People against Carnage in the next movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

headrek1
I'm sooo tired of people saying they want Carnage in a movie. I know there are those of you who irrationally want another symbiote in the movies, but they didn't develop Venom's character in this movie, and if they add Carnage (unless they dramatically change his comic origins, and they'd have to because Brock is dead) there will be even less character to develop, because Cassidy is just a crazy axe murderer, essentially.Whcih there's no depth, hence no story to make a movie around. He couldn't even be a complimentary villian like Venom was, because his origin story has absolutley nothing to do with Spider-man directly. Cassidy was in jail where Brock (whose now dead) was and the symbiote broke him out, and he accidently acquired a piece of the symbiote. I think we've got to realize that these movies have to appeal to more than us fanboys, most people would see Carnage and say: "Didn't that thing die in the last movie?" or " Hey! They changed the color of that thing from the last movie to red." If they managed to pull it off without the movie becoming campy more power to em', but for some reason I keep thinking that these movies are going to go the way of Batman Forever.

Sam Z
Carnage's origin is not a problem, if they'll deside to make him in the movie, they'll think of the way to connect him to Peter. Besides, there's a piece of the symbiote in Connors lab, so they could turn IT into Carnage. But I agree that making him in the next movie would be a bad idea.

Soljer
I don't think I'd mind. The symbiotes are probably Spidey's best villains. Who would you prefer to feature in film 4, the Vulture?

headrek1
No, I'd prefer that they stop now. But since 3 more are slated, I'd like to see the clone saga start and for them to bring back Norman like they did in the late 80's. Everyone's saying that they think Venom was the character that died who really didn't die. But what sense does that make when he was only in the movie 15 or 20 minutes? Not to mention we saw his skeleton disentergrate. Norman's been in the movies as a "ghost" too long for them not to bring him back.

headrek1
And of course the Symbiotes work in the Comics, but in a film, Raimi doesn't seem willing (or is unable due to constraints) to develop these characters enough to make them as interesting as the comic.

Dan-El
No Carnage!

Ytse
Originally posted by Soljer
Who would you prefer to feature in film 4, the Vulture?

Morlun.

steverules
Wolverine shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by Ytse
Morlun.

Morlun would take the films into a more 'mystical' direction. Something the entire crew has been slated AGAINST.

Not to mention, most of the fans, too.

Ytse
Morlun would take the films into a more 'mystical' direction. Something the entire crew has been slated AGAINST.

That doesn't mean I would want to see him any less.

smile

Soljer
Originally posted by Ytse
That doesn't mean I would want to see him any less.

smile

I was just pointing out that it's unlikely.

headrek1
H@!# yeah Morlun would be great, but he's not mainstream enough for other people to know. Even casual movie goers (who causually read comics when they were younger) knew the Green Goblin, and Sandman not sure how many people actually read the newer comics.

Sparkz
I want Lizard or Electro or Scorpion, hell they could make an interesting story with Kraven.

LORDSIDIOUS01
The return of Venom, The appearance of Carnage, The Lizard will make great villains for part four.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Sparkz
I want Lizard or Electro or Scorpion, hell they could make an interesting story with Kraven.
I'm all for Lizard, scorpion and Electro could work, I'm not crazy about them though. And definitely no Kraven, I hate him and his stupid brother.

marvel_knight90
i still belive that they will some how find a way to bring back Brock and with him Venom

Soljer
Venom is THE Spidey villain....seriously...no expression.

Him and the Green Goblin, but they've milked the green Goblin since the first film.

There's no way Venom can have twenty minutes of screen time and then never be seen again....

Arachnid1

They don't have to take it in a Mysticle direction. He could just be come guy who feeds off pure people every 50 years or somehing and desides to go for Spiderman.

I would love to see Morlun.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
The return of Venom, The appearance of Carnage, The Lizard will make great villains for part four.

Ya but too of those villains are just Hack and Slash. Just random serial killers. Spidey wouldn't be able to get into any kind of conversation with them.

SM: Sooo your Venom son huh?
Carnage: AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!
SM:.....So, uhm Doc. That serum worked...I guess...
Lizard: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!
SM:................. O_O.................O_o..............
Venom: Ya, I'm not teaming up with them...
Spiderman:.... so who the hell is supposed to help me with 3 super villains?

Then wolverine comes out of nowhere!!!!??? Then his ass is WTF PWNED by Juggernaut who comes out of nowhere screamng YA, ITS THE JUGGERNAUT B*TCH!!! Then he runs through a wall never to be seen or hear from again. Then Galactus comes and devoures the planet and kills everyone except bruce cambell who has an awesome comeo as Silver Surfer. shifty

Kidding about some of that. stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Ya but too of those villains are just Hack and Slash. Just random serial killers. Spidey wouldn't be able to get into any kind of conversation with them.

Then wolverine comes out of nowhere!!!!??? Then his ass is WTF PWNED by Juggernaut who comes out of nowhere screamng YA, ITS THE JUGGERNAUT B*TCH!!! Then he runs through a wall never to be seen or hear from again. Then Galactus comes and devoures the planet and kills everyone except bruce cambell who has an awesome comeo as Silver Surfer. shifty

This is the ultimate showdown, of marvel destiny, good guys bad guys and explosions, as far as the eye can see....

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Carnage never really roared. He'd just made some crazy sick comment like "gonna getcha wit my switch mutha fuc%a

Arachnid1

Sparkz
Venom is THE Spidey villain....seriously...no expression.

Him and the Green Goblin, but they've milked the green Goblin since the first film.

There's no way Venom can have twenty minutes of screen time and then never be seen again....

What about Doc Ock he is also one of THE Spider-man villains.

AngryManatee
The coolest thing imo would be if Venom returned, and he tormented Peter like in the MacFarlane stuff. You know, like showing up at Aunt May's and acting all nice to her in front of Peter, pretty much threatening his family if he doesn't cooperate? Pouring leftover guts onto him in a meat factory? That'd be awsome!

AngryManatee
edit: double post

Bat Dude
I say no, because he is a kool character and I don't want even a slight chance that he will be screwed up...

To be honest, Venom and Harry (and Sandman) were not very well done, and I don't want to see this happen to another kool character...

Micheal_Myers
I'm in no way shape or form opposed to Carnage being in 4.I would much rather see Venom's return, but if both happened I would be extremely happy.All you Lizard fans dont need to worry, if Lizard isnt in this next one, he will be in one eventually.

Jimmy Buggs
Lizard plus kraven would be cool. Kraven comes to new york to hunt the lizard and spidey has to fight them both an protect conners at the same time.

the_satan32
There should only be ONE villain so the story doesn't split between multiple characters like Spider-Man 3. I think Lizard would be the best choice, Carnage is just killing and nothing really complex or deep about his character.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by the_satan32
There should only be ONE villain so the story doesn't split between multiple characters like Spider-Man 3. I think Lizard would be the best choice, Carnage is just killing and nothing really complex or deep about his character.

If it's Carnage, Venom, and Lizard...the stories can be all interconnected, seeing as to how Conners already has the symbiote sample, that could give birth to Carnage, since its from Venom, Venom is daddy.These villains could all be linked, unlike the ones they used for Spiderman 3, whom were all just random villains being pulled out of nowhere that had nothing to do with eachother!

mr.smiley
I don't think they realy need carnage.Too much like venom.Now if they made it to were the Symbiote was able to multiply and spread throughout the city and the threat of the city being overran by the symbiote became a focal point in SM4,that I would like.You could then have five or six carnages in the film that run around the city.They would have to power them down a little though.Or make Spidey stronger.You could then throw in one more villian.Spidey would have to deal with the threat of the city potentialy being coverd by the symbiote (transforming the cities population into its host) and one more villian.You could throw in any villian an tie them into the story.Bring back Gwen Stacy for her and her fathers big death and have Pete and MJ's wedding.Maybe even throw in the death of Aunt May for extra bonus points.

Micheal_Myers
I kind of agree with you though.Though there is a slight relation between Lizard and the symbiote at this point, it isnt strong enough to create a strong plot unless you mess with the origin of Lizard.For example:Carnage symbiote fully forms from the sample Spiderman engages it to stop it before it finds a host and in the midst of the chaos Conners gets knocked into the limb restoring serum that Conners had been developing, it spills onto Conners and eventually transforms him into the Lizard.This would upset many fanboys, but its a route that can be taken.Or the symbiote itself could knock Conners into the serum, it would be better if Spiderman had something to do with it though, to give Parker a guilt trip.Venom could easily return in this plot, attacking at the beggining of the movie to show he is still alive.Later he is attacked and defeated by Carnage.Spiderman goes to Venom for help and Venom aids him in stoppping Carnage.Blah....I dont see where Lizard battles could fit in.....But, they could always cliffhang the movie with Lizard.Like, not reveal that the Lizard has been transformed until the end.These are all just some possibilities into fitting all these villains into one movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.