If Ep IV-VI where made last

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
so many closed topics time to make another one big grin Anyway if Gl made EP 1-3 first and then the orignals whould they still be famouse ?

The only thing is luke whold look old lolz

exanda kane
It depends. He made the OT (wrote and produced, directed ANH) with many restrictions and its still a landmark in modern cinema, he made the PT with no little to no restrictions and it was a disapointment. It could have happened the other way around I guess.

queeq
It would never have been made that way. The way Lucas developed the first movie ANH there was never any story about a fall of a Jedi. It was always a Flash Gordon movie about a guy and a princess. The main story was never that of the rise and fall of the greatest Jedi ever. ANH was the natural first story.

ADarksideJedi
I argee.It is go od that they had made 4-6 before.Then we know how good they are.If we saw the first three mo vies I would not be into star wars like I am right now.jm

queeq
4, 5 and 6 ARE the first movies. The 1, 2 and 3 films really came after that. Lucas made them up maybe a little during the making of the OT, but a lot came after it.

exanda kane
Yep, and I will never buy any of that crap he comes out with about knowing the whole story for the last 30 years smile utter b****cks

coolmovies
You mean alot of crap came after ep VI

queeq
Well, reading the Making of book..... Lucas did say something to the extent of making three movies in December 1976 whil writing the fourth draft to ANH, plus he did mention at that time that he'd like to do the story of OB1 and Luke's father and Darth Vader (apparently not Luke's father at that time) and the rise of the Emperor, but that that would be impossible to make. He did already come up with the fact that after killing Luke's father, OB1 foubt Vader and chucked him in the lava (hence the iron lung suit).
And this apparantly is historically accurate. But there wasn't much more than that. Just a thought as backstory to ANH.

chewy16
This question is impossible because Lucas kept revising the story with main plot changes in each NEW movie. If the saga were made 1-6, it would be different today, but it never would have been as huge a hit if Lucas had the big picture in mind.

SW in 1977 was a hit because it was so general and basic, and didn't have all the subplots that the saga has today. You had stereotypical characters: a princess, a farmboy, a smuggler, a wizard, and of course the bad guy with a mask and cape. SW '77 has a true ending for anyone watching it in 1977, so it is not anticlimatic, yet it leaves wanting more if there is more to tell.

If Episode I were made in 1977 with all these ?????? as to what happens, fans wouldn't have fallen in love with it, cause there would be no story to fall in love with yet.

queeq
Good point.

And correct: Lucas just wanted to make a Flash Gordon style film with a princess, an Empire and space dogfights... THAT was the original idea. He crafted a story in that frame used ancient mythologies and came up in the end with a farm boy, a princess, an old man (the mentor) a pirate and his co-pilot, and two droids (as taken from Hidden Fortress) and the Force of Others. There is nothing about a force gifted boy taken from tatooine to become a Jedi and then falls to the spell of an evil chancellor.

coolmovies
I thought he just made a single movie and thats Star wars. It was so big he turned it into a trilogy and then a saga .

A new hope is like a fairy story a prince saving a princess and they lived happly ever after .

queeq
He was working on a single story. I guess he started fantasising about sequels because he had too much script (be it that it was still the one story of ANH) and he had to cut quite a number of scenes and planet due to budget restrictions and story development. Originally he planned to have as many planets in ANH as he did in the PT films. Don't know if that would have made it any better.

coolmovies
If it stopped him from making the pt than thats good

queeq
He made the OT... ANH in fact. From that grew the OT and just a mere wish of the PT in the far future.
Interestingly enough, those notes from December 1976 all came true. Quite a visionary.

coolmovies
I heard he was gonna make nine episodes but made a short cut and made 6

Devil King
If 4-6 were made last, there might not be all the leaps in logic and story line that are present in the saga today. However, they would be adult disney movies like the prequels. So, I think I prefer them the way they were done.

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
I heard he was gonna make nine episodes but made a short cut and made 6

I think that idea grew during the making of ANH. It was certainly around when ESB came out. But before shooting there was no such concrete idead.

coolmovies
If i was GL i would only make three episodes and leave it .The way they did it with the godfather trilogy

queeq
He couldn't leave it, and made another fortune.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by queeq
He couldn't leave it, and made another fortune.

that sounded like you were saying GL is a money-obsessed pig. there was some noun/adjective perfect for that in my mind, just couldn't fish it out.

queeq
No no... he really wanted to make a space movie. He really did. And by doing so he made a fortune and earned his independance. Quite a feat really.

ADarksideJedi
Yes quite indeed!jm

queeq
Impressive.

coolmovies
not really ep 1-3 sucked

queeq
laughing out loud

coolmovies
Its true it didnt feel or look like star wars

JaehSkywalker
well.. it had the name.. and the lightsabers.. and the names.. and the star cruisers...

you catchin' my drift here lol?

coolmovies
No darth vader no luke no x wings its not SW

JaehSkywalker
how bout the word skywalker? or ROTS?

it looks like star wars to me.. hmm

queeq
It does.

JaehSkywalker
*shrug* he said it ain't SW...

coolmovies
sorry

JaehSkywalker
ahh. well... ah.. okay.

queeq
Solved.

coolmovies
The OT has more fans

queeq
Which are therefor also fans of the PT... technically speaking.

coolmovies
If it wasnt for us there would be no PT fans lozzzzzz hahah

queeq
True

General G
If it weren't for Lucas you mean.

Alliance
No...you in the PT forum.

queeq
Huh?

Alliance
YOU~!

queeq
ME?

Alliance
No, of course not.

queeq
Ahh... thought it was an insult for a moment.

General G
Me?

queeq
Always you.

Alliance
ALWAYS.

General G
What this time then?

Alliance
you insulted a mod

*click-click*

General G
Did not.

*shield goes up*

Alliance
*thows EMP*

queeq
BOOM

Banning procedure complete. wink

queeq
BOOOM

*banning procedure complete*

General G
EMP's don't work on me. 313

Count Makashi
Why not, are you some kind of special droid?

General G
Specially modified.

Alliance
If you have EMP shielding...I'll just use this

*whips out a PLX-1*

General G
You took too much time using the EMP, you have already been blasted.

coolmovies
Looks like a jedi v mod war going on lolz

General G
Where's the jedi?

coolmovies
Your the jedi and queeq is the MOD

queeq
If tehre was such a war, G would be long gone.

General G
I am no Jedi!

queeq
There you go.

coolmovies
I thought he had G a bad cough (ROTS)

Count Makashi
I am a Jedi.

General G
No your not. Stop playing make believe.

queeq
I agree.

General G
It gets weird.

Alliance
I'd shoot all of you bastards.

Count Makashi
I would just deflected it, with my Saber.

coolmovies
Guns are old fashion in the galaxcy lollz laughing

General G
Originally posted by Alliance
I'd shoot all of you bastards.

It is hard to hit something when it is behind a shield.

queeq
We'll throw the switch then.

General G
I am the only one with a switch.

Alliance
and what a small switch it is.

queeq
laughing out loud

Alliance
SW is still a "side project" for GL.

General G
What is the actual project?

You must not have been taught proper English.

Alliance
Sorry, its kind of hard for those of us when its not our native language.

General G
Yeah, that's true, but I still don't understand BS.

Alliance
um...

queeq
Its not that hard.

General G
Not when a clone thinks they can speak it and can't.

Alliance
khun glin men.

General G
Indeed.

Alliance
KMC does not support thai characters...so I tried.

General G
Discrimination much?

Alliance
Yeah..its pretty blatant. I already called the ACLU, but they didn't care...I'm not American.

General G
So you have to be American to be properly listenned to?

Alliance
Yes. and have a gun.

General G
That sucks.

Alliance
Fail, eh?

Count Makashi
Yes. and have a gun.

But what if you are from Europe and have an UZI, would that work.

Alliance
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Europe

laughing

General G
Fail, eh?

Big time.

Alliance
Yeah you do cool

General G
I see what you did there...

Alliance
No you don't.

General G
I thought I did.

Alliance
Ok. Then that's cleared up.

Count Makashi
laughing

Don't laugh about Europe, or pay the ultimate price.

Alliance
do we win chocolate? eek!

General G
Mmmmm...I want chocolate.

Alliance
lolEurope.

General G
laughing out loud Europe laughing out loud

Alliance
And you're from where?

General G
Canada eh?

Alliance
I knew that, I was simply pointing out how Canada is a relic in Europe's basement.

General G
But we have grown away from that, we have shown great independance in both world wars, and shown that we can get along nicely on our own.

Alliance
Heh. You're just a colony.

General G
The Queen has very little do with what goes on here in Canada.

queeq
Also VERY off topic. CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.