The Halo Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORD JLRTENJAC
OK, I searched and everything but didn't find any similar thread.

Anyway, rumor has it that the Halo movie is FINALLY in production, being FULLY funded by none other than Bill Gates himself. Anyway I have also heard that there is already a trailer for it, and it covers the ENTIRE halo series (Starting from 3 days before the fall of reach all the way to the end of Halo 3).

Now any of you who still thinks tis is going to be a normal length movie... well you are sadly mistaken. It's going to be 5 hours long! Obviousally there will be an intermission added. smile It'll be cool. stick out tongue

Burnt Pancakes
I highly doubt it'll be 5 hours long.

And is PJ bstill directing it, or did he lose the rights?

doan_m
Peter Jackson better damn well be still holding the rights to make that damned movie. He is just too damned good at making adaptations. And I seriously doubt it will be a single 5 hour sitting. But before I further write on i would rather wish to see the link of the article which actually says these things.

ADarksideJedi
Not sure how this movie is going to be like.In the past movies base on video games get bomb pretty bad.I gues we wil have to wait and see!jm

Burnt Pancakes
Yeah, the appearence of MC can also really make or brake this movie. ALso, they could add a "gasp" love intrest!

Oh yeah... Cortana and MC.. steamy mental butsekz...

ADarksideJedi
The horror of it all!jm sad laughing

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by doan_m
Peter Jackson better damn well be still holding the rights to make that damned movie. He is just too damned good at making adaptations. And I seriously doubt it will be a single 5 hour sitting. But before I further write on i would rather wish to see the link of the article which actually says these things.

So far, he is, and I'll try and find the link... I forgot where I saw it... embarrasment

LORD JLRTENJAC
Here's afew sites with some Info.

http://www.halothemovie.org/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/
http://halomovie.trivialbeing.net/

MadMel
hmm...
5 hours - doubt it
pj director - hope so

exanda kane
I thought Jackson and his wife were only producers?

Anyway, I really do not see the fascination with this Halo business, enjoyable game with a few mates and some alchohol, but really, it'll be is an updated Starship Troopers at best.

ADarksideJedi
It is going to bomb I could feel it!Thanks for the link!jm

.:Space Opera:.
Im sorry, but if you can't fit a single story into a 2 or 3 hour film you dont deserve to be a screenwriter.

Burnt Pancakes
If they did that it would suck HORRIBLY. They would have to cut nearly half the crap that goes on.

The only way they could pull off a good 3 hour movie is if they made a trilogy or something.

Supreme being
It would be much better if they didn't go the route of the games but created a whole new story perhaps a prequel like the novels.

Chakra Master
I think halo is an ok game but jesus christ. what the hell is so unique or original about it. its got nothing special and the storyline isn't bad but it isn't as phenominal as fable. all it is is shoot the bad guys, wait a few minutes, shoot the bad guys etc. This movie better kick ass or else halo is foever given up. the only cahnce they have is to put a cover system in 3 and make the miracle of halo becoming its own unique game...

ADarksideJedi
It is like you said interesting.But alot of video games does the same thing you kill things or the person you are againist and alliens.So it is not like it had not been done.jm

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Chakra Master
I think halo is an ok game but jesus christ. what the hell is so unique or original about it. its got nothing special and the storyline isn't bad but it isn't as phenomenal as fable. all it is is shoot the bad guys, wait a few minutes, shoot the bad guys etc. This movie better kick ass or else halo is foever given up. the only cahnce they have is to put a cover system in 3 and make the miracle of halo becoming its own unique game...

Fable's story phenomenal? What are you smoking?

Joe K
This movie is ganna be awesome no matter how long it is lol.

ADarksideJedi
We shall see!jm

Nordicdusk
I worry about this movie sucking but with Peter Jackson involved we have a chance of a great movie as long as MC dose not remove his helmet like Judge Dred in that movie.

Jason_Krueger
well according to imdb.com some no-name dude is gonna be director, Neill Blomkamp, and Peter Jackson is only the executive producer.... http://halomovie.trivialbeing.net/

also there are rumors that Denzel Washington is in mind for the role of Master Chief.....I dunno about that one..... http://www.halothemovie.org/

BlaxicanHydra
Denzel Washington?

That's just plain retarded..

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Denzel, huh. He is a good actor, but I don't think he would ever act in a video game to film movie.

dadudemon
The obvious choice for master chief is Estelle Getty...what are guys thinking?

Are you guys sure that this movie is going to be made? I thought it was scrapped.

I really hope they do make this a movie, though.

BlaxicanHydra
HALO movie screenplay

ragesRemorse
im thinking matt damon, ben affleck,or jason statham. If they dont work out...jackie chan

BlaxicanHydra
I'm thinking... put any tall guy in the suit and simply use the voice of the guy who played the Chief in the game. The plot only details what happened in the first game, and in neither the first game or any part of the books that cover the first game does John take off his helmet, so the actor doesn't need to be anyone in particular, just tall. John Cena ftw no expression

exanda kane
Just make it a cartoon.

BlaxicanHydra
That'd be funny if they did.

dadudemon
Originally posted by exanda kane
Just make it a cartoon.

Dark Sarcasm because of the clone wars series being CG and not live action?

Neox
Originally posted by Chakra Master
I think halo is an ok game but jesus christ. what the hell is so unique or original about it. its got nothing special and the storyline isn't bad but it isn't as phenominal as fable. all it is is shoot the bad guys, wait a few minutes, shoot the bad guys etc. This movie better kick ass or else halo is foever given up. the only cahnce they have is to put a cover system in 3 and make the miracle of halo becoming its own unique game...

Halo is very unique. The enemies arent the average drooling alien bastards. They have excellent backstories and an interesting galactic history. Its not a shoot em up. If u r playing heroic or legendary most of the time u have to use some strategy, the game also has an excellent vehicle factor. The warthog is the most fun thing to drive i have ever used in a game. The weapons are awesome, the online play is action packed and easy to use, u can jump right in to a game and even make your own team very easily. Not many games have user-friendly online play. *cough* chromehounds

BlaxicanHydra
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

HD live action trailer?

Face
Halo would be a good movie you know

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Face
Halo would be a good movie you know
yeah to bad everyone left the project. At least Jackson says he'll come back to it

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I'm thinking... put any tall guy in the suit and simply use the voice of the guy who played the Chief in the game. The plot only details what happened in the first game, and in neither the first game or any part of the books that cover the first game does John take off his helmet, so the actor doesn't need to be anyone in particular, just tall. John Cena ftw no expression Cena's not that tall. Great Khali ftw!!! haermm

greydrake
It will get made but god knows when, they should definatley do the vader trick and have some tall guy in the suit and the games voice, it would be almost criminal not to i think it should be done in a very dark "batman begins" sort of way showing his kidnapping as a child and almost torture training through flashbacks. it would be dissapointing to see such a wonderful story ruined through a quick money spinning film.
but as with many VG to film films i think we'll see another great story line ripped to pieces by Holly wood and replaced with lots of action.
eg. Doom, Hitman

D-Wag
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Cena's not that tall. Great Khali ftw!!! haermm

How bout Yao Ming big grin

faithxp
this could be the most awaited movie for those who were halo gamers.,

steverules
I say they should get Michael Caine to play Master Cheif

'Right...now I am going to blow these bloody doors of and when I do, I am going to kill some bloody aliens...now where's my mini dammit!?!'

marto101
i need to find a web site were i can download movies for free and no paying money plez help

Benhacker
Is this a Halo movie trailer ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcreY0X33k

Benhacker cool

Kazenji
Well something that could've been

but now development on the movie has been dead for a while now.

CadoAngelus
they're focusing more on the Halo Legends manga - probably not manga but i use the word loosely. and of course, Halo Reach

Benhacker
I saw some short clips of Halo: Legends on GTTV Presents Halo 3 ODST Countdown to Launch and they look totally wicked.

Here they are(all in one video) :
Halo: Legends sneak peak

Benhacker cool

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Benhacker
Is this a Halo movie trailer ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcreY0X33k

Benhacker cool

No, that was just viral marketing for Halo 3.

Man, this thread brings back memories...

full_movies_43
I played Halo game and it was very good. Looking forward t o watching Halo movie.

zeroking24
i cant wait till halo movie comes out it looks like it would be like real.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64907

The Nuul
The same team that was supposed to do it before better doing it again.

flying shadow
so there making a Halo movie?

i prefer Half Life

Patient_Leech
I'm not a gamer, but my friend was telling me the premise for the Halo books, and it sounds like it would make a pretty cool movie. So what's holding this up exactly?

Kazenji
Budget i'm guessing

would'nt be surprised if that was the case for alot of games to movies if they actually went and did a good job of it.

roughrider
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm not a gamer, but my friend was telling me the premise for the Halo books, and it sounds like it would make a pretty cool movie. So what's holding this up exactly?

The plug got pulled at Universal because even with Peter Jackson & Neill Blomkamp attached to make it (they would go on instead to make District 9), there was a fear that even they couldn't solve the jinx of the video game to movie adaption curse. It has never worked, to date. And for the giant budget Halo would require...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
....And for the giant budget Halo would require...

But Halo has a gigantic following, doesn't it? That + Peter Jackson would sell a shitload of tickets, I would think.

roughrider
But Halo has a gigantic following, doesn't it? That + Peter Jackson would sell a shitload of tickets, I would think.

Jean Claude Van Damme once claimed the same thing for Street Fighter, and that his movie of it would be an assured success. He was wrong both artistically and commercially.

Patient_Leech
Hey, don't talk shit about Street Fighter... hahaha laughing

Fair enough. no expression But there's still the Peter Jackson factor, and Street Fighter was just a silly fighting game; whereas, it sounds like Halo has as fairly in-depth plot. My friend says the books are actually pretty good.

Kazenji

and Street Fighter was just a silly fighting game; whereas, it sounds like Halo has as fairly in-depth plot. My friend says the books are actually pretty good.

So does Street Fighter it too has a "In depth" plot....just maybe not as much as Halo.

Patient_Leech
no expression

roughrider
It's funny how Hollywood hasn't figured out how to adapt a video game into a good movie yet. Is creating a proper narrative that much of a challenge?

I mean, Pirates Of The Caribbean is a monstrously successful movie franchise, and that's based off a theme park ride!

Patient_Leech
Hmm... yeah, that is an interesting point. I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that most of the directors that they get to direct videogame adaptations are mediocre at best. Paul WS Anderson, Uwe Boll 'o' Shit.. (they're the only two that come to mind right away). Perhaps the writers are of similar quality. I actually rather like the Silent Hill movie, but not because it's an incredibly well-told narrative, but because I think the atmosphere, visuals, and performances are really strong. I dunno... I like it. *shrug*

roughrider
Hmm... yeah, that is an interesting point. I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that most of the directors that they get to direct videogame adaptations are mediocre at best. Paul WS Anderson, Uwe Boll 'o' Shit.. (they're the only two that come to mind right away). Perhaps the writers are of similar quality. I actually rather like the Silent Hill movie, but not because it's an incredibly well-told narrative, but because I think the atmosphere, visuals, and performances are really strong. I dunno... I like it. *shrug*

Silent Hill makes me chuckle, just because it was shot in my hometown of Brantford. You want an abandoned ghost town setting, go someplace that won Worst Downtown Core In Canada for a few straight years (yes, actual award. We also won awards for best parks & gardens, located in our suburbs.) My friend & I play spot the location watching it, grinning and laughing. The waterfall scene early on? It's called The Devil's Punchbowl (great name), just outside Hamilton. Anyway...I liked Pyramid Head. You knew serious s*** was going to happen when he came on screen.

So - so Jerry Bruckheimer figures out how to make a theme park ride into a movie, but goes straight to a videogame (Prince Of Persia) and largely whiffs the ball. Did all he need was Johnny Depp mugging on screen as the crazy uncle type?

Is that what it would take to make Halo? Have Johnny Depp camping it up in there? God knows worldwide audiences can't seem to get enough of him chewing the scenery.

Kazenji
no expression

Yeah not 'in-depth'....erm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_II_(manga)

Patient_Leech
Silent Hill makes me chuckle, just because it was shot in my hometown of Brantford. You want an abandoned ghost town setting, go someplace that won Worst Downtown Core In Canada for a few straight years (yes, actual award. We also won awards for best parks & gardens, located in our suburbs.) My friend & I play spot the location watching it, grinning and laughing. The waterfall scene early on? It's called The Devil's Punchbowl (great name), just outside Hamilton. Anyway...I liked Pyramid Head. You knew serious s*** was going to happen when he came on screen.

Hahaha... that's pretty awesome.. sounds like it holds a special place in your heart, then... laughing

So - so Jerry Bruckheimer figures out how to make a theme park ride into a movie, but goes straight to a videogame (Prince Of Persia) and largely whiffs the ball. Did all he need was Johnny Depp mugging on screen as the crazy uncle type?

Is that what it would take to make Halo? Have Johnny Depp camping it up in there? God knows worldwide audiences can't seem to get enough of him chewing the scenery.

Yeah, seriously. Tim Burton has discovered that people would probably pay to go see Johnny Depp pick his nose. He's not the only interesting/quirky actor out there. Brad Pitt is capable of such goofiness. Willem Dafoe. Sam Rockwell... Sacha Baron Cohen.. (okay, so there's not necessarily a whole lot of other people who can do it, heh, but you get the idea.)

Edit:

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah not 'in-depth'....erm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_II_(manga)

Try to lighten up a little, Kazenj. You'll enjoy life more. wink

Jcplumbing
The more important question is whether Halo: The Movie: The Game will be released.

roughrider
A new book coming out puts more of the blame on Microsoft and their demands, actually.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/what-happened-to-the-halo-movie/7563?wssac=164&wssaffid=news&_r=true

Patient_Leech
Nice find, rider. I never have been a fan of the game, so I'm probably not going to cry too hard that it'll never get a film adaptation, but that footage was kind of cool. It did have a similar feel to District 9.

My friend said the Halo books are really good.. was the movie going to follow the books or the game?

harry1233
its really good movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.