Anakin Vs obiwan Red Vs Blue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rubinator
a buddy of mine made it Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4puaVsdKUuk

General G
Nice! Is that the one that The Ones made?

rubinator
Nope, also he is giving sidious a blue lightsaber, if i recall in the original script, palpatine takes anakins lightsaber and fight with it.

Schecter
4puaVsdKUuk

sithsaber408
eek!

Awesome!

Glad to see this finished in one form or another.

Would've messed up Obi getting Anakin's old saber though.

Still, a great effort.

The effect looks just as good as Obi's rotoscoping. thumb up

queeq
Looks sweet. Well done.

Count Makashi
A masterpiece.

queeq
Well... not exactly. Hayden's acting still sucks.

Alliance
Well done, but always better in Blue vs blue.

queeq
Yup. Because this would mean: Luke with a red lightsabre. Let's redo ANH and ESB as well...

overlord
Originally posted by Schecter
4puaVsdKUuk Looks way better than the original.

General G
Originally posted by queeq
Well... not exactly. Hayden's acting still sucks.

Kinda hard to fix that. erm

queeq
Indeed.

General G
Quite. mad

Ridley_Prime
Heh. That was pretty bad-ass. Nicely done. smile

Now all they need is General Grievous having 4 red light-sabers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

chinabing
Looks cool, but makes no sense.

Didn't they somehow switch lightsabers during that table battle because of some cut scene before that? I remember reading something about that somewhere. So wouldn't Anakin have a blue saber when he's choking Obi-Wan? Then they switch back.

Of course, this is ridiculously picky!

Count Makashi
Why there isn't a black lightsaber, or white, some more colors.

queeq
Originally posted by chinabing
Looks cool, but makes no sense.

Didn't they somehow switch lightsabers during that table battle because of some cut scene before that? I remember reading something about that somewhere. So wouldn't Anakin have a blue saber when he's choking Obi-Wan? Then they switch back.

Of course, this is ridiculously picky!

Doesn't matter in the final scene, does it.

General G
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Heh. That was pretty bad-ass. Nicely done. smile

Now all they need is General Grievous having 4 red light-sabers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah! eek!

Alliance
Yup. Because this would mean: Luke with a red lightsabre. Let's redo ANH and ESB as well...

No, because blue vs blue actually makes a statement in SW.

General G
Friend vs. Friend
Brother vs. Brother
Blue vs. Blue

It would be like putting Batman vs. Robin.

queeq
Exactly. There was sarcasm in that remark... for those that didn't notice.

General G
There was sarcasm in your "Exactly" remark?

chinabing
Doesn't matter in the final scene, does it. No, never said it did. I thought they've got the wrong sabers when Anakin is choking Obi-Wan. It's in one of those "mistakes" sites.

General G
I thought of thatm, but always considered that they grabbed the right one.

queeq
Yes, but there is a glitch there where OB1 holds his sabre halfway in the wide shot and higher up in the close shot. Can't really see if the sabres are really different.

General G
Didn't notice that glitch, when does it happen?

queeq
In the Mustafar control room. It's rather a famous mistake, eitehr about the change of sabres or OB1 holding it. Couldn't quite figure it out.

General G
Hmm...I will have to check that out.

queeq
You will.

chinabing
It's difficult to spot I mussay. Good thing they were the same color lightsabers.

queeq
Hehehe... quite.

chinabing
It would be cool if they could figure it out. Then I'd know for sure where & when exactly the lightsabers were switched.

queeq
And then your life would be complete?

What does it matter?

General G
Something else to make fun of Lucas for?

queeq
His flanel shirts?

General G
Those remind me of old farmers. So yeah, that could work too.

queeq
The Big Flanelled One.

General G
lol

queeq
Better than the Chosen One.

General G
Only a bit better though.

queeq
It's enough.

General G
Ot could still be better though.

queeq
Always.

JediRobin23
I still think it could have been a better dual

queeq
Maybe if Hayden would have acted a little more interestingly.

General G
How could he have? It was a duel...not too much can go on other than smacking at each other with their lightsabers.

queeq
"You underestimate my POOHWWERRRRRRR..."

THat could have been better.

Ridley_Prime
"You underestimate my POOHWWERRRRRRR..."

THat could have been better.
Meh. That line was rather predictable, if anything. stick out tongue

queeq
For starters, yes. And then there was the delivery, which didn't help.

General G
Yeah, but if he overdramatised it like that, it would have been more cheesy.

queeq
He did overdramatise it.

chinabing
And then your life would be complete?

What does it matter?

It's just interesting, that's all. We've seen the movies so often now that whenever a mistake is coming in the dvd, we all wait for it, like the stormtrooper bumping his head. And the fact that Lucas did a good job of hiding the switched lightsabers is just another mcguffin when you've seen the movie before.

Count Makashi
There should have been more talking, more convincing from Obi-Wan to Anakin, that he comes back to the light, that was missing.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Count Makashi
There should have been more talking, more convincing from Obi-Wan to Anakin, that he comes back to the light, that was missing.
Yeah. Now that I think about it, you're right...

General G
What else could there have been though? Anakin attacked first.

queeq
It's just interesting, that's all. We've seen the movies so often now that whenever a mistake is coming in the dvd, we all wait for it, like the stormtrooper bumping his head. And the fact that Lucas did a good job of hiding the switched lightsabers is just another mcguffin when you've seen the movie before.

That's not what a McGuffin is about...

General G
McGuffin?

queeq
Movie mechanism. Alfred Hitchcock's favorite. He explained it like this:

It might be a Scottish name, taken from a story about two men in a train. One man says, 'What's that package up there in the baggage rack?' And the other answers, 'Oh that's a McGuffin.' The first one asks 'What's a McGuffin?' 'Well' the other man says, 'It's an apparatus for trapping lions in the Scottish Highlands.' The first man says, 'But there are no lions in the Scottish Highlands,' and the other one answers 'Well, then that's no McGuffin!' So you see, a McGuffin is nothing at all.

chinabing
That's not what a McGuffin is about... In a way, it is. It's not exactly what a mcguffin is. But what do you call it when you watch a movie you've seen time and time again, and it comes to your favorite part and you wait for it, wait for it, and then there it is, what we've all been looking for.

General G
Movie mechanism. Alfred Hitchcock's favorite. He explained it like this:

It might be a Scottish name, taken from a story about two men in a train. One man says, 'What's that package up there in the baggage rack?' And the other answers, 'Oh that's a McGuffin.' The first one asks 'What's a McGuffin?' 'Well' the other man says, 'It's an apparatus for trapping lions in the Scottish Highlands.' The first man says, 'But there are no lions in the Scottish Highlands,' and the other one answers 'Well, then that's no McGuffin!' So you see, a McGuffin is nothing at all.

Alright, I think I get it. Thanks. wink

queeq
In a way, it is. It's not exactly what a mcguffin is. But what do you call it when you watch a movie you've seen time and time again, and it comes to your favorite part and you wait for it, wait for it, and then there it is, what we've all been looking for.

Again, that's not what a McGuffin is... A McGuffin is nothing but an excuse to start the story. THe trick is losing it somewhere down the road.

chinabing
Again, that's not what a McGuffin is... A McGuffin is nothing but an excuse to start the story. THe trick is losing it somewhere down the road. My point was, and I do have one, is that it is similar to what a mcguffin is. Related. Close.

General G
Again, that's not what a McGuffin is... A McGuffin is nothing but an excuse to start the story. THe trick is losing it somewhere down the road.

I don't get it anymore! You said a Mcguffin is nothing!

queeq
It is nothing... but it's something. Remember the story about the case in the train: there was something there, but it was nothing (important).

To explain. Take Hitchcock's fantastic classic North by Northwest. Roger Thornhill gets kidnapped because he is taken for someone else. The original reason for the kidnapping is never really explained. It is done away with halfway the movies with the remark that it was about state secrets. Ergo: we never find out what it was about (because Hitchcock found that boring) and he dumped the McGuffin (i.e. the very thing that set the entire movie into motion) with a casual remark like that. Classic McGuffin, ergo, the switched lightsabres are NO MCGuffin because they bear no relevance to the story. It's just a mini plotpoint that was discarded in editing and had to be covered up. That's what editing is all about: covering up what didn't work (yet).

General G
I get it!

queeq
Yaaayyy!

Ridley_Prime
Heh. Here's another "Red vs Blue" I just found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJOGMQJeQjQ

It's Luke having a blue lightsaber against Vader in RotJ like he did in ESB...

Now, why isn't there a General Grievous edit one yet? sad

Ridley_Prime
Now this is just messed up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtrc8DCvfdo

>_> I guess you would call that Purple vs Blue...

queeq
What the heck is the point???????????

General G
laughing out loud

Red vs. Blue! I love that series! It's great.

And queeq, you have to start at the bginning to get any of it. It is basically two teams against each other who actually do very little fighting and get themselves into awkward situations, very humorous.

queeq
I know the beginning... it just seems rather pointless. Use other colors for instance. Blue is a bit boring.

I still like to see a blacklight sabre in operation.

General G
It doesn't really need a point, it is funny.

But then you wouldn't be able to see it if it were dark.

queeq
Well, it might. I'm still working on teh concept. I think you won't see the blade, but you will see the glow. I think that is kinda cool.

General G
Hmm, sounds neat, so there would be an outline glow around it or...

queeq
Yeah... that'd be the idea. I had a character in the RPG once that had a blacklight sabre. I liked that.

General G
What game?

queeq
RPG.. here on KMC. But it was ages since I played last.

General G
Wow, I should really visit other places in here...

queeq
You should.

General G
Anywhere you recommend?

queeq
No, I got it once via a old ex-KMC mod.

General G
I see.

queeq
Yes.

General G
I am assuming he is not here anymore?

Ridley_Prime
I know the beginning... it just seems rather pointless. Use other colors for instance. Blue is a bit boring.

I still like to see a blacklight sabre in operation.
A blacklight sabre? Meh. I would just call that a darksaber. stick out tongue xd

Originally posted by General G
I am assuming he is not here anymore?
Hmm. Probably not >.>...

General G
You should make one to his specifications.

queeq
Who?

General G
Ridley Prime makes one to your liking.

Ridley_Prime
Um, if it's something I can do with a GIMP/Photoshop edit, sure. stick out tongue Then again, I'm not that experienced at this kind of stuff. sad

Eh, sorry to disappoint you if you thought I was able to...

Ridley_Prime
Um, if it's something I can do with a GIMP/Photoshop edit, sure. stick out tongue Then again, I'm not that experienced at this kind of stuff. sad

Eh, sorry to disappoint you if you thought I was able to...

Edit: Sorry about the double post. My computer was loading too slowly when I tried posting at first, so I hit the back button without knowing my reply was already submitted. Delete this post please.

queeq
I can make lightsabres... the thing with this one is that I have to figure out how it should look.. The blade could be transparant or black, but the glow would be dark purple... Dunno, have to look into that.

General G
You should and then post it.

Count Makashi
I can make lightsabres... the thing with this one is that I have to figure out how it should look.. The blade could be transparant or black, but the glow would be dark purple... Dunno, have to look into that.

Make the glow black, like Mace had purple, you make it black, or white, or silver, silver look real good in KOTOR2.

General G
I used red in KOTOR 1 and 2...

Count Makashi
I played more then once, so i used different color every time, but only if i played as a Jedi, following the light side, if i played as a Sith, i always had red, you have to follow tradition.

queeq
Black doesn't glow... *sigh*

Ridley_Prime
And that my friend, is why a LIGHTsaber and black do not mix. stick out tongue

I wish it were possible too though...

General G
I played more then once, so i used different color every time, but only if i played as a Jedi, following the light side, if i played as a Sith, i always had red, you have to follow tradition.

No way, red all the way, no matter what side your on.

Well, don't you just ruin the fun.

Ridley_Prime
No way, red all the way, no matter what side your on.
Meh. I like the lightsaber color style (good guys have blue, green, or purple ; bad guys have red because they're the cooler ones) just the way it is, but that's just me...

Count Makashi
If i was a character in SW, i would have a silver one and be a Jedi ofcourse.

queeq
And that my friend, is why a LIGHTsaber and black do not mix. stick out tongue

I wish it were possible too though...

And that my friend shows you don't know what blacklight is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_light

Ridley_Prime
And that my friend shows you don't know what blacklight is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_light
Heh. Guess you got me there. stick out tongue

Then again, according to this pic from that wiki article...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Black_light_bulb.jpg

A black light bulb is actually pretty violet/purple to the human eye, so I guess a lightsaber of that color would be much like Mace's, yes? >.>

General G
Oh man, you got queeq.

queeq
Well, I thought of that of course. But it's not really purple. It's a particular ultraviolet kind of light, that doesn't really emit light, it just lights up particular light areas. So my idea was to come up with a blacklight sabre. That might have a purple glow, but not as light emitting as Mace's.

I doubt you ever saw blacklight in action. At a frat house I used to be a member of, they had the toilet lit only by blacklight. They also made the toilet seat black, you couldn't see a damn thing except for the essentials: the toiletpaper and the pee.

Ridley_Prime
Well, I thought of that of course. But it's not really purple. It's a particular ultraviolet kind of light, that doesn't really emit light, it just lights up particular light areas. So my idea was to come up with a blacklight sabre. That might have a purple glow, but not as light emitting as Mace's.

I doubt you ever saw blacklight in action. At a frat house I used to be a member of, they had the toilet lit only by blacklight. They also made the toilet seat black, you couldn't see a damn thing except for the essentials: the toiletpaper and the pee.
Hmm. So I see. >.> Point taken, I guess...

But yeah. You're right. I haven't seen blacklight used in action. stick out tongue Thank you for teaching me about this though. smile Really.

queeq
Hehehe

Count Makashi
Oh no, queeq wins again.

General G
He gave in...

Ridley_Prime
Oh no, queeq wins again.
Um, he taught me something. Is that bad? confused

He gave in...
Sawrry. sad

OB1-adobe
I liked better Blue vs. blue.

Cuz thats the only time it happens in the saga.

Think how the affect of the doubled bladed light saber in EP. 1 would change if everyone used it.

Sith Master X
Unless you count the few times that Obi-Wn and GG clashed blue/blue sabers. I still wish GG had red.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I still wish GG had red.
Same here sad...

Sith Master X
Even if he wasn't a Sith, red is just more suitable for his character.

Ridley_Prime
Even if he wasn't a Sith, red is just more suitable for his character.
Exactly. smile He's the closest thing there is to a Sith anyhow (and I'm talkin' about the original version of Grievous from the Clone Wars series ; not the weakened version from episode III)...

OB1-adobe
Unless you count the few times that Obi-Wn and GG clashed blue/blue sabers. I still wish GG had red.

The whole point of his charcater using those sabers is to kill another jedi with very weapon he pried from anothers dead hand. Thats his attitude, and what he obvoiusly prides himself about.

He dosn't get a red one cuz he ain't a sith.

Sith Master X
I understand that too, and it makes sense. It's just too bad he had to use a "good color", if you would call it that.

Ridley_Prime
I understand that too, and it makes sense. It's just too bad he had to use a "good color", if you would call it that.
Yeah...

Then again, although red's my favorite color, I think it would look kind of lame if Grievous used either 2 of 4 (depending on how many arms he's using) red lightsaber. I'm beginning to think it would look cooler if when Grievous is using 2 arms, he uses 1 red lightsaber & the other be either blue or green, and when he's using 4 arms, have 2 red lightsabers & the other 2 be blue and green (needless to say, it would look weird if he had a purple one like Mace's).

That would definitely look the coolest IMO, especially if they were to edit/recolor it to be like that in either the Obiwan vs Grievous scene in RotS or the parts where Grievous fights in the Clone Wars series.

queeq
Um, he taught me something. Is that bad? confused

Sawrry. sad

Don't be sorry. Makashi is a bit grudgy... never mind him.

I was glad you heard something new... my young apprentice. wink

General G
Here we go again. *slaps forehead*

queeq
Hehehe

dadudemon
I am too late. Yeah, a black light saber would have to be made out of something that absorbs light, like a singularity saber. Now wouldn't that be cool, a light saber that has a blade made of a black hole? Anyway, to have a light saber that is as dark as possible, in other words, one that is as blue shifted as possible on the EMS (electromagnetic spectrum) it would be a purplish color. (Black lights are actually purple lights. (That frat house story is just awesome.))

Back on topic, that is just amazing that that guy took the time to redo that sequence...just awesome that he has that ability.

General G
I was never a tech guy. I could never do that.

Count Makashi
Me either, i am more of a caveman type.

Ridley_Prime
I was never a tech guy. I could never do that.
Meh. I'm sort of a tech guy, but not to the point where I know how to make a pic/video of something like a black lightsaber...

Me either, i am more of a caveman type.
Geico, err black lightsabers... So easy a caveman can do it.
stick out tongue

ESB -1138
Originally posted by rubinator
a buddy of mine made it Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4puaVsdKUuk

See the Obi Wan vs. Anakin lightsaber duel the way it should have been! After 3 long months of re-editing lightsaber footage from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, I present to you the product. A sith isn't a sith without a red lightsaber.

I disagree with this fellow here. It's not like the other fights; it's not Jedi vs Sith; it's friend vs friend, brother vs brother. Not a simple good vs evil fight like with Yoda and Palpatine.

But he did some nice work with the lightsaber.

queeq
Nice work but obsolete.

dadudemon
Nice work but obsolete.

Explain how it is obsolete...seriously, I do not know in what context you are meaning that.

General G
Meaning that it does not really matter, it is purely for our enjoyment, that nobody who doesn't visit this forum will never see.

queeq
HEhehe...

No obsolete that is is only fun to look at. The two blue sabres meant something, Anakin wielding a red sabre doesn't add or mean anything.

General G
It means he is a Sith.

queeq
But we already know that. So what's the point?

Count Makashi
That its official.

queeq
Oh... party time.

General G
Exactly.

Count Makashi
Happy Dance , evrybody dance.

General G
No dancing...

Count Makashi
Why, i thought GG was a great dancer, because of his incredible agility.

General G
He is, but when he starts, you can't stop him.

Count Makashi
And why is that?

General G
Well, because he doesn't dance very often, he has to get it out of his system when he starts, so that he doesn't spontaneously start dancing.

Count Makashi
To bad, i was looking forward seeing him in action, dancing action that is.

General G
Not on this day.

Count Makashi
sad

General G
evil face

Count Makashi
I thought that he would be happy to dance, tho show of and to get all the ladies.

General G
He is married.

Count Makashi
To whom? Its probably a gay relationship, isn't it?

queeq
G: "I'm an excellent dancer."

Bet he's a great pocket calculator at the Black Jack tabel too.

General G
To whom? Its probably a gay relationship, isn't it?

Not a chance.

G: "I'm an excellent dancer."

Bet he's a great pocket calculator at the Black Jack tabel too.

He will get annoyed if you ask him a math question.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>