Whats the most boring sport?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

chillmeistergen
To watch: darts. To play: Baseball. Just my opinion, don't hit the roof.

botankus
Softball is boring to watch but fun as hell to play when you put a pitcher of beer on second base every inning.

Deathblow
To watch, for me, baseball. I grew up on basketball, football, boxing and soccer, all fast, exciting sports. Baseball, with the stats and the stats and the more stats, never liked it.

Although saying that, I bet stuff like show-jumping and lawn bowls are far duller, I've just never watched them.

StyleTime
Baseball.....by FAR.

Victor Von Doom
Cricket is the most boring thing in the universe; never mind sport.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

thumb up

WrathfulDwarf
Soccer and Golf.

The_Mayor
Soccer, golf, and cricket.

jaden101

i agree with that...and i dont understand and will never understand people who get excited about it...any match that lasts for 4 days isn't worth giving your life to

Burnt Pancakes
For me..

Hockey (Yeah... I said it.), Golf, and baseball.

The_Mayor
You said it BP, Hockey the only reason I watch the HIGHLIGHTS is because I want to see somebody get laid out and get hurt.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by The_Mayor
You said it BP, Hockey the only reason I watch the HIGHLIGHTS is because I want to see somebody get laid...

Pervert.

stick out tongue

Also, Nascar.

wuTa
Cricket, pool/billards, fun to play but brutal to watch.

The_Mayor
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Pervert.

stick out tongue

Also, Nascar.

laughing my bad.

Yeah and Nascar.

SouthernGirl814
Well I think it's golf even though I really dont consider it a sport and then softball

BobbyD
Baseball is a real snoozer.

yawn

Sea Bass 30
Baseball without a doubt. I fall asleep watching that stuff.

jaden101
Originally posted by Sea Bass 30
Baseball without a doubt. I fall asleep watching that stuff.

your post triggered something...well your name...

fishing...yawn...why do they even show that on tv?

Alpha Centauri
Cricket.

I keep trying to gain a point of view so I can see why people might like that shit. I think it's a tradition thing.

-AC

BackFire
Golf.

Nellinator
To play: out of the ones I've actually done... baseball if you aren't the pitcher or catcher (I still like it though)

To watch: golf

batdude123
Baseball (unless you're actually at the stadium), soccer, cricket, NASCAR, and tenis.

botankus
Minor league games are fun to go to every once in a while.

chillmeistergen
I honestly don't understand how 'soccer' is possibly boring to watch.

botankus
It's a fun sport to watch live, too.

JacopeX
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I honestly don't understand how 'soccer' is possibly boring to watch. Seriously. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Boring sport: American Football, Golf, Cricket, Curling, Darts

alic88
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Cricket.

I keep trying to gain a point of view so I can see why people might like that shit. I think it's a tradition thing.

-AC

You said it AC, its a tradition thing. England has played it for centuries, and when they invaded India ( now split into Pakistan also) the sport spread there, and I think people(like me) love it so much is because its a cultural sport. Its roots go all the way back to our freedom. I can definitely understand how a person from the usa would find it boring though, since there is no passion involved, its more about national pride than anything imo.

Burnt Pancakes
I just don't understand how football can possibly be boring.

Unlike futball, it's actually LEGAL to headbut someone, and an entire game doesn't get decided by one penalty...

I hated that about the futball world series

Sea Bass 30
I like soccer. I just can't stand MLS. Soooo boring. Not to mention there's no atmosphere because only 5 people buy tickets.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Sea Bass 30
I like soccer. I just can't stand MLS. Soooo boring. Not to mention there's no atmosphere because only 5 people buy tickets. laughing out loud

Go see the oceanian games. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Victor Von Doom
I honestly don't understand how 'soccer' is possibly boring to watch.

Well, I can see how.

I love good matches, but if it's Bolton against Sheff Utd then I'd concur about the lack of entertainment.

I don't think football is inherently interesting.

BackFire
I also think Basketball is very boring outside of the last few minutes of a game.

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by BackFire
I also think Basketball is very boring outside of the last few minutes of a game. i agree. i like playing basketball, but watching it isn't all that unless it's a playoff game.

Nellinator
I honestly don't understand how 'soccer' is possibly boring to watch. I don't find it exciting, but I can see why. It's kinda like baseball, lots of sitting around watching and waiting for a flash of excitement. I find watching soccer peaceful and relaxing so I find it awesome, but it's not 'exciting' as a viewer sport imo. Bad comparison really though because soccer > baseball.

Hockey is about the only sport I find exciting to watch, but the good games can be rare at certain times of the season and some teams are very boring to watch (damn trapping defensive systems). Actually, I find bobsledding exciting to, but I'm the only one I know that feels that way.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Nellinator
I don't find it exciting, but I can see why. It's kinda like baseball, lots of sitting around watching and waiting for a flash of excitement. I find watching soccer peaceful and relaxing so I find it awesome, but it's not 'exciting' as a viewer sport imo. Bad comparison really though because soccer > baseball.

Hockey is about the only sport I find exciting to watch, but the good games can be rare at certain times of the season and some teams are very boring to watch (damn trapping defensive systems). Actually, I find bobsledding exciting to, but I'm the only one I know that feels that way.

When you watch, are the commentators Canadian?

I have a theory that how the commentators react, and what they say, directly influences what people think they see, or saw.

(Cf. Andy Gray and Gerrard).

Myth
Of the major sports, I say baseball.

Warmonger
Nascar dear god in heaven. And baseball.

Lord Evolution
Soccer and hockey...ZzzZzzzzZ

jaden101
Originally posted by Warmonger
Nascar dear god in heaven.

getting shit-faced and goin' deaf at a 110 degrees and watching cars go round in circles YEEEEEHHAAAAWWWW

shksprtx
As it stands I am a hardcore NASCAR fan...having said that, nowadays I usually watch the first 30 laps or so of a race, take a nap or clean house, and then try to catch the last 50 laps or so...

To me, Hockey and Baseball are hellishly boring to watch on TV, but much better live...

Smasandian
When you watch, are the commentators Canadian?

I have a theory that how the commentators react, and what they say, directly influences what people think they see, or saw.

(Cf. Andy Gray and Gerrard).

Nah, Sportsnet (station that carries Premier games) gets the feed from English broadcasts.

That's why the games are never in HD.....I dont know why. It sucks because football is more exicting when you can see thier faces, and numbers.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Auto racing and golf

Bicnarok

yvonekarate
Probably basketball..

Regards, Yvonne

Bicnarok
Basketball is actually not bad imo, some excellent skill to be observed, the only thing which makes it a bit boring is the ammount of baskets scored. They just seem to run too and fro and score and at the end one team for some reason has more than the others.

~Rob Owns You~
Golf, nascar, and soccer

Spartan King
Softball to watch. Golf can be too, just depends who you watch and what tournament.

deathbunnyman
Golf and cricket. sleep sleep

vivando-loca
to watch: golf, baseball, softball.

to play: golf, baseball, softball.

pepperjeff
I would say soccer, although basketball is pretty redundant, unless it is a close game, in which case the last few minutes are decent.

The_Mayor
I say soccer.

Violent2Dope
Poker. How that shit got on TV and how it's considered a sport confuses the shit out of me.

The_Mayor
Put its fun to play.

RecSpecs110
Poker isn't a sport, it's a game. But I'd rather watch poker than Baseball. I can't wait for 10-20 seconds for the pitcher to pitch the damn ball and then have the umpire call it a ball/strike and repeat the process over and over.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Poker. How that shit got on TV and how it's considered a sport confuses the shit out of me.

I totally agree, ive watched it a few times to try and work out what the hells going on (rules etc), buts its not a sport and is only on TV get people to play online and give up their well earned money.

Locard
Baseball. It sucks to watch it or play it

Golf is horribly boring to watch too, but really entertaining to play it

Originally posted by RecSpecs110
Poker isn't a sport, it's a game. But I'd rather watch poker than Baseball. I can't wait for 10-20 seconds for the pitcher to pitch the damn ball and then have the umpire call it a ball/strike and repeat the process over and over. lol just think about the fielders,
Baseball is the only sport where, if you're unlucky, the ball will probably never go towards your direction and you could spent
the whole game sitting in your butt doing nothing. it sucks -_-

Darth Vicious
Baseball, I dont understand how ppl can sit for 3+hours watching it, is too boring. Playing it is ok but watching it, no.

coolmovies
CRICTEK SUCKS

brainchild81
Golf

pepperjeff
Everyone seems to hate baseball. The genius of it is quite subtle.

DaRk Lotus
Football

spidey-dude
golf

Blax_Hydralisk
I say again 13

Golf, Soccer, baseball, and Formula 1 ftl.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by vivando-loca
to watch: golf, baseball, softball.

to play: golf, baseball, softball.

I thought softball was the same as baseball, whats the difference? sick

vandalworks
cricket. nothing seems to happen for long periods of time. plus everyone seems to wear white. how exciting.

TheGame17
soccer. soccer is the most boring sport! ever!

if Tiger Woods didn't exist, i'd pick golf as the most boring.

Deathblow
People who can't even get the name of the sport right shouldn't be allowed to talk shit about the world's (deservedly) favorite game; ''soccer''.

ragesRemorse
If i considered Golf,Bowling, darts, Nascar, Tennis, or poker a sport. I would say its a mind numbing tie for all of the above. The above mentioned activities however, are not sports. This leaves me with real sports. Even though the pacing of football can at times be boring and anti climatic. The balance of excitement and suspense is greater than the moments of stagnate monotony. Hockey is always in top gear, unless your team is being blown out. Hockey always offers some type of suspense through out the entire game. Baseball seems to be the most boring sport to me. The game is just to slow.

Disturbed Angel
Golf, cricket and croquet. bored

JacopeX
Curling.

I mean WTF....

SpaceMonkey
Why do people continue to categorize Golf as a sport? It's a game, like Chess and Checkers, not a sport. When a guy has the right to gripe about HAVING to walk from hole to hole while some poor schmoe carries his bag for him you completely lose the "Sport" label.

rickyduck
Formula 1, goddamnit, 60 laps of nothingness.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Why do people continue to categorize Golf as a sport? It's a game, like Chess and Checkers, not a sport. When a guy has the right to gripe about HAVING to walk from hole to hole while some poor schmoe carries his bag for him you completely lose the "Sport" label.

Because they are sports...they all either have a physical aspect to it, or mental. Plus aren't all sports human competition? I do think those things you listed are sports, as stupid as it may sound. After all, if bird watching, and remote control boating are official sports then those should be as well.

Alpha Centauri
Cricket, by some kind of light year measured margin.

Cricket could be used in surgery to put patients under natural anesthetic.

-AC

Mr Parker
basketball.Its so freaking boring watching the same damn thing over and over again and such a stupid sport.I fail to see whats so exciting about seeing which team can put the ball in a hoop more times than the other team can.boring boring boring. sick

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If i considered Golf,Bowling, darts, Nascar, Tennis, or poker a sport. I would say its a mind numbing tie for all of the above. The above mentioned activities however, are not sports. This leaves me with real sports. Even though the pacing of football can at times be boring and anti climatic. The balance of excitement and suspense is greater than the moments of stagnate monotony. Hockey is always in top gear, unless your team is being blown out. Hockey always offers some type of suspense through out the entire game. Baseball seems to be the most boring sport to me. The game is just to slow.

yeah those are good points.if you want to consider bowling,golf,darts,nascar,or poker sports then they would be in that catagory as well but very people watch those so.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Deathblow
People who can't even get the name of the sport right shouldn't be allowed to talk shit about the world's (deservedly) favorite game; ''soccer''.

oh i'm sorry! its futbol (with an accent)

its boring as hell! something exciting happens once every 20 minutes, but the rest is just shit.

Nod
I used to think Golf was boring but girlfriend got me into it. Its a fun sport and it requires enough concentration to keep interesting.

Darth Hord
Curling

botankus
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Because they are sports...they all either have a physical aspect to it, or mental. Plus aren't all sports human competition? I do think those things you listed are sports, as stupid as it may sound. After all, if bird watching, and remote control boating are official sports then those should be as well.

Playing mind games with your co-workers could be a sport.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar

Admiral, I see your point. What I'm saying though is that sports, to me, means a physical activity that requieres physical prowess and stamina. OTHER people consider sports to be all sorts of recreational activities(a.k.a. games and other activities). If that's how you're looking at it, then yes, golf, chess, bird watching and all those are sports.

superr
Cricket isnt just boring, the elitist jargon is designed to exclude the casual observer,Whilst watching a match on tv i wrote down each term i not only didnt know but found impenetrable from observing the play . In 30 mins i had filled 2 pages of a note book.
Competetive angling really has to be done. T V dosent work here, the only reason to watch another angler is to pick his/her brains

ragesRemorse
golf, baseball, nascar

Callan
Originally posted by TheGame17
oh i'm sorry! its futbol (with an accent)

its boring as hell! something exciting happens once every 20 minutes, but the rest is just shit.
That's if you're lucky. I don't think it's worth it to sit around for 2+ hours to glean maybe 10 minutes of excitement.

Mr Parker
Basketball by far easily.

Elite Hunter
I'm telling you all its curling.

anaconda
golf , basketball, baseball, swimming

Mr Parker
golf, baseball, nascar

golf and baseball are MUCH funner to play than basketball.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Mr Parker

They're all boring to watch to me. As for playing, i dont know if i would agree with that, but i suppose i can how one would think that. Personally, i prefer to play a sport that puts you in the midst of constant motion.

Cosmic Cube
golf and baseball are MUCH funner to play than basketball. If you're old.

Basketball is more fun to play than it is to watch.

Football is the least boring sport to watch. It's the non-continuous play that makes it great.

ragesRemorse
I cant watch any sport that takes more time to set up the play than it does to execute. The penalties and commercials in football make it unbearable to watch at times

Alpha Centauri
Penalties are not that common in football, really. Penalty shootouts are even rarer, cos it doesn't happen in league games.

Commercials aren't part of the sport.

Funner?

-AC

Bicnarok
Squash is probably the funneriest sport to participate insmile

(Seeing as were inventing new words)

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone knows the name of that sport in which a group of fat women push around a big round thing in the ice by using brooms?

That's **** BORING!

chillmeistergen
Cricket.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
a big round thing in the ice You mean curling irons?

Mr. AJ 3rd
Spam.

Mr. AJ 3rd
spam

Bicnarok

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Penalties are not that common in football, really.

-AC

you must be watching different games than i.

Alpha Centauri
you must be watching different games than i.

I've been watching the world's most popular leagues since '91.

I doubt it.

-AC

wuTa

celestialdemon
Soccer. The only exciting thing about it are the riots those morons do after their team gets their ass handed to them.

Alpha Centauri
How can people honestly not say cricket?

Really. Actually the most mind-numbing sh*t ever.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Soccer. The only exciting thing about it are the riots those morons do after their team gets their ass handed to them.

Haven't ever watched it, have you?

Hence the 'riots' comment, because of course there is a riot after every match.

PINBALL
Soccer....

ultimatethor
Originally posted by celestialdemon

And its actual name is FOOTBALL as its played with the foot. It is also the biggest and most popular game in the world most people dont think its boring. It has alot more skills than a boring sport like baseball in which half of the time the commentators are to bored with the game to even dicuss whats going on( usually not much) and so resort to talking about irre;evant things like what happened to them on their way ther sad

Citizen V
NASCAR.

LORD B
darts

Target X
i think curling is the most boring sport. theres nothing exciting about it

Elite Hunter
How it is an Olympic sport is beyond me.

JacopeX
I was flipping through channels and I gave Curling a facepalm when I saw the object of the game.

anaconda
thought cricket was considered as a picnic or a day in the park, not a sport

DeNiro
Baseball is and golf is the best sport in the world

TheGame17
Originally posted by DeNiro
Baseball is and golf is the best sport in the world

they're very boring though...

FlappingMangera
Golf is the most boring sport to watch. It's way more fun to play. Unless there's a very tight final round featuring Tiger Woods, I have no inclination to watch.

Baseball is exciting if you understand the game, and many of the games are close.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by ultimatethor
And its actual name is FOOTBALL as its played with the foot. It is also the biggest and most popular game in the world most people dont think its boring. It has alot more skills than a boring sport like baseball in which half of the time the commentators are to bored with the game to even dicuss whats going on( usually not much) and so resort to talking about irre;evant things like what happened to them on their way ther sad

I know what it's name is to the rest of the world, but since I'm from the US, I will call it soccer. I don't care if it's the most popular sport in the world. Titanic is the most financially successful movie of all-time throughout the world. Doesn't mean the movie is the greatest ever.

To me, soccer is boring. I can't stand watching a virtually non-stop game where people are constantly running around but the score usually ends up 1-0. Hell, the crowd gets excited just when the players can actually get the ball near the goal. I've seen a game or two where the goalie is actually sitting down doing nothing. That's a little worse than announcers being bored.

chillmeistergen
Cricket, for god's sake how may people here have actually sat and watched it? I honestly thought I was going to die of terminal boredom, I could have been diagnosed with six months - the match would still have being played while I passed away.

ragesRemorse
baseball

Pezmerga
Baseball is a game of anticipation. I personally love it.

As for the boring stuff, Cricket is the most boring sport ever and Curling is up there as well.

Justic3
I'd say curling, snooker, cricket, polo, sinchronize swimming :P

best sports imo: ice hockey, soccer, basketball, football, baseball.
tabble tenis is not bad either

classic
Hmm, to watch: ping pong and soccer
To play: hockey (sorry folks)

AC/DC'S_LVR
hmmmmmm....
baseball, tennis, golf, and football(american)

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Pezmerga

As for the boring stuff, Cricket is the most boring sport ever and Curling is up there as well.

What does one actually anticipate?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Bicnarok

The progression of boredom.

botankus
Originally posted by Bicnarok

I always anticipate the odd-number innings. That reminds me to get up and get another $8 beer.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Pezmerga

Isn't every sport a game of anticipation?

I can see how there is more anticipation payed to watching Baseball though.

I'm anticipating the pitch...,im anticipating the pitch...,i'm anticipating the pitch...,im anticipating the pitch....,im anticipating the pitch...,STRIKE!!!..., i'm anticipating the pitch....,im anticipating the pitch...,im anticipating the pitch...,BALL!...., im anticipating the pitch......,

Admiral Akbar
Isn't every sport a game of anticipation?

I can see how there is more anticipation payed to watching Baseball though.

I'm anticipating the pitch...,im anticipating the pitch...,i'm anticipating the pitch...,im anticipating the pitch....,im anticipating the pitch...,STRIKE!!!..., i'm anticipating the pitch....,im anticipating the pitch...,im anticipating the pitch...,BALL!...., im anticipating the pitch......,

laughing Exactly...boring.

Bicnarok
maybe the flse anticipation, drilled into us as kids. Is the reason for us liking sports.

A false sense of euphoria?

MightyEInherjar
Golf. Nothing else comes close.

geshien
cricket, golf, bowling and Nascar.

and i'd say curling but, i refuse to call curling a sport.

anaconda
still you listed golf as a sport no

geshien
Originally posted by anaconda
still you listed golf as a sport no

Oh it is, just a boring one.

Bicnarok

RevoWution™©®
Cricket is by far the most boring sport in the world.

BruceSkywalker
Wrestling used to be so entertaining, but nowadays it is so damn boring

coolmovies
I agree with u there

geshien

grimify
Either golf or auto-racing. Both are really boring to watch.

colle1986
cricket....fishing...........

ragesRemorse
I saw a video game competition on sports center a few months back. Yeah, that was probably the most boring sporting event that i have ever attempted to watch.

peejay88
Golf, Cricket, tennis, Athletics/Olympic type sports. I'm a basketball fan but the amount of fouls/free throws and stopapges in play pi$$ me off at times. Rugby Union sucks too, i dont wanna see 30 meat-headed retards kickin an oblong ball back and too at eachother and then smackin' eachothers arses after pushin the ball all the way up the pitch in some kind of messed up 'scrum'. Rugby League is faster, more skillful and a complete interpretation of the sport of Rugby IMO.

Lt. Valerian
Hmm... Baseball is extremely boring to watch on a TV. And I only watch golf because of Tiger Woods, lol. Yeah, cricket = epic fail.

I find American Football extremely entertaining. Although, there's not much to watch here in the U.K., in comparrison to the US.

geshien
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Wrestling used to be so entertaining, but nowadays it is so damn boring

Meh...

Biff Tannen
I would agree with NASCAR, however, I don't even consider that a sport. So baseball gets my vote.

pt8x
To Watch: motor sport, american football, swimming
to Play: swimming, american football, basketball

riv6672
Nascar.

I would have flippantly said curling once, then about 5 years ago i sat down and watched it for an afternoon. Great stuff!

Bella 101
Well boring sports l would have to say it would be a toss between Australian VFL footie or cricket

zrh23
Its AFL. Hasn't been VFL since 1988 lol. Soccer is terrible to watch.
Anything to do with horses as well, Melbourne Cup makes me want to open my veins.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>