Check Out Scythe's Guitar!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Her name is Chupacabra. She's a Custom Jackson WRMG. I recently put on some heavy black strings. Nice.

Scythe
Another beauty shot of it.

Röland
Cool looking guitar. thumb up

I know nothing of actually playing music on any instrument but it looks kick ass.

Scythe
And another.

Impediment
Schweet. How much did she set you back?

Scythe
And a picture of my goat!

Raven Guardia
hot looking guitar...and you actually have a goat? ermm

TRH
nice guitar, nicer goat

Scythe
Originally posted by Impediment
Schweet. How much did she set you back?

Well, it set me back around $3,000. Which is good, since the guitar itself is worth $7,000.

Originally posted by Raven Guardia
hot looking guitar...and you actually have a goat? ermm

Thanks, and yes, I do have a goat. His name is Baphy.

Originally posted by TRH
nice guitar, nicer goat

Yeah? You like my goat better then my guitar? Awesome.

Wild-Cherry
Hot raver

and I like teh goat.

TRH
Originally posted by Scythe
Well, it set me back around $3,000. Which is good, since the guitar itself is worth $7,000.

Thanks, and yes, I do have a goat. His name is Baphy.

Yeah? You like my goat better then my guitar? Awesome. yes i like animals

Scythe
Yeah, Baphy is awesome. I've had him for about five years.

TRH
Yeah, Baphy is awesome. I've had him for about five years. how long do they live

Scythe
Goats? They can have a lifespan of up to ten or fifteen years. They get sick easily.

TRH
Goats? They can have a lifespan of up to ten or fifteen years. They get sick easily. oh

Scythe
Yeah...

Mywi

Scythe

RaventheOnly
Did you sell your other goat to get the guitar? ^> ^ hehe

Scythe
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Did you sell your other goat to get the guitar? ^> ^ hehe

No way, I can't eat a guitar.

RaventheOnly
Or can you? shifty

Ytse
I take it that's not for playing Dylan covers.

Scythe
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Or can you? shifty

I...umm...dammit, now you got that in my head...

Originally posted by Ytse
I take it that's not for playing Dylan covers.

Hahaha, I suppose not. It has way too much gain. You could still play some Dylan on the upper neck pick-up but there are other guitars that'll get the job done. This one will have to sit throughout most of the soft stuff.

Bob Dylan kicks ass though.

Ytse
This one will have to sit throughout most of the soft stuff.

Too bad. I think some hard riffing, maybe some divebombs, a pinch harmonic here and there...yeah, that could totally uncover a new facet of Blonde on Blonde or something.

Scythe
Too bad. I think some hard riffing, maybe some divebombs, a pinch harmonic here and there...yeah, that could totally uncover a new facet of Blonde on Blonde or something.

It's my work guitar. My band and I play deathmetal so this guitar had to optimized for heavy shit. Hence the EMG pick-ups and the Floyd Rose Tremelo. My well rounded guitars are a custom Epiphone Explorer and a Fender Strat.

Ytse
It's my work guitar. My band and I play deathmetal so this guitar had to optimized for heavy shit. Hence the EMG pick-ups and the Floyd Rose Tremelo. My well rounded guitars are a custom Epiphone Explorer and a Fender Strat.

Heh. I fell in love with the Explorer in 9th grade when I got into Metallica. Hetfield had a few. And Strats are good for pretty much anything. As a weapon even.

Scythe
Heh. I fell in love with the Explorer in 9th grade when I got into Metallica. Hetfield had a few. And Strats are good for pretty much anything. As a weapon even.

Yeah, Explorers are sooo nice. Mine has an Epiphone sledge neck on it. It has such a slick feel to it.

Scythe
Fixed my baby up with some DR Handmade Black Strings in heavy gauge. She's set to kill.

Grinning Goku
Another beauty shot of it.

Damn. I wish I could play that. sad

Scythe
Not that hard to learn. Give it a try, you might create something amazing.

Impediment
What would you describe as the sound of your band Scythe? Seriously. Any hard metal influences? What are your personal musical influences?

Scythe
What would you describe as the sound of your band Scythe? Seriously. Any hard metal influences? What are your personal musical influences?

Well Matt, to be serious with you, alot of are creativity comes from myself. If you wanna trace back any influences, I suppose GWAR would be the main ones. I picked up a guitar because of Balsac. I was a small goat who wanted to be as cool as him ya know?

As for as sounding? That's an odd question to answer, because my vocal pitch can achieve Black/Death/Punkmetal, I change it up quite a bit during each song. We're the type of band that plays a different show every time we play, even though we play the same songs. When we've asked our fans to tell us who we sound like that's already mainstream, they've all said we nailed the whole GWAR used to be punk now sounds metal influence down. Some people have reffered us to sounding like The band's Strung Out, early Bad Religion and Cannibal Corpse. Then again, Slipknot is thrown in there because of our helmets/masks that adorn our faces.

Schecter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/andthentherewhere2.jpg

~Pielover~
Her name is Chupacabra. She's a Custom Jackson WRMG. I recently put on some heavy black strings. Nice. Looks pretty kick-it-to-the-ass.

Impediment
Cannibal Corpse pre or post Chris Barnes?

I, myself, prefer Chris Barnes' growls. Tomb of the Mutilated=Best Cannibal Corpse album ever.

doomsday49
do you write your own stuff?

Scythe
Originally posted by Schecter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/andthentherewhere2.jpg

Are those yours? Nice Coffin Case. I had to get the extended one, a normal one wouldn't fit my sharp jagged guitar.

Originally posted by ~Pielover~
Looks pretty kick-it-to-the-ass.

Thank you?

Scythe
Originally posted by doomsday49

Of course. Lately I've been making a living off being a freelance guitarist. I've been hired by two Jazz bands, a Death Rap band and a few punk bands.

Also wrapping up our 'Unmasked Tour' which ends in Corona Cali.

~Pielover~
Of course. Lately I've been making a living off being a freelance guitarist. I've been hired by two Jazz bands, a Death Rap band and a few punk bands.

Also wrapping up our 'Unmasked Tour' which ends in Corona Cali. Lemme guess. At the end of the tour, you're all gonna take off your masks?

(BTw, you making any stops in Pittsburgh?)

Scythe
Lemme guess. At the end of the tour, you're all gonna take off your masks?

(BTw, you making any stops in Pittsburgh?)

Hehehe, no. The masks come off the minute we step up onstage, what's the point of it being unmasked only until the end?

Ah Pittsburgh, so far we've hit up Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona Nevada and Southern Cali ofcourse. I'll let ya know, it might come up sooner.

Scythe
Cannibal Corpse pre or post Chris Barnes?

I, myself, prefer Chris Barnes' growls. Tomb of the Mutilated=Best Cannibal Corpse album ever.

Ah dude, ofcourse Chris Barnes influenced.

Originally posted by doomsday49

Ofcourse I do.

Mywi
Yeah! Thanks sister, you probably made my goat blush.

That's the guitar I waited like a year and a half for it to get built. It was worth it! hehe, give your goat a hug from me. smile

definitely ! i too, want a guitar of my own to play with. slide

Schecter
Are those yours? Nice Coffin Case. I had to get the extended one, a normal one wouldn't fit my sharp jagged guitar.

those be mine. the coffin case is standard, though they make them larger to accomodate an explorer and king v. a good chance it would fit yours...though i would certainly make sure.

both schecters. both set-neck. the flametop is a real honey. the neck is super thin but the pickups kinda suck. the quilted top, while coming up short with a thicker neck, is still fast with great tone, emg pickups, and original floyd rose tremolo...plus its just ****ing gorgeous...cant walk by without checking it out. here's a company photo which does it a bit more justice:

http://www.pulseonline.com/Schecter/bigHellraiserC1FR_BCH.jpg

:edit: its red so you gotta love it

Scythe
Originally posted by Mywi
hehe, give your goat a hug from me. smile

definitely ! i too, want a guitar of my own to play with. slide

Whoo! I will!

Originally posted by Schecter
those be mine. the coffin case is standard, though they make them larger to accomodate an explorer and king v. a good chance it would fit yours...though i would certainly make sure.

both schecters. both set-neck. the flametop is a real honey. the neck is super thin but the pickups kinda suck. the quilted top, while coming up short with a thicker neck, is still fast with great tone, emg pickups, and original floyd rose tremolo...plus its just ****ing gorgeous...cant walk by without checking it out. here's a company photo which does it a bit more justice:

http://www.pulseonline.com/Schecter/bigHellraiserC1FR_BCH.jpg

:edit: its red so you gotta love it

No no, I meant, I do own an extended Coffin Case.

Schecter
oh...my bad...its late embarrasment

Scythe
Yeah.

~Pielover~
Hehehe, no. The masks come off the minute we step up onstage, what's the point of it being unmasked only until the end?

Ah Pittsburgh, so far we've hit up Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona Nevada and Southern Cali ofcourse. I'll let ya know, it might come up sooner. Sounds ****tastic. I might have to stop by if you come to Le Burgh.

Scythe
Sounds ****tastic. I might have to stop by if you come to Le Burgh.

Le Burgh? I'm gonna write that location down in my agenda so I don't forget. Next time we'll be around, I'll try to map out a route and talk to local vendors. Sucks, because I don't know of any venues from around there. Think you can provide some names of places that hire live music?

Shelbert Lemon
Goats? They can have a lifespan of up to ten or fifteen years. They get sick easily. Rabbits get sick easy too. My daughter has one. Baphy is cute. happy

Ah Pittsburgh, so far we've hit up Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona Nevada and Southern Cali ofcourse. I'll let ya know, it might come up sooner. Where at in Nevada? Already been there or is it still to come?

Scythe
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
Rabbits get sick easy too. My daughter has one. Baphy is cute. happy

Thanks, I'll make sure I tell him.

Where at in Nevada? Already been there or is it still to come?

Las Vegas ofcourse. We do alot of house/private gigs there.

Shelbert Lemon
Thanks, I'll make sure I tell him.

Las Vegas ofcourse. We do alot of house/private gigs there. Sweet. I may see you sometime then.

Scythe
Sweet. I may see you sometime then.

Sweet, I'll give you a heads up when I'm around.

Shelbert Lemon
Sweet, I'll give you a heads up when I'm around. Sweet. happy

I notice I say sweet.. alot ermm

Scythe
Sweet. happy

I notice I say sweet.. alot ermm

But I say 'sweet' though...

Shelbert Lemon
But I say 'sweet' though... I just started though..

Baylin
That's a nice looking axe you got Scythe!

I have a lovely plank of very old (about 80years) mahogany that I'm hoping to start turning into a custom job within the next year or so happy

Scythe
I just started though..

Stole it from me!

Originally posted by Baylin
That's a nice looking axe you got Scythe!

I have a lovely plank of very old (about 80years) mahogany that I'm hoping to start turning into a custom job within the next year or so happy

Thanks.

Shelbert Lemon
Stole it from me!

care to share?

Scythe
care to share?

Sure!

Shelbert Lemon
Sure! Sweet. happy

Scythe
Sweet. happy

Anytime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.