Reptile Vs. Sagat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Muck101
This matchup seemed to be one of the favored in my Team Sorcery vs Team Psychopower thread. Go!

fanboy 1988
This would be a good fight, although I can't say with 100% certainty but I think Sagat would take it.. he's got great stand up skills and can shoot a few energy waves of his own...

2D_MASTER
Sagat is on the top tier of fighters (just below the bosses) in SF. He is higher than Ryu. I say Sagat can kick his arse. Reptile has allways been a little fish in th MK universe. While Sagat is one of the badasses of SF.

King Nothing
What has Reptile done to stand in the presence of Sagat?

FistOfThe North
I thought you meant Reptile from "Soul Caliber".

PiruBlood
reptile would crush sagat. wtf you kids smoking. reptile has acid spit and stealth wile sagat shoots off blue balls.

FistOfThe North
My bad. The fighter in "Soul Caliber" is not called reptile. It's "Lizardman".

Got confused.

Muck101
Reptile hasn't gotten much attention in the MK universe, I'll grant you that. But really, you need to look at what he is obviously capable of. Just because it hasn't happened yet in MK, doesnt mean reptile can't hold his own with some of the higher-ups. Now, a match for Raiden or Shang Tsung he is not, but I think he'd be able to take on Goro for instance and come out on top. Goro is to MK what Sagat is to SF, I think. Reptile stands at the very least a 6/10 chance due to his abilities, specifically cammo, and the whole acid thing.

Violent K
Reptile pwns Sagat. People in MK universe could survive acid, but I don't think Sagat could.

judgement hand
yeah reptile would just turn invisible, and cook sagat's face with acid.

~ the acid spitting hand of judgement

FistOfThe North
Hey. Sagat did get burned and scarred (on his chest) and came back better than ever.

olympian
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Sagat is on the top tier of fighters (just below the bosses) in SF. He is higher than Ryu. I say Sagat can kick his arse. Reptile has allways been a little fish in th MK universe. While Sagat is one of the badasses of SF.

A little fish?

He was the main general of Khan`s forces.

Joe K
Bon sagat kez_03

Violent K
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Hey. Sagat did get burned and scarred (on his chest) and came back better than ever.

Was those acid? The ones that can burn all of your body into noting seconds.

Burnt Pancakes
Wait wait wait...

You people think that Sagat can't take acid, yet theSF fighters shrug off Hadoken's left and right. Need I remind you that a Hadoken is essentialyy a ball of white-hot energy... Sagat takes this.

T-i-i-i-i-gerrr UPPERCUT, ftw.

Sado22
erm
and, officially, it feels like being hit by a well laid kick. heck even Ryu's shakunestu hadouken is "white hot".

~Sado

Burnt Pancakes
Well laid brick, lol. And speaking of glowing attacks, anyone here see The Last Dragon?

bruce leeroy z0mg!

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by Violent K
Was those acid? The ones that can burn all of your body into noting seconds. you know alota bout acids i assume from this post. what type of acid does reptile spit, cuz from the games, most of his attacks are superifical to the skin (besides the finishing moves).

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Violent K
Was those acid? The ones that can burn all of your body into noting seconds.

Sagat has a higher chance of not dying from acid that than the Ryu uppercut he almost died from. It took him years to physically recover. With acid is topical. Ryu's punch was external and internal.

I give this one to Sagat. One Tiger-Uppercut from this Muay Thai champ would K.O. Reptile's small ass in 59 sec.

2D_MASTER
Sagat has a higher chance of not dying from acid that than the Ryu uppercut he almost died from. It took him years to physically recover. With acid is topical. Ryu's punch was external and internal.

I give this one to Sagat. One Tiger-Uppercut from this Muay Thai champ would K.O. Reptile's small ass in 59 sec.

I agree. MK fan boys don't get what a bad -ass sagat is in the SF universe.

judgement hand

he did not get his faced torched by acid

~the face burning hand of judgement

Burnt Pancakes
Reptile has never been Tiger Uppercutted in the face, either. no expression

~The Ti-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ige-e-er-r-r-rrr UPPERCUT'ting Hand of Judgement

Kazenji
Reptile will just go invisible and hopefully there is no water around and then belt the shit out of sagat.

Bruce Leeroy
Invisibility is worthless... Not too mention I'm pretty sure Retile's invisibility isn't even real invisibility. He's just bending light, or blending in with his surroundings. Either way Sagat can easily pick it up.

MadMel
you guys are underating reptile..hes probably not the highest tier, but he definatly has a chance against someone like sagat..
btw..turning invisible always is "bending the light", using magic or otherwise, as its the only way to escape someones field of vision..invisible woman can do it, and she she cant be seen by anyone without the right equipment, which i doubt sagat has..

Muck101
In comparison, I'd guess that the tiger-uppercut is far inferior to most any strong move in MK. And Reptile must have taken a few of said MK moves in order to become the general of Kahn's army. I.E fireballs, sonic screams, slashes to chest and stomach, buzzsaws coming out of a robot's freaking chest for crying out loud. Sagat is "TOASTY"

Bruce Leeroy
I disagree erm

And bent light isn't all that hard to see. If it's possible for Arnold Swartzenegger and Danny Glover to see a cloaked Predator, then Sagat can DEFINENTLY see him. At which point Sagat just out-H2H's him.

Muck101
Please explain then, how an uppercut could outhurt an enormous buzzsaw? Or even one of Sindell's sonic screams?

Bruce Leeroy
The same way Liu Kang f*cks up Lizard with a kick?

Muck101
That was the movie, not the game. and his name is Reptile, you blasphemer

Bruce Leeroy
Where did "Lizard" come from, anyway?

Oh yeah... they're identical... stick out tongue

And why does it matter? Are you saying that in the game if Lei Kang were to kick Reptile it wouldn't even hurt? Are you saying that Reptile is not invulnerable to harm? Asking how an uppercut would hurt him is like asking how a punch would hurt him. Besides, too my knowledge didn't Taven beat him?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
I disagree erm

And bent light isn't all that hard to see. If it's possible for Arnold Swartzenegger and Danny Glover to see a cloaked Predator

Well Reptile seemed very invisible in shaolin monks you could'nt even see him only when he attacked.

FistOfThe North
Tiger!, Tiger!, Tiger!, Ti-Uppercut!

Sagat Wins!

Violent K
Acid Shower. Reptile WIns!

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
you know alota bout acids i assume from this post. what type of acid does reptile spit, cuz from the games, most of his attacks are superifical to the skin (besides the finishing moves).

Violent K
Here.

L9KEHx7ZTds

Wait till you see a Lizard Man.

P.S My bad, it doesn't burn through bones.

Bruce Leeroy
*yawn*

All those times he had to walk up to an already defeated foe, prep up, then dump the Acid, which didn't even burn through bones. It just melted they're skin.

Sagat is NOT going to just stand there and take the slow moving acid in the face. Unlike Reptile's acid, Sagat doesn't need to stand there and prepare for a second, then vomit out his Tiger Uppercut. It's completely random, instantaneous, and devastating.

So, the only reason the people rooting for Reptile says he wins is because of his acid... His acid will be ineffective, and at that point Sagat will just whip his ass in H2H.

Violent2Dope
I disagree erm

And bent light isn't all that hard to see. If it's possible for Arnold Swartzenegger and Danny Glover to see a cloaked Predator, then Sagat can DEFINENTLY see him. At which point Sagat just out-H2H's him. Are you actually trying to imply that Sagat would have any kind of chance against Arnie!? HOW DARE YOU!

FistOfThe North
People seem to forget that Sagat is a Hitman. A professional killer. So he'll know all of Reptiles moves beforehand resulting in the end the Geiko lizard wannabe with a quick neck snap.

MadMel
*yawn*

All those times he had to walk up to an already defeated foe, prep up, then dump the Acid, which didn't even burn through bones. It just melted they're skin.

Sagat is NOT going to just stand there and take the slow moving acid in the face. Unlike Reptile's acid, Sagat doesn't need to stand there and prepare for a second, then vomit out his Tiger Uppercut. It's completely random, instantaneous, and devastating.

So, the only reason the people rooting for Reptile says he wins is because of his acid... His acid will be ineffective, and at that point Sagat will just whip his ass in H2H.
1. gameplay
2. gameplay
3. gameplay
4. see how he turned completely invisible, not the "bending the light crap" you were going on with roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji

Bruce Leeroy
1. Prove it.
2. Prove it.
3. Prove it.
4. And how did he do so? Not too mention I always knew were he was, so it wouldn't mtatter. AND add to the fact that Sagat would also be able to hear him and Reptile is completely worthless roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Then prove to us how the **** can sagat hear an invisible person ?

Bruce Leeroy
The same wya everyone else can? And the same way you can hear him/see his foot prints in the MK:Armageddon ? confused

MadMel
1. Prove it. its logic...you probably never heard of it..
you dont think itd be just plain cheap to rip a person in half in the middle of a round? thats why they put fatalities at the end, when the character is stunned roll eyes (sarcastic)
always knew were he was, so it wouldn't matter. AND add to the fact that Sagat would also be able to hear him and Reptile is completely worthless roll eyes (sarcastic) worthless?? you think shao kahn just hire some "worthless" person in command of all his armies?? no, reptile must of impressed shao kanhn to allow him any control..and thats a feat since both the shokan and centaurs are always shown fighting just to get his attention..

ok, lets say that sagat can hear reptitle while he's invisible...he could spit a wad of acid in sagats face, go invisible while hes temporarily blinded, then either attack or launch a forceball (most likely attack since forceball is slow)..it wont give him an instant victory, but it definatly give him a chance agaisnt sagats fanboyishly immortal "tiger uppercut"

Xenogears
Reptile dominates Sagat.

mr.smiley
I think it depends on which version of the characters your using.I think comparing the game versions,Reptile wins.If your comparing comic book Sagat or Anime Sagat to game reptile,then Reptile loses after putting up a half way decent fight.

lightness
sagat wins.

sagat's probably the strongest of the mid tier sf chars. I don't know what to say in the anime, in sf2v he couldn't do a tiger shot since only ryu can after learning about hadou. sf2movie, had him more powerful but only 1 intro fight against ryu i remember. I would say game version is more powerful.

as if sf chars don't have things that can rival acid, sf chars can shoot ki blasts, generate electricity, fire, ice, etc. and sf cast include a few characters who can shatter mountains easily and use psychic attacks

Bruce Leeroy
Originally posted by lightness

as if sf chars don't have things that can rival acid, sf chars can shoot ki blasts, generate electricity, fire, ice, etc. and sf cast include a few characters who can shatter mountains easily and use psychic attacks

Exactly. It's ludicrosu to say that Reptile's slow moving acid is the deciding factor, despite the fact that Sagat and other SF fighters take building destroying Ki Blasts and sonic booms all the time.

FistOfThe North
I hope no one has forotten that Sagat's stronger and faster than Repile is. And probably smarter, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.