What does DC have in plan for new Movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy
I know about Wonder Woman and another Superman and Barman movie but am I missing anything else?

Darth Macabre
I'm pretty sure the Superman movie has been scraped for a "Justice League" movie instead. And Wonder Woman is pretty stagnant at this point, since Whedon dropped out. A "Shazam" movie is in the works, too, I think; I've heard that The Rock is in discussion about playing Captain Marvel.

spidey-dude
whose barman ?

Kazenji
I wond'nt mind seeing another Hellblazer/constantine movie

The Prophecy
Originally posted by spidey-dude
whose barman ?

sorry I meant batman

roughrider
What is definite: sequels to Superman Returns, Batman Begins, Constantine, and finally this summer - Watchmen.

In pre-production of some kind: Captain Marvel, The Flash

Being proposed: Justice League, Green Arrow, Doom Patrol

In limbo: Wonder Woman, Green Lantern

Juntai
THe Spirit and Ronin, both at the moment seemed to helmed by Frank Miller. He also is in talks about making a film adaption of Dark Knight Returns from what I gather.

roughrider
I forgot to mention Ronin. That's a go.

The Spirit isn't owned by DC, however.

lordboo
watchmen movie is a big mistake imo,the story is too long/big to fit into film.on the superman sequel i read a rumour in a magazine, doomsday is gonna be the villain.

roughrider
Originally posted by lordboo
watchmen movie is a big mistake imo,the story is too long/big to fit into film.on the superman sequel i read a rumour in a magazine, doomsday is gonna be the villain.

They made a very good movie out of V For Vendetta, squeezing ten issues into two plus hours. Watchmen is twelve issues - not impossible.

Haven't heard anything about Doomsday for the next Superman. Not sure about him - we had a near-death and recovery at the end of Superman Returns. Why have the same sequence again in the next film?

Kazenji
Apparantly alan moore the creator says the watchman movie is impossible because theres things that happen in the in it which is very hard to translate to film.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
Apparantly alan moore the creator says the watchman movie is impossible because theres things that happen in the in it which is very hard to translate to film.

Alan Moore says a lot of things, and David Lloyd rebuked him for being so petty over V For Vendetta. Many works have this rep of being impossible to translate to the big screen - The Lord Of The Rings, Naked Lunch etc. - but they can be done successfully. Just have the right person in charge.

lordboo
Originally posted by roughrider
They made a very good movie out of V For Vendetta, squeezing ten issues into two plus hours. Watchmen is twelve issues - not impossible.

Haven't heard anything about Doomsday for the next Superman. Not sure about him - we had a near-death and recovery at the end of Superman Returns. Why have the same sequence again in the next film?
most super heroe movies have some sort of danger facing the heroes or threatening their life.

NoFate007
I think they might be going with Brainiac and Luthor for the next one. Then hopefully we'll get a third with Doomsday. I just hope that they do the version of Brainiac that resembled HAL 9000...that one is so much cooler than a green alien with a purple jumpsuit lol.

Juntai
Neil Gaiman's Stardust is also on the way later this year.

mr.smiley
I hope they leave Lex Luthor out of the next Superman movie.I would realy like to see someone or something else.

Condor
Ryan Reynolds wants to do Flash, he's a fan and I think he'd be quite good in the role.

charlemagne9746
Would they ever have Darkseid in a Superman or Justice League film?

MattDay
possibly, problem is that it would be a two parter, so if they do, they'd need to build up a story in the second superman then have them fight in the third with a possible doomsday thrown in to have a massive smack down (my little input)

Kazenji
Alan Moore says a lot of things, and David Lloyd rebuked him for being so petty over V For Vendetta.

I know, Alan more is a ****ing grumpy old man when it comes to turning his works into films.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by lordboo
on the superman sequel i read a rumour in a magazine, doomsday is gonna be the villain. That would be so cool, but would probably be pretty hard to make into a film character.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
but would probably be pretty hard to make into a film character.

Thats what they said about doctor octopus and sandman laughing

MatthewDwight
Future DC movies-
*Stardust - From the creator of Sandman.
*Sgt. Rock - The World War II hero.
*Watchmen - Based on the the masterpiece by Alan Moore
*Doom Patrol
*The Flash
*Wonder Woman - I hope they can make this a respectable movie

MatthewDwight
Originally posted by Kazenji
I know, Alan more is a ****ing grumpy old man when it comes to turning his works into films.

You have no right to see the movie, if you have no respect for the writer.

Juntai
Originally posted by MatthewDwight
Future DC movies-
*Stardust - From the creator of Sandman.
*Sgt. Rock - The World War II hero.
*Watchmen - Based on the the masterpiece by Alan Moore
*Doom Patrol
*The Flash
*Wonder Woman - I hope they can make this a respectable movie Teen Titans
and Metal Men

roughrider
I haven't heard anything about Sgt. Rock since 1988, when Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to play him, then Bruce Willis. Nada since.

Before people get too excited about the Teen Titans annoucement, keep in mind being annouced is no gurantee of being made. And the man behind it is Akiva Goldsmith, the writer who turned Batman into a laughingstock with BATMAN FOREVER & BATMAN & ROBIN. And, he has LOST IN SPACE on his resume too. sick He's been linked to Doom Patrol as well - Doom Patrol never really took off as a comic; why would a film do any better?

Juntai
I haven't heard anything about Sgt. Rock since 1988, when Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to play him, then Bruce Willis. Nada since.

Before people get too excited about the Teen Titans annoucement, keep in mind being annouced is no gurantee of being made. And the man behind it is Akiva Goldsmith, the writer who turned Batman into a laughingstock with BATMAN FOREVER & BATMAN & ROBIN. And, he has LOST IN SPACE on his resume too. sick He's been linked to Doom Patrol as well - Doom Patrol never really took off as a comic; why would a film do any better? Doom Patrol might not have gotten the sales, but many real comic fans appreciate the work Grant Morrison put on them. Remember; the masses are sheep. Check out the numbers X Men 3 did, for example, and compare it to Batman Begins - a far superior movie. Numbers don't equal quality. Some of Allan Moores work also didn't take off like someone would think. I know dozens of comic fans, in fact, I work with about 10 of them who collect currently...and I only know ONE who has actually read V for Vendetta.. Me.

Endless Mike
A Sandman movie would be good

Juntai
Originally posted by Endless Mike
A Sandman movie would be good Eh, I think it would more fall in line with a HBO series or something. Either an ongoing, or preferably in the vein of Band of Brothers.

roughrider
Originally posted by Juntai
Doom Patrol might not have gotten the sales, but many real comic fans appreciate the work Grant Morrison put on them. Remember; the masses are sheep. Check out the numbers X Men 3 did, for example, and compare it to Batman Begins - a far superior movie. Numbers don't equal quality. Some of Allan Moores work also didn't take off like someone would think. I know dozens of comic fans, in fact, I work with about 10 of them who collect currently...and I only know ONE who has actually read V for Vendetta.. Me.

Doom Patrol came out exactly the same time as X-Men did, and seemed to suffer from similarity. It would take another decade for X-Men to rule the world of comic sales; Doom Patrol comes and goes in fits. Grant Morrison certainly made his name with it, but without him it just fell back to the pack, where it's stayed for over a decade.

the comic kid
wish they would pull their heads out and kick wonder woman, green lantern, and flash, INTO GEAR.

roughrider
Originally posted by MatthewDwight
You have no right to see the movie, if you have no respect for the writer.

I certainly respect Alan Moore as a writer. But it doesn't stop me calling him miserly and miserable.

grey fox
I certainly respect Alan Moore as a writer. But it doesn't stop me calling him miserly and miserable.

Same here, the mans a genius but a bit of a douche when it comes to other people man-handling his work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.