Is it worth it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the_satan32
I am going to see the movie tomorow, I thought it would be great, but after seeing a lot of people complain ,I wonder is it any good, is it worth the money?

steverules
I liked it...u may hate it u may like it

Arachnid1
Originally posted by steverules
I liked it...u may hate it u may like it

I haven't seen it yet, but I already know I'm going to like it.

Spiderman_RJ
you are gonna dislike it like me,i bet satan.
until the first half or third of the movie it was good,after that the movie fall drastically,the team up was childish and cliche as i have never seen, i hated it!
overall i give the movie 5.5 or 6.
harry and peter relationship as well as mj and peter relationship are a little deeper on this one.

Morridini
It seems that if u have very very high expectations u will dislike it. Just go to the cinema with no expectations like I did and u will like it.

and always remember that the movie Spider-man is nothing like the 616 Spider-man so don't get caught up in what differs from the Spidey in the comics.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Morridini
It seems that if u have very very high expectations u will dislike it. Just go to the cinema with no expectations like I did and u will like it.

and always remember that the movie Spider-man is nothing like the 616 Spider-man so don't get caught up in what differs from the Spidey in the comics.
that's what seems to bring everyone down is the comics, which is stupid. Pretty much none of the movies have followed the comics why the hell would this one...

IRTMU-Dragon
I liked it up until one part near the end that made me scream the F word.

Vladimir
man.. i have hig expectations... i am afraid that it will fail...because of all the negativity on here... but i sure HOPE i will like it.. i been looking forward to this movie since 2004 and i been checking updates every single day!

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Vladimir
man.. i have hig expectations... i am afraid that it will fail...because of all the negativity on here... but i sure HOPE i will like it.. i been looking forward to this movie since 2004 and i been checking updates every single day!
you have to take into consideration the kind of people who hated it, some were just open minded people who for good reasons didn't like it. most however are narrow minded people who hate it because it's not exactly like the comics and havent liked it since the first one but continue to see it. So if you can handle venom not being the same than go ahead and see it

Spiderman_RJ
im open minded and while i enjoy some bits,some bits doesnt make a movie, like i said in other thread,the movie didnt have flow into it,it as like a lot of disconeted scenes put toguether,and the roughs cuts make this even more obvious.
and even though im a fan,i watched as a general audience and i felt disrepcted that the movie audience fell from 9 years old to 5 or 6 becouse those stupid script make me believe so especially in the team up scene,a bunch of chesse lines from adventure teen more were put into it.i mean comon!
as a fan i feel betrayed,this is not what i expected from a movie point of view,not comics,and the marketing that i ranted as being the worse for being spoiler,turned out to be best,cos it mislead you to believe this wa sgoing to be a huge movie,when it was just a tiny beat of soap opera episodes put toguether.
i know the fan comunity maybe the hardcores ones are ranting like nuts about the movie,its fun, but mostly of the blind rage rant has some points to it.
this movie didnt deliver what it promised.the end scene was dull, i mean i know it its suposed to be a poetic romantic ending wich was a good thing,but it was so rushed after the others scenes that didnt seem quite finished,that it didnt have the feel it was suposed to.you know what i mean?for the me the whole movie was like this.

the_satan32
I get the feeling the main reason people dislike the movie is all the trailers, speculation, and the huge expectations. I'm sure that many of the points are valid, but no movie is perfect and people should try to be a bit more objective.

And I don't really care about Venom, I never liked him outside his powers and appearance, his personality is ridiculous and lines like "We'll eat your brains" are hilarious and not in a good way. But if he's written rightm, I don't mind seeing him on the big screen. I'm much more interested in seeing Spider-Man in the black suit, and the connection between Sandman and Ben Parker.

Spiderman_RJ
if that is what you want then you REALLY will be disapointed,sorry to be the one to bring it mate.

Darth Vicious
Damn, Im bout to see it in about an hour but all Ive seen in this forum is mostly negative reviews. I hope u guys are just over reacting. I guess Ill know in a few.

Entity
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Damn, Im bout to see it in about an hour but all Ive seen in this forum is mostly negative reviews. I hope u guys are just over reacting. I guess Ill know in a few.

Man! Screw all them. The movie isn't just like 616 but none of them are. And really they can't be. To much stuff to fit into a 3 hour movie. Spiderman 2 was about as close to the comics as a movie can get.

All and all this movie was great. Just try to enjoy it and I'm sure you will. wink

Morridini
Originally posted by Entity
Man! Screw all them. The movie isn't just like 616 but none of them are. And really they can't be. To much stuff to fit into a 3 hour movie. Spiderman 2 was about as close to the comics as a movie can get.

All and all this movie was great. Just try to enjoy it and I'm sure you will. wink

I second that.
This is far from 616 Peter and 616 Spidey so don't go expecting it to be like them.

Dr. Zaius
I didn't think anything could be as bad as Superman Returns last summer. I was wrong. As a lover of the first two Spider-Man installments, I was stunned with how bad this film was. Aside from the brilliant action sequences, there was nothing redeeming about this picture. Both the script and acting were miserable. Just to give an indication of the sorry state of affairs in Spidey land, people in the theatre last night actually snickered and laughed at two of the "emotional" climaxes of the picture - largely due to Toby Maguire's seeming inability to cry convinicingly. I still don't understand the director's deliberate campiness when portraying dark, dangerous Peter Parker. The whole sequence of dancing and cheezy womanizing was painful. To make matters worse, the story dragged and dragged. The picture seemed more like 4 hours than 2. Just horrible! This film was unforgiveably bad.

Spiderman_RJ
it was bad but not that bad. i actually like the bar scene,i just though the piano and jumping were too much,now i can let go the jumping as he forgeting about concealing his spider thing and enjoy himself,the street scene was fine until he started john travolta, that was way too much for me.
the chessy lines at the suposed climax of the movie for me was a let down, i felt i was watching a 90s adventure teen movie....serious......"hang on bud"......"on what?" what you mean on what? you are spiderman use your sticking feet you idiot!
and then...'go get her" " i will" and pauses for a moment until he tries?
i dont need to be lectured on what the characer intend to do...learn from nike and JUST DO IT!

The Joker#1
It's the weakest Spider-Man movie so far. But, it's still an entertaining watch, IMO.

spiderkelsey
It was nothing less then entertaining, but I have to say that i was slightly disappointed because of some of the cheesy scenes in the movie. I'm a huge Spiderman fan but also a self appointed movie critic so it' s hard for me to tell the honest truth. Other then that, I enjoyed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.