I got hit by a car today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chillmeistergen
Well as the title says today, I got hit by a car. It was really scary it belted me n the side and I sort of span round in the air and landed really akwardly on my ankle. I've torn all the ligiments in it and have a very severe sprain and my legs are covered in bad cuts. I was extremely lucky however, they said both in the ambulance and in the hospital that if I'd hit my head I would at best have concussion, most likely be in a coma, or at worst dead.
Scary stuff, and I tell ya it bloody hurts.

RogerRamjet
did you jaywalk or was it his fault?

Tattoo
Ligament tears, lots of fun.

ladygrim
*OUCH*

Dinglehopper
Ouch

ladygrim
Originally posted by Dinglehopper
Ouch big grin the little mermaid now that is something i have not watched in years !!!

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
did you jaywalk or was it is his fault?

Jaywalk?

It was a woman and nah it was neither of our faults. two lanes of traffic had stopped at traffic lights and only one was moving, I looked down the road and could only see a car far down the road. I stepped out and a car was literally half a foot away going to fast to stop, I couldn't see them and they couldn't see me because both of our views wee obscured by the stationary cars.

She was really good about it, I went into shock and was shivering and she kept me warm and everything while we waited for the ambulance.

ladygrim
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Jaywalk?

It was a woman and nah it was neither of our faults. two lanes of traffic had stopped at traffic lights and only one was moving, I looked down the road and could only see a car far down the road. I stepped out and a car was literally half a foot away going to fast to stop, I couldn't see them and they couldn't see me because both of our views wee obscured by the stationary cars.

She was really good about it, I went into shock and was shivering and she kept me warm and everything while we waited for the ambulance. bugger sad at least you only came away with minor injurys

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by ladygrim
bugger sad at least you only came away with minor injurys

Yeah, won't be able to play football for a while, but at least I'll be able to open my eyes. Could have broken my neck as well or loads of different things, I was pretty damn unlucky and lucky at the same time ha.

ladygrim
Yeah, won't be able to play football for a while, but at least I'll be able to open my eyes. Could have broken my neck as well or loads of different things, I was pretty damn unlucky and lucky at the same time ha. Very!

Running Mascara
Well as the title says today, I got hit by a car. It was really scary it belted me n the side and I sort of span round in the air and landed really akwardly on my ankle. I've torn all the ligiments in it and have a very severe sprain and my legs are covered in bad cuts. I was extremely lucky however, they said both in the ambulance and in the hospital that if I'd hit my head I would at best have concussion, most likely be in a coma, or at worst dead.
Scary stuff, and I tell ya it bloody hurts.

petpet that's worse than what happened to me this Sunday..I almost drowned w/ my best friend...at least you didn't die hun!! smile

Tattoo
Yeah, won't be able to play football for a while, but at least I'll be able to open my eyes. Could have broken my neck as well or loads of different things, I was pretty damn unlucky and lucky at the same time ha.

How bad are the ligament tears?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Tattoo
How bad are the ligament tears?

Not as bad as they could be luckily, still excruciating though. The sprain however is a very bad sprain. I had to have 10mgs of morphine in the ambulance for the pain.

Schecter
damn...i hope the car wasnt too damaged sad

j/k hope you feel better soon stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
Haha, just a broken headlight I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.