h/p doomsday w/gl ring vs odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
who wins ?

Galan007
Odin teleports DD straight into Entropy.

Odin ftw.

lordboo
Originally posted by Galan007

Odin ftw.

i really should have put in no bfr laughing

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
who wins ?

odin

Avalonofthewind
If Odin really had a rough time with Thanos...he's going to be hating life with this version of DD.

illadelph12
Would Doomsday know how to use the ring? I mean, it's assumed for the debate, but would he?

illadelph12
Also, since DD's powers are genetic/biochemical, shouldn't a high end matter manipulator rape him everytime if they fought smart against him?

Galan007
Originally posted by illadelph12
Would Doomsday know how to use the ring? I mean, it's assumed for the debate, but would he? If DD could figure out that the ring is based on will power, then he could use it rather well I'd think...

Avalonofthewind
Would Doomsday know how to use the ring? I mean, it's assumed for the debate, but would he?

He's already done it...and was quite the bastard with it.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/573/da1385ap.th.jpg

In addition to that...he still has that *wonderful* adapt to anything while battling abililty. Even feasting on energy.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6852/da1407na.th.jpg

Odin's got his hands full.

Soljer
Originally posted by lordboo
i really should have put in no bfr laughing

Being teleported into entropy isn't really a Battlefield removal...

illadelph12
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
He's already done it...and was quite the bastard with it.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/573/da1385ap.th.jpg

In addition to that...he still has that *wonderful* adapt to anything while battling abililty. Even feasting on energy.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6852/da1407na.th.jpg

Odin's got his hands full.

That first scan doesn't depict Doomsday actually using a GL ring, it depicts him killing GL's and the Guardians stating he'd "intuitively tapped" into their energy source to seek out his enemies. From my comprehension that just means Doomsday adapted a rapport with Oan energies and was able to track them down and destroy them since they were a threat to him. Is that the correct scan you meant to post Av?

The second scan shows DD adapting to a bombardment and reflecting the blast back at the Guardian.

Has any DC matter manipulator ever tried just mucking up his genetic code? His abilities are wholy genetic. I know it would make for a bad storyline, but it seems like a given.

Avalonofthewind
That first scan doesn't depict Doomsday actually using a GL ring, it depicts him killing GL's and the Guardians stating he'd "intuitively tapped" into their energy source to seek out his enemies. From my comprehension that just means Doomsday adapted a rapport with Oan energies and was able to track them down and destroy them since they were a threat to him. Is that the correct scan you meant to post Av?

The second scan shows DD adapting to a bombardment and reflecting the blast back at the Guardian.

Has any DC matter manipulator ever tried just mucking up his genetic code? His abilities are wholy genetic. I know it would make for a bad storyline, but it seems like a given.

He has the ring all along...do you think I would make that up?

I just don't feel like pulling out my scanner for it, so I borrowed these from the respect thread.

As for a genetic manipulator...the only one I can remember is his "father" who stopped when DD became "ultimate" as he would evolve on his own..otherwise nope..nobody comes to mind.

Board Walker

He would just become immune to matter manipulation.

This is HP DD afterall.

P.S. Guardians = Skyfather level beings.

illadelph12
He has the ring all along...do you think I would make that up?

I just don't feel like pulling out my scanner for it, so I borrowed these from the respect thread.

As for a genetic manipulator...the only one I can remember is his "father" who stopped when DD became "ultimate" as he would evolve on his own..otherwise nope..nobody comes to mind.

I'm sorry, I wasn't implying you were making that up Av. I know you better than that and I respect you. I apologize if that's the impression you got from my response.

I was just saying that in the scan you provided it doesn't depict Doomsday brandishing a GL ring, creating any constructs, or anything else of that nature that would give me the impression he could competently use a GL ring.

I'll check out the respect thread myself and see if there's more info there my friend. No need to break out the Lexmark.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Board Walker
He would just become immune to matter manipulation.

This is HP DD afterall.

P.S. Guardians = Skyfather level beings.

With all due respect BoardWalker, that explanation doesn't wash whatsoever. Doomsday's abilities are wholly genetic and he is organic. His adaptations are physical changes. You're saying he could adapt beyond adaption? Because that's essentially all a matter manipulator would have to do to him. Doomsday may have dynamic evolution, but it's still a biochemical reaction within his body. None of his enemies have been written to take the intelligent approach against him in battle. It's always blast/punch/blast/banish.

There are other methods.

I'm surprised a Guardian wasn't smarter, being a "skyfather" level being afterall. Especially given the scope of the Oan power. You mean to tell me you can rewrite the fabric of existence with Oan powers but you can't rewrite an organic being whose only ability is dynamic evolution, a purely genetic/biochemical process?

Priest
If Odin really had a rough time with Thanos...he's going to be hating life with this version of DD.
What the f**k? Odin did not have a hard tme with Thanos

His Airness
Odin easily.

I also see no reason why Doomsday genetic code couldn't simply be altered. There is no theoretic way he could evolve from being evolved.

masterbruce

There are other methods.

I'm surprised a Guardian wasn't smarter, being a "skyfather" level being afterall. Especially given the scope of the Oan power. You mean to tell me you can rewrite the fabric of existence with Oan powers but you can't rewrite an organic being whose only ability is dynamic evolution, a purely genetic/biochemical process?

The Guardians couldn't stop him.

The GL Corp couldn't stop him.

A Guardian of complete energy couldn't stop him.

Waverider couldn't stop him.

Darkseid and his Omega beams couldn't stop him.

Superman enhanced with Motherbox tech couldn't stop him.

Odin wil not be able to do squat to DD. I don't understand why DD gets no respect even after all his showings.

Galan007
Originally posted by masterbruce
Odin wil not be able to do squat to DD.

Odin ftw.

masterbruce
that's a plot device.

Odin can't beat DD straightup.

There is only one being who could challenge Doomsday in a battle...SMP.

Madvillain

Odin ftw.

Galan007
that's a plot device.

Odin can't beat DD straightup. There is no need for a physical battle, especially when Odin could litterally win with the wave of his hand. erm

And since when is Entropy a plot device? confused
There is only one being who could challenge Doomsday in a battle...SMP. There is a host of characters that could "challenge" DD. wink

masterbruce
There is no need for a physical battle, especially when Odin could litterally win with the wave of his hand. erm

And since when is Entropy a plot device? confused
There is a host of characters that could "challenge" DD. wink

Odin is more powerful than the entire GL including the Guardians?

DD is the most powerful destructive force in the known universe...that Imperiex battle was crap written by someone with no knowledge of DD.

Juntai
Wouldn't the ring allow him the ability to teleport back?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Juntai
Wouldn't the ring allow him the ability to teleport back?

the ring would not only do that but also prevent Odin from teleporting him in the first place.

Galan007
Wouldn't the ring allow him the ability to teleport back? Fast enough to be unaffected by Entropy?

srug

Galan007
DD is the most powerful destructive force in the known universe no expression

No.......... Just........ No.

Juntai
Fast enough to be unaffected by Entropy?

srug You do realise he's been in Entropy before, and lasted a bit, right? Until Brainiac came and collected him.
But here, unlike then, he has a method of getting back immediately.

Galan007
You do realise he's been in Entropy before, and lasted a bit, right? Until Brainiac came and collected him. A bit, as in almost instantly destroyed? yes

Had Brainiac not saved his ass, DD would have been perma-killed.

Galan007
But here, unlike then, he has a method of getting back immediately. Assuming he instantly knew how to teleport with the ring?

I could buy that.

Juntai
A bit, as in almost instantly destroyed? yes

Had Brainiac not saved his ass, DD would have been perma-killed. A bit, as in several unprotected panels, as Waverider and Superman held on an entire conversation and then left. Definately he survived long enough to enact a ring to move him to safety. I dont even see why this is arguable.

You say he teleports him away, in the thread, he has the means to get back. It's simple.

masterbruce
Assuming he instantly knew how to teleport with the ring?

I could buy that.

And you believe that Odin's first move against DD would be to teleport him to entropy?

Odin would be long dead before that option occurred to him.

His Airness
Odin rearranges his genetic code ftw.

Juntai
Assuming he instantly knew how to teleport with the ring?

I could buy that. Certainly every bit as viable as Odin waving his hand to teleport an enemy into entropy at the very start of a battle against an opponent he's not guaged or met or seen before.

The ring can work off of instinct, the very need of Doomsday needing to get out of entropy before dying would be enough to activate it, imo.

Meanwhile Odin throwing someone into entropy?

Galan007
A bit, as in several unprotected panels, as Waverider and Superman held on an entire conversation and then left. If I remember correctly, (but I may be mistaken as this is an old story, and one I have not read for a while), this is the only actual panel we see of DD in Entropy:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/su11.jpg

masterbruce
Originally posted by His Airness
Odin rearranges his genetic code ftw.

If Motherbox couldn't alter DD's genetic code, Odin has no chance of doing so.

Also, who was the last enemy that Odin manipulated their genetic code to beat?

Juntai
If I remember correctly, (but I may be mistaken as this is an old story, and one I have not read for a while), this is the only actual panel we see of DD in Entropy:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/su11.jpg Then you remember wrong and need to read it again.

His Airness
If Motherbox couldn't alter DD's genetic code, Odin has no chance of doing so.

Also, who was the last enemy that Odin manipulated their genetic code to beat?

Absorbing man.

Galan007
Certainly every bit as viable as Odin waving his hand to teleport an enemy into entropy at the very start of a battle against an opponent he's not guaged or met or seen before.

The ring can work off of instinct, the very need of Doomsday needing to get out of entropy before dying would be enough to activate it, imo. Possibly,

But DD would need to have an idea of where to teleport to.... No?

It could work, but we just don't really know....

However,

If BFR was 86'ed from this battle, then I'd give it to DD every single time.

masterbruce

However,

If BFR was 86'ed from this battle, then I'd give it to DD every single time.

Good man. cool

Galan007
Then you remember wrong and need to read it again. Calm the hell down firebolt...

If someone disagrees with you, it doesn't make that person automatically wrong...... Geesh... erm

And I even said I was unsure of the exact number of panels...... So take a couple deep breaths, the Sun will rise again tomorrow. wink

His Airness
Odin removes DD's arm ftw.

Juntai
Calm the hell down firebolt...

If someone disagrees with you, it doesn't make that person automatically wrong...... Geesh... erm I wasn't saying you were wrong about your idea that Odin can win. He certainly can, he's powerful enough to be a threat to most anyone. I was saying you were wrong about the scan being the only one of Doomsday in entropy. They were at the end of time, in entropy several panels before that, and Doomsday survived a few more after that before being erased - which was retconned when Brainiac came through the timestream after Waverider and Superman left.

masterbruce
Originally posted by His Airness
Odin removes DD's arm ftw.

DD removes Odin's head ftw. DD can fight with one less arm.

Galan007
I wasn't saying you were wrong about your idea that Odin can win. He certainly can, he's powerful enough to be a threat to most anyone. I was saying you were wrong about the scan being the only one of Doomsday in entropy. They were at the end of time, in entropy several panels before that, and Doomsday survived a few more after that before being erased This is all you had to say. smile

Galan007
DD removes Odin's head ftw. DD can fight with one less arm. Come now,

DD won't be decapitating Odin. no

masterbruce
Come now,

DD won't be decapitating Odin. no

his claws cut through Superman like butter. He can also shoot them out.

Galan007
his claws cut through Superman like butter. He can also shoot them out. O........... K confused

masterbruce
O........... K confused

doomsdays claws >>> Odin's durability >>>>> superman's durability

carver9
his claws cut through Superman like butter. He can also shoot them out.

Thats superman, not odin.

Odin 10/10

To much power at his disposal.

When I see doomsday fight shake the universe then I would say that he could beat odin. Until then when doomsday stops hitting people with all of his strength with enough power that only cracked some windows, then odin 10/10.

carver9
doomsdays claws >>> Odin's durability >>>>> superman's durability

So youre telling me that during the superman and doomsday battle superman never broke doomsday bone. Lets put it like this, superman chest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>doomsday bones since doomsday 1st punch against superman broke his bones on his hands and superman just stood there. laughing

masterbruce
Originally posted by carver9
Thats superman, not odin.

Odin 10/10

To much power at his disposal.

When I see doomsday fight shake the universe then I would say that he could beat odin. Until then when doomsday stops hitting people with all of his strength with enough power that only cracked some windows, then odin 10/10.

umm...Look at the people Doomsday has killed

Darkseid - a being on par with Odin

The ENTIRE GL Corps and Guardians - above Odin in power and magnitude

yeah, I'm sure DD is gonna lose to Odin roll eyes (sarcastic)

masterbruce
So youre telling me that during the superman and doomsday battle superman never broke doomsday bone. Lets put it like this, superman chest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>doomsday bones since doomsday 1st punch against superman broke his bones on his hands and superman just stood there. laughing

umm....we're talking about H/P Doomsday, not DOS Doomsday.

carver9
umm...Look at the people Doomsday has killed

Darkseid - a being on par with Odin

The ENTIRE GL Corps and Guardians - above Odin in power and magnitude

yeah, I'm sure DD is gonna lose to Odin roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thats your opinion about darkseid being powerful then odin. Now darkseid true form might be powerful then odin (dont know for sure since he hasnt been shown much in comics) but the darkseid that fought doomsday would get raped by odin (just my opinion).

We have never seen odin use his powers at a full scale so we dont know what he is capable of or what he can do. Until then his normal feats are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything that doomsday has done his entire career.

masterbruce
Thats your opinion about darkseid being powerful then odin. Now darkseid true form might be powerful then odin (dont know for sure since he hasnt been shown much in comics) but the darkseid that fought doomsday would get raped by odin (just my opinion).

We have never seen odin use his powers at a full scale so we dont know what he is capable of or what he can do. Until then his normal feats are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything that doomsday has done his entire career.

so Odin is greater than the entire GL Corps and its Guardians as well? yeah gimme a break.

Even Galan says DD will wtfPWN Odin's ass without BFR.

carver9
umm....we're talking about H/P Doomsday, not DOS Doomsday.

So youre saying that H/P doomsday bones are more denser than dos doomsday.

masterbruce
So youre saying that H/P doomsday bones are more denser than dos doomsday.

yes...HP DD is evolved. Not only are his bones much sharper, but he can also shoot them out as projectile.

Superman was shocked by how easily they cut through his body.

carver9
so Odin is greater than the entire GL Corps and its Guardians as well? yeah gimme a break.

Even Galan says DD will wtfPWN Odin's ass without BFR.

Thats his opinion and Im not downing his opinion just like Im not downing yours or saying that youre wrong but I just dont think that doomsday have the power to take down odin and by the way have you ever witnessed odin get taken out by mere brute strength. If he has please tell me who did it.

carver9
yes...HP DD is evolved. Not only are his bones much sharper, but he can also shoot them out as projectile.

Superman was shocked by how easily they cut through his body.

embarrasment superman before his death got cut through by doomsday claws and they also punched through him. Like I said before, if it happened to superman do you think that that would happen to odin. Do you also think that doomsday bones could cut through classic juggernaut.

masterbruce
embarrasment superman before his death got cut through by doomsday claws and they also punched through him. Like I said before, if it happened to superman do you think that that would happen to odin. Do you also think that doomsday bones could cut through classic juggernaut.

I think HP DD would beat Juggernaut imo.

carver9
I think HP DD would beat Juggernaut imo.

I didnt say beat I said do you think that he can pierce juggernaut skin.

lordboo
as a pure physical force h/p dd is the most destructive and powerful in marvel/dc imo

Avalonofthewind
I'm sorry, I wasn't implying you were making that up Av. I know you better than that and I respect you. I apologize if that's the impression you got from my response.

I was just saying that in the scan you provided it doesn't depict Doomsday brandishing a GL ring, creating any constructs, or anything else of that nature that would give me the impression he could competently use a GL ring.

I'll check out the respect thread myself and see if there's more info there my friend. No need to break out the Lexmark.

NP. About 2 pages before that, he acquires the ring from a GL he defeats by ripping it off him (even the autoshields were no defense for the poor guy against DD.) He then instinctually (made up word) knew how to use the ring...or the ring just obeyed his whims. Not sure which at first....but once he got the hang of it...we got to the part where I posted the scans.

The guardians pissed him off by attacking him, and he simply willed himself to OA to whoop some @$$.

Galan007
A bit, as in several unprotected panels, as Waverider and Superman held on an entire conversation and then left. Definately he survived long enough to enact a ring to move him to safety. I dont even see why this is arguable. Originally posted by Galan007
If I remember correctly, (but I may be mistaken as this is an old story, and one I have not read for a while), this is the only actual panel we see of DD in Entropy:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/su11.jpg Originally posted by Juntai
Then you remember wrong and need to read it again.
Actually, DD was only in Entropy for one page completely unprotected.

Waverider was able to momentarily bring balance to Entropy so it would not destroy himself and Superman.

Once this balance was gone, DD was killed in one page. smile

The whole event:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp3.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp4.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp5.jpg

masterbruce
Why do we assume Odin could just teleport DD into entropy? With command of the GL Ring, Odin would prob not even succeed.

His Airness
Why do we assume Odin could just teleport DD into entropy? With command of the GL Ring, Odin would prob not even succeed.

You don't even read comics. sad

Juntai
Actually, DD was only in Entropy for one page completely unprotected.

Waverider was able to momentarily bring balance to Entropy so it would not destroy himself and Superman.

Once this balance was gone, DD was killed in one page. smile

The whole event:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp3.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp4.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hp5.jpg However even by interpretation of Waverider temporarily keeping Doomsday alive as well, he still lasted several panels. However I don't think he was, and their mention of being torn apart before he even arrived. And it's no less impressive to survive several panels before being devoured by the collapse of all reality.

However I do think its a funny idea that the only way to deal with that Doomsday, was to send him to the end of time, because he is beyond death. Motherbox, all-knowing, being the one that came up with the solution.

Validus
Odin wins. Suck on that biotches!

Galan007
However I do think its a funny idea that the only way to deal with that Doomsday, was to send him to the end of time, because he is beyond death. Motherbox, all-knowing, being the one that came up with the solution. lol

Yeah, that DD was an awesome version indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.