Jericho vs. Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Jericho

vs.

Adam Warlock (soul gem)

who wins???

King Kandy
Does Adam have the Soul Gem?

Madvillain
yes, he does.

King Kandy
Who's Jericho?

Ytse
Originally posted by King Kandy
Who's Jericho?

He's a pretty badass wrestler. And he's in a metal band. And he has a wall built around him. But it has a weakness to trumpets...so, meh.

TricksterPriest
Deathstroke's kid. He's got some weird mind powers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_%28comics%29

Definitely give the win to Warlock.

Madvillain
Who's Jericho?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(comics)

Mider999
a wrestler? Pfft snitsky can do alot better job on warlock

Ytse
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Deathstroke's kid. He's got some weird mind powers.

Oh. That Jericho.

King Kandy
Dude, what were you thinking?

Jericho loses his soul.

Mider999
he can like possess you if he gets eye contact with you

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mider999

To bad he's going to be soulripped before he does that.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Mider999

yeah, its one of those "who gets who first" scenarios, but Adam might be able to resist being possessed- im not sure.

King Kandy
Even if he is possesed, Adam can hide his mind in the soul gem, and attack him from there.

Symmetric Chaos
Adam destroys him.

guy222
Originally posted by Madvillain
Jericho

vs.

Adam Warlock (soul gem)

who wins???

Adam

Likwid
Warlock....He could just close his eyes, right?

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to block the Teen Titan Jericho's eye contact through a visor or sunglasses or anything like that? He needs direct eye contact to make possession, so I was wondering what steps could be taken to block that.....

leonidas
this is pretty interesting. i'd assume the gem could steal jericho's soul, but jericho actually has the ability to REMOVE his soul i believe in the form of his soul-self. jericho also has MUCH greater control over his soul than almost anyone does even if it IS residing in his body. if he got adam first, he automatically assumes control over adam's body AND mind so adam couldn't direct the gem to attack jericho. if adam attacked his body with the gem while the soul was not present, jericho's soul-self could possibly take adam out before he could fight back.

i also find it interesting how everyone thinks that adam 'instantly' goes to the soul suck. in reality, he HATES using the gem to do that, so logically, in an actual battle, adam wouldn't use the gem and jericho would take possession of him. be really interesting to see how the gem would react to having someone else control adam's thoughts and body.

i think it's sort of a quick-draw scenario, if we play the 'adam uses the gem in the opening second of the match' card, or jericho wins. jericho is pretty damn tough.

good match-up. rare a battle makes me really think anymore. smile

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by leonidas
good match-up. rare a battle makes me really think anymore. smile

Don't worry leo, I'll make some threads for you smile

leonidas
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
Don't worry leo, I'll make some threads for you smile

i'd be eternally grateful. smile i get bored easily. erm

King Kandy
Um, if Jericho's soul leaves his body it'll just be easier to mess with it.

leonidas
umm, not if adam can't find it . . . he doesn't just say 'find and steal jericho's soul wherever it is!' he attacks the BODY to drain the soul. if the soul is not IN the body . . . oops.

King Kandy
Well it's a good thing that he has a GEM THAT GIVES INFINITE POWER OVER SOULS to help him find it...

leonidas
laughing out loud

by the time he realized the soul was NOT there the soul-self of jericho could possibly take him out. depends on how powerful his soul-self has been shown to be recently.

and of course you are one of those going on the silly assumption that adam uses the gem immediately.

and he doesn't gain infinite power over the soul. where'd you get that from? NONE of the individual wielders gain 'infinite' power`over ANY aspect. the power gem provides the source of whatever 'infinite' power they gain when combined. if adam didn't know in advance that he had to avoid eye contact (he wouldn't) and didn't instantly use the gem (he wouldn't) jericho would win the fight.

King Kandy
Well on KMC people fight to their best potential so yes he would.

llagrok
I for one, do not think that Jericho would be able to possess Adam's body.

leonidas
Well on KMC people fight to their best potential so yes he would.

that's NOT his 'best potential'. he hates using the gem and it affects him psychologically to do so, offering the gem an increased hold over him. he only uses it as a last resort and infrequently.

be that as it may, grok, raises a fair point. there IS some evidence to suggest that jericho has some trouble possessing non-humans. i'm not sure if this extends to his new body or not, as i'm not sure of his soul-self's limitations. if his soul-self is anywhere near as powerful as raven's (from whom his new body was derived,) he COULD potentially cause adam lots of problems.

Mr. Slippyfist
Karmic Blast?

llagrok
Originally posted by leonidas
that's NOT his 'best potential'. he hates using the gem and it affects him psychologically to do so, offering the gem an increased hold over him. he only uses it as a last resort and infrequently.

be that as it may, grok, raises a fair point. there IS some evidence to suggest that jericho has some trouble possessing non-humans. i'm not sure if this extends to his new body or not, as i'm not sure of his soul-self's limitations. if his soul-self is anywhere near as powerful as raven's (from whom his new body was derived,) he COULD potentially cause adam lots of problems.

Adam's eyes look a bit off.

Jericho couldn't possess Bombshell and the devil guy.

leonidas
more evidence to support your side, then. his only chance would be in having adam attack him while his soul is hidden elsewhere. in that case, his soul-self would need to be powerful enough to very quickly overcome adam. and again, i'm unsure of just how powerful his soul-self is.

i gladly concede adam takes a big majority. playing devil's advocate is fun though. i do still find it an interesting match-up. and besides, i was bored. smile

Madvillain
There was a good debate going on in this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.