the music aspect of Spider-man 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
After seeing spiderman 3 a second time, i've bother warmed up to it a great deal and really realized what was so off about it and it's really simple really.

Apparantly sam Raimi was an dick to danny elfman during the second one and elfman said he wouldn't come back. Sure, he helped Chris Young score it a little and they used a few of his themes, but i can only think about how much more dramatic the movie would have been if elfman scored it completely...
I mean, listen to the Dark Spidery theme and how out of place it seems, how venom had no discernable theme whatsover. no complaining about sandman's, his was done well. But the score was especially weaker starting from the title credits (which would have looked nicer with more Alex Ross paintings instead of tv style clips.). maybe that's why it looks like they're not putting out a score soundtrack album this time>

thoughts?

steverules
Whats the very last song in the credits??

Darth Jello
i dunno, im talking about the score, not the songs people contributed

doctorstrongbad
They are releasing a Spider-man 3 sound track. A local station ( 93 rock) has a contest when you can win it.

Micheal_Myers
Now that you mention it, the score did kind of bother me, during the movie.I can definately see where it took away from some of the movies properties.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Now that you mention it, the score did kind of bother me, during the movie.I can definately see where it took away from some of the movies properties.

The only problem at my theater was annoying kids in the background. I was all like... shut the h3ll up. lol

H. S. 6
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
They are releasing a Spider-man 3 sound track. A local station ( 93 rock) has a contest when you can win it.

A soundtrack, not the movie's score.

Spiderman_RJ
what?!are you serious? elfman sucks!spiderman score from sm1 been a joke,no emotion at all, and in the third i though it was better untill they started reusing the same themes all over again.
spider 2 was basically the same scores from 1 but this time better placed into the scenes.
to hell with elfman

Mobra
Wow. I effing love the score in the movie. All the jazz songs, the tempo of the fight scene in Harry's den. I guess opinion is opinion, but this one has caught me off guard.

Sith Master X
Sorry, but I'll take Christopher Young over Danny Elfman any day. Plus, CY created some of the best scores in Spider-Man 2.

Spiderman_RJ
oh so then it was yong who managed to use the horrible score from sm1 matching it to the scenes on sm2?
then there is your answer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.