Time-Stream Warriors (signup and discussion)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shadow Okami
An evil scientist has built a device in order to bring the most famous historical figures to the present, putting them at his beck and call, in an attempt to take over the world. Something goes horribly wrong, though, and they retain their self-awareness. While some choose to help him... some only want to stop him and get back to their own period.

(yes, i have permission before anyone asks...)

Name:

Appearance:

Weapons/Fighting Style:

Personality:

Alignment: (they can work for or against the scientist...)

Bio: (give us a brief background over who your character was)

Other: (for anything else you may wish to add on your character...)

Shadow Okami
RULES:

Please, let me stress that I'd like to keep the figures limited to REAL PEOPLE who once lived... Let's make sure that they were once alive, but are dead now.

Posts must be at least 4-5 good sentences. Short posts create a negative environment for those of us who put time and effort into them, and as such, I would like to keep it at least a paragraph.

By good sentences, I mean don't say (for example) "Jack ran into the room. He turned the corner. Someone was there. He was startled." Instead, turn this into one or two sentences. "Jack ran into the room, turning the corner quickly, and was startled to see that someone wa there."

No bashing other members. If you have a problem with someone's RP style, take it up with me.

Other than that, have fun. Enjoy this.

Shadow Okami
Name: Jack the Ripper

Appearance: historically, unknown. for this RP, he will be 5' 10 1/2", weighing in at around 156 Lbs. his hair will be shoulder length, a deep auburn colour. his eyes are ice blue. clothing will consist of a 19th century three-piece suit, the shirt being black, the vest red, and the jacket and pants black. he wears black boots, and, oftentimes, a black trenchcoat with a scarlet lining. in history, people portray him wearing a top hat, though I think it destroys his image, so here... he will have no hat.

Weapons/Fighting Style: Jack the Ripper is proficient with knives, so I'll give him a set of knives and some throwing daggers.

Personality: Typical signs of a sexual sadist are the fact that they love to be in control. They tend to be the aggressor of a situation, so it is very unlikely that the sadist would submit to someone else's orders or demands without putting up even a small argument. As such, I'll be playing him as the stubborn, very dark type of person.

Alignment: Despite what you all may think... I'm going to play him AGAINST the scientist

Bio: In history, Jack the Ripper is perhaps the most well-known of all serial killers. Personally, I view him as a vigilante of sorts. He is most well-known for the Whitechapel murders of multiple prostitutes in 1888. While the Ripper was never caught, many theories as to whom his identity belonged have arisen. Most believe that he was a learned man in the surgical trade, and others subscribe to the theory that his murders had something to do with covering up a royal scandal in which Prince William had impregnated a prostitute. As such, the Ripper was supposedly sent to kill anyone and everyone who could endanger the integrity of the royal family. Personally, I subscribe to the theory that Jack was sexually abused by his mother while he was growing up, thus he showed a resentment toward women in general, but mainly the ones who he saw as taking advantage sexually of men. Thus, back to my "vigilante" theory. He felt he was cleaning up the streets of Whitechapel.

Survivor01
Name: Nobunaga Oda

Appearance: Picture

Weapons/Fighting Style: He uses a fine crafted katana still brand-new from Edo. His fighting style is Bushido.

Personality: He is very determined and mean spirited at times. He is not afraid to kill anyone who gets in his way. Not afraid to speak his mind and will rebuke those who speak theirs.

Alignment: Nobunaga works for the scientist

Bio: Nobunaga was born to a rich family in Japan and was one of three children. Even as a child he did whatever it took to get on top. Even as far as killing his opponents during kendo training. Since he had been taught by the greatest swordsman know in all of Japan he was matched by none. Rising to power quickly he set off to find the most skilled fighters all over Japan and to raise his armies.

Other: He is extremely intimidating and admirable at the same time.

Marie-Lee
Name:
Joan/Jeanne d'Arc

Appearance:

Weapons/Fighting Style:
Pankration. Sword and shield mastery.

Personality:
Very male-like. The thing she hates the most is when someone believe fighting is a mans job.

Alignment:
Neutral. Has to be persuaded in one direction.

Bio:
http://www.chsbs.cmich.edu/Robert_Root/Eng326/Joan.htm

Marie-Lee
With clothes, of course happy

Survivor01
If your character hates it when people think only men should be fighting then your character will love mine. In all of his years of power he had well over 1,000 female warriors.

Shadow Okami
nice job, guys... i'll start the thread tomorrow... i wanna give a few more people a chance to signup, but i promise i'll get this up and running as soon as possible, kk?

smile

Wild-Cherry
Ill post as soon as I can write a decent paragraph XD

Survivor01
Originally posted by Shadow Okami
nice job, guys... i'll start the thread tomorrow... i wanna give a few more people a chance to signup, but i promise i'll get this up and running as soon as possible, kk?

smile

Take your time man. I rushed my Star-Craft RP and didn't give anyone time to develope a character and it flunked. Don't rush haha

TBJ
Name: Yousuf Al-Ayyubi alias Salah Al-Din or Saladin
Appearance: See: pic
Weapons/Fighting Style: Saif
Personality: Merciful, Wise, Compassionate, Benevolent
Alignment: Against the Scientist
Bio: (c. 1138 - March 4, 1193), Sultan of Egypt and Syria, was a twelfth century Kurdish Muslim general and warrior from Tikrit, in present day northern Iraq. He founded the Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt, Syria, Yemen (except for the Northern Mountains), Iraq, Mecca, Hejaz and Diyar Bakr.

Survivor01
Originally posted by TBJ
Name: Yousuf Al-Ayyubi alias Salah Al-Din or Saladin
Appearance: See: pic
Weapons/Fighting Style: Saif
Personality: Merciful, Wise, Compassionate, Benevolent
Alignment: Against the Scientist
Bio: (c. 1138 - March 4, 1193), Sultan of Egypt and Syria, was a twelfth century Kurdish Muslim general and warrior from Tikrit, in present day northern Iraq. He founded the Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt, Syria, Yemen (except for the Northern Mountains), Iraq, Mecca, Hejaz and Diyar Bakr.

Don't you find it weird how our guys seem almost completely opposite?

True Geek
Name: George Washington
Appearance: http://www.usconstitution.com/georgewashington11.gif (smallest pic I could find)
Weapons: A fairly innacurate pistol and a curved one-handed sword known as a sabre.
Personality: Righteous, modest, private, and civil.
Alignment: Against the scientist.
Bio: George Washington was born on a planter farm in Virginia where he learned manners and knowledge. He had interests in military arts and western expansion, and these interests made him battle in the French-Indian War. He became Commander-in-chief for the Revolutionary War. Shortly after the victory of Yorktown, he got taken to the modern time with a scientist who he thought was very rude, especially with the whole "wanting to take over the world" thing.

There, it's done! Yay! I hope it's good enough.

Marie-Lee
George Washington is a interesting choice big grin

Shadow Okami
okay, i have finals right now and through 10:55, then I won't be online again until this evening, but once I get back on, I plan to open the game. everyone else can join at will as they wish...

TBJ
And here's the pic!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Saladin2.jpg

True Geek
Originally posted by Marie-Lee
George Washington is a interesting choice big grin Yeah, he doesn't seem like much of a fighter... hoover

Shadow Okami
anyone wanna take the scientist? krill's not gonna be back, and i don't have a way to start without the scientist...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.