The Hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pyratequeen
Holy shit!!!! The hunt has started today!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! http://thehunt.volvocars.net/us/thehunt.htm

Go and hunt!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

IheartPocky
aahhh i cant figure out the first puzzle lol

IheartPocky
*cries* im so confused..

IheartPocky
yay i got it!

and this is my 3rd post in a row!

ivebeendepped43
lol its loading...loading...loading...70%...

IheartPocky
They were hard. I had to cheat mwhahaha

ivebeendepped43
gah!!! it has been stuck at 70 for the past 10 minutes! i hate my comp!!

AudioHeart
Well...mines on ZERO lol

AudioHeart
OMG HOW AMAZING IS THE MUSIC!!! OMG THIS IS NUTZ!!!

pyratequeen
I'm getting to puzzle five!!!!! Yay!!!! Had to go to the volvo dealership, though. You need the map they have there.

IheartPocky
I need to get to a dealership..

pyratequeen
I'll post all of the coordinates I've gotten so far, in case you get stuck.
Cuba- 2231N 8135W
Port Royal- 1757N 7649W
Soutwestern Atlantic- 4321S 2953W
Souteastern Atlantic- 3538S 0057E

Happy hunting!!!!!!! big grin
And, if you find any more coordinates, please post them.

pyratequeen
Anyone getting the fifth puzzle, cuz I'm not.

diddly
Originally posted by pyratequeen
Cuba- 2231N 8135W
Port Royal- 1757N 7649W

R u sure the SW Atlantic one is right because i tried it and it didn't work?

diddly
I NEED HELP!

Wolf Hunt
Thanks for the co-ordinates PyrateQueen. I'd worked out the first set of numbers myself, which you have now confirmed as right, but they don't get me to next stage (having entered in Next Destin. - what am I missing here?

diddly
dunno They worked 4 me

pyratequeen
If you're having trouble, click on "The Hunt" in the left hand corner of the screen. It will take you to the first puzzle. Then, click on "About The Hunt." On the Left side, you'll see Three lines. Click on the one that says "How to Hunt." It might be able to answer your questions.

diddly
This one didn't work 4 me

Djinn
how did you get out the first? and the second?

scurvypirate
Originally posted by Djinn
how did you get out the first? and the second?

The first one you just grab the scrap of paper and start spinning it. The numbers reveal themselves in time (not sure if there is a proper way to spin, I just kept spinning til they were there).
To find the first number, you have to orient the paper in a certain position (look at your map to figure this out), and then look at the number that the compass arrow is pointing at. The rest of the numbers are in order clockwise.

The second one is even easier, but take some time. You just have to keep clicking the crabs, over and over and over again.

knight37128
Originally posted by pyratequeen
Cuba- 2231N 8135W
Port Royal- 1757N 7649W

Southwestern Atlantic - 4321 S 2053 W

That is the only mistake I found.

JaehSkywalker
watched the ad for this on tv... *sigh* i saw jack and i shrieked... xD happy

Wolf Hunt
Help, I can't get past the first part. I agree that Cuba is 2231N 8135W but Next Destination always says 'wrong coordinates'. On "About The Hunt" I don't even have the option of "How To Hunt" - The Hunt are sending me loads of next destination clues but to progress, obviously need to get my head around this.
A big plea of HELP

Wolf Hunt
Ha - progress, now looking at clue 5. Thanks for all your help

Djinn
thanks

Djinn
but at the compass there was a heart. how did you get out which number that was? (sorry, but i really want to know, i tried so longsmile)

Djinn
ok, i see... looks NEARLY like a 3, the heartwink

AudioHeart
I still cant get over the amazing music, I haven't even passed the first puzzle yet...lol

AudioHeart
Where is this "heart"

diddly
it the threes on the compass map thing

diddly
ther threes on the map compass thing

AudioHeart
k. So where do you start from, what number and then go clockwise from there?

diddly
no Idea... the 1st coorodinates given on the page before should work....

Wolf Hunt
Hi, to all those just starting or are stuck on first clue. Once you've managed to spin the piece of paper by clicking on the paper and holding the mouse button down and drag it either anti or clockwise, gradually the number appear. Although you can solve this by trial and error on the numbers, or look at previous help, or keep on reading, it helps to have the map from Volvo - because this has been torn off the corner of the map and by rotating this to fit the corner of the map the pointer will give you the number 2) the starting point and then read the numbers clockwise (ie 2231 8135). I also found that the next destination entry didn't like it if I entered the numbers using the number keypad - try the ones above the keyboard. Is this too much info....? Good luck. Has anyone solved the fifth one, won't be able to look at this until I'm back on Thursday.

AudioHeart
Originally posted by Wolf Hunt
Hi, to all those just starting or are stuck on first clue. Once you've managed to spin the piece of paper by clicking on the paper and holding the mouse button down and drag it either anti or clockwise, gradually the number appear. Although you can solve this by trial and error on the numbers, or look at previous help, or keep on reading, it helps to have the map from Volvo - because this has been torn off the corner of the map and by rotating this to fit the corner of the map the pointer will give you the number 2) the starting point and then read the numbers clockwise (ie 2231 8135). I also found that the next destination entry didn't like it if I entered the numbers using the number keypad - try the ones above the keyboard. Is this too much info....? Good luck. Has anyone solved the fifth one, won't be able to look at this until I'm back on Thursday.

THANKYOU SO SO SOO MUCH eek! big grin big grin Happy Dance

Bwa Ha Ha
mhmmmmmmm

diddly
Originally posted by Wolf Hunt

thanks.... I cant get past port Royal sad

Bwa Ha Ha
.......................sad

diddly
HELP!!!! PORT ROYAL NOT WORKING!!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
4 me neither

diddly
I repeat- HELP!

AudioHeart
Worked for me blink huh

diddly
really?

*jcd*gmc*
OK PLEASE HELP ME i dont know where to answer the first question but i dont even know the answer either PLEASE HELP ME

diddly
uhhh I'm no expert sorry

scurvypirate
Originally posted by diddly
HELP!!!! PORT ROYAL NOT WORKING!!!!

Are you able to go up the stairs and see the map? If so, try clicking on the map and chipping it. Paint will fly off. The hard part is to figure out where to chip... but the guy tells you

AudioHeart
Anyone have that Volvo thing?

Wolf Hunt
Hi guys, has everyone given up on this blog? Waiting for clue #19 beer

Wolf Hunt
Guess so, now waiting for Volvo to issue #20

*jcd*gmc*
ummm yea....anyone have the first volvo chart yet for the one after the southeastern atlantic one?? i need it otherwise ill be listening to this music for weeks...thanx

*jcd*gmc*
so if anyone cares that i dont have the chart, you know, please help me....please...PLEASE im probably not the only one who's not going to get the chart thingy from my local volvo dealership. PLEASEEEEEEE and thank you for those who share my pain and care to help.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.