Prodigy vs Karate Kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
Genius kid faces the Karate Kid

CasanoVa
Genius kid get's his ass owned.

KK 10/10.

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
Genius kid faces the Karate Kid

which kk

CasanoVa
Originally posted by guy222
which kk

It makes no difference, any of the versions of Karate Kid would pwn him.

Yes, even the girl from "The Next Karate Kid".

That movie just shat on the series, it really did, why couldn't they have just left it at 3? sad

Charlotte DeBel
Prodigy (I'm assuming it's New X-Men Prodigy) can copy KK's skills only. He gets owned... unless that's written by Hudlin.

llagrok
If he copies his skills, shouldn't he be able to match him? It should be good for a surprise.

Blair Wind
Yea....prodigy would be a good match smile

endrict
Smack that bltch up!!!!!

Draco69
If he copies his skills, shouldn't he be able to match him? It should be good for a surprise.

He can possibly match his skills, but not his physical prowess.

For example, he can copy Wonder Woman's skills if he meets her...but he certainly can't copy her strength and speed....

LORDSIDIOUS01
Hilary Swank or Ralph Macchio can beat this guy. Can't they?

The Fake Macoy
KK's better physical stats and willpower let him take the win many more times than not.

Terryc250
prodigy is a smart tactical person, maybe he can take KK skills and use them better, and if other ppl r around he can steal their skills too and incorperate them into KK skills

Joey Stacks
Yeah KK isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. 50/50 split.

llagrok
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
Yeah KK isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. 50/50 split.

That's what I was thinking.

Even though Prodigy lost his powers, he's still a member of the team. Due to his intelligence and such.

Joey Stacks
Yeah and the best way to take KK down has always been outsmarting him, upon thinking about it, I'd give it to Prodigy 6/10x's.

Draco69
You're both stupidly insane. no expression

KK is MUCH smarter than Prodigy. He comes from the 53rd Century. His brain is much more advanced than a normal human due to genetic programming that become common place in the prior century.

He possesses 9th degree intellect. A smart human like Prodigy would rank around 1 and half...

KK is also possesses much, much, more fighting experience than Prodigy.

KK is also much stronger, faster, and tougher than Prodigy.

KK also possesses a Legion Flight Ring...

Prodigy gets his butt handed to him and gets sent back to Xavier where he can sit around and be the token.

TricksterPriest
Ok, explain something to me. How can this guy duplicate martial arts skill with his ability? blink He can have the knowledge, but without the experience and combat reflexes, KK will destroy him. Not to mention he can't utilize the techniques without having gone threw the training and having the right mindset.

Blair Wind
He did it with Wolvie erm

Joey Stacks
Originally posted by Draco69
You're both stupidly insane. no expression

KK is MUCH smarter than Prodigy. He comes from the 53rd Century. His brain is much more advanced than a normal human due to genetic programming that become common place in the prior century.

How often has Karate Kid been duped and cried cheating (and I'm not talking Batman fight)? How often does he beat himself up for not thinking through situations? Etc, etc, etc. Karate Kid is a headstrong hot head that usually rushes the situation with his fists.

janus77
even if you can copy your opponent's moves you cannot stalemate him indefinitely. he can simply use that fact against you. make a fient, give you some bad moves to lull you into adopting a style/stance that is inherently compromised and then destroy you.

anyway, reflexes improve with training, training is beyond mere academic learning it is phsyical learning.

Terryc250
Well prodigy gains the experience and knowledge etc, its part of his powers, like when he fought wolvie, he was able to react and counter, and beat wolverine because wolverine didnt know his powers. So if KK doesnt know wut prodigys powers are im sure KK would pull a move he uses and Prodigy would know that move(KK not knowing) and beable to counter it and beat it. Also prodigy is a very good tactical fighter, makes a very good leader.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by janus77
even if you can copy your opponent's moves you cannot stalemate him indefinitely. he can simply use that fact against you. make a fient, give you some bad moves to lull you into adopting a style/stance that is inherently compromised and then destroy you.

Thats not how prodigy's powers worked erm

He immediately knew anything you knew. He was a limited type of "mind-reader"

Draco69
Originally posted by Terryc250
Well prodigy gains the experience and knowledge etc, its part of his powers, like when he fought wolvie, he was able to react and counter, and beat wolverine because wolverine didnt know his powers. So if KK doesnt know wut prodigys powers are im sure KK would pull a move he uses and Prodigy would know that move(KK not knowing) and beable to counter it and beat it. Also prodigy is a very good tactical fighter, makes a very good leader.

KK would recognize his own moves.

KK has more experience.

KK is stronger.

KK is faster.

KK is tougher.

KK is smarter.

KK can FLY...

Prodigy gets his ass kicked. He simply doesn't have the experience, physical body type or strength to fight effectively.

llagrok
Here's what I find funny. KK is able to use his martial arts to counter opponents whom are far stronger/faster

You don't think Prodigy could do the same?

Draco69
How often has Karate Kid been duped and cried cheating (and I'm not talking Batman fight)? How often does he beat himself up for not thinking through situations? Etc, etc, etc. Karate Kid is a headstrong hot head that usually rushes the situation with his fists.

How often has KK lost a fight against another martial artist? How often has Prodigy faced an opponent of KK's caliber and actually won?

Prodigy get his punk ass handed to him. He has the body of 16 year old boy who works out every now and then while KK is flooded with inner chi and can benchpress thousands of pounds....

Draco69
Here's what I find funny. KK is able to use his martial arts to counter opponents whom are far stronger/faster

You don't think Prodigy could do the same?

Momentarily. Prodigy would use his own skills against him. And KK would instantly recognize his own skills. Hell, he MADE them. Noone fights like KK. He would use his experience and greater inner chi (something Prodigy cannot copy) to punch through his own defenses.

A mime like Prodigy simply won't last long against KK. Or Batman. Or Captain America.

Prodigy gets his punk ass kicked. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ExodusCloak
Here are the scans everyone's referring to. Note this didn't actually happen, Dani and Emma were showing Prodigy his actual abilities and the repercussions of unlocking his mental block that prevents him from assimilating knowledge permanently.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2930/newxmen1010zh9.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1418/newxmen1011mo1.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8492/newxmen1012yp0.jpg

If we're referring to this Prodigy then I'd still give it to KK for these reasons Draco listed:

*KK is stronger.

*KK is faster.

*KK is tougher.

*KK can FLY..

The experience and being smarter wouldn't make a difference since Prodigy would just assimilate whatever he needs from KK . erm

Allow hypothetical Prodigy to take a walk through the DC and MU universe and then I might reconsider. Hah Dr. Strange...ermm

Anyway after what happened in New X-Men #38 I doubt we'll ever see this Prodigy.

Warning New X-Men Spoilers:

Who was the one who said being depowered was the worst thing that could happen?

Don't look at these if you don't want to the end of the issue spoiled:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8444/newxmenkryptoniawezzdcprk4.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5108/newxmenkryptoniawezzdcpiq3.jpg

BlueDMighty
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8444/newxmenkryptoniawezzdcprk4.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5108/newxmenkryptoniawezzdcpiq3.jpg

In the end, saddly, the only escape from mediocre, borderline, uselessness.
(realy the only way out after the way the writers hooked him up.)

"David, do some thing!" "Get me outta this!" (i threw up in my mouth/ way to go creative team)

Hey Cloak, the only reason I'm reading this, is the anticipation of the inevitable Nezhno (Gentle laughing ) dismemberment ( "Extreme Strength"? Riiiiiiiight) just so i can say:

"Told ya so" cool

Joey Stacks
How often has KK lost a fight against another martial artist?

Commander Blud, by being outsmarted.

Hell even Cosmic Boy put down KK with a nerve touch.

llagrok
Momentarily. Prodigy would use his own skills against him. And KK would instantly recognize his own skills. Hell, he MADE them. Noone fights like KK. He would use his experience and greater inner chi (something Prodigy cannot copy) to punch through his own defenses.

A mime like Prodigy simply won't last long against KK. Or Batman. Or Captain America.

Prodigy gets his punk ass kicked. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You don't understand. Prodigy would also know every single martial arts style there is in the world. You think Karate kid would instant recognize each style? Prodigy knows KK better then he knows himself, and can anticipate what he'll do next. He'd know exactly what KK would do and how he would react.

TricksterPriest
You don't understand. Prodigy would also know every single martial arts style there is in the world. You think Karate kid would instant recognize each style? Prodigy knows KK better then he knows himself, and can anticipate what he'll do next. He'd know exactly what KK would do and how he would react.

Not only would KK know each style, he'd beat Prodigy senseless. He can know all of his experience and styles, and still not win. I don't believe Prodigy can beat KK in a straight fight even with the skill leech.

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not only would KK know each style, he'd beat Prodigy senseless. He can know all of his experience and styles, and still not win. I don't believe Prodigy can beat KK in a straight fight even with the skill leech.

Did you even read what I said?

Tazer
Yo.

How often has Karate Kid been duped and cried cheating (and I'm not talking Batman fight)?

ummmm....that would be NONE, unless U have some refs Ud like to share w/us??

How often does he beat himself up for not thinking through situations? Etc, etc, etc. Karate Kid is a headstrong hot head that usually rushes the situation with his fists.

he HAS done that, sure. but nowhere near as often as U make it out to be.

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.