The Immortal Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Go. Buy it. Now.

Seriously. no expression.

This run has some great art, fight scenes, plot, and even a bit of humor. It's one of the best written I've read in quite a while, and I'm distressed that it may not last long considering that Danny isn't exactly Marvel's most popular child.

So....

Go buy it. You won't regret it.

As for anyone who DOES read it; am I the only one who found the whole elevator thing hilarious?

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
Go. Buy it. Now.

This run has some great art, fight scenes, plot, and even a bit of humor. It's one of the best written I've read in quite a while, and I'm distressed that it may not last long considering that Danny isn't exactly Marvel's most popular child.

So....

As for anyone who DOES read it; am I the only one who found the whole elevator thing hilarious?
I love Iron Fist it a shame I don't have enough money to buy him all the time.

I buy all the x-men runs, all wolverine runs, all avenegers runs, all spiderman runs, all forgotten realms companion runs, ninja turtle runs and punisher runs
That leaves me with little money for any thing else i am afraid

grey fox
Originally posted by capt it up

I buy all the x-men runs, all wolverine runs, all avenegers runs, all spiderman runs, all forgotten realms companion runs, ninja turtle runs and punisher runs

Drop Spiderman and Mighty avengers. I can give you a link to a 'place' where you'll be able to 'obtain' them.

Dangerous

marvelprince
Originally posted by grey fox
Drop Spiderman and Mighty avengers. I can give you a link to a 'place' where you'll be able to 'obtain' them.

No! Must...support...the industry.

Eh, Iron Fist could use the readers I guess though it isn't in any jeopardy of that right now. All of the issues so far have sold out.

marvelprince

One of my fav comics currently. I've got his original run and some appearances here and there but I'm loving this take on the character. I'm a bit iffy about the "legacy" angle they are trying to take. Sort of takes away from Danny's uniqueness a bit imo. Can't argue that its got amazing writing and art though.

I LOVED the elevator scene. One of the funniest things I've seen a book recently.

Endless Mike
What was this elevator scene?

The Pict
I might pick it up this week, if it's really as good as you say. Never read any Iron Fist before.

Disappear
i actually think the "legacy" angle is a great take on the iron fist. the best part being that brubaker and fraction are expanding on the iron fist's history and basic concept without actually retconning anything. they are adding to the history, so they're adding "retroactively" to "continuity," but not in the sense that anything's changing.

if danny ever reads through that whole book, it'll definitely factor into his status as one of marvel's best fighters.

CasanoVa
This is my favourite book out right now.

Brubaker and Fraction are working wonders, taking the character down a new and very interesting path (that IMO should and could have been explored a very long time ago).

Aja's artwork is awesome, the fight scenes are intense and dynamic and the slow-motion kick in this issue was classic. The elevator scene was pretty funny too.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Disappear
i actually think the "legacy" angle is a great take on the iron fist. the best part being that brubaker and fraction are expanding on the iron fist's history and basic concept without actually retconning anything. they are adding to the history, so they're adding "retroactively" to "continuity," but not in the sense that anything's changing.

if danny ever reads through that whole book, it'll definitely factor into his status as one of marvel's best fighters.

Don't get me wrong, I likehow its being done so I can't complain but one of the draws of the Iron Fist for me is that he was unique. Its very minor though and the team is already changing my mind about that.

Soljer

If he read through the entire book, I think that would solidify his status as Marvel's numero uno.

I mean, as it is, he's pretty high on the list, and he said some of the secrets in that book he could barely get his mind around. It was, more or less, a culmination of the skill of EVERY Iron Fist who ever lived. Incredible. no expression.

Also - about the slow motion kick, I loved the other goons watching their buddy get kicked through a train. You could just imagine them going "Oh hell no. **** this shit." laughing

Disappear
he got the hypnosis fist down in maybe half an hour. can't wait to see danny whipping out some lightning from god.

CasanoVa
An Iron Fist movie must be made, based on this arc preferably.

Orson Randall = Bruce Willis

Daniel Rand = Paul Walker? hmm

masterbruce
Originally posted by CasanoVa
An Iron Fist movie must be made, based on this arc preferably.

Orson Randall = Bruce Willis

Daniel Rand = Paul Walker? hmm

Paul Walker? Is Iron Fist a dimwitted Californian Surfer in the new run? cuz that's about the range Paul's capable of. The man makes Keanu Reeves look like a Shakespearean thespian.

LORDSIDIOUS01
The Immortal Iron Fist comic book is a fascinating read.

Disappear
i heard rumor of ray park being cast as iron fist in an as yet unscripted, unconfirmed movie.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by masterbruce
Paul Walker? Is Iron Fist a dimwitted Californian Surfer in the new run? cuz that's about the range Paul's capable of. The man makes Keanu Reeves look like a Shakespearean thespian.

Well, he was the only blond actor I could think of off the top of my head, I didn't want to say Brad Pitt; 'cause he sucks even more.

Ray Park, never seen him actually act

Grimm22
My shop is holding most of the issues for me, but i'm holding off on buying them for now, until I can track down a copy of #2 online erm

But, I read the first issue and if was f*cking awesome yes

It's Iron Fist written how he should be, unlike in NA, where he is basically just a background character, who Bendis doesn't ever use because he would rather have Luke Cage try to act like he can actually lead a team

NiņoAraņa
i got the first 3.....where's it up to now? 5 i think? i need money...

guy222
Go. Buy it. Now.

So....

I did smile

marvelprince
Originally posted by Grimm22
My shop is holding most of the issues for me, but i'm holding off on buying them for now, until I can track down a copy of #2 online erm

But, I read the first issue and if was f*cking awesome yes

It's Iron Fist written how he should be, unlike in NA, where he is basically just a background character, who Bendis doesn't ever use because he would rather have Luke Cage try to act like he can actually lead a team

You mean not using him like not showing how he's a public figure and still a hero? Or by not showing him as the only hero (other than Luke) out in public? Or by not having him be the one to present the Echo problem to the team?

Come on, Danny has his own series so he doesn't need to be front and center like some of the other characters. Danny has had more face time than even Jessica Drew who everyone knows is a favorite of his. If your going to hate then at least have it make some sense.

Disappear
danny is the most polite superhero ever. you don't hear about matt murdock buying up real estate so he can't get in trouble for running across it. he just goes wherever he wants, with no regard for whose roof he might be stepping on.

what an ass.

marvelprince
danny is the most polite superhero ever. you don't hear about matt murdock buying up real estate so he can't get in trouble for running across it. he just goes wherever he wants, with no regard for whose roof he might be stepping on.

what an ass.

laughing out loud

jrodslam
Wow.

Matt may be able to buy a few buildings, but none on trhe level of Rand. Danny is much much wealthier than Matt. Much more. Also, like Rand says, he has to run cause he doesnt fly. He doesnt swing via grappling hook like Daredevil either.

Im reading the series and like it as well. I always thought Danny was the last of his kind. How many more Iron Fists are there?

Another thing i like is the fact that Danny is the new White Tigers uncle while Matt is sorta her trainer/mentor. Im just waiting for the issue where the 3 team-up and kick some ass.

Disappear
i'm just waiting for the issue where the three team-up and tap tha...

what?

Scoobless
What's so funny about this?

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2603/33645032hc4.th.jpg

The elevator scene in Spider-Man 2 was much funnier.

Disappear
that's exactly how awkwardly people act in elevators. i got a chuckle out of it.

Grimm22
Originally posted by marvelprince
You mean not using him like not showing how he's a public figure and still a hero? Or by not showing him as the only hero (other than Luke) out in public? Or by not having him be the one to present the Echo problem to the team?

Come on, Danny has his own series so he doesn't need to be front and center like some of the other characters. Danny has had more face time than even Jessica Drew who everyone knows is a favorite of his. If your going to hate then at least have it make some sense.

Honestly, Bendis needs to stop focusing on Wolverine and Spider-Man (because who gives two sh*ts about them being on the team anyway?) and start giving Jessica and Danny some more importance in the book.

And after reading the latest issue all I can say is that i'm really starting to hate Luke Cage, seriously it was cool when Bendis brought him back a couple of years ago, but now its just getting annoying how Cage thinks anybody actually takes his opinion seriously

marvelprince
Honestly, Bendis needs to stop focusing on Wolverine and Spider-Man (because who gives two sh*ts about them being on the team anyway?) and start giving Jessica and Danny some more importance in the book.

And after reading the latest issue all I can say is that i'm really starting to hate Luke Cage, seriously it was cool when Bendis brought him back a couple of years ago, but now its just getting annoying how Cage thinks anybody actually takes his opinion seriously

Hmm, I guess. Personally I'm glad he's doing something with Logan cause considering his experience should really be invaluable to a team like this. I like how he's been sort of "guiding" Cage in terms of leadership. I like this version much better than the Logan he was writing pre-CW who basically just laid around the Tower eating.

Spider-Man just is really the voice of reason here. He jokes most of the time, but he's the "purest" as far as the team goes. He doesn't think he's doing the right thing then he's gonna speak up.

As for Cage, what do expect? He's the leader. He thinks there's something funny going on and wants to find out and he's voiced that to the team. As the leader you're going to have to get used to him speaking more often.

Jessica Drew had her spotlight issues already. When the time comes I'm sure we'll get more of her.

Grimm22
Originally posted by marvelprince
Hmm, I guess. Personally I'm glad he's doing something with Logan cause considering his experience should really be invaluable to a team like this. I like how he's been sort of "guiding" Cage in terms of leadership. I like this version much better than the Logan he was writing pre-CW who basically just laid around the Tower eating.

Spider-Man just is really the voice of reason here. He jokes most of the time, but he's the "purest" as far as the team goes. He doesn't think he's doing the right thing then he's gonna speak up.

As for Cage, what do expect? He's the leader. He thinks there's something funny going on and wants to find out and he's voiced that to the team. As the leader you're going to have to get used to him speaking more often.

Jessica Drew had her spotlight issues already. When the time comes I'm sure we'll get more of her.

Whatever, but as far as I can tell, any character that joins the team, automatically falls to Bendis' crap writing.

Seriously, Hawkeye is the only REAL avenger on the team and Bendis' has him saying stuff like "I'm not Hawkeye anymore"?!?! Hawkeye would NEVER let some 17 year old chick who knows how to use a bow, use his name.

And why the hell is Cage still doing acting like he runs the team when Hawkeye back?!? Seriously, Clint lead the Thunderbolts and the Avengers (West Coast), so it's complete crap that Marvel is now saying that some street thug, now is more credible to lead the "Avengers" than a guy who has been one of Cap's best friends for over a decade

marvelprince
Whatever, but as far as I can tell, any character that joins the team, automatically falls to Bendis' crap writing.

laughing out loud

Seriously, Hawkeye is the only REAL avenger on the team and Bendis' has him saying stuff like "I'm not Hawkeye anymore"?!?! Hawkeye would NEVER let some 17 year old chick who knows how to use a bow, use his name.

Um, you do realise that Clint has abandoned his Hawkeye guise before Bendis ever came along right confused

And why the hell is Cage still doing acting like he runs the team when Hawkeye back?!? Seriously, Clint lead the Thunderbolts and the Avengers (West Coast), so it's complete crap that Marvel is now saying that some street thug, now is more credible to lead the "Avengers" than a guy who has been one of Cap's best friends for over a decade

Well Clint was following Cage's lead during the HoM so I see no reason why he wouldn't defer to Cage now

AcousticDoc
No one in the marvel universe seems to really respect ironfist.

SpunkySmurph
This isn't the New Avengers Discussion thread, guys... take it to the Illuminati Thread. smile

Soljer
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
No one in the marvel universe seems to really respect ironfist.

And when they get a hole punched in them, they'll learn some respect.

masterbruce
And when they get a hole punched in them, they'll learn some respect.

so in other words...IF will never get any respect?

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce
so in other words...IF will never get any respect?

He's punched a hole in colossus.

Kinda.

He also punches holes through people all the time in the forums...shifty.

Disappear
wasn't that just in exiles?

Soljer
wasn't that just in exiles?

Hence the 'kinda.'

SpunkySmurph
And yet, it was cannon (for the exiles characters), and all the characters were at their 616 power levels...

Disappear
at least, that's how it seemed. there wasn't any indication otherwise, but there wasn't any confirmation, either. several characters were notably "out of character" for their 616 counterparts, though, so it's not entirely conclusive how closely that universe was tied to 616.

my favorite of the exiles stories, though.

StarsNeverFall7
This run is amazing like is already said, with many different variant covers already. Didn't read much IF before this, but after picking these up he has quickly became into my top 3. Now what should be interesting is that book he just picked up...can't wait to see what craziness he is going to learn out of it.

capt it up
Originally posted by grey fox
Really that be great. Thanks

Soljer
Really that be great. Thanks

I sent you a PM, in case Grey Fox hasn't/doesn't.

llagrok

Wish I had the opportunity to support Marvel the way you do. In Norway they sell 3 copies of Astonishing x-men every other month :/

I think you should download the ones you can't afford, it beats dropping titles.

How many Immortal IF issues are out?

CasanoVa
5 so far.

This book is worth reading, buy it; I'd prefer if you bought it because well Iron Fist isn't exactly the most popular character in the world, it can use all the help it can get.

The art & story are wonderful, Brubaker and Fraction are awesome. Aja & Foreman also have it going on, the stark contrast of their art is pretty awesome (despite the fact Foreman's art wasn't it's best in no.5).

marvelprince
5 so far.

This book is worth reading, buy it; I'd prefer if you bought it because well Iron Fist isn't exactly the most popular character in the world, it can use all the help it can get.

The art & story are wonderful, Brubaker and Fraction are awesome. Aja & Foreman also have it going on, the stark contrast of their art is pretty awesome (despite the fact Foreman's art wasn't it's best in no.5).

yes

llagrok

Soljer
5 so far.

^^^^^^^^^

thumb up thumb up thumb up

StarsNeverFall7
www.mycomicshop.com

Great site, speedy service, will ship anywhere, and a huge selection. Highly recommended!

Edit: Not my own website, trying to help the lad get his hands on some of the IF so he doesnt have to download them.

AcousticDoc
I always get the sense that Iron fist would get his ass handed to him if other marvel street levelers fought him. I can't see him winning against daredevil, cap or BP.

willRules
I haven't bought any of this but I'm really tempted to so I might get it in trade.

Disappear
a mind-controlled Iron Fist, whose powers got altered so that all he was doing was throwing iron fists, beat t'challa pretty bad. t'challa pulled off the win, in the end, with his energy dagger or something. i think.

when he was trying to impersonate DD, he was losing because matt's style isn't something he's any good at. they said as much, but the fight was stopped once matt realized it was danny in the suit.

don't know if he's ever fought cap.

marvelprince
a mind-controlled Iron Fist, whose powers got altered so that all he was doing was throwing iron fists, beat t'challa pretty bad. t'challa pulled off the win, in the end, with his energy dagger or something. i think.

when he was trying to impersonate DD, he was losing because matt's style isn't something he's any good at. they said as much, but the fight was stopped once matt realized it was danny in the suit.

don't know if he's ever fought cap.

Yea in his own series he broke into the Mansion after the Wrecking Crew kidnapped his girlfriend and he ran into Cap. Not much of an actual fight, but I do remember that he was very surprised by Cap's speed and strength.

Alfheim

Cage is not some street thug he is one of the most experienced super heroes. Maybe not more than Hawkeye but Cage has been around for ages.

Cage has alot of experience fighting with IF with the FF for while and adventuring on his own and lots of other heroes. *mutters to himself* street thug my ***.

StarsNeverFall7
Only thing T'Challa has going for him is his suit, past that I havn't seen him doing anything anti-PIS that was that great. IF is a great character, using nothing more than his MA skills to fight is pretty impressive in my book. Speaking of books, im hoping the one he got shows him some things that put him into the running for best MA marvel has..

Disappear
t'challa's one of the most cunning minds in marvel's catalogue of characters. when written properly, he's a tactical genius, he's planned around nearly every eventuality and he makes incredible deductions when "on the case."

but yeah. nowadays all he's got is a suit and some PIS. THANKS HUDLIN!

Symmetric Chaos
t'challa's one of the most cunning minds in marvel's catalogue of characters. when written properly, he's a tactical genius, he's planned around nearly every eventuality and he makes incredible deductions when "on the case."

but yeah. nowadays all he's got is a suit and some PIS. THANKS HUDLIN!

He did manage to apparently hide dozens of planes in the US without SHIELD noticing.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Alfheim
Cage is not some street thug he is one of the most experienced super heroes. Maybe not more than Hawkeye but Cage has been around for ages.

Cage has alot of experience fighting with IF with the FF for while and adventuring on his own and lots of other heroes. *mutters to himself* street thug my ***.

And he is still nowhere as cool as anybody else on the team no expression

(well except for Wolverine shifty )

Alfheim
And he is still nowhere as cool as anybody else on the team no expression

(well except for Wolverine shifty )

angrymob

CasanoVa
Wolverine is easily the best un-Kirby & Lee character ever made in Marvel, he truly is.

I don't let teh fanboys and over-exposure spoil it for me, I can live with that, but if he's badly written then I got major beefage.

Iron Fist is the coolest guy in the MU right now, because of this book wink

Soljer
Wolverine is easily the best un-Kirby & Lee character ever made in Marvel, he truly is.

I don't let teh fanboys and over-exposure spoil it for me, I can live with that, but if he's badly written then I got major beefage.

Cosigned.

Still isn't NEARLY popualr enough, or a big enough player, though.

Hopefully his exposure in the New Avengers (which EVERYONE will buy thanks to Wolverine and Spiderman's star power. ) will help keep his solo run going.

marvelprince

Its like you express my thoughts before I can even get a chance to.

Cosigned.

Still isn't NEARLY popualr enough, or a big enough player, though.

Hopefully his exposure in the New Avengers (which EVERYONE will buy thanks to Wolverine and Spiderman's star power. ) will help keep his solo run going.

Hey, I buy it for more than just Spider-Man/Wolverine sad

Soljer
I wasn't implying that Wolverine and Spiderman were the ONLY reasons the book was purchased. I was just saying that their presence certainly doesn't hurt the book's sales. wink.

marvelprince
I wasn't implying that Wolverine and Spiderman were the ONLY reasons the book was purchased. I was just saying that their presence certainly doesn't hurt the book's sales. wink.

Much better big grin

Soljer
Bump.

Number eight was great. If you haven't started this series yet, eight is a good place to pick it up (or, hell, go get all seven of the back issues, too!)

So, at the risk of simply repeating myself...go buy this book.

All of it.

Now.

Support one of the best runs out there right now.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Citizen V

One of the best? Yes, but to say he's the best non-Lee/Kirby era character is more of a matter of opinion.

Oh and Iron Fist is the best book out on the shelves right now yes

Citizen V
Co-signed.

Buy it.

Or I'll kill you.

thumb up

Soljer
Co-signed.

Buy it.

Or I'll kill you.

thumb up

Cosigned. We'll bring the 'lightning from god' down on you.

Or whatever it was. Something like that.

Citizen V
One of the best? Yes, but to say he's the best non-Lee/Kirby era character is more of a matter of opinion.

Oh and Iron Fist is the best book out on the shelves right now yes

To say he's one of the best is also a matter of opinion, it's about personal preference, which absolutely negates being able to say for a fact who's the "best" in fiction.

Soljer
How do you think Danny'll do against Fat Cobra? I mean, the star of the book can't go down in the first round, but Danny even admitted that he had no idea how to fight him.

Not to mention the fact that even if Danny wins, he has to face Davos immediately afterwards - they won't even be in the finals against each other. I kind of smell something interrupting the tournament. I'm not sure we'll see anything past the first match - if we even see that to a culmination.

Citizen V
How do you think Danny'll do against Fat Cobra? I mean, the star of the book can't go down in the first round, but Danny even admitted that he had no idea how to fight him.

Not to mention the fact that even if Danny wins, he has to face Davos immediately afterwards - they won't even be in the finals against each other. I kind of smell something interrupting the tournament. I'm not sure we'll see anything past the first match - if we even see that to a culmination.

He'll beat him, I think that Danny'll eventually win the tournament (not without alot of hard work) and I definetly think there's going to be some foul play on Davos' part.

I'm curious about the Prince of Orphans though, because Danny'll definetly fight him in the final (if he makes it).

It's really hard to guage, because sometimes Brubaker goes for the most obvious route (which is sometimes the best) and then at other times he totally suprises you.

One thing must be said about this book though, I hate it. I get it every week and then by the end of it, I hate it, don't get me wrong it's an AMAZING piece of work, but I hate having to wait that long month for the next one.

Soljer
I agree, I wish they'd come a lot sooner - but who doesn't wish that? About pretty much ANY run they're a fan of?

I can't wait to see these other secrets danny's unlocked though. The auto-healing was pretty intense, considering he used to drain himself to heal.

Citizen V
Loving the pulpy feel to these previews to Immortal Iron Fist Annual #1, which focuses on Orson Randall (he rocked my socks something hard, shame he couldn't stick around a little longer, even though I knew he was a dead man as soon as he turnt up).

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/IRONFISTANN001_int0001.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/IRONFISTANN001_int0002.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/IRONFISTANN001_int0003.jpg

And here are two preview images for Danny's fight with Fat Cobra, can't wait, don't know how he'll pull off a win though.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/t_IRONFIST_009_008.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/u_IRONFIST_009_009.jpg

Soljer
God - I don't want to wait a friggin month!

Can't wait to see Danny's fight with Fat Cobra.

I dunno if it's just me, though, I never really got into orson randall's story as much. Nor did I particularly care for #7 - I just am anxious to find out what's gonna happy with Danny.

Citizen V
You didn't get into Orson Randall's story? Really? Wow, I loved that, I love Danny's story more; but I think that the whole legacy of the Iron Fist is just awesome, and it makes Danny's plight even more real.

Brubaker and co. write with a 6 arc structure, so I hope they will be an issue inbetween arcs that show-cases a past Iron Fist (like the Flash Rogue issues did), because I think the legacy pwns.

Can't wait for the Annual.

One thing I like about Fraction/Brubaker, they capture Danny perfectly, how at times he manages to be extremely serious, other times he's goofy and immature and others hot-headed and reckless. The characterization in this book is amazing, I think.

Soljer
I like the legacy thing, I just didn't care for them wasting an issue showcasing a past iron fist when I was dying to know what was going to happen with the current one.

So to speak.

llagrok
Whirlwind of impending doom....

Citizen V
I understand what you mean, but I didn't think it was a waste at all, I wanted to find out what happened to Danny and where they'd teleported off to.. but I was already really interested in Wu-Ao-Shi (I think that's it) from the little we'd seen from her.

Do you reckon they'll show all of the matches? I hope they do, because I want to find out some more about the other immortal weapons aswell.

Black Adam
You didn't get into Orson Randall's story? Really? Wow, I loved that, I love Danny's story more; but I think that the whole legacy of the Iron Fist is just awesome, and it makes Danny's plight even more real.

Brubaker and co. write with a 6 arc structure, so I hope they will be an issue inbetween arcs that show-cases a past Iron Fist (like the Flash Rogue issues did), because I think the legacy pwns.

Can't wait for the Annual.

One thing I like about Fraction/Brubaker, they capture Danny perfectly, how at times he manages to be extremely serious, other times he's goofy and immature and others hot-headed and reckless. The characterization in this book is amazing, I think.

Indeed. Bru and company have handled this whole legacy thing Great.

willRules
I havd to wait for the trade for this comic and the wait finally paid off. I just bought it and have only read the first issue so far. Despite the hype everyone here has given it, I was skeptical because Iron-Fist was never a character I liked or had any interest in, my favourite moments were when he decided to wear Daredevil's costume for Civil War!

However, I really enjoyed the first issue. Nice art, plenty of action and a nice shocker ending for a first issue, even if we do know that the main character won't die in the first issue of his ongoing (Someone tell that to Brubaker with his amazing Cap series at the moment, without Cap!) The only thing that annoyed me was that Iron-Fist was going through his life history and origins whilst facing numerous enemies? If they weren't such a threat that he could afford to do that, I could understand, but he totally jobbed to them at the end yes Good issue though and I'm glad I waited for the trade cos it has his story from the civil war choosing sides at the back big grin

I will probably continue to get this series but in the trades because I'm guessing there will not be much correspondence with the main MU for a long while in this title, it looks like Brubaker has plenty of stories to tell yes

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I have all the issues. Its a good comic book, but needs to improve.

Black Adam
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
but needs to improve.

in what?

tjcoady
how can a comic book featuring a character called "Fat Cobra" fighting a HUNDRED SHOALIN TERROR MONKS in mortal combat POSSIBLY need improving? I mean, I have no clue what Shoalin terror monk is, but if there is anything modern comics needs more of, it's that.

NiņoAraņa
this book ****ing rocks. i've got 8 on hold, and i already have all the other 7....if the writing stays like this, i'll buy this book forever. yes

SnazzySmurph

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
I'm tempted to make a corny joke about you eventually being dead, and buying the book...

But I won't. i'll buy it thruogh my children, grandchildren, etc. etc.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Black Adam
in what?

For one thing, the storytelling. Iron Fist needs more storytelling.

NiņoAraņa
For one thing, the storytelling. Iron Fist needs more storytelling. What the f**k? the storytelling is damn good. and you're saying it needs less action?

Grimm22

That's why it's awesome though

We know Danny is going to somehow beat him, but how he is going to do it is the real mystery. big grin

Oh and I have a feeling Danny is going to end up losing in the final round to the Prince of Orphans erm

AcousticDoc
Iron fist will beat fat cobra with an Ironfist punch. He is not very original or creative with his abilities.

Citizen V
For one thing, the storytelling. Iron Fist needs more storytelling.

GTFO no expression.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Also, the writers should settle on telling one particular story about Daniel Rand instead about other people who held the title of Iron Fist.

NiņoAraņa
Also, the writers should settle on telling one particular story about Daniel Rand instead about other people who held the title of Iron Fist. Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Iron fist will beat fat cobra with an Ironfist punch. He is not very original or creative with his abilities. Originally posted by Citizen V
GTFO no expression.

Black Adam
Also, the writers should settle on telling one particular story about Daniel Rand instead about other people who held the title of Iron Fist.

no...no they shouldn't.The stories of past iron fist is one of the things that keeps me reading the book.

willRules
I want to see more of the stories on that girl who could throw the glowing arrow stuff (That's the official terminology) yes

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by willRules
I want to see more of the stories on that girl who could throw the glowing arrow stuff (That's the official terminology) yes cus "lightning from god" doesn't mean squat vin

willRules
she wasn't God, just a lady with glowing appendages big grin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Black Adam
no...no they shouldn't.The stories of past iron fist is one of the things that keeps me reading the book.

Will these other Iron Fist intersect with Daniel Rand?

willRules
Well one already has yes

NiņoAraņa
Will these other Iron Fist intersect with Daniel Rand? have you even been reading them? What the f**k?

Citizen V

NiņoAraņa
No, he doesn't read any of the words.

He just likes the pretty pictures. even so, there were clearly 2 IFs in the same comic, for the last several issues...

tjcoady
the one issue with the pirate queen? that issue ROCKED. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to read about this bad ass pirate queen/iron fist and her battle against pirates AND love. awesome.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by tjcoady
the one issue with the pirate queen? that issue ROCKED. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to read about this bad ass pirate queen/iron fist and her battle against pirates AND love. awesome. eek! she was cool and sexy! even when she was bald! laughing

Disappear
the best singular element of this book is the expansion of danny rand as the iron fist, what we've known him as for years and years, into "danny rand, AN iron fist," just one part of a much larger, unexplained mythology of iron fists and other immortal weapons. it's making the whole story of the iron fist a legend, not just focusing on a single character and his unique abilities. it's ****ing brilliant.

i'm entirely too interested in learning about these other immortal weapons, their parallels to the iron fist and k'un-l'un and so on and so forth. granted, i've yet to find issue 8 in any shops close to home, but still. i'm psycho-sexually getting off on this storytelling. that's how great it is.

tjcoady
the best singular element of this book is the expansion of danny rand as the iron fist, what we've known him as for years and years, into "danny rand, AN iron fist," just one part of a much larger, unexplained mythology of iron fists and other immortal weapons. it's making the whole story of the iron fist a legend, not just focusing on a single character and his unique abilities. it's ****ing brilliant.

i'm entirely too interested in learning about these other immortal weapons, their parallels to the iron fist and k'un-l'un and so on and so forth. granted, i've yet to find issue 8 in any shops close to home, but still. i'm psycho-sexually getting off on this storytelling. that's how great it is.

agreed. plus the whole thing about the seven cities of heaven, fighting to be closer to earth through an INTERDIMENSIONAL NO HOLDS BARRED KUNG-FU TOURNAMENT really couldn't be any more cool. The story is taking kind of a boring character concept and putting this incredibly rich and diverse backstory and universe around him. Plus old school heroes for hire were awesome.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Daniel Rand is the best Iron Fist.

Disappear
define best. he's lost his powers at least twice, his kung fu wasn't jack compared to most of what's been written in the book of the iron fists, and he did kind of go crazy and try to merge earth and k'un-l'un at one point.

Battlehammer
think IF one day will be able to shoot ki blasts?

Disappear
kamehamehas and shit. totally within the realm of possibility, except entirely too cheesy a concept, i think. lightning from god, as it were, is at least a semi-badass looking attack. i think throwing around energy blasts, like some random morlock, seems like something that could be spared.

NiņoAraņa
kamehamehas and shit. totally within the realm of possibility, except entirely too cheesy a concept, i think. lightning from god, as it were, is at least a semi-badass looking attack. i think throwing around energy blasts, like some random morlock, seems like something that could be spared. agreed. LFG from Orson's Guns wes a badass move.

manjaro
i dont know i like the idea that if danny were to train more seriously he cold do shit like that and be the baddest mofo on earth. i dont mind DBZ type blasts.. in fact i love em cuz its all about spirit energy and chi, rather than ohhh look i got cosmic energy in me and i can make cool kirby dotsbig grin

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
Lightning from God wasn't too shabby from arrows, either.

I'd be totally cool with Danny imbuing things with chi, pseudo-gambit-style. Like the Lightning(s) from god.

However, I dunno how alright I'd be with hearing him start "Kaaa....meeeehhhh..." He did so to the sword at the end of 6 yes

willRules
That was a small glimpse sad

Grimm22
Lightning from God wasn't too shabby from arrows, either.

I'd be totally cool with Danny imbuing things with chi, pseudo-gambit-style. Like the Lightning(s) from god.

However, I dunno how alright I'd be with hearing him start "Kaaa....meeeehhhh..."

Thats the ingenious of having to use the power of the Iron Fist with weapons.

Of course some sh*t writer could go on and say that he could use air particles or some crap like that sick

Disappear
so the new moves he's learned thus far are the hypnosis fist, lightning from god, and now an auto-healing through meditation. and maybe a whole lot of other stuff, like kung fu moves unrelated to the iron fist, we've yet to see or fully clarify.

in eight issues. if this trend keeps up, which it probably won't after a while, he'd be well on his way to punching out helicarriers and whatnot.

Soljer
so the new moves he's learned thus far are the hypnosis fist, lightning from god, and now an auto-healing through meditation. and maybe a whole lot of other stuff, like kung fu moves unrelated to the iron fist, we've yet to see or fully clarify.

in eight issues. if this trend keeps up, which it probably won't after a while, he'd be well on his way to punching out helicarriers and whatnot.

Who knows? As I recall;

"Time moves strangely in K'un-Lun. Have I been here a week? A day? I'm not sure."

"I take advantage of that shifting time to study The book of the Iron Fist."

"Between its covers are the unheard of secrets and techniques of all the Iron Fists that came before me."

"Secrets of combat...philosophy...and the spirit...ways of using the chi of Shou-Lao the Undying...in ways I hadn't even dreamed of. Of using it almost unconsciously."

Lei Kung comes and Danny notes:

"I was just testing some of the techniques in The Book."

Emphasis mine on that last sentence. Obviously, he did more than heal, he just did it off panel. There may be a plethora of new kung-fu learned by Danny, or there might simply be a trick or two. They may or may not relate to the Iron Fist itself, they may or may not relate to Chi, they may or may not relate to Martial Arts.

Danny could have been studying the book for weeks, and he himself noted that he learned secrets of combat, philosophy, and chi. Who knows what he's got up his sleeve?

Citizen V
I liked when Danny charged the samurai sword with chi, I thought that was pretty badass. Hopefully we get a few more examples of what he's learnt in the tournament, especially against Davos, I hope Davos gets owned.

Battlehammer
wait so dany in this one arc now as like 5 new abilties.......wtf

Soljer
Originally posted by Battlehammer
wait so dany in this one arc now as like 5 new abilties.......wtf

No, it's two arcs so far. One book.

stick out tongue.

Battlehammer
No, it's two arcs so far. One book.

stick out tongue.
lol.

any one think it a little rediculous?

I mean thats kinda of a lot of new up grades for one character in quite a short amount of time.

Though ya gotta love Iron Fist

Soljer
lol.

I mean thats kinda of a lot of new up grades for one character in quite a short amount of time.

It isn't a bunch of upgrades - it's closer to one upgrade, and even a reboot of Danny's true origins/history.

I, personally, love everything that's happened in Immortal Iron Fist so far.

Battlehammer
It isn't a bunch of upgrades - it's closer to one upgrade, and even a reboot of Danny's true origins/history.

I, personally, love everything that's happened in Immortal Iron Fist so far.
wait can't he now shoot lightning and now do the same shit as silver samuria?

Soljer
wait can't he now shoot lightning and now do the same shit as silver samuria?

Shoot lightning *laughs*.

Lightning from god is simply imbuing an object - so far, bullets and arrows, with Chi. He doesn't shoot lightning out of his ass or anything.

And, so far, Danny hasn't utilized 'lightning from god.'

And, what shit can silver samurai do that's so offensive?

Battlehammer

Lightning from god is simply imbuing an object - so far, bullets and arrows, with Chi. He doesn't shoot lightning out of his ass or anything.

I dont think it offensive. I was just wondering what all these powers I was hearing about were. I never said it was bad. I actually love Iron Fist he my 4th favorit hero.

If I had the money I would get his comics all the time, but sadly I don't.

whats it do when he imbues it with chi any way.

That reminds me of silver samuria power.

Citizen V

Yes he has, when he used Colleen's samurai sword to interogate the last HYRDA agent to where Jeryn was, he charged the sword (you could tell because it was glowing orange).

And no Capt, I don't think it's ridiculous at all, 88 Iron Fists with all their experience imbued into one book that he might have spent weeks reading for all we know, it's pretty believable IMO.

willRules
lol.

Good point but his "upgrades" are a logical extension of his Iron-Fist power so I'm not complaining yes

Soljer
Yes he has, when he used Colleen's samurai sword to interogate the last HYRDA agent to where Jeryn was, he charged the sword (you could tell because it was glowing orange).

And no Capt, I don't think it's ridiculous at all, 88 Iron Fists with all their experience imbued into one book that he might have spent weeks reading for all we know, it's pretty believable IMO.

Lightning from god always seemed a ranged attack. Imbuing a sword with chi doesn't seem lighting-from-god-ish-enough-to-me.

And, yeah, I know I didn't need all those hyphens, but...

So? stick out tongue.

Battlehammer
Good point but his "upgrades" are a logical extension of his Iron-Fist power so I'm not complaining yes
true.

whats this book I hear people talking about.

does he still have the book?

Soljer
true.

whats this book I hear people talking about.

does he still have the book?

It's an ancient text that was scribed by all the Iron Fist's that came before him. It holds secrets of kung fu, chi, philosophy, all kinds of stuff. Things that Danny, originally, couldn't even wrap his mind around, they were so advanced.

Citizen V
Lightning from god always seemed a ranged attack. Imbuing a sword with chi doesn't seem lighting-from-god-ish-enough-to-me.

And, yeah, I know I didn't need all those hyphens, but...

So? stick out tongue.

Well he might have intended to throw the sword.

That ranged enough for ya? cool.

Battlehammer
It's an ancient text that was scribed by all the Iron Fist's that came before him. It holds secrets of kung fu, chi, philosophy, all kinds of stuff. Things that Danny, originally, couldn't even wrap his mind around, they were so advanced.
does he still own it ?

Citizen V
does he still own it ?

Yeah, he's the only one that can read it aswell.

Battlehammer
when did he get it?

Soljer

Not necessarily true. Only those with the mantle of iron fist can read it (as far as we currently know...you know how 'unbreakable' things get shattered all the time in comics? How about unreadable?)

Since he's currently the only Iron Fist, he's the only one that can read it. But, previously, there was more than one (for a short time, anyways.)

****ing A, I can't wait for the next issue.

Battlehammer
I liked the whole tourament idea I wish they get a whole massive cross over tourament with all of marvels MA in it

willRules
Well he might have intended to throw the sword.

That ranged enough for ya? cool.

laughing

willRules
I liked the whole tourament idea I wish they get a whole massive cross over tourament with all of marvels MA in it

Ah but because they entered characters that are new, the writer can do what they want with them, kill them, turn them into members of the big league etc etc yes

Battlehammer
Ah but because they entered characters that are new, the writer can do what they want with them, kill them, turn them into members of the big league etc etc yes
ya but come on how cool would that be to have

DD,Wolverine, Capt, IF, Shang-chi, Moon night and so forth in a hgue massive tourament.

Citizen V
ya but come on how cool would that be to have

DD,Wolverine, Capt, IF, Shang-chi, Moon night and so forth in a hgue massive tourament.

It would suck, because with names like that it would turn into a job fest and would have some high profile writer (probably Bendis).

And because I'd much rather read about a tournament with characters like in IF, than with popular characters, because with new characters you don't know where the hell it's going.

NiņoAraņa
i really really hope they show us the other people fighting, and not just IF fighting them yes

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
I kind of hope they don't. Otherwise, it kind of spoils the surprise, no? well at least the Steel Spider fight erm i hope he loses laughing

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
Steel Spider? Bride of nine spiders? Steel Serpent? no idea why i said spider....yeah, steel serpant....

tjcoady
god could this series get anymore awesome? It's like watching a Bruce Lee movie set in the marvel universe, only with Iron Fist instead of Bruce Lee and the awesome dial ramped up to twelve... and the dial ONLY GOES UP TO EIGHT,

Disappear
wouldn't orson randall be able to read the book, considering he killed another immortal weapon and fled k'un-l'un before being stripped of his powers and the mantle of the iron fist?

NiņoAraņa
wouldn't orson randall be able to read the book, considering he killed another immortal weapon and fled k'un-l'un before being stripped of his powers and the mantle of the iron fist? he wasn't stripped of his powers..but yeah, he could read the book.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>