Must all new comic movie succumb to cheesyness?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jman196
X3 was a complete joke for anyone who is an x-men fan at all, and now spider-man 3 is using the same cheese factor.

They did what ratner did with x3, they tried to combine too much into one film and completely botched it in my opinion. I was hoping for something more reminiscent of the 90's cartoon but was dissapointed, this movie seemed more guided towards children or people who have no relation to spider-man.

what do you guys think?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Jman196
X3 was a complete joke for anyone who is an x-men fan at all, and now spider-man 3 is using the same cheese factor.

They did what ratner did with x3, they tried to combine too much into one film and completely botched it in my opinion. I was hoping for something more reminiscent of the 90's cartoon but was dissapointed, this movie seemed more guided towards children or people who have no relation to spider-man.

what do you guys think?

I'm a HUGE Xmen fan and an even bigger Spiderman fan and I loved X3. I know I'm going to love SM3 when I see it too.

mr.smiley
imo,Spiderman 3 did what X3 tried to do..I loved Spiderman 3!

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Jman196

what do you guys think?
I think there's already a thread for this
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/450529_1-spider-man-3-lame

Starhawk
Spider-man 3 was no where NEAR as bad as X-men 3,. which was the worst comic book movie since "Steel", perhaps worse.

Spiderman_RJ
i agree with haw and i know a lot of people actualy LOVED x3.
go figures.....

ragesRemorse
Spidey3 was nearing the crap factor status of X3, but scores a few bonus points because unlike X3 spiderman 3 diddnt completely disregaurd the subject material of the comics and shit all over it. as far as quality though its on par. I also think X3 had better CGI aswell...was dissapointed with the effects in spidey 3

Entity
Originally posted by Starhawk
Spider-man 3 was no where NEAR as bad as X-men 3,. which was the worst comic book movie since "Steel", perhaps worse.

Really! I mean don't get me wrong as far as story and plots X3 was crap in a sack but as bad as Hulk? confused

Spiderman_RJ
what hulk was great!the dog scene was a little meh ,but they needed something to show his animalistic side,and no one likes mutants anyway...well aside from xmen fans.lol.
the movie had a more dramatic load then any other movie,the general audience just didnt get it.i give it s 7.7

Menetnashté
I'm sorry everyone but Nick fury agent of shield is the worst comic book film ever. Even worse then....Electra!

Lord Paradise
I loved both X3 and Spider-Man 3. The cheesy, over-the-topness gives the movie a happier feel, and that's the only way they're going to get closer to the source material, or the feel of it; comics are over-the-top. The literary value of a comic is underlined with fun. Without the fun, it can't really be considered a comic movie.

That said, I preferred Spider-Man 2? Why? No jazz cafe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.