Venom runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Movie version, 1 hour of prep. And the movie versions of the opponents do as well. no sonics/high pitches allowed ftw.

1. The Punisher- Military grade kevlar vest, Barrett M468 Assault rifle, dual MAC 10's, grenades, Marine Bowie knife.

2. Batman from Batman Begins- batarangs, Nomex survival suit with everything, memory fabric, grapple gun/cartridges, mini-mines, gas/smoke capsules, flashbangs, flexible periscope, first aid kit, cell phone.

3. Daredevil

4. Wolverine

5. Doc Octavius

6. Spiderman

7. Symbiote Spiderman

8. Green Goblin II

9. Green Goblin I

10. Sandman

11. Magneto

12. The Hulk

SpunkySmurph
Goes down at five, who should be higher.

braz
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Goes down at five, who should be higher.

How do you imagine thats going to happen?

SpunkySmurph
Venom was never that impressive.

He continously cheapshotted Spider-man, who was trying to do other things at the time, and was an idiot, with no fighting skills whatsoever. Hell, his only real feat was when he killed Harry, and Spider-man practically did the same thing.

Not to mention movie Doc Ock > Movie Spider-man.

Estacado
He could web up Doc's arms...
I mean his webbing did hold that bulldozer in 80 floor height for awhile.

SpunkySmurph
It might be strong, but he had time to weave a gigantic web... time that he won't have hear. And Doc's arms are fast enough to hit him. Not to mention, Doc's probably smart enough to figure out that sound hurts the symbiote.

Estacado
He was webbing up Spider-Man pretty fast and it was show in that air fight that he fast reflexes when Spidey tried to blast him with the web balls he instantly blocked them with the symbiote also he easily dodged Harry's blitz attack and countered it or when he graped Peter and throwed him against a pole and when bounced of from it Venom hit him from the other pole.

Anyway we can't really decide since he had very few fight scenes and that makes me pretty sad.

Priest
Ahhmmm, we dont even know if Venom is bullet proof, he may go down to the punisher imo.

braz
Venom was never that impressive.

He continously cheapshotted Spider-man, who was trying to do other things at the time, and was an idiot, with no fighting skills whatsoever. Hell, his only real feat was when he killed Harry, and Spider-man practically did the same thing.

Not to mention movie Doc Ock > Movie Spider-man.

So what? what the hells Doc Ock gunna go to Venom with Spiderman's powers, 360 degree vision and a symbiote which in the comics can deflect high caliber bullets. Spiderman couldve beat Doc anytime he wanted to, all he had to do is get close and knock him out in one punch. Of course it didnt go that way because they wanted to make for a good film. Doc Ock wasnt that impressive.

The Pict
Doesn't pass Punisher. Spiderman killed Venom with a grenade, so does Frank.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by braz
So what? what the hells Doc Ock gunna go to Venom with Spiderman's powers, 360 degree vision and a symbiote which in the comics can deflect high caliber bullets. Spiderman couldve beat Doc anytime he wanted to, all he had to do is get close and knock him out in one punch. Of course it didnt go that way because they wanted to make for a good film. Doc Ock wasnt that impressive. Seeing as Doc's only in one film, I don't think you can dictate what Spider-man should have been able to do. His arms were continously depicted as either being faster, or collectivley able to catch him.

It doesn't mean jack shit what Venom can do in the comics...

And, he could either grab ahold of Venom after a bit of trying, and smack him around, or use sound against him.

I think someone might be overrating Movie Venom a tad.

Estacado
While he was "imprisoned".

Soljer
Originally posted by The Pict
Doesn't pass Punisher. Spiderman killed Venom with a grenade, so does Frank.

A grenade that is capable of utterly vaporizing human beings. The Punisher doesn't stock those.

The Pict
Originally posted by Soljer
A grenade that is capable of utterly vaporizing human beings. The Punisher doesn't stock those.

Harry and Peter have both been hit with those grenades, in the face no less. They aren't vaporised, yet it destroyed Venom.

Soljer
Originally posted by The Pict
Harry and Peter have both been hit with those grenades, in the face no less. They aren't vaporised, yet it destroyed Venom.

Different Grenades. See the one that vaporized the board members in the first film. Same as the one he hit Venom with.

The ones that blew up near Harry and Peter were MUCH less powerful.

guy222
Movie version, 1 hour of prep. And the movie versions of the opponents do as well. no sonics/high pitches allowed ftw.

1. The Punisher- Military grade kevlar vest, Barrett M468 Assault rifle, dual MAC 10's, grenades, Marine Bowie knife.

2. Batman from Batman Begins- batarangs, Nomex survival suit with everything, memory fabric, grapple gun/cartridges, mini-mines, gas/smoke capsules, flashbangs, flexible periscope, first aid kit, cell phone.

3. Daredevil

4. Wolverine

5. Doc Octavius

6. Spiderman

7. Symbiote Spiderman

8. Green Goblin II

9. Green Goblin I

10. Sandman

11. Magneto

12. The Hulk

1 or 2

Soljer
Honestly, I'd say he could probably squeak by Doc Ock. After that, he'd likely be able to beat everyone up to Sandman, if he was smart about it.

He, literally, can't do shit to Sandman, though.

Hannibal-Lector
I say up to 7

braz
Seeing as Doc's only in one film, I don't think you can dictate what Spider-man should have been able to do. His arms were continously depicted as either being faster, or collectivley able to catch him.

It doesn't mean jack shit what Venom can do in the comics...

And, he could either grab ahold of Venom after a bit of trying, and smack him around, or use sound against him.

I think someone might be overrating Movie Venom a tad.

1. Spiderman has 15x reflexes of that of a normal human. From as far as I know, those tentacles can only move as fast as he can think or tell it to movie, or as fast a normal human can move their own limbs.

2. I already stated that you cant use sound as a way to take down Venom in the OP.

SpunkySmurph
1. Spiderman has 15x reflexes of that of a normal human. From as far as I know, those tentacles can only move as fast as he can think or tell it to movie, or as fast a normal human can move their own limbs.

2. I already stated that you cant use sound as a way to take down Venom in the OP. 1. They move faster then human limbs in the movie, and they hit him. And if they moved as fast as thought, they would wreck Spider-man. no expression

2. You said no sonics... I assumed you were reffering to tech. Not that it matters. Movie venom had no skill, expierience or brains to speak of. Ock could easily outmanuever him with his superior intelligence, expierience and tactics. And yes, his arms are fast enough.

braz
Dude, Venom could just web up Doc Ock then.

AngryManatee
1. They move faster then human limbs in the movie, and they hit him. And if they moved as fast as thought, they would wreck Spider-man. no expression

2. You said no sonics... I assumed you were reffering to tech. Not that it matters. Movie venom had no skill, expierience or brains to speak of. Ock could easily outmanuever him with his superior intelligence, expierience and tactics. And yes, his arms are fast enough.

Yes yes, Doc Ock will do what he couldn't do to Spider-Man.

For starters, Spider-Man was getting plenty of punches in when he fought Doc Ock, and was most likely pulling his punches since Octavius was kind of like a friend to Peter. How do you think Ock's normal human body is going to cope with Venom, whom is shown to be stronger and as fast as Spider-Man, either puts a fist through Ock's face, or slashes him apart? You have to realize that Venom won't be holding back against Ock like Spidey would.

AngryManatee
I'd say he stops at Sandman

Soljer
What is it with Braz and movie versions?

And gauntlets for that matter?

Everything he posts is A) a gauntlet and B) consists of movie versions of EVERYONE.

stick out tongue.

braz
Originally posted by Soljer
What is it with Braz and movie versions?

And gauntlets for that matter?

Everything he posts is A) a gauntlet and B) consists of movie versions of EVERYONE.

stick out tongue.

embarrasment

WHAT? WHY.. WHY ME, WHAT'D I DO THIS TIME? shifty Lol.

Naw I just made this one because of the new Spiderman movie and since it was a movie version I decided it would only be fair for all the opponents to be as well. big grin

braz
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Yes yes, Doc Ock will do what he couldn't do to Spider-Man.

For starters, Spider-Man was getting plenty of punches in when he fought Doc Ock, and was most likely pulling his punches since Octavius was kind of like a friend to Peter. How do you think Ock's normal human body is going to cope with Venom, whom is shown to be stronger and as fast as Spider-Man, either puts a fist through Ock's face, or slashes him apart? You have to realize that Venom won't be holding back against Ock like Spidey would.

well said. thumb up

shksprtx
I'll chime in here and say this fight goes no further than 10 or 11.

If Sandman doesn't stop him, Magneto will.

braz
Originally posted by shksprtx
I'll chime in here and say this fight goes no further than 10 or 11.

If Sandman doesn't stop him, Magneto will.

Yeah, definitely.

braz
Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.