Brad Pitt To Play "He Man"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ethereal
dont really care, but I know its alot of people who like that shit on this site...

Brad Pitt is set to star in a remake of 'He-Man'.

The actor is wanted by Legendary Pictures - who made 'Superman Returns' - to play the Master of the Universe in a new movie version of the 80s cartoon series.

A source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "They are very keen on Brad for the role. He will have to bulk up though - he is very fit but not to 'He-Man' proportions."

He-Man - the most powerful man in the universe - is a sword-wielding hero with superhuman powers. The original cartoon series was one of the first TV shows to inspire a range of action figures, made by Mattel.

He-Man and his heroic friends defended the world of Eternia and the secrets of Castle Greyskull from the evil powers of Skeletor.

The original 'He-Man' film hit the big screen in 1987, when Cannon films produced a live-action movie 'Masters of the Universe' starring Swedish actor Dolph Lundgren.

If Brad, 43, turns the role down, '300' actor Gerard Butler, 37, is reportedly ready to step in to play the part.

Soljer
Cool, cool....

But they'd need to do a major costume re-working. And I thought Brad Pitt was gonna be Steve Rogers....

Darth Macabre
Meh, there have been many rumors about the movie for the last couple of years, so take it for a grain of salt. It sucks, too, because He-Man's my boy, and would love to see a real, good, and truthful live action picture. Eternia and He-Man have so much potential for a series of movies and comic books that I hate to see it go waisted like it has been lately.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007210197,00.html

Kazenji
Originally posted by Soljer

And I thought Brad Pitt was gonna be Steve Rogers....

News to me

Supreme being
Originally posted by Kazenji
News to me

They were just rumours.

Adam_PoE
no expression

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Ethereal
dont really care, but I know its alot of people who like that shit on this site...

The actor is wanted by Legendary Pictures - who made 'Superman Returns' - to play the Master of the Universe in a new movie version of the 80s cartoon series.

A source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "They are very keen on Brad for the role. He will have to bulk up though - he is very fit but not to 'He-Man' proportions."

He-Man - the most powerful man in the universe - is a sword-wielding hero with superhuman powers. The original cartoon series was one of the first TV shows to inspire a range of action figures, made by Mattel.

He-Man and his heroic friends defended the world of Eternia and the secrets of Castle Greyskull from the evil powers of Skeletor.

The original 'He-Man' film hit the big screen in 1987, when Cannon films produced a live-action movie 'Masters of the Universe' starring Swedish actor Dolph Lundgren.

If Brad, 43, turns the role down, '300' actor Gerard Butler, 37, is reportedly ready to step in to play the part.

All of this is rumor and conjecture at this point in time. Pitt and Butler have yet to even meet with anyone concerning He-Man. Pitt is way to skinny to play He-Man, while Butler, if he looks the way he did in 300, he might make a better He-Man.

Supreme being
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
All of this is rumor and conjecture at this point in time. Pitt and Butler have yet to even meet with anyone concerning He-Man. Pitt is way to skinny to play He-Man, while Butler, if he looks the way he did in 300, he might make a better He-Man.

Pitt looked twice the size of butler in Troy so i think if we go by physical presence pitt takes this hands down.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Supreme being
Pitt looked twice the size of butler in Troy so i think if we go by physical presence pitt takes this hands down. no expression Pitt was cut in Troy, not really all that big, though.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
no expression Pitt was cut in Troy, not really all that big, though.

confused He sure as hell was bigger than Butler which was my main point.

Darth Macabre
confused He sure as hell was bigger than Butler which was my main point. Not even close.

Butler was big in 300, Pitt was just cut in Troy.

Supreme being
Not even close.

Butler was big in 300, Pitt was just cut in Troy.

laughing laughing you are kidding right? no offense to butler but his arms look like twigs to Pitts in troy and then you have chest and shoulders. Any one familiar with body building will tell you Pitt was better proportioned and overall bigger.

Darth Macabre
laughing laughing you are kidding right? no offense to butler but his arms look like twigs to Pitts in troy and then you have chest and shoulders. Any one familiar with body building will tell you Pitt was better proportioned and overall bigger. roll eyes (sarcastic) Right.

Supreme being
roll eyes (sarcastic) Right.

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) Yep.

Darth Macabre
Either way, neither of them should be playing He-Man in any way, shape, or form.

sexyking
no expression Pitt was cut in Troy, not really all that big, though.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i would say he was cut in fight club and had more mass and definition in Troy and yes he was much bigger than Butler in 300. Now if we are comparing fight club Pitt to butler then its a much closer competition.

Darth Macabre
Whatever, maybe we're using different definitions of "cut", but in my opinion, Pitt in Troy is not that big. Like I said before, though, either way, they should come no where near the character of He-Man.

Condor
For those famaliar with bodybuilding (my first passion), they would know that it would take a bodybuilder (and blonde) to truly capture He-Man's proportions. Two come to mind right away---Jay Cutler and Gunter Schlierkamp.

charlemagne9746
laughing laughing you are kidding right? no offense to butler but his arms look like twigs to Pitts in troy and then you have chest and shoulders. Any one familiar with body building will tell you Pitt was better proportioned and overall bigger.

Pitt wasn't big in Troy....now Nathan Jones...the guy Pitt killed in the beginning of the movie...now that was a big bastard....maybe he should play He-man...lol

charlemagne9746
Lex Luger might make a good He-man....he's blonde and built just right.

Supreme being
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Pitt wasn't big in Troy....now Nathan Jones...the guy Pitt killed in the beginning of the movie...now that was a big bastard....maybe he should play He-man...lol

My point was that he was bigger than Butler in 300. wink

ragesRemorse
I was impressed by his role as achilles, but defeintely dont see golden boy pulling this one off

MattDay
lol pitt, 6' 170 pounds, gerard butler 6'2" 190 pounds... and they both have no fat on them.. gerard is bigger, in 300 he had more abs than 300 lol pitt has always been lean and never big.

kayakat
Originally posted by Ethereal

Eww!!! crazy Brad pitt is so wrong for that part and just .... EWWW!!!

Pitt looked twice the size of butler in Troy so i think if we go by physical presence pitt takes this hands down.

crylaugh tohslaugh your kidding right no expression

roughrider
Is Brad going to borrow the muscle suit Vinnie Jones used to play Juggernaut? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by roughrider
Is Brad going to borrow the muscle suit Vinnie Jones used to play Juggernaut? roll eyes (sarcastic) Who are you rolling your eyes at? The post above or the fact that Pitt was supposedly going to play He-Man? Man, I hate that smilie, it can get confusing.

roughrider
I think He-Man is a cheesy concept, period. One live action movie already is one too much.

Supreme being
Originally posted by MattDay
lol Pitt, 6' 170 pounds, gerard butler 6'2" 190 pounds... and they both have no fat on them.. gerard is bigger, in 300 he had more abs than 300 lol Pitt has always been lean and never big.

Excluding Height are you sure these were there stats for both movies?, i will have to check that out but from what i saw on screen Pitt looks to be the bigger of the two which could be down to many reasons including height. I will also be searching for photos of the two to compare oh and my point still stands that Pitt is bigger than butler and certainly better proportioned and was more cut.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by roughrider
I think He-Man is a cheesy concept, period. One live action movie already is one too much. Cheesy? How so? Not that I disagree with you, because there is a flavor of cheese to it, but why don't you like about it? And as for the Masters of the Universe movie, please, that movie sucked.

kayakat
Excluding Height are you sure these were there stats for both movies?, i will have to check that out but from what i saw on screen Pitt looks to be the bigger of the two which could be down to many reasons including height. I will also be searching for photos of the two to compare oh and my point still stands that Pitt is bigger than butler and certainly better proportioned and was more cut.

tohslaugh OMG are you for real? please tell me your not serious? no expression
did you even watch 300? ermm

Supreme being
Originally posted by kayakat
tohslaugh OMG are you for real? please tell me your not serious? no expression
did you even watch 300? ermm

confused Did you detect a hint of sarcasm in my post well? i guess that answers if i was been serious then roll eyes (sarcastic) , No offense to butler i am sure he worked his ass of but in 300 he had a weak chest and his arms were toned but not big. And don't get me started on his legs. As i have stated above if Butler is the taller man then his obviously at a disadvantage due to having to fill more in his frame but on screen Pitt looked the bigger of the two.

jinzin

I'm pretty familiar with that stuff and I'm going to have to disagree.. the only thing pitt really had going for him was close ups in that film. Hell, eric bana looked pretty big in that movie too.. but they weren't even close to the size butler was pushing.

MattDay
butler was the big psycho chopping Persians to pieces at the front of the fight, everyone was going, in the cinema "looks at that guy, muscly as ****!" lol he suited that role well.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by MattDay
lol pitt, 6' 170 pounds, gerard butler 6'2" 190 pounds... and they both have no fat on them.. gerard is bigger, in 300 he had more abs than 300 lol pitt has always been lean and never big.

im positive that if Pitt hit up the Jim Jones gym too, he would be as cut as gerard

Adam_PoE
He-Man Returns to the Big Screen

Scarlet_Spidey
Troy is one of my favorite movies so i'd sure as hell like to see golden boy Pitt swing a sword again .. only ... i've watched the cartoon and i think it's really bad sad

Yoshi Fanatic
I know for sure that Brad Pitt would be a good He-Man. The main muscles that an actor has to have in oder to play He-Man would have to be the abs, the legs, the chest, and the arms. Brad Pitt is the only actor I've seen to have these muscles and not be a body builder. All he has to do is bulk up a little bit more to body-building status, then he would be perfect for the role.

ADarksideJedi
I can see him playing him.But he has to get working on his arms to look strong.He is in good shape but not HE-Man shape!jm

DARKLORDCAEDUS
No official word as to who is playing He-Man. Who is playing Skeletor and Battlecat?

BlaxicanHydra
Arnold Schwarzenegger should play He-man.

Supreme being
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Arnold Schwarzenegger should play He-man.

20yrs ago maybe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.