Spiderman, Batman, Wolverine, Storm and Iceman runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumanMovieGuide
I know alot more about the movies than the comics so everyone here is from the movies. The team is Batman (Christian Bale), Spiderman, Wolverine and Storm from X1 and Iceman from X2. Batman is fully equipped (minus batmobile) and has a medkit to patch up his teammates in between fights. No use of cure needles. They get one hour's rest in between each fight and the battle ground is New York City night time. How far do they go?

1. Nomak (reaper character from Blade 2)
2. Daredevil and Elektra (from Daredevil film)
3. Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader and Reinhardt (Ron Pearlman's character from Blade 2) fully equipped
4. Selene at the end of Underworld Evolution fully equipped and Venom
5. Blade and Hellboy (Ron Pearlman back and badder than ever) both fully equipped
6. T-Rex and two velicaraptors from Jurassic Park
7. King Kong (2005)
8. Predator from 1st film w/ 2nd film weapons and Queen Alien (Note: Predator won't be toying around this time like it did with Arnie's commando elite team)
9. Robocop w/ M9, machine gun and cobra assault cannon and Robocop 2 (both assigned to destroy opponents)
10. T-800, T-1000, T-X w/ chain gun, grenade launcher, assault rifle, MP5, auto shotgun and a handgun

jrodslam
The team doesnt make it past 3.

Actually, Episode 3 Skywalker should be further down the list imo.

HumanMovieGuide
Where do you suggest Skywalker/ Vader should be at?

braz
Good gauntlet. I would say they stop at 3 though, but would beat everyone else.

jrodslam
Originally posted by HumanMovieGuide
Where do you suggest Skywalker/ Vader should be at?

Well me personally would put Skywalker somewhere towards the bottom of the list. Hes used to the lightning and force powers are a b**ch to beat un less you have tk yourself which none fo the team does. Plus he has a ls, so that makes things extra hard for them.

HumanMovieGuide
Ya a Jedi with both lightsabre and force powers on his side is going to be tough to beat. He never used force lightning in the movies though, that was only Palpatine and Dooku. Are you taking his teammate in consideration too, or just Skywalker/ Vader alone?

Really? You believe Skywalker is the only threat on the gauntlet? I think you're seriously underestimating 6 to 10. And lets not forget which movies Batman, Wolverine, Storm and Iceman are from.

braz
Ya a Jedi with both lightsabre and force powers on his side is going to be tough to beat. He never used force lightning in the movies though, that was only Palpatine and Dooku. Are you taking his teammate in consideration too, or just Skywalker/ Vader alone?

Really? You believe Skywalker is the only threat on the gauntlet? I think you're seriously underestimating 6 to 10. And lets not forget which movies Batman, Wolverine, Storm and Iceman are from.

I think Iceman and Storm alone can handle 6 and 7. And IMO 8, 9 & 10 shouldnt be too much of a problem with Spiderman too, not to mention Wolverine and Batman.

Board Walker
Is this Current Luke Skywalker? Hes at around Herald Level.

jrodslam

I wasnt bringing up him using the lightning. I was mentioning him being able to defend against it because hes faced someone with lightning abilities already.

His teammate does help a bit with the weapons, but its mainly Skywalkers battle to win.

jrodslam
Originally posted by braz
I think Iceman and Storm alone can handle 6 and 7. And IMO 8, 9 & 10 shouldnt be too much of a problem with Spiderman too, not to mention Wolverine and Batman.

I agree with what yousaid about 6 and 7, but 8, 9 and 10 are gonna be realy tough to those who dont miss like Robo and Cain. Also the pred wont be seen by Spidey, Wolvie, Iceman nor Batman, so a Pred with cloak and netgun could cause much much damage.

Either way, no way in hell they clear it.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Board Walker
Is this Current Luke Skywalker? Hes at around Herald Level.

Anakin Skywalker. Lukes father.

mykke
Id agree with skywalker being the only threat in this gauntlet, hes pretty much a low tier herald in power, add a light saber and he should take out spiderman and batman instantly, iceman will be last man standing but will fall eventually if this is movie iceman, comic iceman(full potential) cannot be killed really so he would live

Space M ummy
are you kidding me? comic iceman can clear everything up to robocop by himself, and even then it's debatable whether or not Robocop's organic parts would be susceptible.

1.) vs. Nomak: Nomak is organic. Flash freeze then shatter.

2.) vs. Daredevil and elektra- what are they going to do, punch him? Flash freeze, instant death to human tissue.

3.) vs. Anakin skywalker- anakin at his best has been taken out by less than iceman. light sabers vs. iceman are useless, and again...anakin is still human. the levels of cold iceman can generate is instant death to human tissue. unless anakin/darth can end this battle in less than a second with a crazy force power I don't know about (unlikely) Iceman wins again here. As for the guy from blade 2: shooting iceman with bullets is pointless, if he even gets that far. he's out instantly.

4.) Selene at the end of underworld wasn't really all that powerful. again, what power does she have that's effective against a massive block of living ice? Vampires need blood. iceman freezes it all, drops a 20 ton block of ice on her. game over.

5.) See #4. I'm going by movie hellboy...maybe comic is more durable, but again, with no energy manipulation or psionics, he doesn't have any real way to hurt iceman.

6.) lol. Reptiles are cold blooded. lowering the temperature, not even freezing them, will drastically slow down or even kill them. I don't even know why these things are at #6.

7.) King Kong: like a big, oversized human that still needs moisture to live. dead.

8.) Predator is easier than you think. Iceman can detect beings by their heat signatures, so the cloaking won't work. In contrast, bobby screwing with his own temperature or that of his environment WILL render him invisible from a pred.

Aliens are a bit tougher, but the acid blood isn't really a threat as he can simply reform any melted body parts, and in the unlikely event they're not susceptible to cold, simply brute force pounding with gigantic ice fists will do the job.

9.) It only really gets hard here because there's no concrete evidence either way that the two robots are susceptible to freeze attacks. Robocop 1 DOES have an organic brain and a good bit of organic tissue, Robocop 2 does as well but it's a lot less and may be shielded.
Freezing the air around them both to immobilize them would definitely work, though.

10.) this is even easier than #9. the T-800 is heavily organic, and easy to immobilize. it's not especially strong or durable. the T-1000 is VERY, VERY susceptible to cold- we saw it effected by liquid nitrogen in T-2. it's out almost instantly. The T-X is more competition as it's a lot more versatile in it's weaponry, but bobby's taken out sentinels which are a lot more advanced.

Iceman clears this by himself, instantly killing or immobilizing just about everything here in a few short minutes.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Space M ummy
are you kidding me? comic iceman can clear everything up to robocop by himself, and even then it's debatable whether or not Robocop's organic parts would be susceptible.

1.) vs. Nomak: Nomak is organic. Flash freeze then shatter.

2.) vs. Daredevil and elektra- what are they going to do, punch him? Flash freeze, instant death to human tissue.

3.) vs. Anakin skywalker- anakin at his best has been taken out by less than iceman. light sabers vs. iceman are useless, and again...anakin is still human. the levels of cold iceman can generate is instant death to human tissue. unless anakin/darth can end this battle in less than a second with a crazy force power I don't know about (unlikely) Iceman wins again here. As for the guy from blade 2: shooting iceman with bullets is pointless, if he even gets that far. he's out instantly.

4.) Selene at the end of underworld wasn't really all that powerful. again, what power does she have that's effective against a massive block of living ice? Vampires need blood. iceman freezes it all, drops a 20 ton block of ice on her. game over.

5.) See #4. I'm going by movie hellboy...maybe comic is more durable, but again, with no energy manipulation or psionics, he doesn't have any real way to hurt iceman.

6.) lol. Reptiles are cold blooded. lowering the temperature, not even freezing them, will drastically slow down or even kill them. I don't even know why these things are at #6.

7.) King Kong: like a big, oversized human that still needs moisture to live. dead.

8.) Predator is easier than you think. Iceman can detect beings by their heat signatures, so the cloaking won't work. In contrast, bobby screwing with his own temperature or that of his environment WILL render him invisible from a pred.

Aliens are a bit tougher, but the acid blood isn't really a threat as he can simply reform any melted body parts, and in the unlikely event they're not susceptible to cold, simply brute force pounding with gigantic ice fists will do the job.

9.) It only really gets hard here because there's no concrete evidence either way that the two robots are susceptible to freeze attacks. Robocop 1 DOES have an organic brain and a good bit of organic tissue, Robocop 2 does as well but it's a lot less and may be shielded.
Freezing the air around them both to immobilize them would definitely work, though.

10.) this is even easier than #9. the T-800 is heavily organic, and easy to immobilize. it's not especially strong or durable. the T-1000 is VERY, VERY susceptible to cold- we saw it effected by liquid nitrogen in T-2. it's out almost instantly. The T-X is more competition as it's a lot more versatile in it's weaponry, but bobby's taken out sentinels which are a lot more advanced.

Iceman clears this by himself, instantly killing or immobilizing just about everything here in a few short minutes.

Looks like someone didnt read the OP. The characters are MOVIE VERSIONS.big grin

guy222
I know alot more about the movies than the comics so everyone here is from the movies. The team is Batman (Christian Bale), Spiderman, Wolverine and Storm from X1 and Iceman from X2. Batman is fully equipped (minus batmobile) and has a medkit to patch up his teammates in between fights. No use of cure needles. They get one hour's rest in between each fight and the battle ground is New York City night time. How far do they go?

1. Nomak (reaper character from Blade 2)
2. Daredevil and Elektra (from Daredevil film)
3. Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader and Reinhardt (Ron Pearlman's character from Blade 2) fully equipped
4. Selene at the end of Underworld Evolution fully equipped and Venom
5. Blade and Hellboy (Ron Pearlman back and badder than ever) both fully equipped
6. T-Rex and two velicaraptors from Jurassic Park
7. King Kong (2005)
8. Predator from 1st film w/ 2nd film weapons and Queen Alien (Note: Predator won't be toying around this time like it did with Arnie's commando elite team)
9. Robocop w/ M9, machine gun and cobra assault cannon and Robocop 2 (both assigned to destroy opponents)
10. T-800, T-1000, T-X w/ chain gun, grenade launcher, assault rifle, MP5, auto shotgun and a handgun

They complete it w/ease

HumanMovieGuide
I think the best thing for me to do here is first go over the teams here and why I chose them, so everyone will have a better idea of this gauntlet.

Lets begin with the team running the gauntlet. I must emphasize that this is the MOVIE VERSION of the characters, not their comic counterparts. It's also important to know which movies they're from.

Spiderman- The all around best fighter from the team. The one everyone has to watch out for.

Batman- This is the one from Batman Begins. He's the best skilled fighter in the team and has nifty weapons. But his equipment is the least advanced compared to the other Batmans.

Wolverine- It's the X-men members that people seem to have the most ignorance about here. This Wolvie is the one from X-1, not the T-1000 Wolverine from X-3. His healing is alot slower and he's able to get knocked out cold with a log to the face. On top of that his fighting skills aren't very good. He does however is still able to withstand the most punishment in the team.

Storm- Like Wolverine, this is the Storm from X-1. I'm skeptical a woman who has trouble taking on Toad even with Cyclops's and Jean's help will be able to clear 6 and 7 on her own. Her fight skills are probably zero. Her wind and flight powers don't appear too impressive here, and she can't shoot lightning out of her hands yet. One good thing is that she can still make lightning strike down. Though takes her some time to do so.

Iceman- This is Bobby from X-2. I added him here for extra support but he's the least effective member in the team in my eyes. He can't ice up yet and not only is his fight skills probably zero too, but doesn't have any fight experience either. What did he even do in X-2 besides run away from Strykers' men?

Now for the opposing team. I'll omit team 3 because every knows they're tough, and team 2 just because they'll low on the list.

Nomak- Watch his fight with Blade (sorry I'm new, so I can't post links yet) You try and tell me which members of the team would be able to withstand a beating like that with maybe the exception of Parker and Logan. Not to mention getting neck bite and drained of blood will slow down team members quite effectively. His strength and speed exceeds that of everyone except Parker. Should I also remind you guys that reapers and vampires have fast healing? I might be thinking of ommiting the infection part because having to fight team members who been turned to reapers and vampires is a bit cheap.

Selene at end of UE and Venom- For anyone who hadn't seen Underworld Evolution, but saw the first one, remember Michael when he became the hybrid? And Remember that elder that was shown drinking werewolf blood and will become a hybrid at the end? Well his name is Marcus, and by the end of the second film this is how the three characters rank in hand to hand combat alone.

Selene > Marcus > Michael

Now add the weapons she'll carry and you get a idea how tough an enemy she'll be. Not to mention once the team members go against guys with guns it becomes more difficult. Spiderman, Batman and Wolverine might find a way around it, but it's the other two that will have problems against firearms. Storm and Iceman aren't bulletproof, nor can they dodge bullets. Add the 3 reaper/vampire advantages (I think she's even stronger than Nomak) and you have an idea what she can do. I hadn't watch Spiderman 3 yet (I will this Sunday) to know exactly what are Venom's capabilities. Though I heard he's pretty tough for a beginner on the threads about him.

Blade and Hellboy- Blade by the 3rd film pwned everyone he fought, even the powerful Drake didn't put up much of a fight. He's basically about on par with UE Selene in fighting. Don't forget about the 3 reaper/vampire advantages. Now Hellboy may not be as skilled as his teammate in fighting or as fast, but his higher durability and strength makes up for it. He may not have fast healing, but having a body that can't get burnt comes in handy when you have alot of firery/explosive weaponry. Unlike the previous team, both of these guys have weapons at their disposal, and they're quite skilled with them too.

T-Rex and 2 velociraptors- Okay now it begins to become a new ball game. The team will have to lay alot more damage than previously before and there's a good chance anyone of them can get one hit KO'd from now on. Now you people are probably thinking Wolverine's adamantium will protect him right? Will his adamantium are laced over his bones, but not his joints. Meaning if they grabbed onto a body part and begins pulling, will bones will stay but his joints won't. Wolverine going to lose a body part. Are you people aware that animals are naturally more stronger, durable and resilient than humans? It takes a lot of shots from high powered rifles to take down a bear, can you imagine what's required to take down a T-rex? I should also mention this T-rex doesn't have the silly motion vision that was added to the film. Don't let the size fool you, T-rexes are very fast. Remember how in the first film the T-rex almost caught the jeep, but was slowed down by the fallen tree? Now velociraptors aren't stupid. According to the film they're smarter than any living animal except humans and quite possibly faster than cheetas. They know great tactics like how when they sneak attacked the humans in the tall grass in the second film, and when one of them distracted a hunter while the other went around and killed him in the first film. Only this time they have a T-rex to keep the others distracted.

King Kong (2005)- Fought 3 T-rexes at the same time and won, need I say more. Just like rex, Kong is also very fast. Remember how it got ahead of Adrien Brody in the taxi? The team's best offensive against these two prehistoric beast is to use Storm's lightning strikes, and that's off course assuming she doesn't miss.

HumanMovieGuide
continued...

Predator from first film and Queen Alien- Predator on it's own is going to give these guys hell. They'll first have to even know where their enemy is. Now do you guys remember how in the movie the elite commandos pwned the guerilla soldiers? Also remember how Mac (Bill Duke) and Blaine (Jesse Ventura) were telling that story of the two of them going into a fire fight with dozens of soldiers and they were the only two left standing? Well all of that is to show how inferior regular soldiers are compared to Arnie's elite team. Then the rest of the film is to show how that elite team is inferior to the predator. Arnie may had stopped the predator at the end but that was only due to several factors:

1. He's Arnold, he kills everything he fights. This is the same guy who can single handily take out entire armies, terrorist organizations and much worse.

2. The predator was toying with the elite team. Which he's not doing in this fight I should add.

3. A stroke of luck at the end. It should also be noted this predator is the only thing that ever pwned a human Arnie this badly

This predator might have the best combat skills out of anything on this list. The plasma caster is damn powerful. If you ever seen the final battle, watch the scene where predator begins shooting repeatedly into the trees. The explosions kept getting bigger to a point where they're massive. Now add the part of how this predator has the arsenal from the second film. Which adds a fork shaped cutting blade they shoot out. A net which begins to cut into it's prey. An advanced spear, and a boomerang blade capable of cutting through 4 frozen cows corpse and Gary Busey with ease. And lets not forget the selfdestruct mechanism capable of nuking 300 city blocks. Though I might think of ommiting this one because it's too cheap. Predators have enhanced sound, are capable of zooming in on targets, have motion tracking capabilities if targets ever tries to hide and lock on targeting. Someone said earlier that Iceman can avoid being seen by icing up? Well even if he can (this one can't) it still might not help. Gary Busey's team wore suits that mask their body heat, predator found them. Aliens don't show up on infrared at all and predators still found them. The pred's vision would also enable it see which areas of Wolverine is unprotected. And unlike the dumb@$$es who fought Logan in the past, pred would go after those weak spots. Incase anyone is wondering, the vital three areas that the adamantium skeleton does not protect are the stomach, which is connect to every vital organ in the body minus the brain. Under the jaw, and the eye sockets which lead directly to, you guessed, the last vital organ the predator can destroy.

Now for both of the queen alien's and pred's physical feats. It takes heavy machine gun fire to damage ol' preddy. Arnie required TWO grenade explosions to finally get it bleeding. And it's debatable whether the queen's durability and strength is greater than that of Kong's and T-rex's. The alien species are the perfect organism. They can adapt to survive in extreme enviroments including the vacuum of space! There's a high chance that it's not possible to biologically kill an alien. And there's also a high chance both alien and predator might have limitless energy, meaning they're never going to get tired.

The best way to kill an alien with extreme heat is when they're little and hadn't develop the exoskeleton. After the exo they gain resistance. It was shown that dropping ten tons of molten lead (how hot do you think that is?) will not kill and alien. Extreme cold won't work either. Both predator and alien were shot with alot of liquid nitrogen and all it did was piss them off. The queen alien infact had been completely frozen before, once the ice began to melt it came back alive. Predators have shown to have an opposite effect to electricity than Earth creatures. It was struck by lightning twice and seemed to enjoy it. Uncertain how much electricity can harm an alien, but going by it's track record, it's not going to do much. Then there's the acid blood, which in the first film a drop from a facehugger can melt through 3 floors (7 layers I was told) of a metal ship.

Now aliens and predators have more than shown they're capable of ripping steel apart. They also have speeds and climbing abilities that can exceed that of Spiderman's. Hey Spidey, aliens can stick on walls too. Just for the record, no one has ever fought a queen alien and successfully killed it. It was sucked into outer space in the first fight but was still alive. Then it was dragged to the bottom of the ocean in the second fight but was still alive. That method won't work in this fight. Since no one from Spiderman's team, with except maybe Spidey if he web slinged are capable of moving 50+ mph, 6,7 and 8 can annihilate the team before they even have a chance to use any effective offense. By the way, anyone care to guess which members of Spidey's team offensive is useless in this fight?

Robocop and Robocop 2- At this point the team is going to need offensive atleast as powerful as explosions to win. Murphy's and Cain's armour is extremely strong. Cain can withstand numerous cobra assault cannon rounds, falling off the roof of the massive OCP highrise, a boiler room explosion, endless gun fire, and getting rammed with an ACP. And all of that didn't even seem to do any visible damage! Robocop withstood the highrise fall and boiler room explosion as well and the only visible damage were the ones done by Cain. Now add in zoom in capabilities, motion trackers and the best targeting systems money can buy. Once they lock onto target, they don't even have to see their target to nail them. Do I even have to say how strong are these two? The only possible way either of these two can even feel pain is if you could get to their organ's which to do that you have to get through that armour I was talking about. But I honestly think they're going to have enough trouble avoiding Murphy's and Cain's barrage. Which as I stated well be rounds from machine guns, cobra assault cannons and the M9 in Murphy's leg. Cain as far as we know carries that powerful@$$ shoulder cannon which was one of the things that managed to damaged Murphy's armour and the devistating chain gun.

T-800, T-1000, T-X- If by some miracle the team makes it this far, and don't pass out to their previous injuries, this what they'll be up against. Terminators do not need food, water, rest and will never get tired. If not damaged, the T-800's power core will last 125 yrs before dying out. Unlike the other teams, it's not possible for them to feel pain. They're targeting, motion trackers and sight is just as good as the previous team. Their strength and armour is just as good as the previous team. To top that off, X-1 Wolverine's regeneration is inferior to T-1000's and T-X's regeneration. Someone said you can freeze T-1000, well didn't he came back after the ice melted? Now add in the factor T-1000 and T-X can shapeshift, they can easily get the team by surprise. Add the other fact T-X can take control of other machine's (remember this is New York we're in). Now put in the weapons the team will have to get past. Which is a chain gun, a grenade launcher, an assault rifle, an MP5, an auto shotgun and a handgun just incase. Not to mention the T-X's future arsenal. Oh ya, anyone remembers who happens to be the T-800? That's right! The guy that successfully kills everything he goes up against.

braz
I agree now that they wouldnt clear it, but for the dinosaurs and King Kong, you explained how badass they are and I believe it but it still doesnt thwart Iceman from being able to turn all 4 of them into popcicles. erm Or Storm attacking from a distance in the air and sucking them into a whirlwind of tornadoes. As for 8, 9 and 10, I would say they would lose, but they'd put up a decent fight. Remember, Spiderman has his Spidey sense which would protect him from an unexpected blast from the plasma cannon, but IMO they'd eventually die mainly because of the Queen. As for 9, Im not really up to date on Cain and Robo but I do know theyre robots made of steel, and Wolverine would probably be a big help slashing them to bits with his adamantium claws if he somehow manages to get in close that is. Maybe Spiderman could distract them while Wolverine does that, Idunno. For 10, they all die horrible deaths though. no

HumanMovieGuide
Well glad to see you have a better idea of the gauntlet. I also have to ask, I might consider making a few changes on 3-5 depending on the replies. What do you think of switching 3 with simply Darth Maul?

Braz I agree that Iceman and Storm would be the key players in 6 and 7, but a few things though. Storm in X1 wasn't able to make tornadoes yet. Her wind power was those gust of winds that blew the likes of Toad and Wolverine. Iceman in X2 will have to touch 6 and 7 to turn them into ice. That gets a little dangerous since T-rex and Kong can easily squish him. You'll really have to think about the raptors in 6. Neither Bobby or Ororo have fast reflexes, if they get sneak attacked, it's over for them. As you stated though Storm can go airborn to avoid the attacks. Not so much Bobby. Luckily for them they do have 3 other teammates here. When up against Kong there's two new things here.

1. Kong can climb up the buildings to get to Storm, and there's no way X1 Storm's dinky little flying is going to get away from Kong.

2. You also have to consider the things in New York King Kong can, and probably will be throwing at them. Not sure what Bobby and Ororo can do when airborn cars and trucks are coming their way.

As for the predator/queen alien fight, you should check out how powerful the explosions from the plasma caster got in the final fight. But you're right Parker with Spidey sense + super agility + web slinging would be able to evade the blasts. How well do you think Spidey will do though when he actually has to fight the pred? Keeping track of something that can outmanuver you and is cloak is going to be hard enough. For that matter what kind of offense can they even use on them? Iceman's and Storm's attacks will be as effective as someone using a flamethrower on Hellboy. Doubt Bruce's kung fu and batarangs will do anything. Wolverine hack and slash method is the worst thing you can try on these things. Spidey could try out something, but the odds are against him.

Small correction on Murphy and Cain. They aren't made of steel. According to the film they're made of titanium coated with kevlar with maybe a few other things. It's much, much stronger than steel.

A few other things I forget to mention about the terminators. They have detailed files about pretty much everything. That's why they can operate and repair anything. Among those files are information about the human body. Knowledge on where are vital areas, key nerve points, how the body works and stuff like that. Also remember how I said 6, 7 and 8 can get to the team before they can do any effective offense? Will T-1000 and T-X aren't exactly slow pokes either.

Darth Martin
This is one awswome gauntlet man. Original.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Team gets through and wins.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Team gets through and wins. You do know these are versions from certain movies right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.