Top 5 Best Marvel Martial Artists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dangerous
Who's the top 5 most skilled martial artists in Marvel?

don't shiv
Nathan Dayspring vs
Iron Fist vs
Stick/Mantis vs
Shang Chi/Logansan/Taskmaster vs
Captain America/Wade Wilson

Dangerous
Originally posted by don't shiv
Nathan Dayspring vs
Iron Fist vs
Stick/Mantis vs
Shang Chi/Logansan/Taskmaster vs
Captain America/Wade Wilson

I don't really understands that list...?

don't shiv
what I really meant to say was

Cable Shang Chi Squirrel Girl Deadpool Iron Fist

Dangerous
Originally posted by don't shiv
what I really meant to say was

Cable Shang Chi Squirrel Girl Deadpool Iron Fist

Cable is not a martial artist.
Squirrel Girl is an old joke which some still finds funny.
Deadpool is nothing special.
Iron Fist and SHang Chi are martial artists, through

tkitna
Gamora
Mantis
Stick
Iron Fist
Shang Chi

don't shiv
yes s.g. is a joke.

stick or mantis for the fifth slot.

Cable has travelled to the past the future and the end of time and beatdown heavy hitters like Apoc The Skorrn & Gaunt w'o mutant tp tk or guns and ammo. they were evenly matched both had tp tk and techno organic technology]

capt it up
I gunna go on a limb here and your talking around street level guys right?

redhotrash
I gotta give it to Shang Chi, is he technically better than Iron Fist?

MRasheed
Frank Miller wrote him as an equal to Daredevil in an old Powerman & Iron Fist guest appearance...

And I'm positive Shang Chi would smash DD.

llagrok
Shang Chi and Iron Fist would be my guess.

MRasheed
5.) Bullseye
4.) Daredevil
3.) Iron Fist
2.) Cat
1.) Shang Chi

Soljer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/447662_20-ranks-for-mas

redhotrash
The page your link sends me to I think is a bit out of order. To put Wolverine and Captain America above Shang Chi is a bit ridiculous, but having Dr. Strange and Bane over Lady Deathstrike is damn right criminal. In fact a lot of the lower portion is out of hand. Anyhow, I'd rank Karnak a lot higher as well, he has natural abilities that go along with his training. Also I always found Gamora to be over rated when it comes to hand to hand fighting. Shang Chi all the way!

Soljer
Originally posted by MRasheed
5.) Bullseye
4.) Daredevil
3.) Iron Fist
2.) Cat
1.) Shang Chi

The Iron Fist has fought Cat twice. Once, the fight was a stalemate till Danny was distracted by Misty. Cat took note of this and took advantage. In their second encounter, Iron Fist says "I was distracted last time, but this time I'm focused" and continues to stomp the Cat.

Shang Chi and Danny were stalemating in their encounter, and Danny has far better chi control than Shang.

SpunkySmurph
Gamora
Thanos
Champion
Mantis
Moondragon

Roughly.

Soljer
Originally posted by redhotrash
The page your link sends me to I think is a bit out of order. To put Wolverine and Captain America above Shang Chi is a bit ridiculous, but having Dr. Strange and Bane over Lady Deathstrike is damn right criminal. In fact a lot of the lower portion is out of hand. Anyhow, I'd rank Karnak a lot higher as well, he has natural abilities that go along with his training. Also I always found Gamora to be over rated when it comes to hand to hand fighting. Shang Chi all the way!

1. Wolverine's stomped Shang hand to hand.

2. Both Batroc and Zaran claimed that Captain America was an even better fighter than Shang Chi.

3. Not to mention the fact that Marvel agrees with us via the handbooks. erm.

4. What the hell are you talking about? The listing in the Ranks for MAs thread has Captain America, Shang Chi, and Wolverine all in the same 'top tier.' Also, Doc Strange and Bane are both in the tier BELOW Lady Deathstrike....

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Current Hierarchy

Cosmic Tier: (Transcendent Martial Artists)
Champion of the Universe, Gamora, Karate Kid, Mantis, Thanos

Uber Tier: (Unearthly Martial Artists)
Kirigi (DC), Moondragon, O-Sensei, Ogun, Snake-Eyes, Stick

Top Tier: ("Greatest Martial Artists"wink
Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), Batman, Bronze Tiger, Captain America, Connor Hawke, Constantine Drakon, Elektra, Iron Fist, Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Shang Chi, Shen Kuei (The Cat), Taskmaster, Wolverine

Second Tier: (Master Martial Artists)
Agent X, Azrael, Black Canary, Black Panther, Black Widow, Bullseye, Cable, Daken, Daredevil, David Cain, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Donatello, Echo, Eric Killmonger, Gorgon (Tomi Shishido), Green Arrow, Grifter, Karnak, Lady Deathstrike, Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Midnight Sun, Natas, Nick Fury, Nightwing, Prometheus, Puck, Ra's al Ghul, Raphael, Ravager, Red Hood, Red Skull, Silver Samurai, Steel Serpent, Stone, Talia al Ghul, Twelve Brothers in Silk, Wildcat (Ted Grant), Winter Soldier, Wonder Woman, Vandal Savage, X-23

Third Tier: (Highly Skilled Martial Artists)
Ares, Arsenal, Bane, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Black Knight (Dane Whitman), Blade, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Colleen Wing, Damian Wayne, Doctor Mid-Nite, Doctor Strange, Domino, Donna Troy, Hawkeye, Hercules, Huntress, Katana, Kingpin, Lady Vic, Midnighter, Mister America (Tex Thomson), Mister Terrific, Mockingbird, Moon Knight, Night Thrasher, Nightcrawler, Onyx, Psylocke, Punisher, The Question, Revanche, Robin (Tim Drake), Sabretooth, Shadowcat, Shatterstar, Shrike IV (Boone), Speedy (Mia Dearden), Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Stacy X, Terry McGinnis, Thor, US Agent, V, Wild Child, Wong

Fourth Tier: (Trained Martial Artists)
Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), Batwoman, Black Cat, Blink, Blue Devil, Boom Boom, Cannonball, Carol Danvers, Catwoman, Colossus, Cyclops, Falcon, Gambit, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Iron-Man, Jamie Madrox, Jubilee, Misty Knight, Mystique, She-Hulk, Starfire, Storm, Superman, Tarantula, Thing, Zauriel

Accomplished Fighter: (Little formal training/Some Skill)
Apocalypse, Beast, Grace Choi, Hulk, Invisible Woman, Luke Cage, Monet St. Croix, Spider-Man, Strong Guy

Symmetric Chaos
SquirrelGirl (dont know what the hate is about erm her average skill puts her at the top)
Gamora
Moondragon
Mantis
ShangShi

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
SquirrelGirl (dont know what the hate is about erm her average skill puts her at the top)
Gamora
Moondragon
Mantis
ShangShi 1. It's Shang Chi, not Shang Shi
2. There are better people then him for fifth.
3. Mantis > Moondragon

smile

Soljer
Gamora
Moondragon
Mantis
ShangShi

*Shang Chi.

And Stick is more skilled than he. And Thanos is more skilled than Stick.

Symmetric Chaos
srug I'm a terrible judge of skill.

MRasheed
EARTH:

5.) Bullseye
4.) Daredevil
3.) Iron Fist
2.) Cat
1.) Shang Chi

UNIVERSE:

5.) Gamora
4.) Iron Fist
3.) Shang Chi
2.) Thanos
1.) Champion

redhotrash
Wolverine also has unbreakable bones and a healing factor, so those dont really qualify for hand to hand skills.
For Captain America to be considered better than Shang is silly to me. Shang has dedicated his life to a single means.
As for that list, yeah I was looking at the page directly linked. Even on that updated one, Jubilee over Beast? Yeah ok...
As for Marvel's handbooks.... when they can go 1 month without retconning a major piece of their own history, I'll take their word on something trivial like this.

Symmetric Chaos

UNIVERSE:

5.) Gamora
4.) Iron Fist
3.) Shang Chi
2.) Thanos
1.) Champion

. . . um . . . what?

Soljer
Gamora is much more skilled than Danny or Shang.

And Danny's more skilled than the Cat. He's Shang's equal as far as skill goes.

There are also more skilled people on Marvel Earth than the ones you named. Including Captain America, Wolverine, Stick, and Ogun.

Soljer
Wolverine also has unbreakable bones and a healing factor, so those dont really qualify for hand to hand skills.
For Captain America to be considered better than Shang is silly to me. Shang has dedicated his life to a single means.
As for that list, yeah I was looking at the page directly linked. Even on that updated one, Jubilee over Beast? Yeah ok...
As for Marvel's handbooks.... when they can go 1 month without retconning a major piece of their own history, I'll take their word on something trivial like this.

Uhhh....Captain America's been 'top tier' as far as skill goes in the Handbooks since day 1. Shang and his ilk have ALWAYS been below him. How's that for consistency? erm.

As far as Logan's and Shang's encounter goes, Logan didn't rely on his healing factor, bones, or claws. He used martial prowess in that particular meeting.

Captain America and Wolverine are both Shang's superior. Whether you like it or not, whether it makes sense to you or not, that's the way Marvel's written it, so that's the way it is. no expression.

SpunkySmurph
I can't figure out whether it's red hot rash, or red ho trash... hmm

redhotrash
Because Batroc, a FRENCH kickboxer, says so. Wolvering got humiliated in hand to hand by Deadpool, who wasnt even taking him seriously at the time. Also, how do you NOT use a healing ability and unbreakable bones?

Soljer
Because Batroc, a FRENCH kickboxer, says so. Wolvering got humiliated in hand to hand by Deadpool, who wasnt even taking him seriously at the time. Also, how do you NOT use a healing ability and unbreakable bones?

By not getting hit to activate it?

As far as Batroc goes - he's a fairly good hand to hand combatant, and a fine judge of skill. Not to mention that Zaran said the same thing, AND that Captain America straight up told Iron Fist (Shang's equal) that he just wasn't good enough in a fight.

Wolverine didn't get humiliated by Deadpool. Don't even try it - I'm a huge Deadpool fan, and, yeah, Deadpool's got the numbers over Wolverine, but every one of his wins have been via plot device.

Innerhype
Temugin and The Mandarin both need to be added

Both use chi to preform martial arts at ridiculously superhuman levels. Both happen to give Iron Man a pretty bad beating in the past, and at the moment I see no one in "Top Tier" doing that. They may need to go in "Uber Tier" or "Cosmic Tier"

Soljer
Originally posted by Innerhype
Temugin and The Mandarin both need to be added

Both use chi to preform martial arts at ridiculously superhuman levels. Both happen to give Iron Man a pretty bad beating in the past, and at the moment I see no one in "Top Tier" doing that. They may need to go in "Uber Tier" or "Cosmic Tier"

Very good point. It will be discussed.

MRasheed
EARTH:

5.) Daredevil
4.) Stick
3.) Mandarin
2.) Cat
1.) Shang Chi

UNIVERSE:

5.) Cat
4.) Gamora
3.) Shang Chi
2.) Thanos
1.) Champion

srankmissingnin
Living earth based Martial artists (1-3 are inter changeable)

1. Captain America
2. Wolverine
3. Elektra
4. Shang Chi
5. Cat

There are also people like Moving Shadow, Gorgon and Mr. X... but I ignored them.

These people better then anyone on that list in no order.

Stick (Ghost)
Ogun (Ghost)
Drake (Dead)
Karnak
Mantis
Champion
Thanos (Dead)
Shingen (Dead)
Gamora

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Karnak

Karnak actually has limited skill. It's his powers that let him do so much damage.

Soljer
Living earth based Martial artists (1-3 are inter changeable)

1. Captain America
2. Wolverine
3. Elektra
4. Shang Chi
5. Cat

miffed.

Iron Fist > Cat.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Soljer
miffed.

Iron Fist > Cat.

Shang Chi >= Cat
Shang Chi > Iron Fist
Cat > Iron Fist

Dare Devil > Iron Fist evil face

don't shiv
cable

Gamora

Mantis

shang chi

champion

Knocking on the door: Iron Fist Squirrel Girl Stick Dead Man Wade Cat

Hercules
Karnak actually has limited skill. It's his powers that let him do so much damage.

Karnak is pretty skilled, hes just slow!

redhotrash
Hmm, so Shang Chi couldnt hit Wolverine, but stock ninjas can hit Wolverine? Tell me again what the plot device?

Soljer
Grammar. Learn it, live it, love it.

Anyways; Wolverine takes hits from 'stock ninjas' and takes bullets from 'badguy 011303678" because he has a healing factor, and knows he can. Same reason Deadpool does it, even though if he really wanted to, he wouldn't - as evidenced by other showings. doped.

ThePittman
Anybody that has Taskmaster on their list and not Deadpool above him is crazy laughing

capt it up

Alfheim
Shang Chi villains have stated that Cap is better than Shang Chi. They are probably a good judge...they also crapped their pants and ran.

Dangerous
Is Iron Fist and Shang-Chi not even in skill?

What i have gained the impression on so far...

1: Captain America
2: Wolverine
3: Shang-Chi
4: Iron Fist
5: Stick

?

capt it up
Originally posted by Dangerous
Is Iron Fist and Shang-Chi not even in skill?

What i have gained the impression on so far...

1: Captain America
2: Wolverine
3: Shang-Chi
4: Iron Fist
5: Stick

?
wolverine and capt are equals in skill and stick.........is above both of them as is Ogun.............

MRasheed
Originally posted by capt it up
Wolverine defeats Shan-chi in h2h combat rather easily showing Logan as the superior martial artist. It only takes Logan 5 panels to accomplish this.

And that makes sense to you? Logan doesn't even believe in defensive maneuvers when he fights; he relies heavily on his powers for that. Him 'easily' defeating the greatest living master of Kung Fu in close combat is a pathetic PIS joke. He got his arse handed to him by his ex-fiance's dad in melee combat. Am I realistically supposed to believe that that guy could've taken Shang Chi???

Dangerous
Who is then better, Stick or Ogun?

capt it up
Who is then better, Stick or Ogun?
there equals.

Dangerous
And that makes sense to you? Logan doesn't even believe in defensive maneuvers when he fights; he relies heavily on his powers for that. Him 'easily' defeating the greatest living master of Kung Fu in close combat is a pathetic PIS joke. He got his arse handed to him by his ex-fiance's dad in melee combat. Am I realistically supposed to believe that that guy could've taken Shang Chi???

Cap and Wolverine is generally seen as even in skill, and SHang-Chis foes said Cap is better than Shang-Chi. 2 times evidencewink Even through it just seems wrong that a guy in gi is outskilled by herotype guys...

Dangerous
there equals.

Has there ever been evidence of this?

And are they the two most skilled martial artists in all of marvel?

Dangerous
Isnt SHang Chi and Iron Fist completely even in skill?

capt it up
so becuase logan has powers he not a good fighter?

the dudes experience makes shang-chi look like a joke. His experience is so many times more shang-chi and so is his training it not even funny.

are you an idiot...........his fiance dad was the greatest swordsmen of his time.........he was a peakhuman.......and logan was poisoned...........and could barly stand. Get your facts straight before you talk garbage.

Logan has beaten DD in h2h as well. He beat shang-chi in h2h. He beat a guy who kicked the shit out of IF. He beat a girl telepath who had 10 times human in every area who was trianed to kill him........he took on stick and was winning..........He trained black widow......he trained kitty.......he teaches combat to the other x-men thats one fo the reason almsot every x-men member is an accomplised combatant.

you know absolutly nothing about wolverine or you would not ahve made such a retarded comment.

Alfheim
Originally posted by ThePittman
Anybody that has Taskmaster on their list and not Deadpool above him is crazy laughing

Beating Taskmaster in handcuffs is PIS.

MRasheed
Cap and Wolverine is generally seen as even in skill, and SHang-Chis foes said Cap is better than Shang-Chi. 2 times evidencewink

The evidence actually shows the Marvel Universe continuity and character integrity coming apart at the seams through repeated PIS offenses.

I predict a 'Marvel Crisis of Infinite Earths' type storyline will be needed to fix nonsense like this...

capt it up

And are they the two most skilled martial artists in all of marvel?
there known as the two greatets it common knowledge...........stick can ebat the shit out of DD and elektra at once on pure skill alone......Ogun has beaten the best swordsmen in the world and is considered the best sword fighter and h2h fighter to have ever live........both stick and Ogun have been stated as superior in skill to there pupils..........both are over 1000 years old..........

Dangerous
The evidence actually shows the Marvel Universe continuity and character integrity coming apart at the seams through repeated PIS offenses.

I predict a 'Marvel Crisis of Infinite Earths' type storyline will be needed to fix nonsense like this...

I don't really understand... Does the handbook states Shang-Chi above or beneath Wolverine??

Dangerous
there known as the two greatets it common knowledge...........stick can ebat the shit out of DD and elektra at once on pure skill alone......Ogun has beaten the best swordsmen in the world and is considered the best sword fighter and h2h fighter to have ever live........both stick and Ogun have been stated as superior in skill to there pupils..........both are over 1000 years old..........

Ok, thenwink Sounds rightbig grin

capt it up
I don't really understand... Does the handbook states Shang-Chi above or beneath Wolverine??
always udner wolevrine

Logan always listed as maxed on in fighting skill.......shang-chii is not

MRasheed
so becuase logan has powers he not a good fighter?

Because he ignores basic defense in his fighting style it is an obvious weakness in battle with another skilled fighter.

Logan's fight experience for most of his long life has been as a wildman brawler.

Watch the name calling and immaturity. Wolverine isn't your father that you have to defend his honor or anything. That is uncalled for.

Shang Chi is the greatest master of Kung Fu. Mariko's dad was the greatest swordsman. But Logan defeated one easily and had trouble with the other (I'll ignore the poison since his healing factor should've obviously made that a non-issue). If you can't see the pathetically obvious PIS inconsistencies here then you are what your immature namecalling directed at me. Your hero worship is blinding you to the flaws in story/character skill consistency.

I know that Wolverine is a good H2H combatant capable of training others. I also know that it's his indestructible claws and ferocity that gives him his edge in battle not his martial skills as his first appearance battle with Hulk and Wendigo showed. Any nonsense showing him easily defeating super martial artists in their own game is PIS crap fed by his 1990s super popularity and fanboy hero worship.

Dangerous
Now, when we have settled that Wolverine is above Shang Chi, would someone mind to tell me who is more skilled, SHang-Chi or Iron Fist?

Dangerous
Now, when we have settled that Wolverine is above Shang Chi, would someone mind to tell me who is more skilled, SHang-Chi or Iron Fist?

Dangerous
*bump*

sorry, but need an answerwink

Alfheim
I dont think there is any proof that you could reliably use.

Dangerous
So, they can be counted as evenly skilled, like Stick and Ogun?

srankmissingnin
Shang is more skilled than Iron Fist.

Dangerous
Shang is more skilled than Iron Fist.
Is that ever proven?

jrodslam
stick can ebat the shit out of DD and elektra at once on pure skill alone......

I highly doubt Stick can do that. They both have high respect for their former master, but if in an all out fight, Stick isnt beathing them both. Possibly not even 1.

jrodslam
Marvel Earth. In no order.

Iron Fist
Daredevil
Shang Chi
Wolverine
Elektra
Captain America

Soljer
Iron Fist and Shang Chi are equals in skill - Danny has superior knowledge of Chi, however (and by Chi, I mean 'life force,' not Shang stick out tongue).

In a fight, Iron Fist'd take the majority, but as far as pure SKILL goes, they're on an even playing field.

As are Stick and Ogun.

As are Captain America and Wolverine.

SpunkySmurph

And are they the two most skilled martial artists in all of marvel? Stick and Ogun are good...

Gamora, Mantis, Moondragon, Thanos, and Champion are all as good or better.

carver9
It has been proven and stated by marvel that captain america and wolverine are the superior fighters in marvel universe. The only thing we need now is who is below them.

I dont know why you all are arguing with the people that dont know nothing of wolverine. It is stated in his handbook that he knows every martial art on the planet that ever existed and that he is the one of the greatest fighter on the planet.

If marvel said it then its law. I think that daredevil is above shang chi.

carver9
For the people that dont believe that wolverine is one of the best martial artist on the planet and one of the greatest than read.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/James_Howlett

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Alfheim
Beating Taskmaster in handcuffs is PIS.

Nope. stick out tongue That was only the 2nd time he beat him. Wade Wilson just is that ****ing good. cool

Alfheim
Originally posted by carver9
For the people that dont believe that wolverine is one of the best martial artist on the planet and one of the greatest than read.

Yeah yeah yeah just cos its says so in the bio dont make it so. They say the samething about MK...yeah it would seem though That Wolverine is one of the best...but not because of his bio.

MRasheed
I dont know why you all are arguing with the people that dont know nothing of wolverine. It is stated in his handbook that he knows every martial art on the planet that ever existed and that he is the one of the greatest fighter on the planet.

yeah. too bad he never showed any of this in any of his early appearances/x-men run. he became a cosmic super-ninja on the heels of his super-popularity once frank miller and tmnt made martial arts in comics cool...

jrodslam
QFT in the last 2 posts.

Daredevil1
Bad day for Shang probably...PIS/joke not really. Unlike Shang, Logan is a enhanced mutant with more durable bones even with bone claw Logan.

Plus I don't doubt that Shang is more skilled then Wolverine, but Logan isn't to bad either when he's focusing/concentrating and plus the added stats. Well Yeah I can see Shang doing usually better then that fight. But I can also see Logan doing that to Shang in one out of 10 fights.

MRasheed
So you're saying that the traditional berserker/wildman character is better at focusing/concentrating than the greatest living master of Kung Fu who's been meditating since he was a zygote?

Didn't frank miller establish that the very reason that logan started studying martial arts in the first place was so that he could learn how to control his crazy berserker issues? He got the idea from an old Incredible Hulk TV show episode. 1 out of 10 fights my butt. Logan is exactly the type of fighter that Shang Chi should never have a problem with: the wildman brawler who fights emotionally.

Wolverine defeating Shang Chi in close combat is no different than him defeating Lobo: Popularity contest/ PIS hogwash.

tkitna
It has been proven and stated by marvel that captain america and wolverine are the superior fighters in marvel universe. The only thing we need now is who is below them.

If marvel said it then its law. I think that daredevil is above shang chi.

I skipped through the thread a little, but are you saying Wolverine is as good as Gamora (because he isnt even close) or are you speaking about 'on earth' heros?

Daredevil1
You need to put there IMO. Comparing Lobo to Shang is about as irrelevant as it gets.

MRasheed
Originally posted by Daredevil1
You need to put there IMO. Comparing Lobo to Shang is about as irrelevant as it gets.

"IMO" went without saying. What else was I going to give? Your opinion? My opinon is the only one I have to give. But in this case, my opinion on the Lobo fight happened to be the factual one.

And the Lobo crossover was VERY relevant. Wolverine defeating either of them in their own game is PIS.

don't shiv
Factoring out Powers, hormones/herbs/serums/implants etc & Focusing on Pure skill

Wolverine and Cap IMO rank amongst the top 50 characters in the present day Marvel multi-verse in martial arts skill. alongside T'Challa Elektra Taskmaster Mr X Shatterstar Agent X Deathbird etcetera etcetera

IMO the Top Ten in Skill alive in Present day Marvel are

in no particular order:
Stick
Thanos
Shang Chi
Gamora
Mantis
Askani'son
Mandarin
Champion

MRasheed
I can deal with that. That's the best list so far.

MRasheed
IMO. wink

don't shiv
Iron Fist, Deathbird & Temugin are Contenders.

MRasheed
Hawkeye beat up Deathbird with one arm incapacitated. He kept kissing her when she got too close making her furious and she still couldn't do anything about it.

But I guess since then she must have taken the same Cosmic Super-Ninja 101 night classes that Logan took, huh?

don't shiv
scrubb Deathbird

Face
Psylocke

carver9
My list:

This is on earth:
Wolverine
Captain America
Mr.x
Gorgon
Elektra

Best period (on earth):
Stick
Ogun

Who should be the best in the universe but dont use his skills (champion)

I know you all hate the fact that wolverine is listed as one of the best fighters on marvel earth next to captain america but he is. Wolverine has learned every martial arts on the planet, can the same be said for the kung fu master shang chi, no. What shang chi has learned wolverine has learned that plus interest.

Mrx has learned what shang chi knows plus interest. Dont hate on the fact that wolverine is the top martial artist on the planet. It is stated throughout marvel. It has always been like that and it will always be like that.

Shang chi skill wise isnt even close to wolverine. Dont dispute this with us, dispute it with marvel. Read all of wolverine bios. It will specifically tell you that he is the best martial artist or he is one of the best martial artist on the planet. It was also stated when mrx was looking for wolverine, mrx himself stated that he has heard of every martial artist on the planet and wolverine was quoted as being the best.

Im not fussing that shang chi isnt great, because he is but I think that daredevil is a better fighter than him. I think even deadpool is better. Deal with it. I have never heard anything from marvel even stating that he close to being the best. He dont need to be on the list because there are more that you can put above him.

Daredevil1
Lobo agreed since nobody cares for it since it was voting.

Shang in your opinion so be it. wink

Trolt
i'm just reading his "abilities" part and nowhere it mentions that he is one of the best.

Am I missing something ?

Jebus reborn
http://www.marveldatabase.com/James_Howlett 70tVrSGfvDY

Dreampanther
I'm reading Secret Avengers (2010) wherein the Green Mist/Prince of Orphans appears and since I never heard of him, I looked him up. He seems pretty bad-ass - so my question is, why doesn't he appear on any lists? I've put Immortal Iron Fist next on my To-Be-Read pile to find out more about him, since apparently he features quite a lot in there.

Came looking here on KMC and found this old thread, so I thought we could update it a bit.

Found a couple of sites with fairly recent (2016) lists of Marvel's top martial artists. Any thoughts? Any list you agree with here?

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-best-martial-artists-fighters/?view=all

1. SHANG CHI
2. IRON FIST
3. CAPTAIN AMERICA (STEVE ROGERS)
4. TASKMASTER
5. KARNAK
6. THE CAT
7. WOLVERINE
8. ELEKTRA
9. BLACK PANTHER
10. GAMORA
11. BATROC
12. X-23
13. MOON KNIGHT
14. ECHO
15. HAWKEYE

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel_comics/top-12-best-hand-to-hand-fighters-in-marvel-revised-a132493

1. Iron Fist
2. Shang Chi
3. Taskmaster
4. Wolverine
5. Black Panther
6. Captain America
7. Stick
8. Daredevil
9. Elektra
10. Black Widow
11. Moon Knight
12. Silver Sable

http://www.toylabs.us/2016/12/top-10-fighters-in-marvel-universe.html

(This list confuses me, because the author claims to exclude people with superpowers, like Deadpool and Daredevil - but then he includes Wolverine!)

1) Shang-Chi
2) Iron Fist
3) Fat Cobra
4) Moon Dragon
5) Black Panther (T'Challa)
6) Steel Serpent (Davos)
7) Hawkeye
8) Ghost Maker
9) Bullseye
10) Wolverine

h1a8
It's very difficult to consider characters with superhuman stats because we do not know to what extent their powers contribute to winning a h2h fight against a human. Imo, it would contribute too much (durability, speed, reflexes, strength, etc.). That's why I won't consider them.

It's clear that Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, and Taskmaster should be in the top 5.
Its debatable which other two would join them.

Supermutant
Ranking by skill these are the top 5 on Earth

Ironfist
Shang Chi
Daredevil
Black Panther
Cap

of course not counting senseis and rarely appearing masters who normally just trained others

h1a8
Originally posted by Supermutant
Ranking by skill these are the top 5 on Earth

Ironfist
Shang Chi
Daredevil
Black Panther
Cap

of course not counting senseis and rarely appearing masters who normally just trained others Daredevil doesn't count because of his radar sense. BP and Cap are artificially enhanced. I would put Taskmaster in the top 5 because he's mastered Cap's style (and many others) and even hung with him without being artificially enhanced.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
Daredevil doesn't count because of his radar sense. BP and Cap are artificially enhanced. lol?

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
lol? Take away the radar sense and he would be LESS effective. Unless you disagree?

psycho gundam
Discounting a character cause they have powers takes nothing away from their martial arts skills. It's not logical and not in the rules the thread starter confined the criteria to, unless you have the ability travel back to 2007, but then time travel powers discount you from this thread

golem370
Wouldn't Ganymede rank up there and Midnight Sun?

Supermutant
Daredevil doesn't count because of his radar sense. BP and Cap are artificially enhanced. I would put Taskmaster in the top 5 because he's mastered Cap's style (and many others) and even hung with him without being artificially enhanced.

Taskmaster has skills but he's not as consistent as Cap and BP. Cap has beaten Crossbones in h2h w/o the Super Soldier Serum. IIRC unenhanced BP one-shotted Taskmaster as well. Tasky has some nice feats though he is over all the place in terms of skill. One minute he's able to defeat Asgardians and simultaneously take down Yellow Jacket, Stature, and Ant-Man. Then next, he is getting chumped by Mr. X and treated like fodder against Elektra in the rematch.

Besides, I don't see any difference between radar sense and the natural ability to read and copy another's move for this thread purpose. BP and Cap both have won a lot of battles b/c of skill and not powers.

TethAdamTheRock
Where is silver samurai in all of this?

h1a8
Taskmaster has skills but he's not as consistent as Cap and BP. Cap has beaten Crossbones in h2h w/o the Super Soldier Serum. IIRC unenhanced BP one-shotted Taskmaster as well. Tasky has some nice feats though he is over all the place in terms of skill. One minute he's able to defeat Asgardians and simultaneously take down Yellow Jacket, Stature, and Ant-Man. Then next, he is getting chumped by Mr. X and treated like fodder against Elektra in the rematch.

Besides, I don't see any difference between radar sense and the natural ability to read and copy another's move for this thread purpose. BP and Cap both have won a lot of battles b/c of skill and not powers.

He's mastered the fighting styles of Cap, Spidey, Shang-Chi, Iron fist, etc.
He held his own against Cap and Iron Man.
Sometimes people state things out of context.
Please show scans of unenhanced BP one-shotting him, being treated as fodder against Elektra (he mastered her style). Mr. X can't be beat by a human MA because of his powers. So that's not a bad showing.

The radar sense gives DD a lead before something happens, like the SS. He can sense nerve impulses and know exactly when you are going to throw a punch, shot a gun, etc. He uses this ability to block bullets, etc. Without it, he wouldn't have a head start on an attack and thus will be less effective.

Supermutant
He's mastered the fighting styles of Cap, Spidey, Shang-Chi, Iron fist, etc.

He hasn't mastered those styles, he is able to copy them however. Being able to copy moves doesn't mean he automatically knows the best times to use them.

He held his own against Cap and Iron Man.

Also lost to both individually as well. Goes back to not being consistent.

Sometimes people state things out of context.

Sometime people ignore comics that don't agree with their position.

Please show scans of unenhanced BP one-shotting him, being treated as fodder against Elektra (he mastered her style). Mr. X can't be beat by a human MA because of his powers. So that's not a bad showing.

Just do a google search but here anyway:

Elektra
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/9055/1283641-elektra_taskmaster.jpg

BP
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2652603-black_panther_1_shots_taskmaster.jpg

Mr X made Tasky turn tail and run away. And Mr X has lost to Iron Fist in one hit so he isn't unbeatable either lol.

The radar sense gives DD a lead before something happens, like the SS. He can sense nerve impulses and know exactly when you are going to throw a punch, shot a gun, etc. He uses this ability to block bullets, etc. Without it, he wouldn't have a head start on an attack and thus will be less effective.

I think most everyone knows what DD's radar sense does for him. He was still a very skilled fighter after he lost it. The point is Tasky's photographic reflexes are a "power" or "enhancement" that allows him the ability to copy other's skills.

golem370
I think Ganymede & Midnight Sun are up there and Adam Warlock

Dreampanther
So, nobody has any opinion about Prince of Orphans/Green Mist? I know he uses the teleport power but his bio talks about "his abilities rivaling and in fact surpassing those of the other Immortal Weapons", including Iron Fist and Fat Cobra.

I guess I'll just have to read about him myself in Immortal Iron Fist.

As for Taskmaster - I have my doubts about him. As Supermutant said, he's not consistent enough. When he thought he had Deadpool figured out, DP went nuts and kicked his butt all over the place. And DP himself was in so much awe of The Cat when he met him that it was like watching a young boy meet his idol.

So in terms of pure skill, there's an argument to be made for:

The Cat > Deadpool > Taskmaster

I also agree that we can't exclude Cap, BP, DD and Wolverine. The fact that they have enhanced abilities does not disqualify them from being among Marvel's top skilled martial artists.

Dreampanther
Not sure if Warren Ellis was just kidding around when he stated this or if he really thinks Shang Chi is Marvel's greatest martial artist. But that's at least one piece of evidence for making a case that Shang Chi really might be #1.

http://i.imgur.com/dkb8Bp0.jpg

h1a8
He hasn't mastered those styles, he is able to copy them however. Being able to copy moves doesn't mean he automatically knows the best times to use them.

Also lost to both individually as well. Goes back to not being consistent.

Sometime people ignore comics that don't agree with their position.

Just do a google search but here anyway:

Elektra
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/9055/1283641-elektra_taskmaster.jpg

BP
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2652603-black_panther_1_shots_taskmaster.jpg

Mr X made Tasky turn tail and run away. And Mr X has lost to Iron Fist in one hit so he isn't unbeatable either lol.

I think most everyone knows what DD's radar sense does for him. He was still a very skilled fighter after he lost it. The point is Tasky's photographic reflexes are a "power" or "enhancement" that allows him the ability to copy other's skills.

You are not posting the whole fights. You are just showing him getting hit one time. Then you exaggerate and say Electra treaded him as fodder.
Every MA in marvel has been hit by another MA.

Ironfist beating Mr. X under normal circumstances is PIS due to how Mr. X powers work. Mr. X should beat any street leveler in just h2h. He can simply read their mind. This is how he schooled Logan like fodder. Logan is not fodder to Iron Fist.

Cap is far stronger and more durable than TM. If TM can hang with Cap for a while then it simply proves that his skill is equal or better (even if he eventually loses).

I'm aware that TM is enhanced to copy styles. But he's not physically enhanced (like strength, durability, etc) right?
The worst fighter in the world with Superman's powers can beat any human MA in h2h. Being physically enhanced takes away from the amount of skill needed to beat someone.

Supermutant
You are not posting the whole fights. You are just showing him getting hit one time. Then you exaggerate and say Electra treaded him as fodder.
Every MA in marvel has been hit by another MA.

lol this is the whole fight, she beat him in one panel like fodder just like I stated early. But since you want to see him unconscious with a bloody nose.

https://s6d6.turboimg.net/t1/34361894_elektravstasky.jpg https://s6d6.turboimg.net/t1/34361896_elektravstasky2.jpg

So is that good enough for you? The narration even states, "The Task-Master passes out. Just another beat- up super-villain."

The same against Black Panther in one shot.
https://s6d6.turboimg.net/t1/34362153_bpvstasky1shot.jpg

Taskmaster is koed and not seen again in the comic.

Ironfist beating Mr. X under normal circumstances is PIS due to how Mr. X powers work. Mr. X should beat any street leveler in just h2h. He can simply read their mind. This is how he schooled Logan like fodder. Logan is not fodder to Iron Fist.

And Wolverine beat him in the rematch. Mr X has been stalemated by Nuke and one shotted by Luke Cage. His low level tp isn't that much too overcome for elite mmaers.

Cap is far stronger and more durable than TM. If TM can hang with Cap for a while then it simply proves that his skill is equal or better (even if he eventually loses).

Tasky's gear also is a big reason why he can hang with top tier fighters. He can give them good fights, but is below them b/c he consistently loses to them. Sometimes its a really great battle, other times he gets embarrassed.

I'm aware that TM is enhanced to copy styles. But he's not physically enhanced (like strength, durability, etc) right?
The worst fighter in the world with Superman's powers can beat any human MA in h2h. Being physically enhanced takes away from the amount of skill needed to beat someone.

DD's radar sense doesn't enhance his durability either, and shouldn't enhance his lifting strength. Plus Tasky is a coward and really doesn't stick around to the end. At the first sight of losing he typically runs away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.