Uncanny X-Men vs Mighty Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Meh... don't think this has been done. Standard rules. Fight in the African Savannah.
Standard rules. 10 minutes prep.
Sentry removed, because if he's here what's the point?

UXM
Nightcrawler
Darwin
Havok
Polaris
Marvel Girl
Warpath

vs

NA
Ares
Black Widow
Iron Man (pre-Extremis)
Ms. Marvel
Wasp
Wonder Man

321Go.

golem370
Ares or Wonder Man take down Warpath

llagrok
How strong is marvel Ares exactly? I imagine this coming down to Polaris and him. Although Marvel girl is powerful even without the phoenix.

Hercules
Officialy hes around class 70 or so but Bendis is set to change all that.

Hes meant to be as strong as Pluto and Neptune but not as Strong as Zeus or Hercules.

Bendis though is set to make him a major powerhouse so I would say hes going to be up there in the class 100's.

llagrok
Well, the full extent of Darwin's powers aren't known yet. Same with warpath I think.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by llagrok
How strong is marvel Ares exactly? I imagine this coming down to Polaris and him. Although Marvel girl is powerful even without the phoenix. I'd consider Rachel more of a threat than Polaris probably, her combination of TK and TP.

H. S. 6
Why is Iron Man Pre-Extremis?

xmarksthespot
Hmm originally to avoid the "speedblitz" thing that happens in threads with fast characters.. which annoys me. But then I added some prep to avoid that and forgot to remove the Pre-Extremis thing.

So it can be Extremis if you like...

guy222
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Meh... don't think this has been done. Standard rules. Fight in the African Savannah.
Standard rules. 10 minutes prep.
Sentry removed, because if he's here what's the point?

UXM
Nightcrawler
Darwin
Havok
Polaris
Marvel Girl
Warpath

vs

NA
Ares
Black Widow
Iron Man (pre-Extremis)
Ms. Marvel
Wasp
Wonder Man

321Go.

X Men

psy_blade
X-Men'll win because Darwin will be the last one standing.

llagrok
Darwin will probably develop the ability to heal others.

Soljer
Darwin will probably develop the ability to heal others.

And that helps HIM survive...how?

That isn't a practical evolution...

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
And that helps HIM survive...how?

That isn't a practical evolution...

Did I say it made sense?

No, I said that he would probably develop the ability to heal.

Soljer
Did I say it made sense?

No, I said that he would probably develop the ability to heal.

And...why? How?

llagrok
And...why? How?

To heal someone.

Soljer
To heal someone.

.....You really don't understand Darwin's power, do you?

llagrok
.....You really don't understand Darwin's power, do you?

He's superman

Symmetric Chaos
What a fancinating conversation.

TricksterPriest
UXM. Polaris can screw up quite a few of them, especially if she does the iron in blood trick. Havok's cosmic blasts might take some of them down too.

Depending on how tough Ares is under Bendis, I may have to re-evaluate this fight in a few weeks.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
UXM. Polaris can screw up quite a few of them, especially if she does the iron in blood trick. Havok's cosmic blasts might take some of them down too.

Depending on how tough Ares is under Bendis, I may have to re-evaluate this fight in a few weeks.

It hardly matters. Who will take out Darwin?

Symmetric Chaos
It hardly matters. Who will take out Darwin?

I suppose they could contain him or KO him.

TricksterPriest
BFR......shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I suppose they could contain him or KO him.

Contain...maybe, though I never knew containment was a route to victory. I thought the rules were kill or KO.

Though, I suppose they may be able to BFR him.

But, how will they KO him? Has Darwin ever been knocked out? It seems like it would be directly opposed to his abilities.

Symmetric Chaos
Contain...maybe, though I never knew containment was a route to victory. I thought the rules were kill or KO.

Well when the entire team except Darwin is dead and he's locked in 60 metric tons of concrete. I'd say the team has lost even though Darwin has merely been contained.

But, how will they KO him? Has Darwin ever been knocked out? It seems like it would be directly opposed to his abilities.

Nothing in his abilitys prevent him from losing conciousness. He just can't die.

ExodusCloak
Well when the entire team except Darwin is dead and he's locked in 60 metric tons of concrete. I'd say the team has lost even though Darwin has merely been contained.

Force his evolution to gain super strength and bust out. Darwin can force his evolutions.

How would one KO a being who can adapt to everyone of their attacks?

Soljer

Rules are rules. ermhappy

Nothing in his abilitys prevent him from losing conciousness. He just can't die.
Hasn't he evolved to stay conscious in the past? I could have sworn he evolved higher durability in order to not be knocked out when struck with...errr...something...

stick out tongue.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Force his evolution to gain super strength and bust out. Darwin can force his evolutions.

That doesn't help him survive. He would more likely evolve to be able to breath without air (although he's already done that IIRC).

How would one KO a being who can adapt to everyone of their attacks?

Haven't a clue.

Soljer
That doesn't help him survive. He would more likely evolve to be able to breath without air (although he's already done that IIRC).

Haven't a clue.

If Exodus is correct, and darwin CAN force evolutions, then he can MAKE himself evolve super strength.

He doesn't need to have it happen.

Symmetric Chaos
Rules are rules. ermhappy

Rules are stupid mad

Hasn't he evolved to stay conscious in the past? I could have sworn he evolved higher durability in order to not be knocked out when struck with...errr...something...

stick out tongue.

Actually that is true. He has evolved elasticity to prevent himself from being hurt from the impact of a fall.

ExodusCloak

I mean he can actually force his evolutions when he's not in danger. He made his skin sharp to cut the X-Men out of vines. He was in no danger then I'll get a scan.

Symmetric Chaos
I mean he can actually force his evolutions when he's not in danger. He made his skin sharp to cut the X-Men out of vines. He was in no danger then I'll get a scan.

no expression Wow. I always pictured Darwin as being at the very least a character that was just unkillable. But if he can make intentional offesive evolutions and what not why bother having him exist?

TricksterPriest
doh Great.......you realize what you just did, Soljer? You just made it so we can never use Darwin again. Since he can evolve anything he wants, and without danger, he's now unbeatable.

Yeesh, at least Ressurection Man has to die in order to get powers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ExodusCloak
no expression Wow. I always pictured Darwin as being at the very least a character that was just unkillable. But if he can make intentional offesive evolutions and what not why bother having him exist?

Here's the scan.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/803/xmdg0607an2.th.jpg

Anyway that's precisely the point. I think he's going to get trapped in the M'kraan crystal and the X-Men will desert him. Otherwise him Polaris and Havok join the Starjammers/Imperial Guard.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
doh Great.......you realize what you just did, Soljer? You just made it so we can never use Darwin again. Since he can evolve anything he wants, and without danger, he's now unbeatable.

Yeesh, at least Ressurection Man has to die in order to get powers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I didn't do anything...that's how he was written...confused.

ExodusCloak
Even here to a lesser extent, after having been through a swirly the boy let go of him. His life wasn't in danger yet he still evolved.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/778/xmendeadlygenesis226jv8.th.jpg

TricksterPriest
I didn't do anything...that's how he was written...confused.

I know. stick out tongue I was just ****ing with you. ermmhappy

llagrok
Although I was joking earlier. If he can force his body to become sharp in order to cut people out of vines, can't he force his body to get healing powers in order to save somebody? Seems to me like Darwin could get anything he wants, or become.

redhotrash
I absolutely hate characters like Darwin when it comes to the KMC boards. Him and Doomsday make discussions kinda pointless. Bad writing in my opinion. Anyhow, even if he can evolve to take a beating and live to tell about it, what exactly can he do to hurt Ares or Wonderman or even Iron Man? Not to mention I wouldnt be at all surprised if Iron Man comes up with a way to BFR him mid-fight.

xmarksthespot
Kill, KO or BFR suffices for a win. So BFR is probably a pretty viable option to deal with Darwin.

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Kill, KO or BFR suffices for a win. So BFR is probably a pretty viable option to deal with Darwin.

Not if he can force evolutions to fly. And didn't he force an evolution to survive/move in space?

...erm.

llagrok
Not if he can force evolutions to fly. And didn't he force an evolution to survive/move in space?

...erm.

Yup, when he was tossed out the window or something. I think he's capable of doing it subconsciously and force them.

Trolt
Yup, when he was tossed out the window or something. I think he's capable of doing it subconsciously and force them.
and you people ENJOY reading characters like this ?
Can't he force himself to evolve to WIN ?

TricksterPriest
yes This is why most people don't discuss Darwin in forum battles, and why he'd be banned on the spot in most tournaments.

Symmetric Chaos

...erm.

Yup. He also evolved to an energy state at one point. His limitations are basicly noneexistant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.