Sam Raimi, you have betrayed me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Yet another "Spider-Man 3 sucks" thread.

Here's how the movie should have gone:

1. The beginning stays the same--meteorite crash, symbiote, etc. Eddie Brock is introduced right away.

2. Harry becomes the Green Goblin II/Hobgoblin/whatever.

3. The symbiote bonds to Peter. He can't get rid of it. We seen an increase in his aggression in dealing with other crooks. Meanwhile, the Eddie Brock/photoshop scandal ensues.

4. Harry attacks Peter repeatedly. It culminates with Peter seriously injuring Harry even after Harry was defeated, putting him in the hospital.

5. Peter gets rid of the symbiote suit in the cathedral; it bonds to Eddie.

6. Plot goes from there.

Also, Venom needed to be characterized. Raimi did a shit job on Venom--the crappy voice, no tongue, lack of "we/us," etc.

Mobra
I like how your version was almost exactly the same as Raimi's version.

Evil_Ash
Venom has always looked better without the tongue...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Firstvenom.jpg

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mobra
What he said.

by the way we don't need five spider-man 3 sucks threads put all of this into "spider-man 3.....lame?"

FeceMan
Yeah.

Except we got the symbiote right away, there was no Sandman, and Venom wasn't a piece of shit.

Mobra
Lol. So how was your version any different? All you said was "the beginning stays the same" "The symbiote bonds to Peter. He can't get rid of it. We seen an increase in his aggression in dealing with other crooks. Meanwhile, the Eddie Brock/photoshop scandal ensues." "Peter gets rid of the symbiote suit in the cathedral; it bonds to Eddie.
" and "plot goes from there"

That's the same movie without the Sandman, and the same Venom.

Unless the problem with Venom was the Sandman.

Menetnashté
Mobra has a point it's the same movie just without sandman and Venom apparently has the same screen time.

Spiderman_RJ
well i told you guys before there would be no tongue becouse some parents reacted negative to it,saying it sugested sexual conotation (WHAT PARENTS DID THEY SHOW THIS)
and i liked the first apearence of venom in the movie,it looked great,but then it started to look more like the 90s version with big mouth.bleh.

Ytse
It would be hard for Sam Raimi to undo the good he did with Army of Darkness.

FeceMan
Lol. So how was your version any different? All you said was "the beginning stays the same" "The symbiote bonds to Peter. He can't get rid of it. We seen an increase in his aggression in dealing with other crooks. Meanwhile, the Eddie Brock/photoshop scandal ensues." "Peter gets rid of the symbiote suit in the cathedral; it bonds to Eddie.
" and "plot goes from there"

That's the same movie without the Sandman, and the same Venom.

Unless the problem with Venom was the Sandman.
Peter can take off the symbiote at will. It changes the whole stupid thing.

It's an entirely different Venom, because Venom, in my version, doesn't suck. There's also no ****tarded "buddy scene" at the end.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by FeceMan
Yeah.

Except we got the symbiote right away, there was no Sandman, and Venom wasn't a piece of shit.

I agree man. Every one is saying there was to many character crammed into one movie. I dissagree, I belive there wasnt enough crafting behind the chracters relevance to the story.

What was up with not explaining any thing behind the origins of Venom and Sandman. What the hell was that damn moleculor dew hickey any way. Usually, Governemnt testing grounds have something called sucurity, and surveilance cameras. It felt as though that thing was placed there for the sole purpose of Sandman falling into.

Also, i hate to beat a dead horse, but the sandmans involvment in Bens murder keeps eating away at me. The more i think about it, themore problems i find. IT just destroyed the relevence of Of peter parkers journey into becomming spiderman. By making the Sandman the killer, You disregard Parkers feelings of being responsible for Bens death. He can no longer blame himself now for being responsible for bens death. This by reaction negates the first movie.

also, Aside from the short scene of being pounded by Sandman, Spiderman was NEVER in danger. It's basic superhero chemistry...Superheros need to be threatend, they need challenges to overcome. I know his challenges were meant to be more internal, but these facts were not executed into an emotional pull for our hero.

I'm no longer refering to the film version of Venom Venom any longer...seeing how someone felt Spidermans greatest enemy diddnt deserve more than ten minutes of screen time or even be named. Im calling him mr black goo man

Mobra
So. . .because he took it off twice it sucks? That's the only thing that you would have done different? That's the only thing you're bitching about? Correct me if I'm wrong but you keep saying that Venom sucks but that's the only reason you give for why he sucks.

And giving Harry a death with his friends by his side is retarded? Yeah, I'd have him jump in front of the glider and sacrifice his life for Peter then have MJ and Peter both spit on his dying body and throw him off the top of the construction site.

Anything less would be betrayl on the part of the director.

ragesRemorse
I think the writers were going for a poetic death to osbourne. He died The opposite way his father did. His father was killed by his own glider trying to kill parker, harry died by his own glider trying to save parker. However it felt redundant to me.

I think fece man was only adding to his previous points on why Venom sucked. Being able to seperate himself at will from the symbiote was kind of silly, though, just like in the second movie where we were told Parker doesnt have to be burdened with his powers if he only wills them away. Venom was a let down no matter how you look at it..a film fan, or a spiderman fan

Mobra
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think the writers were going for a poetic death to osbourne. He died The opposite way his father did. His father was killed by his own glider trying to kill parker, harry died by his own glider trying to save parker. However it felt redundant to me.

I think fece man was only adding to his previous points on why Venom sucked. Being able to seperate himself at will from the symbiote was kind of silly, though, just like in the second movie where we were told Parker doesnt have to be burdened with his powers if he only wills them away. Venom was a let down no matter how you look at it..a film fan, or a spiderman fan I have to admit that when Harry popped the blades out of the glider I said to myself "Harry, you're stupid." but did you really see anythign else happening? Venom would have come close to killing Pete any number of other ways and it was already established that Harry would die for Pete if he had to. Harry was basically destined to die either way you look at it. At least he died a hero instead of dieing a monster. . .oh wait, that's a recurring theme. Infact Doc Ock said the same thing, damn you redundancy.

How was separation silly? It was a suit, it didn't dig into his mouth and latch on to him like it did with Brock. Besides it seem to feed off Pete then be sated after a bit. It could pretty obviously feel Pete's emotions and knew that Pete wasn't going to leave him in the box forever. Once Pete wanted to take the suit off for good in the bell tower the symbiote put up a fight because he knew it was his last chance, then he bonded to the first warm thing he could touch. Eddie. And he didn't take any chances the second time, he even was shown to get into Eddie's mouth, and I would be other places. I don't know how that makes him a let down thematically, he was different than the comic version for sure and I guess that makes him a let-down from the fan perspective, but the drama of his creation was riveting.

As for the siting of the power-loss in the first film. Whatever, I thought it made sense. Since I can't do alot of things correctly when I am stressed to the bone and the love of my life is tearing out my heart and I have an apartment I can't pay for and the aunt who raised me is struggling to keep the house I was raised in. I guess Pete's just so super-human that it doesn't matter. roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules
Beggining credits wasn't the same, it was video clips from 1 and 2, in the beggining credits off 1 and 2 it's not video's but pictures

ragesRemorse

How was separation silly? It was a suit, it didn't dig into his mouth and latch on to him like it did with Brock. Besides it seem to feed off Pete then be sated after a bit. It could pretty obviously feel Pete's emotions and knew that Pete wasn't going to leave him in the box forever. Once Pete wanted to take the suit off for good in the bell tower the symbiote put up a fight because he knew it was his last chance, then he bonded to the first warm thing he could touch. Eddie. And he didn't take any chances the second time, he even was shown to get into Eddie's mouth, and I would be other places. I don't know how that makes him a let down thematically, he was different than the comic version for sure and I guess that makes him a let-down from the fan perspective, but the drama of his creation was riveting.

As for the siting of the power-loss in the first film. Whatever, I thought it made sense. Since I can't do alot of things correctly when I am stressed to the bone and the love of my life is tearing out my heart and I have an apartment I can't pay for and the aunt who raised me is struggling to keep the house I was raised in. I guess Pete's just so super-human that it doesn't matter. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The execution towards the symbiote connection with Pete and how it compromised his life was nearly non existent aside from Pete changing the way he wore his hair. Aside from the scene where he was talking on the phone in his building and blatantly taking his neighbor for advantage, the only other situation that showcased his change was roughing up the bouncer.
You may say that the fight sequence where he thought he thought he kiled the sandman showed how vindictive he bacame due to the suit, but I assumed that was done because he thought sandman was his uncles killer. As an audience memeber i felt no urgency for Parker to disbond with the symbiote, This is because I felt there was not enough change established in Parkers character. He diddnt sabotage himself through any unwarranted reactions because of the suit, but because of the emotional impact of the situations. He diddnt conduct himself any differently as Spiderman while wearing the suit, aside from acting more like Spidermans actual character from the comics. I dont think there was very much wrong with the story as much with the execution.
And being able to simply take the suit off at will without hesitation was a mistake i thought, atleast as a movie fan, because it gave no sense of threat.

As for Mr black goo mans introduction being a let down. Aside from the scene feeling rushed and out of place for me there was nothing wrong with how the suit found Brock, I would have been more satisfied had Brock been at the church other than by sheer happenstance. The over all impact of mr black goo mans presence was the let down for me, that and the introduction to the symbiote all together. No acknowledgment other than a 2 minute scene at a science lab. and a metoer crashing to Earth. I guess the set up from the second film of pointing out how J'J's son was going to the moon was disregarded for some reason. Mr black goo man had no screen time, thus no scenes to be introduced to his personality of unrelenting savageness. He felt comepletely un threatning in the film. Not to sound so much as a fan, I have to point out that the reason Venom is so popular is because when he is fighting Spiderman, As a reader you feel as though spiderman is NEVER safe. I got none of this what so ever. I diddnt mind the end of mr black goo man, it was a decent enough ending to him, other than the fact that the pumpkin bomb completely desintergrated the symbiote and brocks body, when the only effect it had towards harry when detonating RIGHT next to him was slightly scaring his face.

And finally, NO the loss of power in Spiderman2 made NO sense and was explained very poorly. The spider bite changed peters physiology comepltely, Saying that stress or the lack of interest in wanting to be spiderman is all that it takes to negate his powers is cheap and compromises his entire character, Aswell as the entire first film, of finally accepting his abilities after not wanting them

The Joker#1
Raimi killed off Venom.

For that he did us proud. Thank you Sam!

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The execution towards the symbiote connection with Pete and how it compromised his life was nearly non existent aside from Pete changing the way he wore his hair. Aside from the scene where he was talking on the phone in his building and blatantly taking his neighbor for advantage, the only other situation that showcased his change was roughing up the bouncer.
You may say that the fight sequence where he thought he thought he kiled the sandman showed how vindictive he bacame due to the suit, but I assumed that was done because he thought sandman was his uncles killer. As an audience memeber i felt no urgency for Parker to disbond with the symbiote, This is because I felt there was not enough change established in Parkers character. He diddnt sabotage himself through any unwarranted reactions because of the suit, but because of the emotional impact of the situations. He diddnt conduct himself any differently as Spiderman while wearing the suit, aside from acting more like Spidermans actual character from the comics. I dont think there was very much wrong with the story as much with the execution.
And being able to simply take the suit off at will without hesitation was a mistake i thought, atleast as a movie fan, because it gave no sense of threat.

As for Mr black goo mans introduction being a let down. Aside from the scene feeling rushed and out of place for me there was nothing wrong with how the suit found Brock, I would have been more satisfied had Brock been at the church other than by sheer happenstance. The over all impact of mr black goo mans presence was the let down for me, that and the introduction to the symbiote all together. No acknowledgment other than a 2 minute scene at a science lab. and a metoer crashing to Earth. I guess the set up from the second film of pointing out how J'J's son was going to the moon was disregarded for some reason. Mr black goo man had no screen time, thus no scenes to be introduced to his personality of unrelenting savageness. He felt comepletely un threatning in the film. Not to sound so much as a fan, I have to point out that the reason Venom is so popular is because when he is fighting Spiderman, As a reader you feel as though spiderman is NEVER safe. I got none of this what so ever. I diddnt mind the end of mr black goo man, it was a decent enough ending to him, other than the fact that the pumpkin bomb completely desintergrated the symbiote and brocks body, when the only effect it had towards harry when detonating RIGHT next to him was slightly scaring his face.

And finally, NO the loss of power in Spiderman2 made NO sense and was explained very poorly. The spider bite changed peters physiology comepltely, Saying that stress or the lack of interest in wanting to be spiderman is all that it takes to negate his powers is cheap and compromises his entire character, Aswell as the entire first film, of finally accepting his abilities after not wanting them

I agree with every word of this.

doctorstrongbad
I can sum this up very easy. Some people are never happy. I think they just enjoy complaining.

If you give them a perfect movie, they will just make up stuff. ugh

LORDSIDIOUS01
laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.