Ontario Liberals refuse to accept responsibility in slush fund scandal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starhawk
I thinks it's also worthy to note that the public was not made aware that there was money available, nor were organizations given notice or allowed to apply. And there was now review process, they weren't investigated as to how they were going to use the money either. How it was done is that the Premier asked members of his party to put forth names. They also directly lied to certain organizations that asked if there was grant money available like a Hindu temple in Toronto that was burned down post 9/11.

And so far the liberal party has ducked the issue, refused to call for the auditor general to over look their books or for any investigation.

This is twice within the last 3 years the liberal party has been involved in financial scandal. I hope they don't win the next election.

BackFire
No one cares about Canada.

chillmeistergen
God, you love pumping this forum full of your Canadian political, pet hates don't you?

Starhawk
Originally posted by BackFire

There's allot of Canadian members, are we not allowed to post things we care about as well?

BackFire
Of course you're allowed. I didn't close the thread, did I?

Fishy
Let's just wait and see. If it's true then the people responsible should definitely be fired. At this moment in time however they are still investigating and I think that should be allowed to finish before any final decisions are made.

Starhawk
Well it's kind of rude to say no one cares about my country. I care and I assume other Canadian members care.

BackFire
I apologize for echoing the sentiments of the rest of the world.

Starhawk
At least we aren't hated like the US, I have cousins in the US who have taken trips to other countries and they are told if asked to say they are Canadians so they will be received better.

WrathfulDwarf
All I want to know is....

...this won't affect the production of Maple Syrup...right?

stick out tongue

BackFire
Originally posted by Starhawk
At least we aren't hated like the US, I have cousins in the US who have taken trips to other countries and they are told if asked to say they are Canadians so they will be received better.

They shouldn't worry about how stupid people treat them.

inimalist
I apologize for echoing the sentiments of the rest of the world.

one of the very few things I dislike about being Canadian is how apathetic our nation seems to be when it comes to trying to lead the world in something.

Military, economy, science, progressiveness, ect. We are sort of middle of the pack (or at the bottom in terms of military) for all of them...

Fishy
Originally posted by inimalist
one of the very few things I dislike about being Canadian is how apathetic our nation seems to be when it comes to trying to lead the world in something.

Military, economy, science, progressiveness, ect. We are sort of middle of the pack (or at the bottom in terms of military) for all of them...

Let's be honest here, how much could Canada do? It's better to be average on all fronts then to rule in one and suck in another, yeah I know it's not really nice to hear that but an overall high score is still better then any smaller high score.

Starhawk

Do you agree with me about the liberal slush fund?

inimalist
Originally posted by Fishy
Let's be honest here, how much could Canada do? It's better to be average on all fronts then to rule in one and suck in another, yeah I know it's not really nice to hear that but an overall high score is still better then any smaller high score.

I do agree in part

However, I'm not necessarily interested in mediocrity.

And we generally have no voice internationally.

Lol, maybe its just being the mouse in bed with the elephant

Fishy
I do agree in part

However, I'm not necessarily interested in mediocrity.

And we generally have no voice internationally.

Lol, maybe its just being the mouse in bed with the elephant

My country has the same problem, it sucks but it really isn't that bad compared to other country's... We have no real choice

inimalist
Do you agree with me about the liberal slush fund?

I think all major political parties see taxes and funds as their own little piggy bank of ways to consolidate power.

The idea that someone is receiving a government kickback is hardly surprising and not at all a Liberal issue to me.

The problem is that this will just be another meme that is thrown around at election time, each party has their past indiscretions, and the slander tends to just cancel out in the minds of Canadian voters (attack adds haven't been to successful up here until recently, but not nearly on the scale as they are in the states).

There is complete ambivalence to the idea of accountability to the people of a country by governments. Nobody wants to enact the laws, or enforce them, since it destroys the ability of that party to use such effective tools in holding power. So ya I don't like it, but corruption is a built in problem with any system run by people.

inimalist
Originally posted by Fishy
My country has the same problem, it sucks but it really isn't that bad compared to other country's... We have no real choice

no, we don't have it bad at all, and by in large I love Canada.

its just envy to be one of the big guys I'm sure smile

Starhawk
I know there's nothing new about scandals, but the fact that they outright lied to charities and organizations meanwhile supporting ones connected to them makes me even more upset about this incident. The liberal party has fallen far from what it used to be.

Willaume
Hmm....good ol' Liberals. stick out tongue

Seriously though, whether the scandal be true or not, I have to ask:
Is anyone actually surprised that they'd be unwilling to accept responsibility? confused
I mean, its such a widely used tactic, especially in Canadian politics, that I barely notice any more.

This reaction didn't surprise me. Canada is seen as the U.S.'s b!tch worldwide, and, unless we can do something to change this perception, we'll always be viewed thus. smile
Just take comfort in the fact that we know the truth....or a version of it.... evil face

Nellinator
The Liberal Party is a joke in Canada now. Vote Conservative, it's pretty much the only choice.

Military, economy, science, progressiveness, ect. We are sort of middle of the pack (or at the bottom in terms of military) for all of them... Yah, we aren't hated, but are embarassing to everyone associated with us. I would say we are among the leaders in medical technology though. Our pharmaceudicals and whatnot are topnotch.

xmarksthespot
No one cares about Canada. So so true.

Alliance

Not to mention, any thread title that mentions the word "liberal" or "conservative" is automatically bullsh*t.

Schecter
what a shame

the poor children

wait, whats the topic?

jaden101
gay, half jewish half muslim, disabled immigrant terrorist paedophiles taking everybodys jobs while subsequently scamming welfare money, killing rabbits, raping babies, blowing up innocent people and being fat.

i think

Schecter
Originally posted by jaden101
gay, half jewish half muslim, disabled immigrant terrorist paedophiles

yawn

taking everybodys jobs

RABBLERABBLERABBLE!!!!! mad harUMPH!!!!

while subsequently scamming welfare money, killing rabbits, raping babies, blowing up innocent people and being fat.

i think

yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:edit: you forgot "liberal"

jaden101
i didn't want to offend anyone so i thought it best not to mention liberals

Nellinator
Originally posted by Alliance
Not to mention, any thread title that mentions the word "liberal" or "conservative" is automatically bullsh*t. Not in this case though because The Liberal Party is the name of the party. They aren't necessarily liberal.

Alliance
Originally posted by Nellinator
Not in this case though because The Liberal Party is the name of the party. They aren't necessarily liberal.

*mutters something about how Americans are ignroant but its still a good point*

Starhawk
Originally posted by Nellinator
Not in this case though because The Liberal Party is the name of the party. They aren't necessarily liberal.

They are FAR from liberal (or honest, or accountable, or trustworthy)

Nellinator
*mutters something about how Americans are ignroant but its still a good point* laughing It is a good point.
They are FAR from liberal (or honest, or accountable, or trustworthy) They are fairly liberal.

Tangible God
No one cares about Canada. A lot of Canadians don't care about Hindus.

Alliance
I support the annexation of Canada.

Willaume
I support the annexation of Canada.

laughing out loud

They are FAR from liberal (or honest, or accountable, or trustworthy)

I wouldn't apply any of those virtues to any political party. no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.