Bryce Dallas Howard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
Do you think Bryce Dallas Howard played a good Gwen Stacy?

BlackC@
She was great. She had a sweet sensuality about her.

Sparkz
I thought she was very good, and her character seemed accurate, to bad that she didn't have a bigger part.

Spiderman_RJ
yes at first i thoug she was going to be a mj ***** like,especially with the whole modeling at the beggining wich seemed out of character,but them she turned out gorgeously sweet girl.to bad this is the end for her,cos its clear she doesnt want to be friends with peter again for what he did,and peter and mj (god forbid) are still an item,blergh.

Grimm22
She was fantastic

Unfortunately, she was misused in the film, and ended up being just a sub-plot character.

Menetnashté
Much better than Kirsten Dunst's performance has been in any of the movies. She was perfect for the part and was very attractive. I mean I wouldn't even touch Kirsten Dunst.

the_satan32

Entity
Oh she was great as Gwen Stacy.
Problem is Gwen had no place in this movie. There was really absolutely no point in having her in the movie at all.
Save fan attaction!

What I've always said they should've done was have it been her in the first one and let her die on the brige at the end. Then have MJ for all the rest.

Who else has thought about how ironic it is that they have a blonde playing red head Mary Jane only to have a red head play blonde Gwen? stick out tongue

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Entity
Oh she was great as Gwen Stacy.
Problem is Gwen had no place in this movie. There was really absolutely no point in having her in the movie at all.
Save fan attaction!

What I've always said they should've done was have it been her in the first one and let her die on the brige at the end. Then have MJ for all the rest.

Who else has thought about how ironic it is that they have a blonde playing red head Mary Jane only to have a red head play blonde Gwen? stick out tongue

I completly agree. The woman was gorgeous and she did had sweetness to her and I really felt bad for her when peter played her. She shouldve been used in the first like u said.

Altar[1stONE]
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
yes at first i thoug she was going to be a mj ***** like,especially with the whole modeling at the beggining wich seemed out of character,but them she turned out gorgeously sweet girl.to bad this is the end for her,cos its clear she doesnt want to be friends with peter again for what he did,and peter and mj (god forbid) are still an item,blergh.

My girlfriend said, how could she possibly want peter after all that B.S. It was hard to see what the movie makers did to these characters. Was mj and parkers relationship constantly on the ropes like that?! It was freaking stressing me out, like it was a problem in my life.

As for gwen stacy, she was hot, the hotness was especially contrasted when her and Mj were in the same room together. I cant believe that was bryce dallas howard, she looked so ......old in all those other movies ive seen her in. Old like.....that tall pale blonde elf in lord of the rings old.

Spiderman_RJ
in the comics peter and mj relationship problem were mostly due to peter always leaving mj behind to save the city,she even started smoking once out of worriness for peter sake,kinda like the movie,wich was a good hit,but honestly this was just something some writer come up to bring mj back to scene cos every writer seemed to forget her from the peter spiderman relationship,and mj was for years just a second cast in the comics.

Dan-El
Howard did well for the part she was given. I sincerely wish they did the modeling thing with MJ from the start.

the_satan32
Howard was very good in her role as Gwen, it would have been great if she had a bigger part. When I saw MJ and Gwen in the same room (when Parker wanted to purpose to Mary Jane) I thought I was seeing the beauty and the beast. I never thought Bryce Dallas Howard looked so good. Dunst sucked in this movie (as she did in the previous movies) but Howard was in contrast to her, not just in acting but in appearance as well.

Why did Pete choose MJ anyway? Gwen was hot, smart and sweet (a rare combination in today's world). I would have been much happier if he choose her instead.

Entity
Originally posted by the_satan32
Why did Pete choose MJ anyway?

Umm, probably cause Gwen died!

See Peter did chose Gwen in the comics. They were engaged and very much in love till Norman threw her off the brige. Unlike MJ in the movie, Gwen didn't make it.

H. S. 6
I thought Howard played a perfect Gwen. I just wish we'd seen more of her.

masterkit
I thought she did great for her small role. It was fantastic how she just pushed Peter away after the whole MJ thing.

the_satan32

See Peter did chose Gwen in the comics. They were engaged and very much in love till Norman threw her off the brige. Unlike MJ in the movie, Gwen didn't make it.

I know that, I meant why did he choose MJ in the movie. It was quite obvious that Dunst sucked and Howard did a good job.

Entity
I know that, I meant why did he choose MJ in the movie. It was quite obvious that Dunst sucked and Howard did a good job. All the fans of the movies and a good percentage of the comic's have come to prefer MJ to Gwen and know her as Peter's love. They can't really vary that much form the story now can they?

Sweet Escape
I loved her, I just thought she was kinda just randomly thrown in.

the_satan32
All the fans of the movies and a good percentage of the comic's have come to prefer MJ to Gwen and know her as Peter's love. They can't really vary that much form the story now can they?

I suppose so, but after I walked out of the theater my friends and I agreed that the movie version of Gwen much better than that of MJ.

Menetnashté
I suppose so, but after I walked out of the theater my friends and I agreed that the movie version of Gwen much better than that of MJ.
The comic book Gwen was better than the comic book MJ, Mary Jane is just a very unlikeable character.

Entity

the_satan32
Well, I wouldn't go that far. I mean I personally have always prefered Gwen to MJ but I do love MJ to. Just always thought Gwen amd Peter were the ones really meant to be together. wink

I agree, but I guess they though he was too young to get marred. I never really liked comic book MJ, but she's still a lot better than the movie version.

Sparkz

When was Peter and Gwen engaged I can't remeber that happening.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.