Who is the top 5 prep kings in comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Who is the top 5 prep kings in comics?

Endless Mike
5. Tony Stark
4. Doctor Doom
3. Reed Richards
2. Thanos
1. Pre - Crisis Lex Luthor

don't shiv
The Dark knight
Apocalypse
Doctor Doom
Darksied
Thanos

ThePittman
Thanos
Reed
Doom or Lex
Batman
Mr. Sinister

Innerhype
Tony Stark
T'Challa or Batman
Victor Von Doom
Reed Richards
Thanos

lordboo
Originally posted by Innerhype
Tony Stark
T'Challa or Batman
Victor Von Doom
Reed Richards
Thanos
thumb up thumb up

ThePittman
I can't see how any of them are better at prep than Thanos

Endless Mike
Originally posted by ThePittman

http://www.superdickery.com/science/18.html

Innerhype
Originally posted by Innerhype
Tony Stark
T'Challa or Batman
Victor Von Doom
Reed Richards
Thanos

T'was in no particular order

lordboo
Originally posted by Endless Mike
is that some kind of joke? laughing

lando005
thanos
doom
batman
lex
bp

Juntai
I can't see how any of them are better at prep than Thanos He's no more impressive than some of the others people have listed, outside the fact that besides being very intelligent and tactical that he's also a cosmic powerhouse, imo.

And obtaining the infinite gauntlet or hoti are more plot-moves than examples of tactical genius in combat, which is what we consider when we say 'prep' in a thread. In a similar manner to that we wouldn't consider Hal/GL with prep time, as becomming Parallax or dying and becoming Spectre again somehow.

Wally West
Obtaining the Infinity Gauntlet was an example of prep though, he had prepared for each encounter with all 6 of the Elders and made each one in turn look like a fool, even the Grandmaster who himself had time to prepare for Thanos.

Juntai
Originally posted by Wally West
Obtaining the Infinity Gauntlet was an example of prep though, he had prepared for each encounter with all 6 of the Elders and made each one in turn look like a fool, even the Grandmaster who himself had time to prepare for Thanos. I'll give him credit for some things in the story, but I don't think I don't think actually running and assembling the IG is an example of Thanos with prep time in a thread anymore than Hal with prep time running and absorbing the OA battery.

ThePittman
http://www.superdickery.com/science/18.html laughing

Board Walker
When he actually trys, superman for #1.

Board Walker
Why do comics no longer have text on the covers?

Innerhype
Originally posted by Board Walker
Why do comics no longer have text on the covers?

I miss though sad

Symmetric Chaos
Strange
Doom
Wayne
Richards

. . .

Blob?

Board Walker
Supes doesn't get the respect he deserves in terms of prep.

AS Superman > Thanos
In prep

Deathstroke

I'd hate to find out how he smuggled the flashlight into his cell.

long pig
No one mentioned Nick Fury? He IS prep.

His Airness
I'll name more than 5 for the hell of it, I'll keep my list Thanos lv and below.

Loki
Batman
Reed Richards
Thanos
Dr. Doom
Nick Fury
Tony Stark
etc

JuanJohnboy
1.- Thanos
2.- Batman
3.- Richards/Doom
4.- Deahstroke
5.- Sinister

was going to mention Loki but he is a god so its not fair

Muck101
In no real order:
Punisher
Nick Fury
Reed Richards
Batman
Never actually read a comic with Thanos in it, but everyone else seems to be putting him in here so I will too.

Board Walker
Superman
Reed Richards
Thanos
Batman
Doom

Everyone else

mykke
1. Thanos

2. Victor von Doom
3. Reed Richards
4. Tony Stark
5. Bruce Wayne

Avalonofthewind
Here's my top 5 in order.

1- Alexander Luthor - The guy recreated a multiverse *Nuff said*

2 - Doctor Doom - Stole Galactus & Beyonders power.

3 - Thanos - Half his "feats" are actually due to great prep work beforehand.

4 - Batman - Same as Thanos.

5 - Superman/Spiderman - With Prep, these 2 are pretty nasty, and they don't get the proper recognition for it.

*Honorable mentions* Rip Hunter, Reed Richards, T.O. Morrow.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Here's my top 5 in order.

1- Alexander Luthor - The guy recreated a multiverse *Nuff said*

2 - Doctor Doom - Stole Galactus & Beyonders power.

3 - Thanos - Half his "feats" are actually due to great prep work beforehand.

4 - Batman - Same as Thanos.

5 - Superman/Spiderman - With Prep, these 2 are pretty nasty, and they don't get the proper recognition for it.

*Honorable mentions* Rip Hunter, Reed Richards, T.O. Morrow.

1. Alex Luthor

2. Doctor Doom

3. I would put Superman above Batman, AS superman, and PC superman in particular

4. Batman/Reed Richards

5. Thanos - overrated, as you stated prior, the majority of his feats involved ridiculous amounts of pre prep just for his prep to prep.

Wally West
Thanos: But fortunately Thanos's most dangerous weapon is his mind. It is entirely in the planning. All battles are won or lost before ever the first blow is struck. Execution is mere formality.

Said in the process of taking down a being twice as powerful as Galactus.

Board Walker
Thanos: But fortunately Thanos's most dangerous weapon is his mind. It is entirely in the planning. All battles are won or lost before ever the first blow is struck. Execution is mere formality.

Said in the process of taking down a being twice as powerful as Galactus.

the clone was not twice as powerful as Galactus, show me one feat that shows it was.

Wally West
Who really cares? I was just posting a quote that seems relevant to this discussion, Thanos and Genis both said Omega dwarfed Galactus in power, you want to dispute that then go take it up with Jim Starlin not me.

Board Walker
Who really cares? I was just posting a quote that seems relevant to this discussion, Thanos and Genis both said Omega dwarfed Galactus in power, you want to dispute that then go take it up with Jim Starlin not me.

It was also said the Sentry stalemated Galactus, do we just accept that to?

Im sorry for being argumentative, its late, I should be sleeping, but left paper till last morning before it is due.

Avalonofthewind
the clone was not twice as powerful as Galactus, show me one feat that shows it was.

Even if the clone was/wasn't stronger, Doom still has the more impressive feat against Galan.

And with less "prep time" to boot.

Give Doom the same natural durability that Thanos has and I'm sure he can pull off everything Thanos can and probably more.

Board Walker
Even if the clone wasn't, Doom still has the more impressive feat against Galan.

And with less "prep time" to boot.

Give Doom the same natural durability that Thanos has and I'm sure he can pull off everything Thanos can and probably more.

I ranked doom above Thanos, not below -_-

Avalonofthewind
I ranked doom above Thanos, not below -_-

I know...just wanted to throw that in there. smile

Board Walker
I know...just wanted to throw that in there. smile

Well none the less, I feel smilarly with what you said.

Give Doom the same access to tools and resources that Thanos has, and Doom would outperform him in a fraction of the time.

AS Superman already outperforms Thanos in prep feats, which AS superman does so very quickly. (in terms of time versus yield)

lordboo
not really a comic,the A team were awesome with prep?

Bouboumaster
1- Thanos

2- Doom
3- Batman
4- Tony Stark
5- Nick Fury

Martian_mind
I'm slightly shocked no-one has mentioned Adam Strange.

His Airness
The Thanos hate here is ridiculous.

Avalonofthewind
Someone hated on Thanos?

Last time I checked...being in the top 5 is pretty damn good considering the thousands of characters out there.

His Airness
Someone hated on Thanos?

Last time I checked...being in the top 5 is pretty damn good considering the thousands of characters out there.

Below

Give Doom the same access to tools and resources that Thanos has, and Doom would outperform him in a fraction of the time.

Most baseless, and biased statement in this thread. smile

Board Walker
Originally posted by His Airness
Below

Most baseless, and biased statement in this thread. smile

Oh really?

Considering doom has stolen the Beyonders powers?

Stolen Galactus powers?

Stolen Silver Surfers powers?

Yeah, its completely baseless and biased roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
MacGuyver

Thanos

Doom
Batman

. . .

Everyone else.

King Kandy
Oh really?

Stolen Galactus powers?

Because Thanos has stolen TOAA's powers?

[BAW]Endrict
no one mentioned DS for prep?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Endrict
no one mentioned DS for prep?

DoctorStrange?
Darkseid?
DocSamson?

Ytse
Originally posted by King Kandy

Wasn't it suggested that TOAA was perhaps, "guiding" Thanos to do this to fix the flaw?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by King Kandy

2 things... isn't "The End" non canon since it takes place in a seperate universe?

Also, didn't he find that object? What kind of prep was really required for this?

[BAW]Endrict
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
DoctorStrange?
Darkseid?
DocSamson?

DoctorStrange
Darkseid

Both but Darkseid is amazing with Prep...shouldn't he belong on the list?

Wally West
Also, didn't he find that object? What kind of prep was really required for this? Tons, he said he had been studying about the HOTI and trying to locate it for a long time before the End started, he didn't just stumble upon it. And its referenced in his own series which is canon, so Thanos obtaining the HOTI is canon also.

His Airness
Oh really?

Stolen Galactus powers?

Considering Thanos has obtained godhood around three or so times once having the power of TOAA all solely due to his prep than yes your statements are biased and baseless. Especially the fraction of the time part. smile

His Airness
2 things... isn't "The End" non canon since it takes place in a seperate universe?

Also, didn't he find that object? What kind of prep was really required for this?

It's canon.

complexbrother
Thanos
Reed
Doom or Lex
Batman
Mr. Sinister

my pick exactly, instead of Mr Sinister I would pick Professon X

complexbrother
Oh really?

Stolen Galactus powers?

and Thanos has stolen

TOAA's powers

Eternity's powers

out did each of the elders of ther universe in their own field to get their gem

out preped Galactus

went to Rigel 13 (an ultra advenced sociaty completly dependent on tech, widly accepted as one of the most technoligical planets in the Marvel U) and broken into their advanced computer (past 3000 levels of encryption) and re written the memory and security proticles (yes I know my spelling is bad) of the planet in the minute it took adam Warlock, the Rigel leader, and a recorder to walk down the hall (I'm thinking 1-3 minuts at most.)

must I go on . smokin'

Board Walker

It was stated by marvel itself, that the events of the end took place in a separate universe from the 616.

Board Walker
Considering Thanos has obtained godhood around three or so times once having the power of TOAA all solely due to his prep than yes your statements are biased and baseless. Especially the fraction of the time part. smile

Considering the massive amount of prep, resources, and time he needed, no I do not consider his prep "godly" or the best of the best.

As I said, give Doom access to the same materials Thanos has, and Doom would outperform him.

Galan007
give Doom access to the same materials Thanos has, and Doom would outperform him. I could buy that.

His Airness
It was stated by marvel itself, that the events of the end took place in a separate universe from the 616.

Don't make me sick Mr. Masters on you. It's canon.

His Airness
Considering the massive amount of prep, resources, and time he needed, no I do not consider his prep "godly" or the best of the best.

As I said, give Doom access to the same materials Thanos has, and Doom would outperform him.

How much prep did it take? What resources did he use, and how much time did he need? You don't no, so stop the speculation.

Baseless, and biased. Thanos prep > Dooms prep. I mean the guy plans for every possible outcome of a situation, that alone places him with the best of the prepsters.

Board Walker
Don't make me sick Mr. Masters on you. It's canon.

lol is this suppose to cause me to shake in my shoes?

I respect Mr. M as a debater, but I have no problem in debating with him if its some thing I truly want to make a stand for (such as the Michael+Lucifer Vs. Lt thread).

So please by all do little lapdog, call your master.

Mr Master

Actually the End took place in 616.

It's Canon.

Yall are having a good debate,

proceed.

Board Walker
How much prep did it take? What resources did he use, and how much time did he need? You don't no, so stop the speculation.

Baseless, and biased. Thanos prep > Dooms prep. I mean the guy plans for every possible outcome of a situation, that alone places him with the best of the prepsters.

Again you make baseless assumptions, and ignore the evidence provided by others.

Thanos plans for every possible outcome? Sure didn't look like it when Drax's hand plunged through his chest and killed him; or when he was betrayed by his partner in crime during the Anihilation Wave.

Thanos prep when in comparison with the resources and time he uses to accmplish his feats, is horrible ineffecient.

Doom has performed feats which have outperformed Thanos to an Nth degree when it comes to timeXresources=results

Board Walker
Originally posted by Mr Master
Actually the End took place in 616.

It's Canon.

Yall are having a good debate,

proceed.

Not true, it was not 616, it was stated by Marvel it was a separate universe.

The marvel statement came after the End series and its references, thus it is the most recent retcon in correlation to it.

It took place in Earth(reality)-4321

Mr Master
I don't know about the rest of these prep kings,

but Reed is up there.

Doom is above Reed.

and Thanos is above Doom.

Doom is a close second, I have to give Doom his props.

His Airness
Again you make baseless assumptions, and ignore the evidence provided by others.

Thanos plans for every possible outcome? Sure didn't look like it when Drax's hand plunged through his chest and killed him; or when he was betrayed by his partner in crime during the Anihilation Wave.

Thanos prep when in comparison with the resources and time he uses to accmplish his feats, is horrible ineffecient.

Doom has performed feats which have outperformed Thanos to an Nth degree when it comes to timeXresources=results

I didn't assume anything, I actually did otherwise. Others have yet to provide evidence of how long it took Thanos to prepare for THOI, you on the other hand decided you knew and decided it took a massive amount of time. I already knew the question, but In turn I asked you how you knew. You don't, so stop the speculation.

He had prepared for Drax to appear, however Drax is the silver bullet to than Wear wolf. He couldn't stop it regardless. However this doesn't change the fact that on panel it was stated Thanos to plan for every possible outcome of a situation.

Another baseless statement. Stop debating of speculation.

You don't even know the exact numbers either character takes to prep so how would you know either way?

Mr Master
Not true, it was not 616, it was stated by Marvel it was a separate universe.

The marvel statement came after the End series and its references, thus it is the most recent retcon in correlation to it.

It took place in Earth(reality)-4321

You're getting your info from Wiki, and that's a mistake.

I have all the Bios of 2006 and 07 updates.

I can splash this thread with atleast 8 Offical Marvel Handbook Bios,

LT, the Abstracts, Thanos Warlock and on ... there's actually more than 8 Bios,

referencing the End taking place in the Prime Universe (616)

But I'll just throw this up from the actualy Comic itself:

Where On Panel is this 4321 Universe mentioned?

If that isn't 616, why is Thanos reminiscing about his time with the Cosmic Cube?

If that isn't 616, why is Thanos reminiscing about his time with the Infinity Gauntlet?

If that isn't 616, why is Thanos reminiscing about his time when he died and became Death's servant?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6913/t2cm7.th.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7412/tzv7.th.jpg

And don't tell me that perhaps an "Alternate Version" coincidentally happened to have the EXACT same experiences as Thanos 616.

As you know, that's why they are termed "Alternate" because they are different,

And had this "Reality 4321, Diverged from 616,

some indication On Panel or in the Bios would have let that be known.

Juntai
I dunno, when I consider prep, I don't think of Thanos getting godlike powers as part of it. It's a plot-move, in that it's just intrisic to his character to seek these out .

However, knowing Galactus was coming to kill him in a half hour, do you think he's going to run and find and ultimate universe destroying power, or is it more likely he will end up in physical confrontation anyways, as many of his showings suggest? Where in the same instance - Reed in my opinion would have some sort of transdimensional transponder hypergigadevice of some sorts to resolve the problem, or at least come through with a more rational way of dealing with the Devourer than direct confrontation.

This is why I was saying earlier that he doesn't seem much more impressive than a lot of the others mentioned in the thread outside of the idea that besides being incredibly crafty, he is a cosmic powerhouse as well.

Endless Mike
Actually, one of the company executives made a post on the CBR boards that stated that The End was officially non - canon.

I'll see if I can find it.

Board Walker
I didn't assume anything, I actually did otherwise. Others have yet to provide evidence of how long it took Thanos to prepare for THOI, you on the other hand decided you knew and decided it took a massive amount of time. I already knew the question, but In turn I asked you how you knew. You don't, so stop the speculation.

He had prepared for Drax to appear, however Drax is the silver bullet to than Wear wolf. He couldn't stop it regardless. However this doesn't change the fact that on panel it was stated Thanos to plan for every possible outcome of a situation.

Another baseless statement. Stop debating of speculation.

You don't even know the exact numbers either character takes to prep so how would you know either way?

Thanos prepped for the THOHI?

THOI choose Thanos, it had nothing to do with Thanos prep or intelligence, merely but his will that he had.

Board Walker
You're getting your info from Wiki, and that's a mistake.

I have all the Bios of 2006 and 07 updates.

I can splash this thread with atleast 8 Offical Marvel Handbook Bios,

LT, the Abstracts, Thanos Warlock and on ... there's actually more than 8 Bios,

referencing the End taking place in the Prime Universe (616)

But I'll just throw this up from the actualy Comic itself:

Where On Panel is this 4321 Universe mentioned?

If that isn't 616, why is Thanos reminiscing about his time with the Cosmic Cube?

If that isn't 616, why is Thanos reminiscing about his time with the Infinity Gauntlet?

If that isn't 616, why is Thanos reminiscing about his time when he died and became Death's servant?

And don't tell me that perhaps an "Alternate Version" coincidentally happened to have the EXACT same experiences as Thanos 616.

Wrong I'm getting the info from the article you posted in the Michael+Lucifer Vs HOTU thread.

Juntai
some indication On Panel or in the Bios would have let that be known. Would the marvel alternate universe handbook be considered bio material? Because that's where people are getting the universe 4321 from.

Mr Master
Actually, one of the company executives made a post on the CBR boards that stated that The End was officially non - canon.

I'll see if I can find it.

Don't waste your time Mike,

I seen Alex Ross, Mark Silvestri, Ron Lim and Grant Morrison,

amongst others making cameo's in Comic Forums, that won't fly.

If the Official Marvel site, and updated Bios say it's Canon, and Canon to 616 I might add,

then it is so.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Juntai
Would the marvel alternate universe handbook be considered bio material? Because that's where people are getting the universe 4321 from.

That and they came after the comic run, meaning they are the most current retcon.

Board Walker
Don't waste your time Mike,

I seen Alex Ross, Mark Silvestri, Ron Lim and Grant Morrison,

amongst others making cameo's in Comic Forums, that won't fly.

If the Official Marvel site, and updated Bios say it's Canon, and Canon to 616 I might add,

then it is so.

We are to take your word as godsent? That of course you have communed with the legendary writers and thus your word is above all; come now, that wont fly.

The handbook and article both say it was a completely different universe (4321)

His Airness
Thanos prepped for the THOHI?

THOI choose Thanos, it had nothing to do with Thanos prep or intelligence, merely but his will that he had.

"Thanos said he had been studying about the HOTI and trying to locate it for a long time before the End started, he didn't just stumble upon it. And its referenced in his own series which is canon"

Board Walker
"Thanos said he had been studying about the HOTI and trying to locate it for a long time before the End started, he didn't just stumble upon it. And its referenced in his own series which is canon"

the series you keep stating that is cannon, is not, both in the Marvel article and the hand book it states the end took place in a different universe.

It also says in the same End series, that the HOTI had played Thanos like a pawn, it selected Thanos, not the other way around.

Mr Master
Wrong I'm getting the info from the article you posted in the Michael+Lucifer Vs HOTU thread.

The article I posted was published Months before the End was published.

It's was about how the End was NEARLY non-canon, but that changed when the story changed.

According to that Official article,

Starlin was going to destroy All of Marvel, (for good)

but not the real Marvel Omniverse, instead a duplicate of the Marvel Universe.

Starlin changed the story obviously and had Thanos Re-Create the Marvel Universe,

this way making it sensible and Canon.

Board Walker
The article I posted was published Months before the End was published.

It's was about how the End was NEARLY non-canon, but that changed when the story changed.

According to that Official article,

Starlin was going to destroy All of Marvel, (for good)

but not the real Marvel Omniverse, instead a duplicate of the Marvel Universe.

Starlin chanaged the story obviously and had Thanos Re-Create the Marvel Universe,

this way making it sensible and Canon.

The hand book though was after the end series was it not, how is that not cannon?

Mr Master
Would the marvel alternate universe handbook be considered bio material? Because that's where people are getting the universe 4321 from.

They are?

What Alternate Universe handbook are you talking about?

Not the one I have.

Mr Master
The hand book though was after the end series was it not, how is that not cannon?

I see Juntai confused you.

Tell me what Handbook this is,

so I can post the scans for you and prove you right.

Juntai
Nevermind, but that one does list many of them. It is actually first numbered in All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe 2006 A-Z #1, according to the wiki on Marvel's alternate universes, it numbers them, and cites where it got the number from, for each alternate universe. Such as "616" first being numbered in Fantastic Four 1, or Earth 8009 being listed in the handbook of alternate universes 2005. But that's where people are getting them from.

Juntai
I see Juntai confused you.

Tell me what Handbook this is,

so I can post the scans for you and prove you right. Eh, wasn't trying to confuse anything so much as clear up where people keep popping up with that number from.

Mr Master
Nevermind, but that one does list many of them. , according to the wiki on Marvel's alternate universes, it numbers them, and cites where it got the number from, for each alternate universe. Such as "616" first being numbered in Fantastic Four 1, or Earth 8009 being listed in the handbook of alternate universes 2005. But that's where people are getting them from.

Like I said,

that info was coming from Wiki, not Comics.

What does this mean:

"It is actually first numbered in All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe 2006 A-Z #1"

What's numbered?

Mr Master
Eh, wasn't trying to confuse anything so much as clear up where people keep popping up with that number from.

You said the Handbooks,
but it's actually Wiki.

Juntai
Like I said,

that info was coming from Wiki, not Comics.

What does this mean:

"It is actually first numbered in All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe 2006 A-Z #1"

What's numbered? The universe it happened in is first numerically identified in that handbook, according to it. It cites the book it gets the numbers from. Whether it be handbook or comic itself.

Juntai
You said the Handbooks,

but it's actually Wiki. However the wiki specifically numbers the various universes and cites the sources for the universes numerical appearance.

Mr Master
The universe it happened in is first numerically identified in that handbook, according to it. It cites the book it gets the numbers from. Whether it be handbook or comic itself.

It not true though,

I have the Handbook opened right in front of me,

I re-checked it, #1

No mention whatsoever of the Wiki claim.

Juntai
It not true though,

I have the Handbook opened right in front of me,

I re-checked it, #1

No mention whatsoever of the Wiki claim. *shrug* I was letting you know where it came from. I don't buy bios and handbooks personally.

Juntai

Juntai
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/akhenaton.htm

The bio specifically states universe 4321.

Juntai
It says in the comments at the bottom of the bio, that the exact book the wiki mentions, states The End and Akhenaten as happening in Universe 4321 as well.

Juntai
About 3 posts down, in this thread you identify the same website identifying the The End and it's events as an alternate universe, as an official source, and has been a site you like to refer to on more than one occasion. You even show how the Handbooks reference it in the link.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8397334&highlight=marvunapp.com+userid%3A88754#post8397334

Validus
lol @ this

Not a single mention of Braniac 5 or hell, any version of Braniac period? I spit on these lists.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
lol @ this

Not a single mention of Braniac 5 or hell, any version of Braniac period? I spit on these lists. Brainiac and family would be the entire top five if we included them?

cool

Mr Master
*shrug* I was letting you know where it came from. I don't buy bios and handbooks personally.

It doesn't come from Handbooks.

That was my contention.

I enjoy Handbooks now to strengthen On Panel evidence.

But On Panel>>>Handbooks

If it happened in a Handbook but not On Panel, it never happened IMO.

If it happened On Panel but not in a Handbook, it happened IMO.

If it happened in both, you can lose the argument.

Mr Master

Juntai
It doesn't come from Handbooks.

That was my contention.

I enjoy Handbooks now to strengthen On Panel evidence.

But On Panel>>>Handbooks

If it happened in a Handbook but not On Panel, it never happened IMO.

If it happened On Panel but not in a Handbook, it happened IMO.

If it happened in both, you can lose the argument. The Marvunapp.com site mentions the same Handbook detailing the events as Universe 4321, as I pointed out above. As well as the site itself being what you consider official source, as seen in the link, and show scans of how the Handbook treats the site.

The on panel doesn't seem to contradict nor support the handbook/marvunapp site. Thanos in another reality having similar experience doesn't seem valid enough, as iirc, there was a mention in one of the books around the time of the Infinity Gauntlet, of Thanos having done it in another universe as well as they formulated ideas on how to stop him.

Then Thanos referencing ultimate power in his solo series doesn't support nor deny it either, as 616 Universe had Thanos thinking he had the ultimate power a number of times as well. Considering himself God with the Gauntlet, and believing it was Gods power, as seen in the last few pages of Thanos Quest.

Mr Master
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/akhenaton.htm

The bio specifically states universe 4321.

For AK yes,

but not for the entire story.

Read the whole thing.

This is further proven in the actual HOTI and Celestial Order Bios they provide,

now the entire story revolves around the THOTI,

why wasn't it designated to Reality 4321?

In fact,

4321 is not even mentioned.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/celestialorderthanos.htm#Heart

Validus
Brainiac and family would be the entire top five if we included them?

cool
Correct.

Mr Master
The Marvunapp.com site mentions the same Handbook detailing the events as Universe 4321, as I pointed out above.

You haven't really pointed out anything though friend.

There is NO Handbook where the End takes place in Reality 4321.

In fact,

the Official Marvel Handbooks clearly referenced the Eternity in the END as the Prime Eternity,

the same Eternity Genis & Entropy killed.

As well as the site itself being what you consider official source, as seen in the link, and show scans of how the Handbook treats the site.

The site is Official,

but like I discovered,

Reality 4321 is in reference to AK, and no one else.

The on panel doesn't seem to contradict nor support the handbook/marvunapp site.

On Panel it's completely contradicted.

Thanos in another reality having similar experience doesn't seem valid enough, as iirc, there was a mention in one of the books around the time of the Infinity Gauntlet, of Thanos having done it in another universe as well as they formulated ideas on how to stop him.

If it's an Alternate Reality,

4321 Thanos would not be identical to 616.

If it had Diverged from 616, then the History of the characters would be the same.

But that isan't the case here is it?

I never saw a Watcher warning us about it,

like he does at the beginning with ALL Divergent Realities.

Then Thanos referencing ultimate power in his solo series doesn't support nor deny it either, as 616 Universe had Thanos thinking he had the ultimate power a number of times as well. Considering himself God with the Gauntlet, and believing it was Gods power, as seen in the last few pages of Thanos Quest.

On Panel and in the Official Bio and even Marvel.com (updates)

it was the Prime Reality in the END series.

On Panel and in the Official Bio and even Marvel.com>>>>Marvunapp

Mr Master
About 3 posts down, in this thread you identify the same website identifying the The End and it's events as an alternate universe, as an official source, and has been a site you like to refer to on more than one occasion. You even show how the Handbooks reference it in the link.

You're not doing anything wrong dude,

but you're mixing up the info and confusing yourself.

The link I provided concerning that Site, concerning the THOTI,

does not mention 4321 anywhere.

4321 is restricted to AK and his Origins from issue #1.

Juntai
For AK yes,

but not for the entire story.

Read the whole thing.

This is further proven in the actual HOTI and Celestial Order Bios they provide,

now the entire story revolves around the THOTI,

why wasn't it designated to Reality 4321?

In fact,

4321 is not even mentioned.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/celestialorderthanos.htm#Heart It doesn't say anything specifically about his origin happening in one place, and then the events happening in a different universe. Or maybe I'm not seeing what you are.

Or is it your idea that the Order decided to give AK the HOTI, and dimensional shifted him and his past to the 616 universe to do so?

While it doesn't say The Heart of the Infinite is in 4321 specifically, it also doesn't deny it. However, The End, as a result of the entry cited by that, in the comments, and the handbook as happening in the 4321 universe due to AK.

And you denied the mention it, while saying you had the source on-hand. Is the "Official Site" making stuff up now too, like the Wiki?

Mr Master
Repost - but it applies.

(I won't even bring out the tons of references made in the Thanos series

Mr Master
It doesn't say anything specifically about his origin happening in one place, and then the events happening in a different universe. Or maybe I'm not seeing what you are.

Or is it your idea that the Order decided to give AK the HOTI, and dimensional shifted him and his past to the 616 universe to do so?

Thanos gained THOTI ... LT joined champions across Reality ..

Thanos destroyed All that existed"

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6977/ltbtz7.th.jpg
(excerpt from the Official Marvel Handbook 2006 LT - Bio)

"Thanos claimed THOTI ... Eternity opposed ... Thanos destroyed All of Reality"

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3393/etbap1.th.jpg
(excerpt from the Official Marvel Handbook 2006 Eterntiy - Bio)

Also, notice the reference made to Genis and Entropy destroying the same Eternity.

Juntai
Thanos gained THOTI ... LT joined champions across Reality ..

Thanos destroyed All that existed"

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6977/ltbtz7.th.jpg
(excerpt from the Official Marvel Handbook 2006 LT - Bio)

"Thanos claimed THOTI ... Eternity opposed ... Thanos destroyed All of Reality"

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3393/etbap1.th.jpg
(excerpt from the Official Marvel Handbook 2006 Eterntiy - Bio)

Also, notice the reference made to Genis and Entropy destroying the same Eternity. I think it's all very convoluted to be honest.

Mr Master
This is the nail in the coffin as they say:

This is from Marvel.com 2007

as official as marvunapp may be,

this is MORE Official.

Here we are given all the CANON appearances made by the Prime Eternity.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Bibliography-AZ4

(Eternity)

Notice there is no Korvac erasing Eternity in that Divergent Reality,

or Eternity appearing to Strange, Phoenix and Surfer in another What-if, or Eternity's appearances in other Divergent or Alternate Realities.

Only Official Canon appearances,

correct,

the END is one of them.

Juntai
You're not doing anything wrong dude,

but you're mixing up the info and confusing yourself.

The link I provided concerning that Site, concerning the THOTI,

does not mention 4321 anywhere.

4321 is restricted to AK and his Origins from issue #1. Very well could be, is there evidence of the Celestial Order napping him from 4321, and then placing him, his past and newfound power into a different universe?

Mr Master
I think it's all very convoluted to be honest.

So you think Genis & Entropy destroyed Eternity 4321?

Juntai
This is the nail in the coffin as they say:

This is from Marvel.com 2007

as official as marvunapp may be,

this is MORE Official.

Here we are given all the CANON appearances made by the Prime Eternity.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Bibliography-AZ4

(Eternity)

Notice there is no Korvac erasing Eternity in that Divergent Reality,

or Eternity appearing to Strange, Phoenix and Surfer in another What-if, or Eternity's appearances in other Divergent or Alternate Realities.

Only Official Canon appearances,

correct,

the END is one of them. It says significant issues the character Eternity has appeared in. Doesn't state spefically 616 Eternity, nor does it claim it as the only official appearances.

Juntai
So you think Genis & Entropy destroyed Eternity 4321? Originally posted by Juntai
It says significant issues the character Eternity has appeared in. Doesn't state spefically 616 Eternity, nor does it claim it as the only official appearances.

Mr Master
is there evidence of the Celestial Order napping him from 4321, and then placing him, his past and newfound power into a different universe?

Actually there is. (but no mention of 4321 though)

I never knew that other Reality actually had a #, until just now, thanx to you. smile

Also AK decided to return to Earth on his own.

My Comics are on DVDs right now,

you'll have to give me some time, to upload and proceed.

Juntai
Oh, I see, you're speaking of Eternity's bio with Captain Marvel and The End. Interesting.

jrodslam
In no order.

Mr. Sinister
Dr. Doom
Nick Fury
Batman
Lex Luthor

Juntai
Actually there is. (but no mention of 4321 though)

I never knew that other Reality actually had a #, until just now, thanx to you. smile

Also AK decided to return to Earth on his own.

My Comics are on DVDs right now,

you'll have to give me some time, to upload and proceed. Marvel continuity makes my head hurt. sad

Mr Master
Oh, I see, you're speaking of Eternity's bio with Captain Marvel and The End. Interesting.

I was just about to repost that excerpt.

That in itself tells you it was the Prime Eternity.

Aside from On Panel in the END itself, Thanos letting us know by recollections.

Besides the many references in the Thanos series.

Besides the Other Abstract Bios.

Besides marunapp itself not designating THOTI or the Celestial Order Bios to 4321.

Is it a coincidence that only AK's Bio has any mention of this 4321?

AK who ruled another Reality before he arrived on 616?

I think not, it's pretty obvious.

Mr Master
Marvel continuity makes my head hurt. sad

Marvel pisses me off sometimes.

Not the PIS itself,

but the acceptance of it.

Juntai
I was just about to repost that excerpt.

That in itself tells you it was the Prime Eternity.

Aside from On Panel in the END itself, Thanos letting us know by recollections.

Besides the many references in the Thanos series.

Besides the Other Abstract Bios.

Besides marunapp itself not designating THOTI or the Celestial Order Bios to 4321.

Is it a coincidence that only AK's Bio has any mention of this 4321?

AK who ruled another Reality before he arrived on 616?

I think not, it's pretty obvious. Well I'd say the 4321 thing people keep bringing up is all but ironed out then.

Juntai
Marvel pisses me off sometimes.

Not the PIS itself,

but the acceptance of it. Eh, it's the nature of fictional stories, regardless of medium.

Big Sexy
Marvel continuity makes my head hurt. sad All comic continuity in general makes my head hurt.

Mr Master
Well I'd say the 4321 thing people keep bringing up is all but ironed out then.

smile

Now BW needs to be reminded.

Eh, it's the nature of fictional stories, regardless of medium.

Can't argue with that.

His Airness
Originally posted by Validus
lol @ this

Not a single mention of Braniac 5 or hell, any version of Braniac period? I spit on these lists.

So because I'm black you spit on my list? glare

Power Cosmic
Loki and Mephisto are good ones as well.

Avalonofthewind

Mr Master

Avalonofthewind
I don't give Thanos the edge because of THOTI,

because in fact,

Thanos was manipulated into that position by the "Almighty" himself.

Thanos's acquisition of the Gems is more impressive imo.

His involvement in Infinity War was more impressive aswell imo.

But one part of the END that stands out,

is when Thanos realizes that Doom is the most efficient being on Earth in terms of Tech and preparation,

Thanos did go on to add,

that he was beyond Doom.

He solidified this when we discover Doom secretly spying on everyone,

and actually figuring out how to stop Akahanaten,

guess who's spying on Doom though?

I don know if this neccesarily makes Thanos a better prepped being...in the sense that Thanos and Doomś goals are different in a sense. Doom could care less about Thanos...if Doom figured that he had to somehow take out Thanos to achieve some kind of greater end...I pretty sure the storyline wouldn be much different in regards to Doom keeping an eye on Thanos.

The fact that Thanos even worries about Doom is impressive on Dooms end considering that since Doom is more interested in earthly matters than in universal ones like Thanos is.

Thanos's prep capabilities are greater than Doom's imo.

But what makes Doom more impressive imo,

is the fact that he's just a mortal man, (with some mystical knowledge)

who has accomplished goals that nearly or do rival Thanos'.

Which is exactly why I place Doom just above Thanos *prep* wise.

Galan007
Thanos did go on to add,

that he was beyond Doom.

He solidified this when we discover Doom secretly spying on everyone,

and actually figuring out how to stop Akahanaten,

guess who's spying on Doom though? If person 'A' has a tape player from the early 90's, while person 'B' has a brand new iPod Nano...

Is person 'B' automatically more intelligent, just because he has the most "high-tech" piece of equipment? erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
If person 'A' has a tape player from the early 90's, while person 'B' has a brand new iPod Nano...

Is person 'B' automatically more intelligent, just because he has the most "high-tech" piece of equipment? erm

If both of them build their stuff then yes.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
If person 'A' has a tape player from the early 90's, while person 'B' has a brand new iPod Nano...

Is person 'B' automatically more intelligent, just because he has the most "high-tech" piece of equipment? erm Not if person A can use bubble gum, the spring from a click-pen and a toothpick to turn his tape deck into a high powered explosive. And defeat the enemy, or solve the problem.

Symmetric Chaos
Not if person A can use bubble gum, the spring from a click-pen and a toothpick to turn his tape deck into a high powered explosive. And defeat the enemy, or solve the problem.

PreCrisis and MacGyuver feats aren't valid ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.