Darth Bane runs a Gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Bane is going to face the following opponents in a 1 on 1 combat scenario. Where he will stand?

Important characteristics of Darth Bane:-

Saber combat style: Djem So
Body Armor: Orbalisk Armor (Very durable)
Height: 2 meters
Incarnation: Orbalisk Bane (POST - POD)

The Sith opponents:-

Round 1) Darth Maul
Round 2) General Grievous
Round 3) Lumiya
Round 4) Count Dooku
Round 5) Darth Vader
Round 6) Darth Malak
Round 7) Darth Traya
Round 8) Darth Revan
Round 9) Darth Nihilus
Round 10) Darth Sidious

OR else

He makes it and becomes the KING of all Sith Lords.

The Rules:-

A) Characters can use all of there abilities in combat. This is an all out fight.

B) Bane gets 1 hour rest between each fight to heal his wounds.

Setting:-

Dantooine (in an open region)

Gideon
An argument could be made that he loses at 8. He definately doesn't make it past 9.

Apollo Cloud
Bane makes it and becomes the KING of all Sith Lords.

Bane could likely just own his way through the first 7, given the facts that he can move faster than the eyes can detect, and has access to unlimited force energies, meaning he can stay in that state for as long as he wants. None of the fighters he's up against are too special with the force, and I see no reason to believe how they'd handle a faster than the eyes can see onslaught from Bane. So yes, Bane owns his way through all 7, and each one only takes him a few seconds at most.

For the harder matches, he gets 1 hour's preparation, right? Is that only for healing his wounds? Because if he's allowed to gather the force energies that are constantly being given to him, for a whole hour, I'd place my bet on him overwhelming all of the later opponents with some major application of the force, pretty quickly too. With preparation, I doubt anyone would be a match for Bane, Bane makes it all the way.

Gideon
You still have yet to convince me with the evidence in regards to Bane's supposed 'unlimited Force power'. In fact, I'm wondering why, if that were the case, why Bane didn't simply take on all of the Jedi left in the galaxy - since none of them have 'unlimited Force power' - and conquer the galaxy himself, as opposed to dying and waiting a thousand years for the Emperor to succeed where he didn't.

Apollo Cloud
Well he goes over in PoD how the Jedi, when united, could never be beaten purely through combat. So even if he could do it (though I doubt it), even attempting such a thing would go against all of his beliefs about how the Jedi could only ever be defeated through secrecy and deception. In a pure matchup, with no preperation, I'd probably put Nihilus, Revan, and maybe Sidious above him, but with preperation, I don't know if anyone can stand up to him.

Gideon
What are the chances of that happening, however? Even if that were the case, Apollo, he could have obliterated Jedi en masse in guerilla-like warfare for years, thinning their ranks, killing off his enemies and waiting to wipe them all out. After all, as you say, Bane is 'quite the genius', even if Sidious is smarter.

To be fair, this belief you cite only happened because a.) the Sith were treacherous and b.) he didn't believe he had the power to do it himself. Declaring him the ability of 'unlimited Force energies' means, quite clearly, that he does have the power to take them all on (or at least very large groups of them). He had the intelligence, the resources, and - according to you - the power to take them all down, yet he didn't.

Again, if he has unlimited Force energies, he can take them all. Perhaps not Nihilus or Sidious due to their drains, but, it is possible. Unless of course this is simply not the case, or there's a big fricken catch to it all.

S_W_LeGenD
And the following things should be kept in mind:

- Darth Traya has instakill ability (a variant of Force Drain).

- Revan knows Death Field (a variant of Force Drain).

- Darth Malak can also perform Force Drain.

Gideon
The following should also be kept in mind, aside from Traya, Sidious and Nihilus have exhibited far more capable skills with drain than the rest you've mentioned . If you're implying that, with those drains, they are somehow on par, you're wrong. :s

Apollo Cloud
For all we know, that's what he could have been doing. Too many unknown variables to accurately speculate.

If I remember correctly, didn't he claim that nobody would have the power to do such a thing?

Well I don't know about that. It's not like it makes him 100% unstoppable. As I said in the other thread, Bane can't simply access the entire unlimited supply at once, and it's not like his passive powers would ever be increased (as he would only be able to actively use them, it's not like he can actually increase his force connection with them), for example his force senses, precognition etc... For all he knew, he would have been perfectly vulnerable to being snuck up on and attacked, and destroyed through those means. It's likely in fact that Bane simply didn't even attempt such a thing, knowing that it could jeopardise the secrecy of his sith order. Really, as I said before, there are too many unknown variables to accurately speculate.

Not agreeing with how the drain technique would put Sidious and Nihilus above Bane, but whatever (I'm not one of those people that views the attacks as one to which there is no defence). As I explained above, the orbalisks don't make him 100% invincible, Bane would know that, so his original belief of how the Jedi could never be defeated through brute force would have still stood, so it's likely he knew never to attack the Jedi with pure brute force. The fact is, just because Bane never attempted to defeat/defeated the entire Jedi Order through brute force, that doesn't mean the orbalisks don't really make him as powerful as it seems, because as far as I'm concerned, nothing contradicts how powerful the orbalisks make him, so my argument still stands.

vader11
He loses at 8, or lower.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Gideon
The following should also be kept in mind, aside from Traya, Sidious and Nihilus have exhibited far more capable skills with drain than the rest you've mentioned . If you're implying that, with those drains, they are somehow on par, you're wrong. :s
I am not comparing these Sith in terms of their proficiency in Force Drain but I am pointing out some facts.

And Death Field is a powerful variant of Force Drain, through which a Jedi can drain energies from multiple targets in a single attack.

Also, as far as the purpose of a Force Drain technique is concerned, if used offensively - a Jedi can drain the energies of his/her opponents to replenish his/her own energies and make his/her opponents weaker at the same time with each attack. The damage of an attack is however dependent on the type of Draining technique used.

So the point is that those who know this technique, can pose significant threat to any potential opponents.

Riverollv
If Bane gets seriously injured in the first five rounds, (which is possible) then he dies at 6 or 7. A severe injury cannot be fully cured within an hour, and he won't face easy opponents. If he passes through those 2 rounds, (luckily) he most likely goes down at 8.

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by Riverollv
If Bane gets seriously injured in the first five rounds, (which is possible) then he dies at 6 or 7. A severe injury cannot be fully cured within an hour, and he won't face easy opponents. If he passes through those 2 rounds, (luckily) he most likely goes down at 8.

The orbalisks heal wounds instantaneously...

vader11
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I am not comparing these Sith in terms of their proficiency in Force Drain but I am pointing out some facts.

And Death Field is a powerful variant of Force Drain, through which a Jedi can drain energies from multiple targets in a single attack.

Also, as far as the purpose of a Force Drain technique is concerned, if used offensively - a Jedi can drain the energies of his/her opponents to replenish his/her own energies and make his/her opponents weaker at the same time with each attack. The damage of an attack is however dependent on the type of Draining technique used.

So the point is that those who know this technique, can pose significant threat to any potential opponents. This reminds me the force drain in JKJA.

Riverollv
Oh, of course, I completely forgot this was the Orbalisk Bane. Then he definitely makes it to 8, but most likely dies there. If by any chance he doesn't, then he's got no chance in 9.

Apollo Cloud
LOL, I think the Jolly's upset that Legend put Maul at #1 on the gauntlet. He's been online for quite a while now, but won't talk to anyone. Can I say, temper tantrum?

Gideon
Once again, Apollo, you hit the nail on the head. What you have is speculation, theoretical. Declaring Bane the most powerful Sith ever based on this supposed 'unlimited Force energies' at his disposal simply isn't strong enough to stand on its own. Furthermore, need I remind you that even if this were the case, this is due to the 'orbalisks' not Bane himself. He is not therefore naturally more powerful than the likes of Sidious or whomever. Otherwise, am I to say that Naga Sadow is all powerful because he can detonate a star with his ship?

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, hardly anybody owes all of their power to their natural power that they were born with. Sidious, for example, had been draining Byss for years to make himself stronger, so I've heard. Exar Kun and all The Ancients had the amulets and technology. Luke had the Kaiburr Crystal. Malak had the Star Forge. Kyla Katarn had the Valley of the Jedi. Nihilus owes most of his power to the fact that he became a wound in the force, as does The Exile. The orbalisk armour is something that Bane would always be equipped with, so in respect to these versus threads, he should be treated as really that powerful, natural ability or not. That's the difference between the armour and Sadow's ship. Sadow, in a personal confrontation, wouldn't be equipped with such a thing. It would be like equipping Tarkin with the Death Star.

Edit:

I was referring to the way you were claiming that Bane can't possibly be as powerful as I was saying by the fact that he never achieved the destruction of the Jedi Order when I said we couldn't spculate.

Darth_Glentract
With only an hours rest I doubt he makes it past Lumiya, much less Dooku.

Gideon
Sidious drained Byss to prolong his health, dude, not Force powers.

Apollo Cloud
Oh Ok, my bad.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
LOL, I think the Jolly's upset that Legend put Maul at #1 on the gauntlet. He's been online for quite a while now, but won't talk to anyone. Can I say, temper tantrum?

...I left up my Internet...

Riverollv
That explains it then, haha. Hey guys when I try yo change my avatar this appears: "The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again." What shall I do to make it work?

Advent
Even though this is hardly the place for it, I'll tell you: it simply means your avatar isn't in GIF, JPG, or PNG format. So, you'll need to change it with whatever program you're using.

And even if you don't have any advanced programs, MS Paint works fine, just save it as either a JPG, or GIF (which you can do after accessing 'Save as', and it's the option underneath 'file name').

If you can't figure that out, just upload the image, and I can do it for you.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Advent
Even though this is hardly the place for it, I'll tell you: it simply means your avatar isn't in GIF, JPG, or PNG format. So, you'll need to change it with whatever program you're using.

And even if you don't have any advanced programs, MS Paint works fine, just save it as either a JPG, or GIF (which you can do after accessing 'Save as', and it's the option underneath 'file name').

If you can't figure that out, just upload the image, and I can do it for you.

I've got no MS Paint. Do you know any other program in which it works?

S_W_LeGenD
I've got no MS Paint. Do you know any other program in which it works?
MS Paint is available in most MS Windows Operating Systems. If you are using a Microsoft OS, then you can access MS Paint from "Accessories" section.

Apart from this, some additional programs also allow you to edit a PIC and save it in any different format. The notable ones are:

A) Adobe Photoshop
B) Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

Riverollv
Got it. Thanks to both of you, Advent and Legend.

Advent
No problem, but please never put my name within the same sentence as that moron's.

darthsith19
You really want to start a big fight, don't you, S_W_LeGenD?

Anyways, Bane in his prime moved a moon out of orbit. He is a beast. Because his Orbalisk Armor constantly pumps adrenaline into his body he won't fatigue. However, I say he loses at 9 - as far as we know, he has no way of blocking Nihilus's Force Drain.

But he most certainly doesn't die before 9. Is #10 DE Sidious?

Darth_Glentract
How the hell do you expect him to defeat Traya? She took out three of the Order's MOST POWERFUL membets in seconds.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by darthsith19
You really want to start a big fight, don't you, S_W_LeGenD?
And why do you think like that?

Originally posted by darthsith19
But he most certainly doesn't die before 9. Is #10 DE Sidious?
This is DLOTS Sidious after the events of TPM.

But you can also consider DE incarnation of Sidious as well.

EDIT:

@ Riverollv

No probs and you’re welcome wink

Riverollv
Originally posted by Advent
No problem, but please never put my name within the same sentence as that moron's.

Okay... why do you hate him so much?

Lightsnake
Bane has no way of surviving any sidious incarnation that we've seen. Really, what an overrated character

Riverollv
He's very good, just not THAT good.

Kadesh
Stops at vader. I do not see how he gets past him especially after acstyles tore nebaris arguements of bane > vader into a million pieces

Apollo Cloud
Like Bane couldn't? Since when was that the bar for being powerful, anyway?

Look quit saying that shit, all AcStyles did was win in an insignificant argument inside that thread, he didn't actually prove that Vader was above Bane, because that's crazy talk.

He's really not overrated dude, more like the most underrated character on this forum.

Violent K
He won't past 9. Nihilus drains Bane.

Lightsnake
Um, yeah, Bane couldn't. Three Jedi masters at once? Surely you jest. Since when can Bane drain anyways?

And Bane is amazingly overrated. Gary-Stu to the Nth degree

Kadesh

Look quit saying that shit, all AcStyles did was win in an insignificant argument inside that thread, he didn't actually prove that Vader was above Bane, because that's crazy talk.
Its cute to see you in denial, sorry, he proved vader > bane, live with it

He's really not overrated dude, more like the most underrated character on this forum. Underrated my ass

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by Violent K
He won't past 9. Nihilus drains Bane.

Why?

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Um, yeah, Bane couldn't. Three Jedi masters at once?

Yeah, why not? Lightyears away from how powerful he gets by BotS (as in, minus a few months training and experience, the major power surge he gained after finding Nadd's holocron, and the orbalisk armour), he did the same to Quordis (who I'd put above those Jedi Masters. We don't even know the upper limit of his power in that respect, but given that he's generally been proven to be above Traya, and she could do it, it only makes sense that Bane could do it to a much higher degree. Really, what are three average Jedi masters supposed to do if Bane just unleashes his constant supply of darkside energies into unlimited attacks? I'd love to know how they'd be able to defend against a major storm of force lightning that never ends...

Since when he drained that family on Ambria.

No he's not, he's just that good.

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by Kadesh
Its cute to see you in denial, sorry, he proved vader > bane, live with it

It's nice to see that you're copying Darth 'epitome of lameness' Sexy. AcStyles never proved that Vader > Bane, as he's not, so it's kind of impossible.

No, he really is.

Violent K
Why?

Nihilus drains Bane.

Apollo Cloud
And why can't Bane simply put up a force shield, hide his force presence thereby making himself immune to the attack, or strike at him with lightning speed before Nihilus attacks?

Lightsnake
Yeah, why not? Lightyears away from how powerful he gets by BotS (as in, minus a few months training and experience, the major power surge he gained after finding Nadd's holocron, and the orbalisk armour), he did the same to Quordis (who I'd put above those Jedi Masters. We don't even know the upper limit of his power in that respect, but given that he's generally been proven to be above Traya, and she could do it, it only makes sense that Bane could do it to a much higher degree. Really, what are three average Jedi masters supposed to do if Bane just unleashes his constant supply of darkside energies into unlimited attacks? I'd love to know how they'd be able to defend against a major storm of force lightning that never ends...
oh, pure bullshit. BotS is directly after PoD.

And he doesn't find a holocron, either. Retcons ftw!
and Qordis ever did...what impressive? Ruled a bunch of weaklings. Your fanboyism just needs to compensate.
Traya's shown more power, sorry

Bullshit. He fed on the father's pain by slicing up the kids

No, he's a Gary-Stu. Textbook

overlord
Bane makes it and becomes the KING of all Gay Lords
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/charlebs/1174826406068.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
I fully agree with Darth_Glentract and Lightsnake regarding Bane loosing at 7th spot.

Bane cannot defeat Darth Traya in a single combat. She knows some techniques that are too dangerous and effective.

S_W_LeGenD
And why can't Bane simply put up a force shield, hide his force presence thereby making himself immune to the attack, or strike at him with lightning speed before Nihilus attacks?
Force Shield cannot make one immune to Draining techniques. It can greatly reduce the intensity of damage caused by Draining techniques but still this is not enough to effectively counter the damage of very powerful Draining techniques.

And no living being can directly counter Nihilus's Super-Drain unless that living being is a Wound in the Force.

Apollo Cloud
How many times are you actually gonna keep repeating this until you know that you're always wrong when you do, Lightsnake? PoD is a large book, spanning over 3 years. Are you gonna say that BotS Bane in no more powerful than the miner Dessel, before he was ever trained, at the start of the book, simply because BotS is directly after PoD. Point is, BotS is directly after the end of BotS, what I was referring to happened way earlier than that, so my point still counts, and as usual, you're talking rubbish.

No retcon involved with the holocron LameSnake. Ups!

Oversaw the entire academy of the most martial order of darksiders ever, was higher in rank than the expert SwordMaster Kas'im, Legendary Jedi Killer Krox Kull or whatever the hell his name is, Master of Sith Alchemy Sevis Vaa, and he crashed Bane's ship as a spirit, when he should have been powerless.

No, she hasn't. Toppling the entire 20 story Rakatan Temple in seconds into dust >>>> anything Traya has done.

Controlling the power of about 25 sith lords combined with his own, and direct the power which was strong enough to wipe out the whole of Ruusan, and anything and everything in its path >>>> anything Traya has done.

Mastering lightning on first usage, and creating storms just one hour afterwards is >>>>> anything Traya has ever done.

Moving a fricking moon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything Traya has ever done.

The orbalisks make Bane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Traya, period.

Liar! Whoops, you lose, sorry!

In all seriousness, do you really want me to post links to you actually arguing that Bane knows the force drain technique, based on the fact that he knew how to perform the Thought Bomb ritual, which essentially does just that; drains the force out of you?

You're a wanabee Gary-Stu, b1tch.

Apollo Cloud
Tha's right, I widened the screen, and what?!

overlord
Tsk tsk tsk, I guess you lost yourself.

Kadesh
It's nice to see that you're copying Darth 'epitome of lameness' Sexy. AcStyles never proved that Vader > Bane, as he's not, so it's kind of impossible. Why should i even argue with someone who gets beaten by EVERYONE in this forums,

No, he really is. Reverse that and he is overrated which he is

jollyjim311
He's gone for now...

I saved the day (or more, the mods did)!

Riverollv
We all need to thank Plo Koon... It was his doing

jollyjim311
Well, I reported him...

Plo has more important things to worry about than him.

Riverollv
Yes, but Plo Koon told you subconscious to report him

vader11
Oh, his account was restricted permanently...

Gideon
We haven't seen the last of Apollo Cloud.

jollyjim311
Yes, but Plo Koon told you subconscious to report him

You undeserving... you can't call every little blessing Koon's doing, nor every small curse his wrath. You belittle him.

Riverollv
You're right...

overlord
Let's make a lot of fun of him so his new sock will come and flames us. Har har har, what kind of retard name is apollo cloud anyway.. hahaha, what a chum.

Violent K
Infidels. The Mighty Plo-Koon guided the ban! He like, brainwashed the reporter into reporting Apollo Cloud aka allfag.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.