Spiderman 3 for PS2 sucks!STAY AWAY FOLKS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spiderman_RJ
in doubt rent,but never buy this game

:reasons

-yet again another boring tutorial,this times longer then ever,you basically start with nothing, and i mean nothing!all you have is a punch punch kick moviment and a jump web moviment,then a web in the face thing,then goes to outside work where you are prompt EVERYTIME with new stuff,like learn to websling, then do some mission and get auto web zip.basically im already with the suit,first met harry,and i only have 2 types of combos i mean,WTF? sm2 had way more things in the game in the beggining.

-controls sucks.the dont respond well,at least for the combat the swing is ok.
-the run on the wall bug,if you run inverted like down you just cant stop till spiderman decides and he goes on and on,also at the beggining i though it was cool,spider has a wall sliding,where he...well slides on the wall if you are too fast,but then he does that everytime instead of actually sticking to it,does the pc version suffer from this too?

-camera sucks its always a trouble as it tries to stay behind you but you look sight of were you are or were the baddie is.

-mission,if there is anything more dull than that i dont know,basically save people,and go to point A to B,smack some thug who aparently dont even put a fight (worst AI ever,if it can be called I,i call AD).

-submission are actually mini games,cos they pop on screen and you have the hability to engage or not,when you engage the game freezes and load this submisson wich is basically the same as the mission stuff A to B,find some stuff,oh and the better,remember they said nothing like saving a girl balloon would be in the game? yah..sure.....i just had a mission quest to deliver...FRUIT PIE! to a lady.....what? spiderman now is free delivery boy?RIDICULOUS! i get the fruit pie is a pun from the old advertisments but comon!and then the game freeze again to leave the mini game

-i just got the suit,and it has better movies then normal spiderman but it is still too slow(i mean the controls response).

i played for 2 1/2 hours,and honestly i feel no desire to proceed,the game is very boring.

on the top note,many complained about the grafics quality being bad,inferior to sm2,well i dont remember sm2 very well only played for a little,but i though the grafics were cool,i specially liked the spiderman 3d model and its animation while swinging and crawling.

so be advised you problably heard its crap,believe it,its true.aparently they had no idea in what to fill this game with.i hope the pc version is better.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I have this game. Its great. I'm almost done solving it. By the way I have it for XBOX 360.

Spiderman_RJ
i hate you with all my guts then!
since the xbox 360 is the same as pc,does it suffer from the comment wall sliding bug?does it even have a wall sliding?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
i hate you with all my guts then!
since the xbox 360 is the same as pc,does it suffer from the comment wall sliding bug?does it even have a wall sliding?

No and yes

Sam Z
Few questions.
Does spider sense still warn of every attack as it did in SM2?
Is there a dodge button and if yes, how does it work?

Spiderman_RJ
Answer YES and YES,but its diferent for PS2
on ps2 only sometimes like the enemy will attack you with guns,you with something on his hand to hit you get a blue circle above your head,but the dodge system is no way near interative like it was in sm2,you just basically jump and roll into the ground,sometimes he dodges like leaning back and forth but mostly of my dodge was the jump to ground and roll with is gay.
course there some cool ones like if you run towards the guy and press dodge spidey will jump above him so you can attack his back,there is a upgrade that lets you punch the head of the enemy as you do this,but i couldnt buy becouse i still have no MONEY!even though much has happened.
and forget the cool spidersense like ps3,there is no such a option,nor the adrenaline,it just keeps loading and activate on its own,wich is annoying and honestly not helpfull at all.
but dont worry about spidersense,im playing on superhero dificult (hard)
and the enemies are just as dumb and ridiculous as the sidekick they just take more blood from you,WICH also is not a problem cos in this game spiderman is wolverine and you have healing,so if things got little hard just leave the scene for a while till your blood refills.

tedsallis
I hope the PC version is decent...

Spiderman_RJ
dont worry the pc version is the same from the xbox360...but...it requires a shader model 3 compliant video card,and a monster machine to run properly.

mr.smiley
i wish in these games you could take your saved data from SM1&2 and use them on the third game.That way your character would already be at a higher level.I haven't played SM3 yet,but out of all the crappy movie to game franchises out their,i thought SM2 broke the bad streak.

SpyCspider
wow i just played the game for ps2..and its' got one of the crappiest graphics..i think it's even less detailed and worse than SM1 on ps2...lighting, colors, etc.

Maybe they made the ps2 version look horrible so the ps3 one will shine.

Spiderman_RJ
no they made it this way cos now there is more building...but the worse about the buildings is that they look like squared boxer planted on the ground i mean, they dont look the least like they are part of the cenario.

ragesRemorse
I have been playing this game for the 360 for a few days now. I have come to the conclusion that as long as you play it for no longer than fifteen minutes at a time it is fun. After playing for longer that fifteen minutes however, the game becomes redundant.

The combat mechanics are exactly the same from spiderman 2...BROKEN. there is nothing fun about the fighting. It is tedious and un rewarding. The camera also doesnt do anything but get in the way.

the graphics even for the 360 are ugly, and unimproved. I was hoping that they would have made the city and its population more of the game this time, but again it serves as nothing other than a backdrop for spidermans swinging. the swinging does still look fairly impressive but again, nothing new from the previous game.

When you arent playing the missions there is nothing to do, unless you want to fight the same 6 crimes over and over and over and over again.

this brings me to the worst part of the game...the voice acting. There is no enthusiasm or acting in the voice wrok what so ever, much like the acting in the film. as bad as superman returns was, it was a better game than this, because atleast the flying in superman was fullfilling

graphics-4/10
gameplay-4/10
fun factor-4/10
overall-4.5/10

Swanky-Tuna
So it's like Spiderman 2 with a new hat?

Spiderman_RJ
6 crimes? wow i warned,they would make this sucks......not to tell about the gangs, i found their design lazy and stupid.
seems the pc version is not better at all.......even usm was funnier to play.
f.k you activision!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
So it's like Spiderman 2 with a new hat?

Basically, but doesnt feel as fun as spiderman2

and for god sakes, You know you have a shitty superhero game when spiderman has trouble beating up people with a hammer

freak_o32
I agree with RJ the game suck for ps2 its no diff from the second one

Swanky-Tuna
I played it for the PC and all I can say is... **** you, Robbie, those pictures were awesome.

Menetnashté
I have it for the 360 and found it decent. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10, it kept me entertained for awhile anyway. But it got annoying at some points and you can't save your game at a point for you to go back later, which is annoying as hell, so to fight Harry again I have to do it all over, which is feckin' lame. Basically it has little replay value since I don't want to fight the friggin' idiotic gangs again...I mean dragontails is a gang wtf?

Yoshi Fanatic
You haters are obviously on crack. I bought the Spiderman 3 video game for Playstation 2 the day after I watched the movie, and it was awesome. The boss battles were the best parts. To me, the hardest boss is Venom. It would have been cool to play as Venom because he's so cool. You people need to stop being so picky and particular about the small stuff and just enjoy the darn game!

Arctic
I rented this game twice and I think its pretty fun. I can't get past the battle with venom yet though lol. But one thing that was better on Spiderman 2 is the jumping from building to building. Its really just a small thing but its part of what made it fun for me. On spiderman 2 you could jump much farther and higher and the swinging just seemed more fun. But the black suit is pretty cool. Oh yeah and a really cool thing about the game were the interactive cut scenes, like when you're fighting Harry, thats just fun.

llagrok
Planned on picking it up for 360, but now I'm leaning towards MUA. Cleared it twice, and it still sounds more fun than this.

Movie games are generally fail.

Spiderman_RJ
keep with mua, and RENT it. not worth buying

Yoshi Fanatic
It is worth buying. It is a very good game. Certain parts of it should be fixed but, nevertheless, it is an enjoyable game.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by llagrok
Planned on picking it up for 360, but now I'm leaning towards MUA. Cleared it twice, and it still sounds more fun than this.

Movie games are generally fail. Believe me, I'm not a picky gamer especially when it comes to marvel games. Spider-man 3 is the game you rent, and it might take you awhile to beat and you'll possibly enjoy, but the game has no replay value. None at all. Playing through again with the black suit isn't much inspiration to play it again. But I do love mua gold edition.

Ultimate Hulk43
I rented this game for my PS2 & I enjoyed it. But, I've beaten it twice & I'm working on beating it for my third time. I'll still probably buy this game for my Xbox 360 since I like it a lot. But, the most disappointing thing to me about the PS2 version is that Spider-Man only fights New Goblin once. I enjoyed that fight but I would've like to have had a fist fight with him as Black Spider-Man. The game should've also had more combos & more things to fool around with concerning his webbing. Other than that, this game was great. Also, I have one question: Don't you get to play as the New Goblin in the Xbox 360 version?

Yoshi Fanatic
Yeah, I think so. Why can't Venom be a playable character on Spiderman 3? It would be awesome to play as him...

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I rented this game for my PS2 & I enjoyed it. But, I've beaten it twice & I'm working on beating it for my third time. I'll still probably buy this game for my Xbox 360 since I like it a lot. But, the most disappointing thing to me about the PS2 version is that Spider-Man only fights New Goblin once. I enjoyed that fight but I would've like to have had a fist fight with him as Black Spider-Man. The game should've also had more combos & more things to fool around with concerning his webbing. Other than that, this game was great. Also, I have one question: Don't you get to play as the New Goblin in the Xbox 360 version?
For one fight against giant sandman, but it's over fast, so it's relatively disappointing. On PS3 you can play through the whole game with him though

Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
Yeah, I think so. Why can't Venom be a playable character on Spiderman 3? It would be awesome to play as him...
Beats me, they let us play as crappy old ultimate Venom.

Ultimate Hulk43
I loved playing as Ultimate Venom but anyway, I would've loved to play as the Sandman & be able to transform into Giant Sandman, he kicked ass.

Yoshi Fanatic

Ultimate Hulk43
I feel the same way. In the next Spider-Man game I'd love it if Activision would allow us to play as Venom or New Goblin. Now that, would kickass.

Yoshi Fanatic
Yes, it would.

Ultimate Hulk43
So, who would you like to play as (villain wise)?

Yoshi Fanatic
Venom, of course. He's the best villain in the whole Spiderman franchise.

ESB -1138
in doubt rent,but never buy this game

:reasons

-yet again another boring tutorial,this times longer then ever,you basically start with nothing, and i mean nothing!all you have is a punch punch kick moviment and a jump web moviment,then a web in the face thing,then goes to outside work where you are prompt EVERYTIME with new stuff,like learn to websling, then do some mission and get auto web zip.basically im already with the suit,first met harry,and i only have 2 types of combos i mean,WTF? sm2 had way more things in the game in the beggining.

-controls sucks.the dont respond well,at least for the combat the swing is ok.
-the run on the wall bug,if you run inverted like down you just cant stop till spiderman decides and he goes on and on,also at the beggining i though it was cool,spider has a wall sliding,where he...well slides on the wall if you are too fast,but then he does that everytime instead of actually sticking to it,does the pc version suffer from this too?

-camera sucks its always a trouble as it tries to stay behind you but you look sight of were you are or were the baddie is.

-mission,if there is anything more dull than that i dont know,basically save people,and go to point A to B,smack some thug who aparently dont even put a fight (worst AI ever,if it can be called I,i call AD).

-submission are actually mini games,cos they pop on screen and you have the hability to engage or not,when you engage the game freezes and load this submisson wich is basically the same as the mission stuff A to B,find some stuff,oh and the better,remember they said nothing like saving a girl balloon would be in the game? yah..sure.....i just had a mission quest to deliver...FRUIT PIE! to a lady.....what? spiderman now is free delivery boy?RIDICULOUS! i get the fruit pie is a pun from the old advertisments but comon!and then the game freeze again to leave the mini game

-i just got the suit,and it has better movies then normal spiderman but it is still too slow(i mean the controls response).

i played for 2 1/2 hours,and honestly i feel no desire to proceed,the game is very boring.

on the top note,many complained about the grafics quality being bad,inferior to sm2,well i dont remember sm2 very well only played for a little,but i though the grafics were cool,i specially liked the spiderman 3d model and its animation while swinging and crawling.

so be advised you problably heard its crap,believe it,its true.aparently they had no idea in what to fill this game with.i hope the pc version is better.

The DS version is good but only 3 and 1/2 hours long. Plus it's WAY too easy.

Ultimate Hulk43
Venom, of course. He's the best villain in the whole Spiderman franchise.

I would also enjoy playing as the Sandman, he has a lot of interesting powers.

fanboy 1988
dont worry the pc version is the same from the xbox360...but...it requires a shader model 3 compliant video card,and a monster machine to run properly.

Uh, to the hell with that.

360 for me then stick out tongue

Arachnid1
Ultimate Venom wasn't crappy at all. He was tight. His locomotion jump in Ultimate Spiderman (the game) was the coolest move in the game. He was MUCH better than Spiderman, of course.

No he wasn't. Spiderman proved he was physically superior to Ult. Venom at the end of the game since the game was cannon. Ultimate Venom wasn't that good. The Ultimate him isn't as good as Spiderman in a one on one fight. He made a fun villain to fight but playing him got old. His locomotion jump was cool at first but got real old real fast. He's not fun to play as anymore.

616 Venom is waaaaaaaay better.

Yoshi Fanatic
I know that 616 Venom is better, but Ultimate Venom is still cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.