alone... allthat means is thatASH founditeasier to deal with RiotIori... thats not saying he's generally weaker than regularIori at all...

Sado22
...don't you have anything better to do darko...like getting a better keyboard for one.

~Sado

King Nothing
Oro one handed Ryu, who can walk all over Iori and R.Iori.

Sado22
you should know better than making stupidass baseless comments like that, King.

~Sado

shin_remy
Originally posted by King Nothing
Oro one handed Ryu, who can walk all over Iori and R.Iori.

big grin yeah smokin'

brainchild81
I really don't see Ryu beating O.Iori w/out help

Sado22
hence you don't see Ryu beating Iori either...welcome to the rational club, hated nemesis!

~Sado

King Nothing
I really don't see Ryu beating O.Iori w/out help Nah, R.Iori can't beat Ryu. Ryu has what I call "Straight Up Feats".
Not him whuping this person or that person, but "Straight Up Feats", like lifting tons, dodging bullets, being able to take chunks out of buildings, with normal special moves and such. And if you wanna use "The Other Kinds Of Feats", then. . .by the time of 3rd Strike Ryu is equal or greater to Evil Ryu and we all know R.Iori would be killed by Evil Ryu. Evil Ryu is as strong as Alpha Akuma, or at least on a similar level. Akuma at that time sunk an island. Not even the mighty R.Iori can beat the lame karate fighter that is Ryu.

Gouki
Let's not go on a tangent. Oro takes this match because of the fact that he is one of the most impressive fighters in the Street Fighter Universe, he managed to hold his own against Gouki, who arguably is the strongest fighter as far as their universe is concerned. Oro himself as a testament to how strong his power is, has not bothered to train for half a century!

Sado22
i've said this before but no one in SF is effortlessly destroying cities. Goenitz did that (yes he sucks but at least in game he is powerful). Iori is STRONGER than that...always was back in KoF96. Vice and mature literally betrayed Goenitz because they found this out.
next year in KoF97, it took the whole cast of KoF97 to stop him and that version is actually weaker version of Iori. Iori has only grown in strength since then.
Evil ryu at most could only scar sagat (that too when sagat didn't see it cmoing). the closest to evil ryu ryu came then, was psycho ryu, and he got pwned all the same by Sagat. not to mention that "evil" ryu is so weak that he can't even put a scar on Hugo lardass (apparently SF3 ryu is as strong as SFA Eveil ryu)....and he did the shinshoryuken and still failed to even KO Hugo.
on one hand we have a guy who can't KO regular human beings with all his might and on the other hand we have a guy who is stronger than dieties that can turn a full city to rumbe with a glimpse of their power. sure.

~Sado
P.S. gouki is right...lets not get into a tangent now. you spoke your mind and now i'm speaking mine. but lets call it quits...these things never get anywhere (1 year of experience)

shin_remy
ABC logic.... ugh

Sado22
how the **** is that ABC logic?!
and how the **** is what I'm saying different from what King Nothing just said regarding Orochi Iori and Evil Ryu?!

Emperor Ashtar
What does Ryu have to with this topic, why the **** is his name mentioned in every topic that's not about him?

brainchild81
This might actually be King Nothing's fault this time.

Sado22
whistle

2D_MASTER
Wtf, if Oro beat Ryu with on hand... he would ***** slap Kyo then spank him and send him home to daddy.

King Nothing
This might actually be King Nothing's fault this time. Yeah, I know.

I just bought him up like if he will get his ass beaten by Oro, then Kyo will definitely get his ass torn.

Kicking Ryu's ass with one hand is a feat of sorts.

Sado22
sure...since Kyo could KO a god with one punch and Ryu couldn't even knockdown a lardass like Hugo. sure, you have a point.
love the avatar.
GUTS FOR LIFE!!!!!

~Sado

2D_MASTER
sure...since Kyo could KO a god with one punch and Ryu couldn't even knockdown a lardass like Hugo. sure, you have a point.
love the avatar.
GUTS FOR LIFE!!!!!

~Sado

I like the sarcasm. And thanks for the avatar comment. But hey, Kyo only beat Orochi because his flames were the only thing that COULD hurt Orochi, not becuase he was nessesarily all that bad ass. Oh yeah Hugo isnt a "lardass" that guy is RIPPED, probably the biggest bicepts in any game (SVC choas).

Sado22
sarcasm is my middle name! stick out tongue
Hey guts is my favorite anime and manga character of all time and berserk is my favorite manga of all time. Guts for life!

the part of kusanagi flames being the only thing that can hurt Orochi is fan folklore, just like stuff like "more stamina and power is part of Kusanagi bloodline" which is untrue. no source, no book, no interview that I have ever read (and i've read a lot by the way) ever has anyone claim that Orochi had weakness against the flames. the only reason Kyo put the sleeper on Orochi was cuz of his power.

you know what else: come KoFKyo and we find out that the flame techniques of the kusanagi and yagami is not unlike ryu using flames in shakunetsu hadouken....its an art and a style of combat. That is why Shingo could even weild flames towards KoF2003 and Kyo's cousin Aoi was able to weild Yagami purple flames. its got nothing to do with blood line. its merely an art of combat. KLantis pulls lot of his info from his keister that is why so many misideas.

oh and should be mentioned that K', who is almost as good as kyo (if not as good or even better) was able to KO Igniz. Igniz is even more powerful than Orochi since he's also a diety....a freaking god. K' knocked him down. No doubt Kyo could have done the same.

you get my point? The whole plot device thing is a baseless claim by Kyo/Iori haters.

~The Knowledgable Expert KoF Encyclopedia Sado-sama

Emperor Ashtar
Jobbing aside, how is Kyo and Iori supposed to beat Oro?

Sado22
I never said Kyo is beating Oro. I just he's gonna put up a good fight.
I DID say Iori is beating Oro, though, IMO...like 6 or 7/10.

well here is some of ore-sama's most beloved A>B>C logic:
-Iori is stronger than Goenitz who could wreck a city with a glimpse of his power
-Iori was able to neutralize a GOD (KoF97 and Iori has only gotten a LOT stronger since then)

last i checked neither akuma nor oro were wrecking up cities effortlessly nor were they gods capable of destroying the world.

the greatest thing Oro has done is lift a boulder with one hand....not really a comparison to destroying a city with a flick of your hand is it?

Iori has great speed, claws, great power, inhuman stamina, and flames that were able to scortch and neutralize a god. sort of takes the cake doesn't it? Oro is powerful as hell but aside from that he hasn't really shown anything else worth mentioning....except bad clothes and being uglier than my left nut.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
I never said Kyo is beating Oro. I just he's gonna put up a good fight.
I DID say Iori is beating Oro, though, IMO...like 6 or 7/10.

well here is some of ore-sama's most beloved A>B>C logic:
-Iori is stronger than Goenitz who could wreck a city with a glimpse of his power
-Iori was able to neutralize a GOD (KoF97 and Iori has only gotten a LOT stronger since then)

last i checked neither akuma nor oro were wrecking up cities effortlessly nor were they gods capable of destroying the world.

the greatest thing Oro has done is lift a boulder with one hand....not really a comparison to destroying a city with a flick of your hand is it?

Iori has great speed, claws, great power, inhuman stamina, and flames that were able to scortch and neutralize a god. sort of takes the cake doesn't it? Oro is powerful as hell but aside from that he hasn't really shown anything else worth mentioning....except bad clothes and being uglier than my left nut.

~Sado

Sado, no offense, But can you form an argument just this once without mentioning characters that are not relevant to this match just this once mane?

King Nothing
Goenitz can't wreck a city with a glimpse of his power. Goenitz cant wreck a city at full power. The portal he opened did.

Sado22
the portal was part of his power...genius.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Who cares what Goatnutz can do, if he can destroy a city why lose to some guy with purple?

Xenogears
Originally posted by King Nothing
Goenitz can't wreck a city with a glimpse of his power. Goenitz cant wreck a city at full power. The portal he opened did. That's like saying Shang Tsung can't wreck an island with his power. The portal he opened in did. laughing out loud

King Nothing
the portal was part of his power...genius.

~Sado Goenitz can't wreck a city. You make it sound as if he can shoot a chi blast and destroy it.Originally posted by Sado22
That's like saying Shang Tsung can't wreck an island with his power. The portal he opened in did. laughing out loudYou stay out of this, you probably don't even know who Goenitz is. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.