which trilogy do you think will be the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
Okay.So we know all these comic book movies are aiming to become trilogies.The Blade,Spiderman and X men trilogies are complete with possible fourth installments.Even if FF 2 sucks it will still generate enough money to make a third.Which trilogy do you think will be the best when it's all said in done?

Dreampanther
So far, Spider-Man is the best by far.

Blade went steadily downhill after the first one. In fact, if it wasn't for Ryan Reynolds, I might not even have bothered to finish watching the third one.

Batman also went downhill after the first one - with the exception of Batman Begins, of course, which was the best of the four. If they can keep up the formula of Batman Begins with the next one - well, then I'll become a keen supporter again.

Superman Returns just plain sucked. They should have called it Smallville, the movie. Getting Brandon Routh to replace Christopher Reeves was one of the biggest mistakes in cinematic history. While we're on the subject, though, here's a thought - the other day I was watching 40 Days and 40 Nights again, and I started thinking about all the roles Josh Hartnett has played: The assassin in Sin City, the assassin in Lucky Number Slevin - and I had an epiphany:

Josh Hartnett should become th new Superman! He will be a wickedly funny bumbling Clark Kent, based on his comedic role in 40 Days, and he has the build and the attitude to play a mind-blowing Superman. Anybody agree?

Fantastic Four was cool, but I'll have to see the next one before I can judge on whether it will make a good trilogy.

The X-Men were okay, I really enjoyed them - but so far the Spider-Man movies stood out more for me.

The Crow was absolutely fantastic, of course, with Brandon Lee - but then the next movies absolutely SUCKED!

The Punisher was very good as well - but I don't know if they will continue with more.

Ghostrider sucked, plain and simple.

What else were there? The Swamp Thing movies were a joke. The Avengers animated movies were okay - but they changed them too much from the comics, in my opinion. Daredevil and Elektra were okay, but just okay - nothing spectacular.

I can't think of any other comics-based movies qualifying for trilogies at the moment, with the exception of Spawn (no way - straight to DVD movies!) and Hellboy, which I really enjoyed, but I also doubt there will be more. Can't think of a reason to make more League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, either.

Hmm...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Batman also went downhill after the first one - with the exception of Batman Begins, of course, which was the best of the four. If they can keep up the formula of Batman Begins with the next one - well, then I'll become a keen supporter again.

But was good until Batman forever, Batman Returns was the last good one before that one

Well they do have plans for a second one, Jigsaw will be in it

Except for the speciall effects for ghost rider that was done good

Oh you are so wrong there will be another coming in 2008

Is there even more to go on Thats if they followed the graphic novel.

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by Dreampanther

Blade went steadily downhill after the first one. In fact, if it wasn't for Ryan Reynolds, I might not even have bothered to finish watching the third one.

Superman Returns just plain sucked. They should have called it Smallville, the movie. Getting Brandon Routh to replace Christopher Reeves was one of the biggest mistakes in cinematic history. While we're on the subject, though, here's a thought - the other day I was watching 40 Days and 40 Nights again, and I started thinking about all the roles Josh Hartnett has played: The assassin in Sin City, the assassin in Lucky Number Slevin - and I had an epiphany:

Josh Hartnett should become th new Superman! He will be a wickedly funny bumbling Clark Kent, based on his comedic role in 40 Days, and he has the build and the attitude to play a mind-blowing Superman. Anybody agree?

Fantastic Four was cool, but I'll have to see the next one before I can judge on whether it will make a good trilogy.

The X-Men were okay, I really enjoyed them - but so far the Spider-Man movies stood out more for me.

The Crow was absolutely fantastic, of course, with Brandon Lee - but then the next movies absolutely SUCKED!

The Punisher was very good as well - but I don't know if they will continue with more.

Ghostrider sucked, plain and simple.

What else were there? The Swamp Thing movies were a joke. The Avengers animated movies were okay - but they changed them too much from the comics, in my opinion. Daredevil and Elektra were okay, but just okay - nothing spectacular.

I can't think of any other comics-based movies qualifying for trilogies at the moment, with the exception of Spawn (no way - straight to DVD movies!) and Hellboy, which I really enjoyed, but I also doubt there will be more. Can't think of a reason to make more League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, either.

Hmm...

The Burton/ Scumacher Batman films and Begins are totally separate so they shouldn't be counted together...

Redatom65
X-men would have been better, should Brian Singer have stayed on the project. Spiderman 3, thus is the superior trilogy

Raven Guardia
I think its going to be the X-men trilogy. I loved all the Spider-man films and even though I loved SM3 I think it was lacking a little something. I think all the X-men movies keep getting better as they went, and with the ending to the third film it makes me interested in seeing if they will actually make a fourth movie. I dont read the comics I admit. I am into the movies more, so I dont know whats to be expected in the series/story.

But yeah I really haven't been down this way at the forums so I thought I stop by and see if there is anything interesting. Forgive me if I come off looking like a dork ermm

mr.smiley
I didn't realy think X3 was a great movie,but I agree with you.It did make me really want to see a part 4.

Juntai
Batman begins and its sequels.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman begins and its sequels.

Co-signed, followed by the Spidey franchise.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman begins and its sequels. I doubt it. Something tells me their going to bomb the third one. I just have a feeling.

pr1983
the x-men trilogy would be pretty low on my list, very little of either of the films was that great imo (only patrick stewart and ian mckellan made them watchable imo). though x3 i thought was a step in the right direction, a small one, but a step nonetheless...

loved blade 1 & 2, but i thought the third one was just plain awful...

i liked all 3 spider-man movies, so out of the modern comic movies, those are the best imo...

batman and batman returns for me were great, batman forever not so much... though it had jim carrey, who is an actor i never have a problem watching... batman begins was great, though it's only one movie... alot is riding on its sequel...

superman 1 and 2 (especially the donner cut) are arguably the greatest comic movies ever, though 3 and 4 were pretty bad, and don't get me started on superman returns, seriously, don't.

fantastic four, i thought the first one was ok, but i'll never like jessica alba as sue... surfer is in the next one though... fingers crossed...

havent seen ghost rider as yet, though i will as soon as i get the chance...

Big Sexy
Originally posted by pr1983
the x-men trilogy would be pretty low on my list, very little of either of the films was that great imo (only patrick stewart and ian mckellan made them watchable imo). though x3 i thought was a step in the right direction, a small one, but a step nonetheless...

loved blade 1 & 2, but i thought the third one was just plain awful...

i liked all 3 spider-man movies, so out of the modern comic movies, those are the best imo...

batman and batman returns for me were great, batman forever not so much... though it had jim carrey, who is an actor i never have a problem watching... batman begins was great, though it's only one movie... alot is riding on its sequel...

superman 1 and 2 (especially the donner cut) are arguably the greatest comic movies ever, though 3 and 4 were pretty bad, and don't get me started on superman returns, seriously, don't.

fantastic four, i thought the first one was ok, but i'll never like jessica alba as sue... surfer is in the next one though... fingers crossed...

havent seen ghost rider as yet, though i will as soon as i get the chance... As far as fantastic four 2 goes, I think picking Lawrence Fishburne as the voice for the Surfer was a great choice.

pr1983
Originally posted by Big Sexy
As far as fantastic four 2 goes, I think picking Lawrence Fishburne as the voice for the Surfer was a great choice.

he's the voice? interesting choice... he could do it though, i think he has a good voice for that kind of thing...

endrict
I'll say Spiderman 1 and 2 where great, 3 was ok.
Fantastic four 1 was really good, two should be good and 3 if thing go the same way it should be good.

X1 was good, X2 was really good and 3 sucked.
The new Batman movies will be great if Nolan stays on.

endrict
Originally posted by pr1983
he's the voice? interesting choice... he could do it though, i think he has a good voice for that kind of thing...

Yah thats a great pick for Surfer.

spencerspider
spiderman trilogy definately

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.