Team vs WW lasso

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mordum
Can these group of people break ww lasso.

We have the entire of celestials half on side half on the other. Also included in the mix is Trion juggernaut Hulk at his most angriest with the power gem. CAN THEY BREAK IT!!!!!

Symmetric Chaos
With physical force? Probably
With their raw power? Definetly

guy222
Originally posted by Mordum

We have the entire of celestials half on side half on the other. Also included in the mix is Trion juggernaut Hulk at his most angriest with the power gem. CAN THEY BREAK IT!!!!!

why would hulk need the gem

one celestial kills diana and snaps the lasso

Utrigita
they break it

Draco69
No. They can't.

It would require someone on the level of Mr. Mxy or MJJ Jaspers to do it.

It isn't just a hard rope....

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Draco69
No. They can't.

It would require someone on the level of Mr. Mxy or MJJ Jaspers to do it.

It isn't just a hard rope....

The Hulk can't break her lasso?? I find that very hard to believe. Same with a Celestial. One Celestial should be able break her lasso.

Galan007
No. They can't.

It would require someone on the level of Mr. Mxy or MJJ Jaspers to do it. So basically an extremely powerful reality warper then?

Draco69
A reality warper that' s capable of breaking down the universal laws of truth.

Someone powerful enough to alter 2+2 = 4 into 2+2 = fish everywhere and everywhen.

Myx or MJJ should be able to do so...provided they can alter multiverses at a whim.

Draco69
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
The Hulk can't break her lasso?? I find that very hard to believe. Same with a Celestial. One Celestial should be able break her lasso.

The Hulk nor A Celestial cannot break Truth.

It's like saying Hulk can break mathematics....

Galan007

Someone powerful enough to alter 2+2 = 4 into 2+2 = fish everywhere and everywhen.

Myx or MJJ should be able to do so...provided they can alter multiverses at a whim. Mxy for sure then.

MJJ never actually altered more then one Universe.

LORDSIDIOUS01

Myx or MJJ should be able to do so...provided they can alter multiverses at a whim.

Who exactly is Mr. Mxy? What comics has he been in?

Draco69
Mr Myxlpek...Mxylplek...

F**k it. The 5th Dimensional Imp from Superman.

Galan007
Who exactly is Mr. Mxy? What comics has he been in? His name is Mr. Mxyzptlk...

He is in the top 3 most powerful in the DCU, as far as I'm concerned.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Galan007
His name is Mr. Mxyzptlk...

He is in the top 3 most powerful in the DCU, as far as I'm concerned.

That little imp that Superman always gets to say his name backwards. laughing laughing laughing

Galan007
That little imp that Superman always gets to say his name backwards. laughing laughing laughing Mxy is a funny character, but don't let his sweet disposition fool you.

That "little Imp" has destroyed the entirety of the DCU with ease, and rebuilt it just as quick. wink

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Mordum

Negative....they could "stretch" the lasso...but break it or snap it? Fat chance of happening.

Get it right. The Lasso is founded on magic from the gods. That alone cancels out any cosmic powers.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Lasso is founded on magic from the gods. That alone cancels out any cosmic powers.

No it doesn't.

The entirety of the Celestial host could probably beat any pantheon.

Draco69
The lasso was merely forged by Hephaestus. However it's original form was the Girdle of Gaea. And the Girdle of Gaea was given to Gaea from a higher power. Consider the lasso's importance, it must have been someone better damn powerful. Hestia merely used her powers to channel it's energies more properly. Which is why it appears to be on fire.

TricksterPriest
Negative....they could "stretch" the lasso...but break it or snap it? Fat chance of happening.

Get it right. The Lasso is founded on magic from the gods. That alone cancels out any cosmic powers.

I wonder if Darkseid can do it? hmm

guy222
Mxy is a funny character, but don't let his sweet disposition fool you.

That "little Imp" has destroyed the entirety of the DCU with ease, and rebuilt it just as quick. wink

I agree about Mxy smile

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No it doesn't.

Celestials are many

Draco69
The Omega Effect (the real one; not the sh**ty deflected by heatvison/bracelet version...) vs. the Lasso of Truth...

Hmm....

Symmetric Chaos
The lasso was merely forged by Hephaestus. However it's original form was the Girdle of Gaea. And the Girdle of Gaea was given to Gaea from a higher power. Consider the lasso's importance, it must have been someone better damn powerful. Hestia merely used her powers to channel it's energies more properly. Which is why it appears to be on fire.

Yes . . . but the Celestial host would still be more powerful as a group IMO.

Using thier powers they could certainly break it.

Soljer
No it doesn't.

The entire Host?

Any?

The entire host could probably beat EVERY Pantheon. Simultaneously.

WrathfulDwarf
No it doesn't.

Doesn't matter...they're not gods. Is like you asking if SS could lift Thor's hammer from the floor. It can only be done by a god. This is why a thread on Cosmic beings and gods needs to be made. No matter how powerful a celestial being maybe it cannot decrease the power of a god. Much less affect a weapon fashion by a god.

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I wonder if Darkseid can do it? hmm

That is a difficult question to answer....however he does have godlike powers.

Symmetric Chaos
No matter how powerful a celestial being maybe it cannot decrease the power of a god. Much less affect a weapon fashion by a god.

I doesn't need to. It can just crush it.

Draco69
It wasn't fashioned by a god...

Really, Hephaestus kinda did origami. He didn't create the colored paper. He just folded it into a bird.

WrathfulDwarf
I doesn't need to. It can just crush it.

Here is what I'm talking about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_entities_%28DC_Comics%29#History

See, in the Marvel Universe Cosmic entities are sometimes regard as gods. Whereas in the DCU it's broken down into realms. Meaning that some readers consider what they call "gods" are actually super advance and highly evolved aliens. Whereas the term "gods" have a more divine meaning in the DCU.

OneDumbG0
Doesn't matter...they're not gods. Is like you asking if SS could lift Thor's hammer from the floor. It can only be done by a god. This is why a thread on Cosmic beings and gods needs to be made. No matter how powerful a celestial being maybe it cannot decrease the power of a god. Much less affect a weapon fashion by a god.

That is a difficult question to answer....however he does have godlike powers. The Celestial Host kicked the crap out of the Marvel Skyfathers. They channeled all of their godly energies into the Destroyer armor and armed him with the Odinsword. They punked it and reduced it to slag. The Celestials are by far, some of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. They frikkin threw planets at Thanos!

Silver Surfer could not lift Mjolnir's hammer, but I'm pretty sure Galactus could reduce it to a mere flower like he did to Hercules. Besides, Molecule Man disassembled Mjolnir with ease. But apparently, now you're asserting that MU gods and DCU gods are apples and oranges.
Here is what I'm talking about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_entities_%28DC_Comics%29#History

See, in the Marvel Universe Cosmic entities are sometimes regard as gods. Whereas in the DCU it's broken down into realms. Meaning that some readers consider what they call "gods" are actually super advance and highly evolved aliens. Whereas the term "gods" have a more divine meaning in the DCU. I fail to see how the Greek Pantheon in DC is considered anything more special or divine than the other high-tier cosmic beings in DC. If you believe one story, all of those beings came from the same Godwave. All of those beings' histories have been messed around with by Anti-Monitor, Parallax and Alexander Luthor. They don't operate outside the DCU in their own divine plane. They're as susceptible as any high-tier cosmic being.

And MU skyfathers being alien beings is a theory that has not been confirmed. It's been hinted at in stories, particularly Thor, but never confirmed. Eternals and Inhumans are not considered gods in Marvel.

And Wonder Woman's lasso breaking? Depends on the writer. Grant Morrison was the only one who wrote that the lasso was connected to universal truth. No other writer has confirmed, repeated or even hinted at it since then. If another writer was writing it, I think anyone with vast molecular powers could screw around with it, i.e. Galactus, Ion, Molecule Man, Spectre, etc. If you pulled on it, it'd just stretch. It is magic after all. The thing could feasibly stretch miles and miles through sheer magic alone to avoid breaking.

Priest
Originally posted by Soljer
The entire Host?

Any?

The entire host could probably beat EVERY Pantheon. Simultaneously.
One Celestial can probally beat EVERY Pantheon.
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor30015ns4.jpg
http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor30016ie7.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thor30017bh8.jpg

Juntai
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

If you pulled on it, it'd just stretch. It is magic after all. The thing could feasibly stretch miles and miles through sheer magic alone to avoid breaking. Actually, it can stretch nearly forever. I believe they pulled the Earth with it.

guy222
Originally posted by Juntai
Actually, it can stretch nearly forever. I believe they pulled the Earth with it.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/guy222_photos/400px-FourthHost.jpg

GalacticStorm
Mxy for sure then.

MJJ never actually altered more then one Universe.

As far as the bios and the on panel depictions showed he never actually warped anything more than the Earth. erm

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
The Celestial Host kicked the crap out of the Marvel Skyfathers. They channeled all of their godly energies into the Destroyer armor and armed him with the Odinsword. They punked it and reduced it to slag. The Celestials are by far, some of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. They frikkin threw planets at Thanos!

Silver Surfer could not lift Mjolnir's hammer, but I'm pretty sure Galactus could reduce it to a mere flower like he did to Hercules. Besides, Molecule Man disassembled Mjolnir with ease. But apparently, now you're asserting that MU gods and DCU gods are apples and oranges.
I fail to see how the Greek Pantheon in DC is considered anything more special or divine than the other high-tier cosmic beings in DC. If you believe one story, all of those beings came from the same Godwave. All of those beings' histories have been messed around with by Anti-Monitor, Parallax and Alexander Luthor. They don't operate outside the DCU in their own divine plane. They're as susceptible as any high-tier cosmic being.

And MU skyfathers being alien beings is a theory that has not been confirmed. It's been hinted at in stories, particularly Thor, but never confirmed. Eternals and Inhumans are not considered gods in Marvel.

And Wonder Woman's lasso breaking? Depends on the writer. Grant Morrison was the only one who wrote that the lasso was connected to universal truth. No other writer has confirmed, repeated or even hinted at it since then. If another writer was writing it, I think anyone with vast molecular powers could screw around with it, i.e. Galactus, Ion, Molecule Man, Spectre, etc. If you pulled on it, it'd just stretch. It is magic after all. The thing could feasibly stretch miles and miles through sheer magic alone to avoid breaking.

Good post. smile

GalacticStorm
Being the embodiment of something doesnt necessarily mean youre the totality of that something. If the lasso was the totality of truth in DC then truth wouldnt exist anywhere else in DC, so it being the embodiment of universal truth according to one writers interpretation doesnt mean that to destroy it you would have to be a cosmic level reality warper who would have to be able to alter universal/multiversal cosmic law.

What beings have tried to break the lasso and failed? If no being of significant cosmic or mystical power is included on that list then that argument has even less credence.

guy222
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Being the embodiment of something doesnt necessarily mean youre the totality of that something. If the lasso was the totality of truth in DC then truth wouldnt exist anywhere else in DC, so it being the embodiment of universal truth according to one writers interpretation doesnt mean that to destroy it you would have to be a cosmic level reality warper who would have to be able to alter universal/multiversal cosmic law.

What beings have tried to break the lasso and failed? If no being of significant cosmic or mystical power is included on that list then that argument has even less credence.

GS, do u think one Celestial can break the lasso

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by guy222
GS, do u think one Celestial can break the lasso

Well i'd certainly consider a Celestial more powerful than any of the Greek pantheon. So if noone of truly great power has tried and failed to break the lasso, then i'd personally consider a Celestial capable of doing so. That of course would be speculation though as to my knowledge the lasso hasnt been broken. Anyone know any different?

guy222
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Well i'd certainly consider a Celestial more powerful than any of the Greek pantheon. So if noone of truly great power has tried and failed to break the lasso, then i'd personally consider a Celestial capable of doing so. That of course would be speculation though as to my knowledge the lasso hasnt been broken. Anyone know any different?

I will let the DC faithful handle this one

Have a good one

GalacticStorm
edit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.