Emo: Overused and stupid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@
I am SO sick of hearing this stupid word. I blame you americans.

The word emo is now used in everday vocabulary and has come out of nowhere. It's replaced the goths. No one can dress goth without being called emo.

The word means NOTHING.

Teenagers who are depressed and moppy have a medical condition, there's nothing 'emo' about it.

The word really pisses me off. For once, I wish you americans would stop creating your own stereotypes.

Schecter
Duplicate Emo Topics: Overused and stupid?

debbiejo
I never hear it.....Everytime I see it, it reminds me of Emu. confused

BackFire
Cry more, Emo.

Write a poem about it.

RocasAtoll
I wonder if this is going to become another debate on the misuse of emo and the tarnish real emo now has on its reputation.......

Schecter
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
I wonder if this is going to become another debate on the misuse of emo and the tarnish real emo now has on its reputation.......

win

ADarksideJedi
I understand why you think it is stupid.I am sick of hearing it too.Lets hope it dies out and is never heard of again.That is what happens with teen words anyway.jm

Quiero Mota
Yes and yes.

Janus X
Originally posted by BlackC@

The word emo is now used in everday vocabulary and has come out of nowhere. It's replaced the goths. No one can dress goth without being called emo.

The word means NOTHING.

Teenagers who are depressed and moppy have a medical condition, there's nothing 'emo' about it.

The word really pisses me off. For once, I wish you americans would stop creating your own stereotypes.

Ya have something against Americans?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Janus X
Ya have something against Americans?

Where did that come from?

Janus X
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Where did that come from?

When you hear "You Americans" Twice in a paragraph, you just know they hate Americans.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Janus X
When you hear "You Americans" Twice in a sentence, you just know they hate Americans.

I missed that part.

And yeah, its usually a safe assumption.

~Forever*Alone~
what about scene? is that even in yet?

Strangelove
I think the stereotype as well as the word emo is overused and stupid, yes. Even more stupid are the people that follow that stereotype

Burnt Pancakes

The word means NOTHING.

I wish you anti-americans woudl shut the hell up. Emo.

no expression stick out tongue

Draco69

The word means NOTHING.

Sad poor little pathetic emo...

Here's a doll for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nRNYG_xM2U

Schecter
Originally posted by Draco69

4nRNYG_xM2U

hehehe

Draco69
Ah, thank you, good sir.

I haven't the slightest clue how to do Youtube on forum posts...

Burnt Pancakes

laughing laughing out loud laughing

Naz
Me and my friends created "Emo Day", where we call emo kids preppy and non-emos emo. It's fun. People get mad at us.

Alliance

The word means NOTHING.

I had never actually heard the term before college...and I'm from a major city so don't say I'm ignorant.

I find the term pointless.

RedAlertv2
The ironic part is that the threadstarter has absolutely no idea what emo really was

Bardock42
Originally posted by RocasAtoll

You wonder that?

With Alpha Centauri around?

ragesRemorse

The word means NOTHING.

Im guessing your still in middle or highschool. I only hear this word when im around teenagers or on the internet, but then its always teenagers on the internet calling each other emo's.

Why do you care so much...are you an emo?

Bardock42
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Im guessing your still in middle or highschool. I only hear this word when im around teenagers or on the internet, but then its always teenagers on the internet calling each other emo's.

Why do you care so much...are you an emo?

'ronic, yo!

Kram3r

The word means NOTHING.

Blame America one more time and I'll personally take the shit-ass 3 hour flight to kick your ass. Enough said.

Barker

The word means NOTHING.

So.. you're stereotyping Americans?

BlackC@
Sad poor little pathetic emo...

Here's a doll for you...

Sad poor little pathetic loser.

This is what I'm talking about. You call me 'emo' because something irritates me.

Go back to your shanty.

BackFire
duplicate to an already stupid thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.