Identity problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ytse
Hey,

I'm being accused of being a former member who seems to have been banned. It wouldn't be a problem except someone is trying to use it to discredit everything I say. My posts are repeatedly being responded to with a picture of a sock.

Humorous but very annoying. And totally unfair. Is there anything I can do to clear this up?

Schecter
whats funny is EVERY TIME someone makes a "why am being called a sock?" thread, they are in fact a sock laughing out loud just what ive observed.

Ytse
Originally posted by Schecter
whats funny is EVERY TIME someone makes a "why am being called a sock?" thread, they are in fact a sock laughing out loud just what ive observed.

This isn't helpful. sad

Are you saying that even if there is no proof I'm a "sock" the idea just has to be introduced to the community and then I'm screwed?

Brilliant...

Adam_PoE

laughing

Ytse
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
laughing

This is the guy giving me grief.

I've tried reporting his posts but the moderators haven't said anything in regards to the issue.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Ytse
This is the guy giving me grief.

I've tried reporting his posts but the moderators haven't said anything in regards to the issue.

I already reported you for socking and trolling days ago.

Ytse
I already reported you for socking and trolling days ago.

Good.

Then the admins will look at my IP and I'll be vindicated.

Adam_PoE
Good.

Because banned members have never created sock accounts with new IP addresses. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ytse
Because banned members have never created sock accounts with new IP addresses. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I really don't know a ton about computers but they'll see my geographic location and they'll see all of my posts have been from that same place.

If that isn't the case then it seems you're saying that there's no way to verify whether I'm a "sock" or not and that you feel it's prudent to alienate me and be a jerk based on some pretty weak evidence.

I think you should be a little bit more objective here because this is really not fair to me.

Schecter
Good.

yup, its official

FAIL

Ytse
This is the forum I was directed to for such questions. But all I've gotten here is more of the same nonsense.

Can anyone other than these two tell me how to clear this up?

Adam_PoE
This is the forum I was directed to for such questions. But all I've gotten here is more of the same nonsense.

Can anyone other than these two tell me how to clear this up?

http://www.synergyoferedar.com/e107_images/newspost_images/1_1158096118_KILL_Y.jpg

Utrigita
No that is not the way but perhaps you should do it instead and get the new member some space that would be appriciated.

It is near impossible to get out of the evil circle especially with some jerk (no names but look at the post above) constantly messing around and making you member time here a living hell, funny KMC used to be a friendly forum to many idiots must have joined lately.

Now for the IP-adresse, a proxy IP changes at any given time, and it is therefore impossible to know if you are a new member ore a old banned, but you Real IP-address the one that allows you access to the net the one you needs a new order (a entire new account at you internet host), I don't know if they can see that one but I believe they can. Els go to http://www.leader.ru/secure/who.html and tjeck it out (hope mine isn't there) now thats you real then contact the one that got kicked out and ask him polite to do the same with a little luck he will then ask him to mail it to the moderators and mail you own to that SHOULD clear up any mistake.

Ytse
Thanks, Utrigita.

I'll just use the "report" function as necessary I suppose.

Utrigita
Do that els try find out what exactly the person did and make sure you doesn't do it okay... Hope it gets better, it is really funny being on here big grin

Devil King
First of all, in regards to the overwhelming sock mania that goes on here these days, it is practically a paranoia. So that only serves to vindicate the socking members. They get banned, take it personally, and return over and over again in order to destroy the forums and incite frenzy. In this respect the trolling socks have won.

Secondly, the many long time members are rarely wrong when they identify a new member that is a sock. It's no one thing that gives it away. Sometimes it's the personality of the new member, sometimes it's the fact that a completely new member arrives on the boards and exhibits animosity towards certain members or subjects.

When a brand new member arrives and sets in to immeadiately post in threads with the same personality and anger over the thread's topic, it's clear that they aren't a brand new member. Having the same opinion as a banned member isn't indicative of being a sock, but expressing those same opinions in exactly the same manner is.

Ytse
Originally posted by Devil King
First of all, in regards to the overwhelming sock mania that goes on here these days, it is practically a paranoia.

It's a witch hunt apparently.

They're entirely wrong in this case. Why is noone willing to give me the benefit of the doubt? I've reported posts and I've PM'd moderators but they have nothing to say to me.

Firstly, I'm not angry. I'm frustrated. I just join the messageboard and I get inundated with all of these accusations right off the bat. Are you saying my response is unreasonable?

Secondly, I went right for those topics because I frequent a number of theology boards. It's an interest of mine.

Any connection there is entirely specious.

Devil King
Are you saying my response is unreasonable?

I am not addressing you at all.

~Forever*Alone~
get a avatar and signature ?

BakaXero
well... from what i've seen KMC does give alot of people of people second chances.
Even if he was a sock without proof nothing could be done unless he offends, but if members continue to harrass the person they think to be a sock, they themselves will be the one that may up being banned.
Let him be for now, if he does something wrong again then report him.
There have been members in the past who have behaved inappropriately got themselves banned, made a new account and have themselve become acceptable members of the community.

Utrigita
First of all, in regards to the overwhelming sock mania that goes on here these days, it is practically a paranoia. So that only serves to vindicate the socking members. They get banned, take it personally, and return over and over again in order to destroy the forums and incite frenzy. In this respect the trolling socks have won.

Secondly, the many long time members are rarely wrong when they identify a new member that is a sock. It's no one thing that gives it away. Sometimes it's the personality of the new member, sometimes it's the fact that a completely new member arrives on the boards and exhibits animosity towards certain members or subjects.

When a brand new member arrives and sets in to immeadiately post in threads with the same personality and anger over the thread's topic, it's clear that they aren't a brand new member. Having the same opinion as a banned member isn't indicative of being a sock, but expressing those same opinions in exactly the same manner is.

Thats isn't my experience it is actually quiet the opposite. My first day I said I was a dane and BAM I was jugde, because of my being a Dane making a thread (Galactus Vs Celestials) that was enough to make me Judge and only that two things, haven't even written anything.

Sometimes member joins just to ask a question I did as also memtioned above.

{{QS}}
Originally posted by Utrigita
Thats isn't my experience it is actually quiet the opposite. My first day I said I was a dane and BAM I was jugde, because of my being a Dane making a thread (Galactus Vs Celestials) that was enough to make me Judge and only that two things, haven't even written anything.

You seem to intelligent to be the Judge i mean he was an idiot.

Devil King

I don't believe I know you.

Utrigita
Originally posted by {{QS}}
You seem to intelligent to be the Judge i mean he was an idiot.

Thanks, it also stopped pretty quickly but the fact remain that a very lange procentage of the member believed I was Judge because of me joining and making a thread and answearing a question about my nationality.

Utrigita
I don't believe I know you.

You probably doesn't I spend most of my time in the Comic vs forum and some time in the history forum but that is mainly reading.

Schecter
like it or not, most (and i mean MOST) sock trolls come from the versus forum. if people notice a pattern they will say something. so once in a while they are wrong. most of the time they are right. keep in mind i dont refer to you since i really dont know this 'judge' clown to begin with, so i have no idea. i know its not fair that people are suspicious, but life's not fair. just be thankful you've only been wrongly accused of something so trivial as opposed to murder/rape/theft/etc.

:edit: best way to wash off suspicion is to avoid the topic. sock trolls enjoy fighting in just the same manner. "prove im not a sock", "sock checker cleared me" etc. just avoid it. if anyone pisses you off to where you cant then either PM them or ignore them. its all i can suggest. but dont complain about it not being fair because...nobody cares.

Starhawk

Yes but the problem is using that logic I could accuse anyone of being a sock.

{{QS}}
Originally posted by Starhawk

Actually you couldn't because you'd also need to say who they were a sock of.

Tattoo

Like we can call you Eclipso. happy

Starhawk
Actually you couldn't because you'd also need to say who they were a sock of.

You could pick any banned member you wanted to.

Ytse
i know its not fair that people are suspicious, but life's not fair. just be thankful you've only been wrongly accused of something so trivial as opposed to murder/rape/theft/etc.

There is a difference in being suspicious and making dozens of public accusations in a hostile manner. Which is what I experienced my first day registered here.

It makes me think some of these people are total jerks. It's hard for me to fathom why any rational person would think such behavior is justified, let alone prudent. I didn't even know what the hell a "sock" was supposed to mean so I had to go to freaking urban dictionary and look it up.

{{QS}}
You could pick any banned member you wanted to.

Actually you couldn't as behaviours are often looked at.Whirly likes the GDF and OTF and likes fake persona's.You on the other hand make a certain style of sig that is highly identifiable.

Tattoo
Actually you couldn't as behaviours are often looked at.Whirly likes the GDF and OTF and likes fake persona's.You on the other hand make a certain style of sig that is highly identifiable.

Same exact style of sig Eclipso made too. wink

Schecter
There is a difference in being suspicious and making dozens of public accusations in a hostile manner. Which is what I experienced my first day registered here.

It makes me think some of these people are total jerks. It's hard for me to fathom why any rational person would think such behavior is justified, let alone prudent. I didn't even know what the hell a "sock" was supposed to mean so I had to go to freaking urban dictionary and look it up.

oh you're so damn dramatic. i recommend suing them all for mental distress, pain and suffering roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ytse
oh you're so damn dramatic.

*jazz hands*

But yeah, drama aside...I'm right.

Schecter
like i said, the more you press the issue the more suspicious people become. this is because of the apparent trend where people who really arent sock trolls just want everyone to stfu about it, while actual sock trolls have to keep combatting and arguing the point ad nauseum. people have a short attention span here, so you can either feed it or just chill out and deal with it. there is an 'ignore' function at KMC, as well as private messenging, or if you cant deal with either you can always use the 'report' function.

Starhawk

Actually no I don't and there are many people on here that use my sig style I know because I use their work as a basis for mine.

The point is, in the past calling someone guilty based on nothing but half guesses and circumstantial evidence has had allot of consequences. And what if you were the wrongfully accused and no matter what you said no one believed you?

Schecter
Actually no I don't and there are many people on here that use my sig style I know because I use their work as a basis for mine.

The point is, in the past calling someone guilty based on nothing but half guesses and circumstantial evidence has had allot of consequences. And what if you were the wrongfully accused and no matter what you said no one believed you?

you fail yipyap

Syren
pointandlaugh

Utrigita
like it or not, most (and i mean MOST) sock trolls come from the versus forum. if people notice a pattern they will say something. so once in a while they are wrong. most of the time they are right. keep in mind i dont refer to you since i really dont know this 'judge' clown to begin with, so i have no idea. i know its not fair that people are suspicious, but life's not fair. just be thankful you've only been wrongly accused of something so trivial as opposed to murder/rape/theft/etc.

:edit: best way to wash off suspicion is to avoid the topic. sock trolls enjoy fighting in just the same manner. "prove im not a sock", "sock checker cleared me" etc. just avoid it. if anyone pisses you off to where you cant then either PM them or ignore them. its all i can suggest. but dont complain about it not being fair because...nobody cares.

Sometimes it seems like that is the crime commited for trolling sock ore things of that nature.

It is two sided if I choose to stay on the topic to prove my innocence then "hey it is him" but if I stay off that topic you can be sure that the members who believes me to be another person will follow me anywhere I go in that entire section, because they have some weird and twisted idea that because I am leaving is because they are right about there suspecion so what do you do then ... do nothing you are judged and do something you are still judged.

Schecter
Sometimes it seems like that is the crime commited for trolling sock ore things of that nature.

It is two sided if I choose to stay on the topic to prove my innocence then "hey it is him" but if I stay off that topic you can be sure that the members who believes me to be another person will follow me anywhere I go in that entire section, because they have some weird and twisted idea that because I am leaving is because they are right about there suspecion so what do you do then ... do nothing you are judged and do something you are still judged.

judged? so you wont feel vindicated unless people on the internet stop judging you? good luck with that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

say what you want about grave injustices. blame the lowlife scum who troll the shit out of this forum under so many assumed names.

Utrigita
No I doesn't but I find it quiet irritating to being assumed for beinging someone that I am not, lets say you go in somewhere and would like to debate something and every time you post something you gets beaten down for saying it just because you are believed to be another member ... that isn't the way a forum should work.

I am but have you even tried it to be accused of being someone different ???

Schecter
No I doesn't but I find it quiet irritating to being assumed for beinging someone that I am not, lets say you go in somewhere and would like to debate something and every time you post something you gets beaten down for saying it just because you are believed to be another member ... that isn't the way a forum should work.

I am but have you even tried it to be accused of being someone different ???

on the internet? probably. never gave a shit because i prioritise things in my life. have i been stalked and trolled? absolutely. you can either ignore and/or report, or if you wish you can make them look like a jackass. crying is also an option but one which doesnt gain much respect on the interwebs. catch my drift?

Starhawk
Basically, if you are accused of being a sock there is nothing you can do. Those that believe your innocent will and those that don't will never change their minds. But it is a case where you need absolute proof, because if your wrong you've cost them their account.

BakaXero
Yes, I'm sure many people on the net would feel guilty about that. ermm
I'd personally move one with my life, the only person it would affect is the person who is banned and maybe the person that help provide proof of reason to ban a member if the banned member somehow get hold of their contact details and harass them, but other then that, I don't think a single other person would care. Banned members a banned for a reason, I'd say KMC is more then fair when it comes to someone being banned. There have beened some odd cases where members have mistakenly been banned, but those are rare and usually rectified as soon as possible when it's shown to be true.

Dangerous
This forum seriously has a problem.
I am being confused with the Judge all the time, and it starts to bug me.

Utrigita
on the internet? probably. never gave a shit because i prioritise things in my life. have i been stalked and trolled? absolutely. you can either ignore and/or report, or if you wish you can make them look like a jackass. crying is also an option but one which doesnt gain much respect on the interwebs. catch my drift?

Yes I do but I don't understand you quiet non chalant view on the subject that you can put it aside that is great for you but some people are really getting irritated and frustrated by this.

And what help ignore and report when the moderators like in this guys case isn't doing anything to help it ...

Schecter
Yes I do but I don't understand you quiet non chalant view on the subject that you can put it aside that is great for you but some people are really getting irritated and frustrated by this.

boo hoo

And what help ignore and report when the moderators like in this guys case isn't doing anything to help it ...

*see above*

really, nobody gives a shit.
ive tried explaining the situation but you keep pressing the issue in the exact same manner in which sock trolls press the issue. "nobody should ever be accused of being a sock troll" is your argument and i say "boo hoo".
whether or not you really are, this applies to you. sorry if i seem detatched and unsympathetic, but i just am.

Originally posted by Dangerous
This forum seriously has a problem.
I am being confused with the Judge all the time, and it starts to bug me.
..and you, as well as the OP

here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/448766_1-should-mods-have-to-explain-bans

you can clearly see that (assuming you're not a troll) these sock trolls argue the exact same point. THAT is what ive been trying to explain, on deaf ears. so deal with it because nobody cares.

Utrigita
you are a waste of time, the ignore button is actually getting quite interesting, because the only that is at this moment trolling ore spamming is you how doesn't bring anything into this thread, get out of here and go somewhere els and make fun of people.

Schecter
you are a waste of time, the ignore button is actually getting quite interesting, because the only that is at this moment trolling ore spamming is you how doesn't bring anything into this thread, get out of here and go somewhere els and make fun of people.

no. since i am not trolling, i wont.
if the truth makes you want to cry in your pillow then maybe you should just drop it and go somewhere else.

Dangerous
I agree with Utrigita

Starhawk

I know how he feels, 80% of the time they ignore my complaints as well due to the fact that I am a friend of eclipso, A person they don't like.

Starhawk
no. since i am not trolling, i wont.
if the truth makes you want to cry in your pillow then maybe you should just drop it and go somewhere else.

Says the guy who is a sock.

Schecter

I know how he feels, 80% of the time they ignore my complaints as well due to the fact that I am a friend of eclipso, A person they don't like.
you can partly thank this guy. btw, learn wtf a 'sock' means before you accuse people of being one.

Originally posted by Dangerous
I agree with Utrigita

noted, filed, forgotten

Ytse

Starhawk, if you're also being accused of being a sock I can understand the frustration but let's not accuse other people. I know Schecter is being openly abrasive but he is right on one point...and that's that we have to deal with it and move on. It's extremely annoying but the only alternative is to just leave.

Starhawk
Schecter is PVS, he openly admits it.

Schecter

that plus the fact that i wasnt banned means im not a sock.
a sock is one who pretends to be someone else, be them banned or otherwise.
you fail again yipyap

Ytse
I don't know what PVS means, heh.

Schecter
its just my initials

:edit: also stands for persistantly vegetative state

{{QS}}

Look at the start of the should Mod's explain bans, i was wrongly accused and name another person who makes sigs like yours?

edit:How the hell is Schecter a sock he's an old member who i'm guessing randomized his password or deleted his email

BakaXero
The diffence between PVS and some other members is that there is valid reason for making his account. I believe it had something to do with random passwords. His old account has been suspended and it wasn't because he went around causing problems. Deletion of an old account for a new has not really been a big problem as far as i can see. Having multiple accounts is, or making another account just to return from a banning to repeat similar actions as before is. If you read his profile and the reason for banning of the PVS account you would have knownermm
you should correct the meaning of Trolling and spamming in your dictionary, It seems very inaccurate to me.no expression
I don't know what PVS means, heh.
PVS is Schecter's old account. I was confused at first too.haermm
then i checked the member's list 1234

Schecter
no, i just trashed my old account. they could have reset the password but i chose to just trash it.

point is a sock means 'sock puppet' and as the name clearly suggests a sock attempts to pretend they are someone else to either

1-disguise the fact that they were already banned

2-immitate/slander another member (rare these days)

3-to offer emotional support to themselves in threads/gang up on another member (one sad troll does this. he quotes and agrees with himself...never saw this nonesense before him)

Lana

No, generally if a complaint is ignored it's because it's felt that it's not worth doing anything about, because it's not a big deal and/or not breaking the rules.

Schecter
or that the complainer is completely full of shit...either/or

Adam_PoE
The title of this thread should be changed from "Identity Problem" to "Socks on Parade."

BakaXero
no, i just trashed my old account. they could have reset the password but i chose to just trash it.

point is a sock means 'sock puppet' and as the name clearly suggests a sock attempts to pretend they are someone else to either

1-disguise the fact that they were already banned

2-immitate/slander another member (rare these days)

3-to offer emotional support to themselves in threads/gang up on another member (one sad troll does this. he quotes and agrees with himself...never saw this nonesense before him)
yes i realised you chose to abandon your old account. I just have problems choosing the right words to explain things sometimes.
I find KMC is very lenient with the first one. If a banned member returns with a better person then what they were before, then KMC and it members can be very forgiving (not all, but most), provided they haven't caused reason to be really hated by members.

Schecter
here's the problem:

Syren
laughing

zozo_yoyo_xoxo

Did you ever think they wouldn't win. Although I doubt the motivations you attribute are the sock trolls original intentions. Which is strange because you can be quite perceptive and less foolish than many on this site.

I doubt they take much personally. I suspect they are amused. I also only see a frenzy from a few (who lets be honest are carricatures themselves and a bit sad).

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Did you ever think they wouldn't win. Although I doubt the motivations you attribute are the sock trolls original intentions. Which is strange because you can be quite perceptive and less foolish than many on this site.

I doubt they take much personally. I suspect they are amused. I also only see a frenzy from a few (who lets be honest are carricatures themselves and a bit sad).

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/super_hottie_2/sock.jpg

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/super_hottie_2/sock.jpg

I suggest you clean those, what a strange fetish.

Schecter
wokka wokka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.