Canada's Million Dollar Coin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by AngryManatee
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/293890.jpg

It takes about six weeks to make and has a face value of 1 million Canadian dollars ($903,628), though it sells for approximately $2.7 million depending on the market value of gold.

Canadians are stupid (if this is true)

AngryManatee
They should make coin machines for these things for millionaires to buy stuff. Want a house? Pop in one of these babies into the slot, and position the crane machine to grab the house you want. Oh crap they missed it. Try again please laughing

Starhawk
This makes me want to puke. Yeah let's not focus on the environment, let's waste time and resources on this.

Magee
yes damn them, all the mints in the world should just stop making money and go over to Africa to help the sick and the dieing. Then we should cut carbon emissions by 100% all over the world in the space of 1 week and then of course, world peace to top it all off. I love my sugar coated planet, wish it were real world but unfortunatley we are human so ufl.

Fishy
Originally posted by Starhawk
This makes me want to puke. Yeah let's not focus on the environment, let's waste time and resources on this.

Look on the bright side, when people give to charity they usually just give some coins, this is a coin..

Ytse

Art produced by the government is an interesting idea. I suppose that's the appeal of coin collecting.

silver_tears
I love it!

Robtard

Hey, there's a thread you specifically made to rant about 'Canada & The Enviroment', so try to stick to the topic of this one.

P.S. This is lame, it's Canada though. erm

chillmeistergen
I love carbon emissions, I think they're fun.

Robtard
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I love carbon emissions, I think they're fun.

You love anything to do with gas...

chillmeistergen
Very witty

agent 667
This makes me want to puke. Yeah let's not focus on the environment, let's waste time and resources on this. I totally agree. You should start by selling your car wink

meep-meep
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Canadians are stupid (if this is true)

I don't see your reasoning. I'm sure the Canadian government is making a profit on the sale of these coins. The article states that the coins are worth around 900k each but they sell for more than 2 mil. a piece.

In the words of Major Benson Winifred Payne 'Who's da dummy Na?'

meep-meep
Originally posted by AngryManatee
They should make coin machines for these things for millionaires to buy stuff. Want a house? Pop in one of these babies into the slot, and position the crane machine to grab the house you want. Oh crap they missed it. Try again please laughing

laughing That's hilarious. It reminds me of something I'd see on a show like Futurama.

Schecter
**** that. id rather have a million's worth of 1ounce bullion.

then i can swim in gold coins like scrooge mcduck

Leo.M
Now thats a coin I would love to find underneath my couch. stick out tongue

{{QS}}

Trust me whatever Canada stops emitting China and the USA will make up for.This will have people coming to Canada to see them, promote Canada's gold industry and overall raise it's economy so its not that bad.

WrathfulDwarf
I betcha the chocolate wrap in that gold foil must be delicious!

ragesRemorse

tree hugger laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.