Your least favourite nation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
Which nation do you like the least, and why?

Council#13
Might this thread spark arguments and derogatory comments?

Symmetric Chaos
Terroriststan . . .

ADarksideJedi
France it is such a dirty country!jm

Lord Coal
Originally posted by Council#13
Might this thread spark arguments and derogatory comments?

Hopefully not, but it should provoke some healthy debate, and perhaps reveal where certain countries are going wrong, particularly in their foreign policies.

As for derogatory comments: that'd surely amount to racism, which I should imagine will result in a ban. Therefore, I don't think any members worth taking any note of would bother with that.

Ytse
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Terroriststan . . .

Heh, yeah my thinking is along those lines. Though of course I don't want to generalize. There are lots of good people in places like Pakistan and Syria and lots of interesting things to see.

inimalist
wow

4 European nations, 7 from the Western world

I wonder what point this thread starter was trying to make?

and anyways, Iran

Council#13
Originally posted by Lord Coal
Hopefully not, but it should provoke some healthy debate, and perhaps reveal where certain countries are going wrong, particularly in their foreign policies.

As for derogatory comments: that'd surely amount to racism, which I should imagine will result in a ban. Therefore, I don't think any members worth taking any note of would bother with that.

Well, that's good enough for me! smile

botankus
Originally posted by Lord Coal
Hopefully not, but it should provoke some healthy debate

You haven't been here long, have you????

Healing Artisan
laughing @ "healthy debate"

i rarely see that in KMC anymore.

RocasAtoll
Iberian Peninsula.

sithsaber408
N. Korea, Iran, and Trashcanistan.

U.K., USA, Germany, France, Australia, and Israel are the good guys.

Why they are included in the choices is beyond me.

Fishy
Iran at the moment... They suck monkey balls. China ranks pretty high on my not liked nations list as well.

Nellinator
Iran has monkeys?

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
wow

4 European nations, 7 from the Western world

I wonder what point this thread starter was trying to make?

and anyways, Iran

No shit, asking a loaded question... you'd think he'd either include all countries in the poll or just ask the question and not do a poll.

chillmeistergen
USA

Boris
America, UK, Israel.

Most Arab countries with their insane Muslim laws.

botankus
Counting mine, that's three votes for Iran. Right now they're beating every country in the poll except for France.

Fishy
Which I really can't understand, what's so bad about France?

botankus
Maybe the last scene in Talladega Nights left a bad taste in alot of people's mouths (pun intended).

Fishy
Originally posted by Nellinator
Iran has monkeys?

Haven't you ever seen their president on TV?

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Fishy

Say what you like about the States, but they've never actually launched a strike against Greenpeace yet.

chillmeistergen

Well I don't want to generalise too much, but it's full of arrogant arse candles....

WrathfulDwarf
Regarding the USA and France comments....for some reason I don't think there is sucha big rivalry between the two. I would think that the rivalry with France is much bigger with England. Both been neighbors for years and they had their differences...maybe nowadays things have change.

Devil King

1Ic4xgOERgk

King Nothing
The U.S. Of Motha F**kin A!!!

Why do they have to be the world police, one of the 1st nations to get involved in outside affairs. Maybe if they spent less time meddling with other countries America could be a true blue great country.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by King Nothing
The U.S. Of Motha F**kin A!!!

Why do they have to be the world police, one of the 1st nations to get involved in outside affairs. Maybe if they spent less time meddling with other countries America could be a true blue great country.

Both your favourite and least favourite?

King Nothing
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Both your favourite and least favourite? Yup.

jaden101
dirkadirkastan

~Forever*Alone~
usa, i dont really like them....

i would have said N Korea, but thats where my friend is from

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
America for the win in this poll. They win everything except Vietnam........

debbiejo
Well then maybe you should be nice to us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well then maybe you should be nice to us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nah smile

Burnt Pancakes
I hate all of Eruope no expression

Simply because they never stfu with they're anti-US gibberish.

darth siphon
This is exactly why the U.S. is going downhill. Our own citizens are saying the country is corrupt. Every empire has screwed up somewhere and been criticized. America is really just a modern-day empire.

chithappens
Originally posted by darth siphon
This is exactly why the U.S. is going downhill. Our own citizens are saying the country is corrupt. Every empire has screwed up somewhere and been criticized. America is really just a modern-day empire.

Look @ France now. I think that is a much better example of citizens saying "**** you."

inimalist
My advice to anyone who thinks a Western nation should top this list is to pack your bags and move to one of these fantastic nations:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/01/24/06caphosp_corrupt_slide.html

chithappens
Similar stuff happens in Western nations, but I do get your point. Nice link laughing

SpunkySmurph
Definitley Australia.

MightyEInherjar
Portugal. **** Portugal.

long pig
How can you hate America?

The only ones that do are either Americans who think it's cool to be anti-american just because it's the thing to do or shit country-folk who are jealous.

USA should be the world police, we're the only ones with enough sense and enough muscle to do it.

chithappens
... That response is why someone would say they only hate America

Strangelove
China.

Kram3r
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Definitley Australia.

F*ck. You. BTW, why?

Also, WTF is up with all this Anti-America crap? I experience this frequently and it's total BS. I get all this "AmeRiKaz lIek makez Warz wit otha nation5 and dey is fatz and stoopidz, l00lz." and it's so ignorant it's a joke. Most of these claims are based on nothing besides the fact that Bush is in power. America is a fine country. If you look behind Bush you might actually see that other lawmakers are trying to do something to stop Bush and that generally, they have a fun culture filled with nice people (all the ones I met anyway). Of course the latter is opinion but nonetheless. I just think that you could choose a lot worse countries than America. I mean for those who hate America where would you rather live, America or the Democratic people's republic of Congo? I mean seriously.

Rogue Jedi
they are just jealous because we can kick the living shit outta them any time we want.

Kinneary
People that actually list America as their most hated country are really just ignorant, in my opinion. It's the same as saying France or Britain are the worst countries in the world. Granted none of us are darlings, but we're definitely not the worst.

Fishy
America isn't a nice nation, it has a lot of ****ed up things, it does things it shouldn't do and it didn't attack Greenpeace like Ush said. All reasons to hate the country but they did do a lot of good things too... And living in the US is far better then living in 80% of the other country's in the world.

Rogue Jedi
I hate turkey.

Alpha Centauri
I love that.

"We can kick the shit out of anyone we want.". You can't, RJ. You wouldn't join the army, remember.

It's easy to kick the ass of arabs who probably don't have the technology to fire a doughnut at anything further than the Middle East, when you're an iron fortress of a country.

There's a reason US don't war with Russia or anyone else.

Originally posted by Kram3r
F*ck. You. BTW, why?

Also, WTF is up with all this Anti-America crap? I experience this frequently and it's total BS. I get all this "AmeRiKaz lIek makez Warz wit otha nation5 and dey is fatz and stoopidz, l00lz." and it's so ignorant it's a joke. Most of these claims are based on nothing besides the fact that Bush is in power. America is a fine country. If you look behind Bush you might actually see that other lawmakers are trying to do something to stop Bush and that generally, they have a fun culture filled with nice people (all the ones I met anyway). Of course the latter is opinion but nonetheless. I just think that you could choose a lot worse countries than America. I mean for those who hate America where would you rather live, America or the Democratic people's republic of Congo? I mean seriously.

There's nothing wrong with being anti-American government.

I have no problem with the country itself, it has some great places and some bad places, great people and bad people, like anywhere. Like your face. I joke. Prince comes from America, but so does Ashlee Simpson. Night and day, etc.

Unfortunately, because Bush IS in power, it does make it a horrible place to live for many people, due to certain laws, restrictions and beliefs force upon them that don't necessarily exist in England or wherever else.

-AC

Ushgarak
America isn't a nice nation, it has a lot of ****ed up things, it does things it shouldn't do and it didn't attack Greenpeace like Ush said. All reasons to hate the country but they did do a lot of good things too... And living in the US is far better then living in 80% of the other country's in the world.

I didn't actually expect 'not attacking Greenpeace' to end up in a list of things to hate about the US, to be honest.

xmarksthespot
Pinko commie treehugger!

Anyway, I don't really see the point in hating any particular country. But let's just go with N. Korea because Kim Jong-il is a fruitloop with bad hair.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
There's nothing wrong with being anti-American government.

I have no problem with the country itself, it has some great places and some bad places, great people and bad people, like anywhere. Like your face. I joke. Prince comes from America, but so does Ashlee Simpson. Night and day, etc.

Unfortunately, because Bush IS in power, it does make it a horrible place to live for many people, due to certain laws, restrictions and beliefs force upon them that don't necessarily exist in England or wherever else.

-AC

You had to bring Prince into this. weep

I agree. Like I said, I just don't see why (from personal experiences) people would hate an entire nation because of one person. I know people like this who just reply with crap that America is "evil". srug

lil bitchiness
F*ck. You. BTW, why?

It isn't ''Bush'' which makes everyone hate America as a country.
Anti-American feelings have been around for a longish time.

There are numerous of Us diplomats and officials, who still hold power from the previous administrations, who are still heavily influencing what happens in America and the world.
Previous administrations went to unjust wars and killed innocent people.

Bush being in power did not make people hate America.

Its the same scenario with the Anti-Iranian bull. Its ok to hate Iran, because America says so, but heaven forbid anyone hate America.

Kram3r
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
It isn't ''Bush'' which makes everyone hate America as a country.
Anti-American feelings have been around for a longish time.

There are numerous of Us diplomats and officials, who still hold power from the previous administrations, who are still heavily influencing what happens in America and the world.

Bush being in power did not make people hate America.

Its the same scenario with the Anti-Iranian bull. Its ok to hate Iran, because America says so, but heaven forbid anyone hate America.

There are other cultures with far worse governments that lack (of course this is opinion) the fascinating culture and history of America. Look at the country from the home front. What's wrong with it? I think it's stupid to hate every aspect of a nation purely because the government isn't desirable.

Alpha Centauri
If anything, everyone hates America.

I don't understand where the "Heaven forbid." part comes from.

-AC

chillmeistergen
There are other cultures with far worse governments that lack (of course this is opinion) the fascinating culture and history of America. Look at the country from the home front. What's wrong with it? I think it's stupid to hate every aspect of a nation purely because the government isn't desirable.

What I don't like about it, is the widespread mentality of 'we have a massive military, you must like us'. I'm not saying the majority feel this way by any means, but it's enough for me and others to have noticed. I also feel a lot of people to be very rude whenever I visit the states, which I usually do at least once a year.

lil bitchiness

I don't recall ever implying that anyone, much less myself, hate every aspect of a nation. That is your attribute to my comment.

Saying that ''there are other worse nations'' cannot serve as justification for implying that it is ignorant to hate America.

America as a nation puts itself on a moral high ground over everyone else, yet it behaves, at times in the exactly the same manner that the countries it condemns behave.

American exceptionalism is what makes America far more hated and its foreign policy towards, not certain countries, but the whole world.

smoker4
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
they are just jealous because we can kick the living shit outta them any time we want.

i didnt vote USA but comments like that lower my opinion of it.

lil bitchiness
flirt1 You voted France, didn't you.

Alpha Centauri
I don't recall ever implying that anyone, much less myself, hate every aspect of a nation. That is your attribute to my comment.

Saying that ''there are other worse nations'' cannot serve as justification for implying that it is ignorant to hate America.

America as a nation puts itself on a moral high ground over everyone else, yet it behaves, at times in the exactly the same manner that the countries it condemns behave.

American exceptionalism is what makes America far more hated and its foreign policy towards, not certain countries, but the whole world.

Those are very justifiable reasons to dislike or hate the American government, of public attitude toward things.

What Kramer was saying is he doesn't see why it's necessary to hate America as a nation because of the aforementioned government.

It's like hating hip hop because you dislike the way 50 Cent acts and the way mainstream fans act. It's not all like that, and I'm sure you'd agree, since you've been to America and said you had a great time, as have I.

But we'd both agree that the government do a lot of shitty things, but the sins of the government shouldn't fall on the land itself and all those who inhabit it.

-AC

Kram3r

I never implied you said anything, I just simply replied to your post.

It's only ignorant to hate on America if you're picking at one aspect of it and judging the nation as a whole because of how you feel on that particular aspect.

Says who? You? And who are you? A person just like me. This your perception, nothing more. You say "America as a nation" and in regards to what you say I say only a few because every nation has people like that, not just America.

smoker4
flirt1 You voted France, didn't you.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/flirt1.gif see through me you can

lil bitchiness
I never implied you said anything, I just simply replied to your post.

It's only ignorant to hate on America if you're picking at one aspect of it and judging the nation as a whole because of how you feel on that particular aspect.

Says who? You? And who are you? A person just like me. This your perception, nothing more. You say "America as a nation" and in regards to what you say I say only a few because every nation has people like that, not just America.

America has a lobby which goes around making other countries sign agreements in which it is agreed that noone will EVER indite the American citizen to the world court.

American citizens cannot be handed over to the World Court for any crimes.
American expeptionalism.

America has the highest number of nuclear weapons. Anyone else who America deems not to like, must be disarmed.
American expetionalism.

Anyone else invading another country is aggressor. America invading a country is a peace mission.
American exeptionalism.

etc...

Furthermore, America polices the world, it invades and re-organises countries and their leaders.
The fact that, for example, Democratic Republic of Congo has few American type politicians is irrelevant.
Democratic Republic of Congo, or any other country, does NOT run the world.

If your only argumet to me is ''There are other countries which are bad'' and ''you're the only one who claims that'', you are not paying attention to present or past.
Originally posted by smoker4
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/flirt1.gif see through me you can

Someone once said that France is the most annoying nation in Europe! shockish

Kram3r
America has a lobby which goes around making other countries sign agreements in which it is agreed that noone will EVER indite the American citizen to the world court.

American citizens cannot be handed over to the World Court for any crimes.
American expeptionalism.

America has the highest number of nuclear weapons. Anyone else who America deems not to like, must be disarmed.
American expetionalism.

Anyone else invading another country is aggressor. America invading a country is a peace mission.
American exeptionalism.

etc...

Furthermore, America polices the world, it invades and re-organises countries and their leaders.
The fact that, for example, Democratic Republic of Congo has few American type politicians is irrelevant.
Democratic Republic of Congo, or any other country, does NOT run the world.

If your only argumet to me is ''There are other countries which are bad'' and ''you're the only one who claims that'', you are not paying attention to present or past.

You're obviously not paying attention to what I said or AC said. Are all 300 million citizens responsible for what the politicians are doing? No. Does this affect that they have a great culture and history? No. All this says is that America has made some shitty moves. BTW, "exeptionalism" is not a word, stop using it.

lil bitchiness
''American exceptionalism''
My mistake in spelling.

I have not implied anything about the citizens. I have already explained that above.
People who officially represent America, and their actions, in the name of America is who we are talking about. Noone is talking about the people, we have been over that many times now. Move on.

Kram3r
''American exceptionalism''
My mistake in spelling.

I have not implied anything about the citizens. I have already explained that above.
People who officially represent America, and their actions, in the name of America is who we are talking about. Noone is talking about the people, we have been over that many times now. Move on.

Ok, so we're back to where we started. Where I said "I think it's ignorant to judge a nation as a whole because a person find a particular aspect not favourable" and you quote me telling me that "People have found the government unfavourable for years". Kudos to you. thumb down

Rogue Jedi
I love that.

"We can kick the shit out of anyone we want.". You can't, RJ. You wouldn't join the army, remember.

It's easy to kick the ass of arabs who probably don't have the technology to fire a doughnut at anything further than the Middle East, when you're an iron fortress of a country.

-AC
you just couldn't resist taking a shot at me, i see. how do you think the USA became an iron fortress of a country? ny kicking ass. there isn't a country in the modern world that can take this one. I am not all American pride and gung ho, I am just observant enough to read the writing on the wall. Russia? come on.....it is a shadow of it's former self.

Fishy
you just couldn't resist taking a shot at me, i see. how do you think the USA became an iron fortress of a country? ny kicking ass. there isn't a country in the modern world that can take this one. I am not all American pride and gung ho, I am just observant enough to read the writing on the wall. Russia? come on.....it is a shadow of it's former self.

And the US still wouldn't dream of attacking it. The US may be the most powerful nation in the world, and there isn't any country out there that can destroy it. But there are plenty of nations that the US can't destroy either.

chillmeistergen

See, it's this attitude which makes it such a disliked nation. Not everything is about who can beat who. Some people, well most people (outside of the U.S) regard that as a very infantile viewpoint. World police, bollocks, it's a bully nation.

Rogue Jedi
See, it's this attitude which makes it such a disliked nation. Not everything is about who can beat who. Some people, well most people (outside of the U.S) regard that as a very infantile viewpoint. World police, bollocks, it's a bully nation.
It's not my job to determine this countries attitude about itself.

Honestly? I think the USA could use a good old fashioned kick in the teeth, maybe bring it down a notch or two.

and i DO agree with you about the USA being a bully nation. But when you are the big dog on the block, you kind of have to flex your might from time to time.

I am not the ultimate patriot. I like living in this country for one reason only. Freedom. I don't celebrate the fourth of july. I could care less about our founding fathers. I say live and let live.

I just hope you guys are not getting the wrong impression, that I am bragging about this countries might. I am merely telling it like it is.

chillmeistergen
The trouble is I think it's lost something along the way. I no longer see it as the country of the free. It's a country who's residents are dictated to in virtually every way, from product placement to religion.

Rogue Jedi
The trouble is I think it's lost something along the way. I no longer see it as the country of the free. It's a country who's residents are dictated to in virtually every way, from product placement to religion.
That's a very good point. Sometimes I think that the government thinks of us as a bunch of drones.

debbiejo
People hate us...weep

I eat all the ethnic food, I just don't understand!

Devil King
I'd like to point out that it is the height of democracy to criticize your own government. As many people in this thread have said, there's nothing wrong with disliking the government of the United States or many of it's domestic and foreign policies. However, simply coming into a thread to bash a country by saying "it sucks" and then leaving the specific reasons for that to other more knowledgable posters is bad form. On the flip side, many posters in this thread, from America, couldn't do the same for the country they criticize, either.

I'll never say I hate my own country. I don't, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. (Except maybe Japan.)

Look at Mitt Romney. When asked what was wrong with America, this man, a candidate for the presidency of the United States, said there was nothing he didn't like about America. Is this really a man this country would actually be ignorant enough to consider a viable candidate for the presidency?

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
Originally posted by Devil King
the United States

"it sucks"

Devil King
Originally posted by zozo_yoyo_xoxo

What is that? Is that like an attempt to bait me?

zozo_yoyo_xoxo
What is that? Is that like an attempt to bait me?

No

smile

Darth_Erebus2
Why would anybody hate a country? What is there to hate? It's governments foreign or economic policies? It's geographic location on a map? It's weather? The way it's people eat?

Hating a country is one of the most ignorant things one can do...yet history is rife with it.

chillmeistergen
The thread title is 'least favourite' not 'most hated'.

J-Beowulf

"France would be a beautiful country if it weren't for the French."

And yes, I dislike Iran the most with North Korea in close second. Both pose a huge threat to everybody.

J-Beowulf
I love that.

Perhaps you should take into consideration why those countries don't make war with us. The United States has the best conventional military on the planet, and that's a fact. It's been like that since World War II. The way you make it sound like we're scared is a fallacy in itself. The last country that screwed with America in a conventional way was Iraq in 1991, and look what happened to them. At the time, I believe Iraq had the fourth largest military in the world, with somewhere in the range of 1.2 million troops, almost 6,000 tanks and hundreds of aircraft. We crushed them after a three week air campaign and a 100 hour ground invasion.

Our military is the best military in the world, and there is no nation on the planet that could even put up a fighting chance in a conventional war with us. Not a single one.

Unconventional warfare though... that's for another discussion.

SpunkySmurph
F*ck. You. BTW, why?
I wanted to be different. leftright

Kram3r
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I wanted to be different. leftright

Ah, understandable.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
Perhaps you should take into consideration why those countries don't make war with us. The United States has the best conventional military on the planet, and that's a fact. It's been like that since World War II. The way you make it sound like we're scared is a fallacy in itself. The last country that screwed with America in a conventional way was Iraq in 1991, and look what happened to them. At the time, I believe Iraq had the fourth largest military in the world, with somewhere in the range of 1.2 million troops, almost 6,000 tanks and hundreds of aircraft. We crushed them after a three week air campaign and a 100 hour ground invasion.

Our military is the best military in the world, and there is no nation on the planet that could even put up a fighting chance in a conventional war with us. Not a single one.

So if you are aware I meant, in general, why bother saying all that?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by J-Beowulf

Define "Unconventional Warfare."

Alpha Centauri
Sword, armour, horses?

Oh wait, America was just a concept at that point while we were all establishing civilisation which was admittedly based on violence, but at least they were honourable battles. America came along and messed that up for everyone.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Sword, armour, horses?

Oh wait, America was just a concept at that point while we were all establishing civilisation which was admittedly based on violence, but at least they were honourable battles. America came along and messed that up for everyone.

-AC
yeah, I noticed that America brought forth a new age in warfare.......not.

lil bitchiness
yeah, I noticed that America brought forth a new age in warfare.......not.

Actually it did.

Rogue Jedi
who invented gunpowder? I really dont know, thats why I am asking.

debbiejo
It was the Chinese.

Rogue Jedi
ok....then why is America responsible for ushering in a new era of warfare?

Alpha Centauri
It wasn't serious, my comment.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
ok, Yoda. Corrected, I am. Pay better attention, I will.

Devil King
ok....then why is America responsible for ushering in a new era of warfare?

maybe I'm missing the point, but what is going on now in the middle east isn't "new". it's all left over policy fodder from the cold war. and british policy is even older than that. they're just waiting for us to fix the problem. which we won't.

Kinneary
Sword, armour, horses?

-AC
The fact that America was recently formed, and by people who were seen as undesirables in your nations, while now maintaing cultural and military dominance, says more about the failure of your own countries than anything about the US.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kinneary
The fact that America was recently formed, and by people who were seen as undesirables in your nations, while now maintaing cultural and military dominance, says more about the failure of your own countries than anything about the US.
2guns

chillmeistergen

Not really it seems to prove a point why they were the undesirables. In that short amount of time, America has the highest obesity rate, a suffering education, the most cults in the world and is the most unpopular nation in the western world.

lil bitchiness
And Eastern world too.

Alfheim
Iran.

vintageSW77
edit

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alfheim
Iran.

I hate what Iran has become. This is a stain on our history that will never be rubbed out. And it wont even begin being rubbed out as long as there are insane Mullahs and Ayatollahs running Iran, and Ahmadinejad saying obscene hate filled anti-semitic things.

botankus
I think Iran has like 26 votes. Too bad the thread starter had a better chance of putting Antactica as one of the choices.

Fishy
Originally posted by botankus
I think Iran has like 26 votes. Too bad the thread starter had a better chance of putting Antactica as one of the choices.

Iran isn't on the list and other only has 7 votes... So far the US is still leading.

BobbyD
It's not my job to determine this countries attitude about itself.

Honestly? I think the USA could use a good old fashioned kick in the teeth, maybe bring it down a notch or two.

and i DO agree with you about the USA being a bully nation. But when you are the big dog on the block, you kind of have to flex your might from time to time.

I am not the ultimate patriot. I like living in this country for one reason only. Freedom. I don't celebrate the fourth of july. I could care less about our founding fathers. I say live and let live.

I just hope you guys are not getting the wrong impression, that I am bragging about this countries might. I am merely telling it like it is.

Well said, but the only difference is I like the 4th of July. smile

Bicnarok

inimalist

WrathfulDwarf
America has the highest obesity rate

Food is delicious...can't complain.

lil bitchiness
maybe you should check out the democratic republic of congo wink

What about it?

DRC is not running the world, or meddling in other people's business. It is not, on a global scale as important as America.

DRC does not affect many places around the world the way America does, hence noone cares enough to hate it.

Many of us care (to various degrees) about America because it affects most of us.

Alpha Centauri
I like living in this country for one reason only. Freedom

What are you allowed to do in America that I am not allowed to do here?

I'm just curious as to what "Freedom." and "America." have exclusively in common to the Americans who say it. Because I'm pretty free to do what I want, really. It has nothing to do with being in America, you could move to England, Canada, Spain or a majority of other countries and have the same freedom if you're a pretty regular human.

Any American can answer me also, if they want. I'm genuinely curious.

-AC

BackFire
We can own guns.

Good times.

WrathfulDwarf
We don't have to bow to The Queen.

Heck! I bow to NO friggin monarchs. Score!

ADarksideJedi
Why on earth would everyone vote for america?It is alot better then some countrys and we do have more freedom then Cuba and Japen and so on.Come on people!Support the USA!JM

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Heck! I bow to NO friggin monarchs. Score!

I don't think anyone sane bows to the Queen.

Alpha Centauri

Neither do we, but it was a serious question.

Freedom is something a lot of Americans cite as a main reason for loving the country, as if it's exclusively American.

What can any American do, freedom wise, that any normal human cannot do in England, Canada, Spain etc? If you're a pretty standard human, lifestyle wise, what good is the freedom? How many of us even use it?

Just a question that needs asking I think.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
I don't think anyone sane bows to the Queen.

From what I've seen on TV there is lots of insane people in the UK then.

As far as I understand it's done out of respect for royalty. Honestly, bite my ass the British royalty.

If I were to bow it would be done out of respect for the British people.

Alpha Centauri

As far as I understand it's done out of respect for royalty. Honestly, bite my ass the British royalty.

A) We have a lot of very stupid people. Our general public is ridiculously dumb.

B) The British people don't deserve inherent respect, really. At least I don't see a reason.

-AC

chillmeistergen

Yes, we've all seen that rubbish on TV. But the crowds usually have 200-300 people in them. That in no way represents the British public. It's like me using the example of following rodeo for Americans.

manorastroman
america has the most embarassing "low culture" of any country i can think of, but also my favorite "high culture" (since france kind of went down the drain in that regard).

about the world police thing: can't everyone see that this is a no-win situation? when america isn't being "the world police" everybody complains that we're not using our tremendous resources to help other countries. yet when we are the world police, there are equal complaints (and from generally the same population). i just don't get it.

frankly, i wish we were isolationist again.

Rogue Jedi
What are you allowed to do in America that I am not allowed to do here?

I'm just curious as to what "Freedom." and "America." have exclusively in common to the Americans who say it. Because I'm pretty free to do what I want, really. It has nothing to do with being in America, you could move to England, Canada, Spain or a majority of other countries and have the same freedom if you're a pretty regular human.

Any American can answer me also, if they want. I'm genuinely curious.

-AC
We get to bow down and kiss the feet of the greatest man who has ever lived.....George Bush. laughing

BackFire

Freedom is something a lot of Americans cite as a main reason for loving the country, as if it's exclusively American.

What can any American do, freedom wise, that any normal human cannot do in England, Canada, Spain etc? If you're a pretty standard human, lifestyle wise, what good is the freedom? How many of us even use it?

-AC

We can get away with murder.

No really, we can. We just have to pretend we're stupid or something, it works. I know.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BackFire
We can get away with murder.

No really, we can. We just have to pretend we're stupid or something, it works. I know.
or say "I was fearing for my life. I did not realize what I was doing as I emptied a clip unto him then stabbed him 56 times."

Kinneary

-AC
How many of use freedom? Was that one of your questions? Or did I interpret it incorrectly?

Alpha Centauri
We get to bow down and kiss the feet of the greatest man who has ever lived.....George Bush. laughing

Is that an alternate way of saying "I don't know what I/any of us meant by 'Freedom'."?

-AC

chillmeistergen
The U.S isn't any more free than many countries. It's just a country that loves to give the impression of superiority at all times. When it's not about how free they are, it's about what a brilliant military they have. Looking at the number of suspected rigged elections, it doesn't seem that free to me.

inimalist
What about it?

DRC is not running the world, or meddling in other people's business. It is not, on a global scale as important as America.

DRC does not affect many places around the world the way America does, hence noone cares enough to hate it.

Many of us care (to various degrees) about America because it affects most of us.

the response was to corruption, and there is no argument that could show America as more corrupt than the DRC

but honestly, if you really think America is the worst for those reasons, worse than nations that kill their own people for nonsense reasons, worse than nations that DO have expressed expansionist ideology, worse than nations that support violence against soft civilian targets, then so be it. Clearly we have much MUCH different moral axioms.

I like you avatar though, it brings me back to those ol' ravin days

Devil King
How many of us use freedom? Was that one of your questions? Or did I interpret it incorrectly?

Yeah, I gotta wonder what that was supposed to mean?

AC, did you mean the right to assemble, or protest or bear arms? Or even to vote! That's a freedom too many Americans don't utilize.

Fishy
the response was to corruption, and there is no argument that could show America as more corrupt than the DRC

but honestly, if you really think America is the worst for those reasons, worse than nations that kill their own people for nonsense reasons, worse than nations that DO have expressed expansionist ideology, worse than nations that support violence against soft civilian targets, then so be it. Clearly we have much MUCH different moral axioms.

I like you avatar though, it brings me back to those ol' ravin days

The point is though that what the US does may not be as wrong as what does country's do, but they do it on a far larger scale, affecting more people in the progress.

Somebody executing everybody he has ever seen is really evil, but if that's only 20 people then he still wouldn't be compared to Hitler who killed millions but didn't kill everybody he saw.

Hitler would have killed less people % wise, but still be far more evil according to most.

inimalist
The point is though that what the US does may not be as wrong as what does country's do, but they do it on a far larger scale, affecting more people in the progress.

Somebody executing everybody he has ever seen is really evil, but if that's only 20 people then he still wouldn't be compared to Hitler who killed millions but didn't kill everybody he saw.

Hitler would have killed less people % wise, but still be far more evil according to most.

I guess I would not be considered in most. The numbers to me don't make much difference, I look at motive. Hitler was evil to me because of what he believed (and I guess because he acted on it).

If thats how you feel then thats how you feel. My point was corruption, I stand by the fact that the Democratic Republic of Congo is more corrupt than America, but I wont presume to tell you which to think is worse (though I kinda get a kick out of the double standardwink).

Fishy
I guess I would not be considered in most. The numbers to me don't make much difference, I look at motive. Hitler was evil to me because of what he believed (and I guess because he acted on it).

If thats how you feel then thats how you feel. My point was corruption, I stand by the fact that the Democratic Republic of Congo is more corrupt than America, but I wont presume to tell you which to think is worse (though I kinda get a kick out of the double standardwink).

Oh I don't actually think the US is the worst country in the world. I can however understand why a lot of people would think that. It's the most powerful so it has the biggest impact and most people are affected by it. A bad decision by them counts far more then a bad decision by another country.

And the US definitely isn't the most corrupted country, although the first election of Bush especially in a country that has democracy and freedom as such important things is just weird.

Rogue Jedi
Is that an alternate way of saying "I don't know what I/any of us meant by 'Freedom'."?

-AC
No, it's sarcasm meaning that Bush stinks. What the hell is the matter with you? You are usually sharp as a tack. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Devil King
Hitler who killed millions but didn't kill everybody he saw.

Less evil than who, exactly?

Alpha Centauri
So then will you answer the question?

-AC

Rogue Jedi

-AC
me or DK?

Devil King

-AC

To address Rouge Jedi's question, my least favorite nation is none of the above. I don't know everything about all of them...even my own. Unlike most people in the world, I wouldn't presume to assume that an entire nation is bad based on things I pretend to know. Neither do I have a favorite nation.

Rogue Jedi
To address Rouge Jedi's question, my least favorite nation is none of the above. I don't know everything about all of them...even my own. Unlike most people in the world, I wouldn't presume to assume that an entire nation is bad based on things I pretend to know. Neither do I have a favorite nation.
I was not aware that I asked something.

Devil King
I was not aware that I asked something.

Well, it had to be you or me....so I answered the only questioned I'd been posed, which was the question posed by the thread itself.

Rogue Jedi
Well, it had to be you or me....so I answered the only questioned I'd been posed, which was the question posed by the thread itself.
you had me at hello.

Devil King
you had me at hello.

Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?

Rogue Jedi
Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?
I have two armpits. I named them Shiloh and Maddox.

Alpha Centauri
me or DK?

Obviously you, the main guy I replied to when asking the question.

You said "Freedom." is the only reason, or main reason, you love living in the country. Why? What freedom do you have that people in England, Spain, Canada etc do not have? What can you do that I cannot?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Obviously you, the main guy I replied to when asking the question.

You said "Freedom." is the only reason, or main reason, you love living in the country. Why? What freedom do you have that people in England, Spain, Canada etc do not have? What can you do that I cannot?

-AC
If I lived in the UK, I'd say that freedom was the main reason I like living there. If I lived in Canada, I'd say the same. I just happen to live in America.

Baylin
I'm not keen on Donation! confused

ragesRemorse
China

Rogue Jedi
China? I love China. Hot chickadees.

Fishy
Less evil than who, exactly?

Mao.... But the point was that Hitler would be considered one of the most evil people ever even if he did kill less people % wise. Scale makes a large difference

Alpha Centauri
If I lived in the UK, I'd say that freedom was the main reason I like living there. If I lived in Canada, I'd say the same. I just happen to live in America.

Then why act like it's some kind of exclusively American luxury? If that's the only reason you love living there, not much to love about America itself, is there?

-AC

meep-meep

You can always sail away on a raft to Africa.

yvonekarate
USA. Never been a fan of their politics, never will.

Regards, Yvonne

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by meep-meep
You can always sail away on a raft to Africa. nah, I am afraid of giraffes. embarrasment

chillmeistergen
nah, I am afraid of giraffes. embarrasment

You'll be fine in Morocco, so long as you're not afraid of absolute nutjobs.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>