Teth Adam vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Can the horsegod win it?

llagrok
Nah, too ugly

His Airness
Originally posted by UniOmni
Can the horsegod win it?

Yes he can. Now For the majority? Thats up for debate. smile

UniOmni
teh gheyness ftw?

Soljer
Adam.

guy222
bumprav

fangirl101
I'm inclined to go for bill. But Teh seems to be more durable and can strike with Godly power in those charged fists of his.

Bouboumaster
Good match, but I go with Bill.

quanchi112
This is one helluva battle. I give it to BRB.

starlock
Like some have said, good battle...but with bills hammer...i give this to Beta Ray Bill for the win

Aster Phoenix
Current BRB? Or Herald BRB?

Priest
Originally posted by fangirl101
I'm inclined to go for bill. But Teh seems to be more durable and can strike with Godly power in those charged fists of his.
Bill got thunder clapped by Galactus, and slept on the Sun shortly after and survived.

quanchi112
Originally posted by starlock
Like some have said, good battle...but with bills hammer...i give this to Beta Ray Bill for the win Exactly.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Priest
Bill got thunder clapped by Galactus, and slept on the Sun shortly after and survived.
Teth charges his fist and gave the Spectre a face lift.

Priest
Teth charges his fist and gave the Spectre a face lift.
And how is that supposed to show his better durability?
Charged fits? Spectre got his head caved in by Marvel, and got the shit kicked out of him by batman.. Bring up the Spectre is really not proving a point erm

fangirl101
And how is that supposed to show his better durability?

It's not. It's supposed to show that teth's striking power has higher end feats than Bill's durability. Now if we wanna get technical, CM was turned inside out by a tesseract bomb and teth has the Exact same power set and level of power as CM.

Priest
Read the Edit.

Priest
It's not. It's supposed to show that teth's striking power has higher end feats than Bill's durability.
So are u trying to prove that Galactus' stricking power is less than Teth's by using CIS moment on Spectre's behalf?

Val-E-Doosh
Spectre never got beat up by Batman.

complexbrother
good match, I go with bill.

Priest
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Spectre never got beat up by Batman.
Bats made Teh Spectre Bleedzzz!

Val-E-Doosh
Because Spectre allowed him to.

I know you're joking but those stupid forum rumors eventually become forum fact.

fangirl101
So are u trying to prove that Galactus' stricking power is less than Teth's by using CIS moment on Spectre's behalf?
Galactus Thunder clapping isn't really indicative of his striking power AT ALL.

OneDumbG0
It's not. It's supposed to show that teth's striking power has higher end feats than Bill's durability. Now if we wanna get technical, CM was turned inside out by a tesseract bomb and teth has the Exact same power set and level of power as CM. Do you think Black Adam would remain conscious after fighting a Herald of Galactus for an entire comic and then being blitzed through a planet's surface straight into it's core and then the planet explodes?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4829/stormbreaker41415fl8.jpg

fangirl101
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Do you think Black Adam would remain conscious after fighting a Herald of Galactus for an entire comic and then being blitzed through a planet's surface straight into it's core and then the planet explodes?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4829/stormbreaker41415fl8.jpg
Yes. I do.

OneDumbG0
Yes. I do. Do you think Black Adam is more durable than Hank Henshaw without his rings?

fangirl101
Do you think Black Adam is more durable than Hank Henshaw without his rings?
It took a galaxy destroying blast to destroy PART of henshaw's body. Neither of these guys are that durable and henshaw has no bearing on this fight. Your point, and where you are heading, don't mean much to me. sorry. I see where you are heading. It's called a low feat for henshaw.

Priest

I know you're joking but those stupid forum rumors eventually become forum fact.
Ok, fine. Ur not fun sad

Priest
Galactus Thunder clapping isn't really indicative of his striking power AT ALL.
Why not?

fangirl101
Why not?
That would mean galactus is pretty weak if his herald stardust did more dmg to bill than he did. Galactus didn't mean to kill bill.

-K-M-

Originally posted by -K-M-
Myth: Batman's kick hurt Spectre
Tales of the Unexpected #4
How many times did we hear that Batman hurt the Spectre with the bat-kick? To many to count, but in reality it did nothing and Sprectre even mentions he made to make Batman feel good about the situation as it was hopeless for him.

1. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/019.jpg
2. http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/MachineMan616/020.jpg

OneDumbG0
It took a galaxy destroying blast to destroy PART of henshaw's body. Neither of these guys are that durable and henshaw has no bearing on this fight. Your point, and where you are heading, don't mean much to me. sorry. I see where you are heading. It's called a low feat for henshaw. Smart cookie. But equivocating double-standards don't get you far. It took a planet-destroying blast to destroy Henshaw without his rings:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6995/cyborgsuperman04go6.th.jpg

Wonderman and Vision both survived a galaxy spanning Negabomb blast at ground zero too. Oooo... aaahhh. Henshaw being nearly completely obliterated by a galaxy-destroying blast doesn't make him being mostly destroyed by a planet-destroying blast a low feat. That's like saying that Wolverine surviving getting dunked in molten steel is a low feat because he survived getting nuked by Nitro.

So I guess in terms of straight up durability, Black Adam = Beta Ray Bill > Henshaw w/o rings in your opinion. Surprising. Thought people gave Henshaw props over Superman-lite folks...

fangirl101
Smart cookie. But equivocating double-standards don't get you far. It took a planet-destroying blast to destroy Henshaw without his rings:

Wonderman and Vision both survived a galaxy spanning Negabomb blast at ground zero too. Oooo... aaahhh. Henshaw being nearly completely obliterated by a galaxy-destroying blast doesn't make him being mostly destroyed by a planet-destroying blast a low feat. That's like saying that Wolverine surviving getting dunked in molten steel is a low feat because he survived getting nuked by Nitro.

So I guess in terms of straight up durability, Black Adam = Beta Ray Bill > Henshaw w/o rings in your opinion. Surprising. Thought people gave Henshaw props over Superman-lite folks...
Your wonderman and vision analogy fail. they were not trapped inside a bubble that has the energy folding back in on itself. An explosion sends energy outward. In henshaw's case, he had no rings powered up becuz he wanted to die. And the energy of the galaxy explosion warped back in on itself thus making the explosion far more potent than what vision and wonder man survived. You have failed.

Priest
That would mean galactus is pretty weak if his herald stardust did more dmg to bill than he did. Galactus didn't mean to kill bill.
No, it means Spectre it pretty weak roll eyes (sarcastic)

Honselty are u really ignorant if u think the BA/Spectre feat is viable, and does not count as CIS.

fangirl101
No, it means Spectre it pretty weak roll eyes (sarcastic)

Honselty are u really ignorant if u think the BA/Spectre feat is viable, and does not count as CIS.
No more than you thinking Bill actually survived an attack from galactus that was anything worth while.

OneDumbG0
Your wonderman and vision analogy fail. they were not trapped inside a bubble that has the energy folding back in on itself. An explosion sends energy outward. In henshaw's case, he had no rings powered up becuz he wanted to die. And the energy of the galaxy explosion warped back in on itself thus making the explosion far more potent than what vision and wonder man survived. You have failed. Not really, since there were ruptures into the antimatter universe inside the bubble where the force of the explosion could be sent.

And I guess you don't care to rehabilitate your opinion that Black = Beta Ray Bill > Henshaw w/o rings. But hey, that's your opinion after all.

quanchi112
It took a galaxy destroying blast to destroy PART of henshaw's body. Neither of these guys are that durable and henshaw has no bearing on this fight. Your point, and where you are heading, don't mean much to me. sorry. I see where you are heading. It's called a low feat for henshaw. Henshaw was killed and would have lost a forum battle in that manner,so its hardly relevant.

Just because its difficult to completely destroy Henshaw, doesnt mean you cant beat him in a forum battle.

fangirl101
Not really, since there were ruptures into the antimatter universe inside the bubble where the force of the explosion could be sent.

And I guess you don't care to rehabilitate your opinion that Black = Beta Ray Bill > Henshaw w/o rings. But hey, that's your opinion after all.
I don't care to go back and forth with you. Any one can see that henshaw is far more durable than a planet busting explosions. Especially since he UPGRADES himself. As if.

Priest
No more than you thinking Bill actually survived an attack from galactus that was anything worth while.
Nah its u that is just ignorant..
Its one thing actually surviving something, Galactus was probably hold back.
And its another beliving that someone like Teth can hurt the Spectre which is pretty rediculous..

quanchi112
I don't care to go back and forth with you. Any one can see that henshaw is far more durable than a planet busting explosions. Especially since he UPGRADES himself. As if. When did he upgrade himself for sc? Have a scan?

fangirl101
Nah its u that is just ignorant..
Its one thing actually surviving something, Galactus was probably hold back.
And its another beliving that someone like Teth can hurt the Spectre which is pretty rediculous..

It's the nature of his MAGICAL powers that allowed him to hurt the Spectre. The question should arise is if the Spectre was ready for that assualt, and what lasting damage did it do. Well all know that if the Spectre wanted, he would have simply vaporized teth.

fangirl101
Originally posted by quanchi112
When did he upgrade himself for sc? Have a scan?
When has he not been constantly upgrading himself. Picking up tech along the way here and there. he even makes it clear that he's going to do HIS BEST to helpt he AM so that the AM can kill him.

quanchi112
When has he not been constantly upgrading himself. Picking up tech along the way here and there. he even makes it clear that he's going to do HIS BEST to helpt he AM so that the AM can kill him. So you dont have a scan. Speculation. Why would he upgrade himself to be at his most powerful and hardest to destroy? He joined the sc,so that Am would destroy him. Why would he upgrade himself to make it more difficult? Then, during the battle jump in front of that blast. Your argument doesnt make any sense and is pure speculation.

fangirl101
So you dont have a scan. Speculation. Why would he upgrade himself to be at his most powerful and hardest to destroy? He joined the sc,so that Am would destroy him. Why would he upgrade himself to make it more difficult? Then, during the battle jump in front of that blast. Your argument doesnt make any sense and is pure speculation.
No. your argument doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter how powerful he would upgrade himself. The AM wave destroys EVERYTHING. Nothing can stand up to it. Henshaw would have died along with everyone else once the AM was at full power.

quanchi112
No. your argument doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter how powerful he would upgrade himself. The AM wave destroys EVERYTHING. Nothing can stand up to it. Henshaw would have died along with everyone else once the AM was at full power. Then why did he jump at this explosion? Why wouldnt he continue to fight with them as opposed to jump at the first chance to destroy himself?

Also ,there is no mention of an upgrade or a scan. Its redicilous.

OneDumbG0
I don't care to go back and forth with you. Any one can see that henshaw is far more durable than a planet busting explosions. Especially since he UPGRADES himself. As if. Apparently, Geoff Johns doesn't think he is:

Like I said. Being almost completely obliterated by a galaxy-destroying explosion does not make being mostly destroyed by a planet-destroying explosion a low feat. Same way that having your flesh completely burned away by Nuke blowing up does not make having most of your flesh seared away by molten steel a low feat. Understand?

Anyway... according to you, for durability... Black Adam = Beta Ray Bill > Hank Henshaw. Only Hank Henshaw > Black Adam = Beta Ray Bill at the same time. This should go without saying... but you can't have it both ways.

fangirl101
Then why did he jump at this explosion? Why wouldnt he continue to fight with them as opposed to jump at the first chance to destroy himself?

Also ,there is no mention of an upgrade or a scan. Its redicilous.

Hmm. Superboy prime got an upgrade in that suit. As far as I can remember henshaw absorbs tech into himself all of the time. He can even reform himself. So what makes you think that after the planet exploded he didn't ABSORB better tech? How else would he REFORM?

fangirl101
Apparently, Geoff Johns doesn't think he is:

Like I said. Being almost completely obliterated by a galaxy-destroying explosion does not make being mostly destroyed by a planet-destroying explosion a low feat. Same way that having your flesh completely burned away by Nuke blowing up does not make having most of your flesh seared away by molten steel a low feat. Understand?

No. You don't understand. If I get mostly burned by molten steel then that is the thresh hold of my limits. If I get hit with a nuke at ground zero i am supposed ot not exist.

OneDumbG0
No. You don't understand. If I get mostly burned by molten steel then that is the thresh hold of my limits. If I get hit with a nuke at ground zero i am supposed ot not exist. We're talking Wolverine here and your either equivocating, or you're confusing yourself. So let me start over in case you're sincerely confused:

1) Wolverine has been dropped into molten steel. He had nearly all his flesh seared off. He was able to climb out.

2) Wolverine also got attacked by Nitro, in what effectively was a localized nuke. He had all his flesh seared off. Took him a while to grow it back.

Now. Can both scenes coincide with each other? Yes. Do they contradict each other? No. Obviously not. Does the latter feat make you scream out bloody murder, "That's bs... he took a nuke! He shoulda easily taken molten steel! That's a low feat!" No. Can Wolverine still be defeated by molten steel? Yes. Same situation with Henshaw:

1) Henshaw got engulfed in a planet-destroying blast. He was mostly destroyed, had most of his head and part of his torso intact.

2) Henshaw got engulfed in a galaxy-destroying blast. He was almost completely obliterated except for a piece of his face and part of his spinal column.

Now. Can both scenes coincide with each other? Yes. Do they contradict each other? No. Obviously not. Does the latter feat make you scream out bloody murder, "That's bs... he took a galaxy-destroying blast! He shoulda easily taken a planet-destroying blast! That's a low feat!" It shouldn't. Can Henshaw still be defeated by a planet-destroying blast? Yes.

And no amount of baseless speculation (of these imaginary upgrades) changes that. Because everything I'm asserting is supported on-panel and deduced through simple reasoning. The two feats are not mutually dispositive of each other.

jrodslam
Adam.

quanchi112
Hmm. Superboy prime got an upgrade in that suit. As far as I can remember henshaw absorbs tech into himself all of the time. He can even reform himself. So what makes you think that after the planet exploded he didn't ABSORB better tech? How else would he REFORM? Superman prime's suit was designed to feed him solar energy. In sc he was more powerful when his full power came back without the suit as opposed to wearing the suit. Your argument just ate itself.

Henshaw was dead. The manhunters clearly revived him. Even if you disagree and say he wasnt dead. For the purposes of this thread he lost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.